Options

2012 Marathon thread

Comments

• Options

Sounds like a good 10 miles AGF and another good long run Stuart.

Nice work stopping the garmin jason! image

I watched the service on TV NP, must be amazing to be part of it.

Teknik I hope the knee is on the mend.

HM4, any running or are you still recovering?

4 miles easy for me on Monday night and last night 6 1k intervals at 15k/hr with 75s recoveries (200m) 7 miles in total. Have had a niggle on the inside of my right ankle for a while now just below the ankle bone, will see how it is the next few days and might get it checked out. May be one for the physio.

F

• Options
    Tks HM4

Look after yourself Fiona too....
  • Options
    Well - just entered a team on 5 into next years Thunder run. Should be something different and quite looking forward to it.  All similar standards - so should be at least 5 x10K each over 24 hours. ...... Plus a few beers and BBQ etc with mates !!
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Fiona,

I think recovering although I do have a docs appointment tomorrow because my cough is being a nightmare at the mo.

-------

Well done on everyone's training.

• Options
    Rest day for me yesterday sitting in the fracture clinic awaiting more X-rays will get out later for a tempo run. 10k race on Saturday.

AGF nice running, sounds like a nice event you have planned.

Fiona nice interval session fingers crossed about your foot.

HM4. Hope your feeling better soon.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

F nice intervals - hope you shake that niggle

HM wish you well, soon

AGF the Thunder Run sounds like a real fun event - nice 10 miler

NP good luck for the tempo run. Hope everything's ok with the arm...

---

After three days rest the knee is the same, and now the other one is moaning, so I decided to go running instead. 7.64m easy.

• Options

NP any word on the X-rays - is the arm healing ok?

Sounds like an interesting race AGF, when is that?

HM4 hope the cough goes soon.

Tired yesterday so did not do the 10 miles as planned, just did 6 but happy with that. Still on target for the week's miles. I think what I eat affects my energy levels so instead of toast for lunch today had chickpeas, tuna, salad, wasabi and ginger. image

F

• Options

....and Teknik how were the knees after the run?

F

• Options
    Fiona got to go back again next week for another x-ray ,I am hoping that I will get the all clear then and its just allowed to heal by itself.

Teknik get the foam roller out and spend 15 each side.

Heading out for a short Tempo run now.
  • Options

Its at the end of July fiona......   ww.tr24.co.uk  Perhaps thread team entryimage

Hope the healing is straight forward NP.

Sounds Tasty Fiona...

Tek - He who dares image I agree with NP btw..

A simple 6 miles for me today....

• Options
    NP - fingers crossed with the arm

AGF- thinking about Thunder Run here too......have to see how it would fit in because recovery would take a while methinks.....
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys.  I went to the docs today and was told that I've got a secondary infection from a throat infection (which has cleared up) so I've got some antibiotics.

Gobi,

Hi.  How's things going?

• Options
    You only live once Jason...

Get well soon HM4

Hi Gobi, long time no hear. Hope/trust is all well. How's the cycling going? Are you running?
  • Options
    6 miles this afternoon with 2 miles at Tempo.

Sorry AGF thats build up time for the World Police and Firefighters games half marathon. Nice running today.

Hi Gobi how is everything going with you?
  • Options

Some good running guys.

AGF - Thunder run looks brilliant, not sure I can convince some mates to do it though!

-------------

No running for me since Monday, got a bit of a swollen ankle. Nothing serious, but thought I'd give it a rest. I'll likely run tomorrow, and if not Saturday.

• Options

AmGettingFitter (AGF) wrote (see)

Tek - He who dares image I agree with NP btw..

So long as it's not "I agree with Nick" image

6.25 uneventful miles with group for me tonight.

Quite happy with that after 2 unplanned days in hospital earlier this week (unrelated to running)

• Options
    Morning all image

Gobi- welcome back image
  • Options

You'll not need a head torch with all those x-rays NP! image

Hope you make a quick recovery HM4 and OH. Stuart and Teknik take care of the niggles.

Hi Gobi, I hope life is good with you.

5 miles last night with 3 at 7mm.

F

• Options

Morning jason! image

F

• Options

LOL glowing in the dark now Fiona image Morning...Nice running 3 at 7mmimage.

OH nice running hope everything is ok. 

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I am fat and slow running 10-20 miles a week. Ankle, well I live with it but it will never be perfect.

I am still doing some coaching so just popped in as I had a message from someone.

Take care

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Popping in to say its good to hear from Gobi!  I was just asking Spoons about you a couple of weeks ago and he said you were not running much but doing really well with the cycling. 

I enjoyed following your Forum Six thread when you mentored. image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Popped in because of mentoring to say I can't this year as I just don't have the forum time anymore.

I'm gone again

Take care everyone :??)

ps. remember rest is your friend and an ignored niggle can turn into a major injury. Don't make the arrogant mistake I did and think you are invincible as trust me. Rest is a better option than telling people you are a retired 2.30s marathon man who now does a bit of jogging due to injury. Just gives the non runners a chance to bitch that running is bad for you.
  • Options

Look after yourself Gobi... and thanks for the very solid advice....  image

• Options
    Just read your blogs Gobi nice 14th place in the half marathon even with little or no running its still in there, I hope the ankle keeps improving never say never.

4 miles easy for me today 10k race tomorrow.
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Fiona nice 5m. My knee is still aching but I think gentle jogging is loosening it up.

NP good call on the roller - but 15 mins each side is a looong time.  Good luck tomorrow on the 10k

AGF nice 6m

HM hope the antibiotics work quickly

Gobi hi. Sorry to hear the ankle's still not right

Stuart hope yours is feeling better today

OH well done on the 6.25m. Hope everything's ok...

jason hi!

---

Short 4.5m recovery at 70%max, and 1.5 hours of hot yoga today.

• Options
    No running here today- pouring and CBA. Think I'm going to take it easy for a bit.....but maybe I'll do tomorrow's hilly 10 m race first..... image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Jason,

Sounds like a perfect excuse for a cba day.

---------

Thanks guys.

• Options

Hope the 10k went well NP - technically that should be a PB if you've never done a 10k in plaster before!

Hope the knee is still behaving Teknik.

I've had a bit of CBA this week too jason so just taking it easy - good luck with the 10m!

Had a strength & conditioning induction at the gym last night. A seperate room with lots of weights, not for body building but athletes of all disciplines use it for s & c. Started off squatting with 30kg, should be 50kg to get to (almost) my body weight but will build to that. Also deadlifts and other things I cannot recall. image It's all so much more complicated that putting one foot in front of the other but the theory is it'll injury proof me by strengthening the big muscle groups and make me faster. image

14 miles this morning mostly in the woods. Muddy, ice on the puddles and a really cold wind but a beautiful day. image

Hope the drugs are working HM4! image

F