Talkback: ASICS Target 26.2 Team: Emma

1434445464749»

Comments

• Cooooeee I'm home.... LOL

Hi all!

Hope everyone is feeling sprightly today!  Can't believe it's Thursday already and another weekend is rushing towards us - how are the Milton Keynesers feeling? 

Emma - oooh - that's a big decision!  Completely understand of course - are there alternatives available?

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    SB - nervous, excited, worried. Mostly worried. Obsessing constantly - can't concentrate on anything. Don't tell Emma's mum!

Only two more miles of training to go!
  • Ha ha - although she now accepts that I'm doing another marathon in October.

All those feelings are totally normal before a marathon! GOOD LUCK!

• Ten - breathe..... you're going to be fine!  Have you got a pacing formula in mind yet?  Are you gonna do the 10m, 10m, 10k thingy? Tell us your plan...  

Emma - hee hee - you rebel! image

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    SB - the pacing formula should come as no major surprise. The plan is
    10m @ 10:15;
    10m @ 10:00;
    6.2m @ 9:45

I'm taking zipvit gels and will take one per hour. There are a couple of gel stations on the course, plus lucozade sport stations, if I should need a top-up.

Weather forecast is heavy rain and very windy, which is not part of any plan I had in mind! I'll have to resist the temptation to speed up when the weather is bad (in an effort to finish quicker!).
  • Hey Ten - good on ya! image

I will keep an eye on the sky and wish for long sunny spells between the showers for you.  Have you decided when you're taking your first gel?  I was thinking about this the other day - can you remember was it at about 30 - 40 minutes for the first one and then hourly thereafter?  My blackcurrant ones with caffeine arrived yesterday - can't wait to try one of those - very happy with the non-caffeinated version!

If I don't chat before - hope you have a brilliant experience regardless of the weather - it should bring out some humour if nothing else! Go Ten GOOOOOOOOOOOO

• SB - my gel plan for next week is using SIS Go ones at 22g each and taking them at 45 min, 1hr 30min, 2hr10mins then every 20 mins after that (got those times written on the side of my carry bottles) - will take water as i need it by thirst

• Looks like its going to chuck it down here just as I get on my bike and cycle home!!! As usual!!! Thanks SB for your generosity.......appreciate it.

I have the SIS gels carrying about five of those is quite a bit of weight dangling round the hips will try this weekend with the full kit on and gels.........need to go out and hide some water I reckon as 21 miles is the goal, no good for family life, my OH is getting fed up with me being out so long now........nearly there I keep telling her. She went out for 4 miles this am despite having pleurisy and me telling her not to, she said was only going very slow.  Obesessed these running folks.

• Think if the belt thingy doesn't suit me might try the bottles a la Oscarr..........Bought some new trainers at Sweatshop online........Asics Kayano 17s as there is a sale on plus 20% discount code floating around. Let me know if anybody wants it and I will post it......

Its just gone dark here, typical!!!image

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭
    mcs - I was normally back home by the time the wife got up, so she barely noticed my long runs (except a couple of early ones which wiped me out for the day!). I forgot I had my gel belt on during a 12 mile run (four large gels attached for the full distance).

SB - I'm taking the first gel after one hour into the race. They have 50g carbs, so no need to take them too often. I'll slowly consume over about half-a-mile near the water station. I might take a small High5 gel before the start, which I did in training when I went out for a long run before breakfast.

Yikes - another day has nearly passed already!
  • Thanks guys - will have to start playing and testing soon! 

mcs - you're very welcome. Giving my sweetie money away is a great way to stop me munching my usual quota of sugary junk! I like that it will be doing some good instead!  Mrs mcs is very naughty and should be put in the naughty corner (albeit with a quilt and a comfy chair).  I have visions of you in an SIS hula skirt now!  You'll have to get some coconut shells to carry your drinks in next!

smilies/wink_smiley.gif

<waves to oscarrr> 

Right - off to try and find this week's mystery club gathering spot - it's good fun - they meet somewhere different every week so I'm discovering lots of new places!

Hopefully be around tomorrow!   Bonsoir!

• Well a week on Sunday and I will be lining up at Sunderland and trying to get that PMA!! I'm worrie though because, amongst other things, my legs have felt SOOO heavy during the short runs I've been doing things week! I'm hoping that's normal for the taper!!

Oscar I'm going for the SIS gels too. I've used them I training and had no problems. I love the caffeine ones too - they make me a little hyper!! Bet I won't be feeling hyper at mile 21!!

In training I've taken them every hour but I think I'm going to shorten that to every 50 mins. Then I guess Oscar's strategy of every 20 mins for the last 6 miles is a good idea. I'm gearing up for that being the worst 6 miles of my life!! The dreaded unkown!!

Good luck to all those doing marathons this weekend, I'll do a sun dance for you!!
    Rachel
  • BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭

Hello folks.

After some discussion, started a new, single thread regarding Paris and all that.  Made an excecutive decsision.  Called Paris: so long and thanks for the cobbles... image

• Rachel Hodge wrote (see)
    Well a week on Sunday and I will be lining up at Sunderland and trying to get that PMA!! I'm worrie though because, amongst other things, my legs have felt SOOO heavy during the short runs I've been doing things week! I'm hoping that's normal for the taper!! Oscar I'm going for the SIS gels too. I've used them I training and had no problems. I love the caffeine ones too - they make me a little hyper!! Bet I won't be feeling hyper at mile 21!! In training I've taken them every hour but I think I'm going to shorten that to every 50 mins. Then I guess Oscar's strategy of every 20 mins for the last 6 miles is a good idea. I'm gearing up for that being the worst 6 miles of my life!! The dreaded unkown!! Good luck to all those doing marathons this weekend, I'll do a sun dance for you!! Rachel

Rachel - my legs felt really heavy right up until Paris - I don't know if it is drop in milage or because you get so paranoid about having no energy before the marathon. Either way I think it is normal and I know you will be great in Sunderland.

My suggestion is to try not to eorry about it - easier said than done - but worry about today today rather than worrying about the future. You will exhaust yourself otherwise (believe me I know this) then on race day you can worry - but as Sam says you should try to reframe the nerves as excitement!

Sening you luck and PMA!image

• If anyone is struggling to find our new home - try here:

new thread

See you there ...image

• Thanks SB - Bye bye thread!image