Options

Just a little bit further 2012

Comments

• Options

Hi Angel- welcome back . Sounds like you've had a really rough time over the past month but it's great that you will be able to run again soon.

I think I'm going to get a kindle for my birthday next week. image Am hoping it will save space in my house!

BYeck - that sounds like some great mileage. Am looking forward to meeting up in the summer when we come over your way. I'd be up for a meeting up in London with kids in tow. We go in twice a year or so and visit the free museums and have a picnic in one of the parks. We were sitting just outside Buckingham Palace once eating our sarnies when we quickly had to roll out the way.... an air ambulance needed to land exactly where we were sitting! Was all very exciting.

I avoid shopping as much as possible... But I like Cambridge cos it's not to big. My day yesterday was mainly to read and pray and walk and get some 'headspace'. There is a lovely group that in meets in Michaelhouse each Thursday lunch time for Bible reading and the Lord's supper and join in with them each time I go.

Well, my hubby is off interviewing prospective ministers today, so my house should be quiet so I can work. But I've already had 2 phone calls and there are some builders outside making an awful lot of noise. It's frosty here too, but fairly bright. Am hoping to run this afternoon before picking up the girls.

Happy Friday everyone! image

• Options

Afternoon All and welcome back Angel.....Glad your now on the mend and can get back out running..take it easy at first though.

Chilli...sounds like you had a lovely day to yourself yesterday...so glad you enjoyed it.imageEnjoy your run this afternoon.

By Eck...Do you think you will maybe join the running club???? Good luck with your 10 mile run.

Loula....you will be brill at your mara...its all real now that you have your number...you will be in in under 4.30 ...We will all be cheering you on girl and if you want i will run the last bit with you....virtually speaking of course......go loula go loula go loula.....Book on its way to you today...let me know when you get it......

I've been out and did 7.13 miles this morning ...Was cold and frosty but oh what a lovely morning for a run with the sun shining nice and brightlyimage 

My weekly mileage for this week so far is 39.32......image so if i go out tomorrow for a run I will get over the 40 miles which i have not done for a while.....

Hi AF,Jude,Mathschick,Phantom,Ecky and all

• Options
    loulabell wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)
    image Popped in because keep seeing cake and it's making me hungry. image Nottingham marathon and half is normaly the second weekend in sept it's a very good race. Pricey but that becasue it's got a nice medel and a big city race. Well worth doing and unless it clash's with something special see you at the start line, it's great. image
    cake !! *waves* whatcha doing over here on da south side?image how is it up Norf?

image Throught I'd see how the other side lives. image

By'eck I have no real preference for cake's I just inhale them all.

Excellent mileage girls and germs.image

• Options
    Errr - been mad people so quick update from me and what's going on...

Work - there's the small matter of closing down the third financial quarter and since being back done nothing but prepare my boss for results announcement and his meeting next week with the board, also had an interview for promotion yesterday (but think I was making up the numbers so to speak) so long hrs = little sleep/rest = <mojo + 0 running Or 0 gym image

Running / Gym see above

Home - sick child much better image, suspect passed on to rest of the house image

Shopping image - Best Buy going out of business bought a Garmin eTrex Summit HC for £50!!! Have no idea how use it yet, need sick laptop to come back from repair and then can start playing with it... But very good price (also bought a new blender and a printer at equally silly prices and camera for the little one's b'day in April)

And

My shoe problem continues, bought a pair if Asics Toranna trial shoes (less agressive than my Salomon's) for £32!!! shoe collection now nearing triple digits. Have told LM still cheaper to buy more shoes than pay physiologist to talk about my problem

Is anyone going to the Outdoor Show in London's Excel centre this weekend? I'm thinking about it, I think a lot of the trail mags are going to be there and I'm hoping for a show subscription special if I do go...

LM birthday at the end of the month, so need to think about sorting that out too!

I WILL RUN at some point this weekend, hey CHILI! image I hear the parkrun are awarding one person a pair of shoes courtesy of sweatshop each month, what's the criteria - seems a good way to run and feed shoe habit at zero cost image

MSD - zero, all present and accounted for

Lou - SCT "Sock Cycle Time"

More later, maybe, depends on result of non-job interview (I'm sure either result will spark an immediate need for more shopping!)
  • Options
    Gastank, that was a whirlwind of an update.
    I have persuaded my friend to join us for parkrun so there will be 3 noobies tomorrow.
    Run - managed 7 miles before remembering I had a meeting.had to decide whether to continue my run and turn up in running gear and honking a bit or stop early and be more presentable. Will probably put in some more later and then parkrun tomorrow image
    Chili, I thought ministers only worked on Sundays
  • Options

Afternoon all,

Lovely crisp morning...shame spoint by a barney with Mrs AFimage  over the fact that her eldest won't do anything but lie on his bed.....urhgh.

byeck-please you got out for a run - now you can have ariotous weeknd.image

Angel-Good to have you back & I hope you get out for a run this weekend.

Franny-39.32 miles is an exceptional week of running- I have never passed 42 and am on 26 this week with hopefully 11 + on Sunday. You must feel really chuffed with the miles you are logging.

gastank-Sounds like that moho is still not there. Hope you get the promotion. What are the Asics trail shoes like. I need a pair of trail shoes & Asics seem to suit me. Just confused with what ones to get as I overpronnate & have wide feet. I got some New Balance ones but hated them. Will probably go down to the Sweatshop in Brighton and have a word with them next week.

Mathschick- I am so tempted by the Sussex 1/2 as that Medal looked fantatstic- trouble is I am meant to be Marsahlling our club race that day.Hopefully the one limper is going to do- not sure that we have heard from limper recently

Did a 6.2 mile club run this morning.

Hi Chilli.,Jude,LLB,Phantom etc.... 

• Options

*stops head  spinning from all updates at top speed*image....

aw franny!!!! i really wish you could run the whole flippin thing with me!!! but i will def have you with me on those last 6 please....am feeling ok about it now...am trying to tie myself down and not run too much this week or next....

by'eck hope lickle moo is ok and starts drinking properly again-go for those 8miles , itll do you good to get outimage

hello, ecky, dj, boss, angel, chili phantom,,gastank, matt, smut, mathschick, limperimage

• Options
    AF - I too have same issues as you, so I think they're good value for the price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0050ABDZ6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=asc_df_B0050ABDZ66101664&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22134&creativeASIN=B0050ABDZ6

Doubt anyone can find better value, but my Speedcross 2's are awesome got them from Wiggle for Xmas, but really they're better suited to mud/grass/etc don't fancy running any road miles in them, which is why when offered the Asics at £32 I didn't resist

http://www.runpals.com/image-files/salomon-speedcross-2-gtx-8.jpg
  • Options
    If someone would like to add the pretty pictures of my new shoes please feel free do so, I can't from phone image

Also discovered an app for use within my runkeeper app which tracks my shoe mileage per pair of shoes, so I know exactly how many miles each pair has done - lovely!!!
  • Options

what colour gastank? i didnt realise you had salomon..im thinking of getting the ladies trail whisper 2....

are these yours gastank?

• Options

/members/images/531201/Gallery/imagesCAIMYL3Q.jpg

..............gastank?image

/members/images/531201/Gallery/81006_enlarged_1.jpg

loula.......................image

• Options
    Exactly that bright yellow/green colour...
  • Options

the ones i like are on offer reduced from £90 to £42...i really need to go to a shop and try salomon ...not sure how vastly different they wil be from Nike lunars...just thought some trail would be good for north downs

• Options
    Yes those but in the BRIGHT GREEN image

Black is WAY too conservative and won't match my silva trail runner plus headlamp...
  • Options
    my nikes are black but with shocking illuminous green soles...love em!!image
  • Options
    just thpught the salomon might look nice with my 2xu outfit LOLimageimageimage
    /members/images/531201/Gallery/63044_0.jpg

/members/images/531201/Gallery/63045_0.jpg

/members/images/531201/Gallery/81006_enlarged_2.jpg

...................SCROLL DOWNWARDS VERY FAST TO GET FULL EFFECTimage yes ? or no?
  • Options

You will look gorgeous Loula... as always image

by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
    parkrun tomorrow image Chili, I thought ministers only worked on Sundays

Errrr image you are joking aren't you Byeck????

Gastank - I would love to go to the Outdoor show but am not sure I could cope with the number of people. Also would be greatly tempted to spend money we don't have on things we don't need.... But would love to hear about it if you go.

Lovely  trainers image

AF - to be honest, that would annoy me to. Am wondering how I will cope when my four girls turn into teenagers. But I'm very happy cos my younger two have said they want to do the 1500m race again later on in the year.

Can't remember whatever else wrote. Didn't manage to finish my work earlier so didn't get a run in before school pick up.... guess it is going to be another late evening run...

• Options
    Yep

Err - shoe problem - just realised I forget to mention I have a pair of Lunar's upstairs, along with a "few" others in my trainer category... I need to index and catalogue but they're spread throughout the house as I don't have enough space in my "area"
  • Options

aw, chili, are you at PR tomorrow? i so wish we had one nearby, itd be great and get to meet other runners. i nor=tice NDW is filling up now, good job we entered whn we did i reckon itll be full by end of March.

for anyone wanting to run JW ULTRA its 22nd sept(my burfdayimage)...entries open 4th february..weird thing is out of the 80 places avaliable 56 have already gone yet entry isnt open to general public until 4/2/12...hmmm...why is this? have they given first dibs to people who have run  it before? or to club members in that area first? doesnt seem very fair...is anyone going to do it? id like to

• Options
    gastank wrote (see)
    Yep

Err - shoe problem - just realised I forget to mention I have a pair of Lunar's upstairs, along with a "few" others in my trainer category... I need to index and catalogue but they're spread throughout the house as I don't have enough space in my "area"
    how do the lunars compare to the salomon gastank? im a bit wary of using 2 diff makes as the nikes have really got rid of my ITBS problem so far, they really seem to suit me. i have kids nikes but i dnt knw if salomon will be as good for meimage
  • Options
    Probably hard to compare really, they really are very different beasts, i think probably what would impact for you is heel drop... I seem to recall that the Lunar's have a fairly neutral ride for a stability shoe, and certainly there isn't that much heel in the Salomon's that I have BUT I do think you're going to need to try on

Perhaps look at Nike trial running specific shoes as another option?
  • Options

wow busy fredimage

Good afternoon everybody its the WEEKENDimageimageimageimage

I have wide feet and also overpronate a bit and have a great pair of trail shoes which have been used lots.They are Asics Gel Trabuco and bought in the sale at Lillywhites for £60.Very comfortable and very grippy.

Fantastic runnying Jude well done you.

must drink teaimage

• Options

hi everyone

gosh, loads to catch up on! And I bet loads more posts while I type this...

byeck - well done on a good week's running

franny - great mileage

errm - can't remember what everyone else said!

the outfit and shoes look good loula - but only if the shoes are right for you

I did another 2.4 miles this morning and all ok so far. Tomorrow spinning and gym so no running

cake day at work, and oh dear, they guy  who is in charge of organising the cake rota messed up and didn't tell anyone to do it! The cake committee are going to meet and decide whether to take the responsibility away from him. He did go and buy a couple of cakes, but it just isn't the same....Funny how yesterday we got exam results in, year 11s are doing exams, and what is most important to us? cake..

• Options
    no cake mathschickimage fire himimage and well done on the run
  • Options
    The   Phantom wrote (see)
    no cake mathschickimage fire himimage and well done on the run

LOL...oh deary meimage haha,,,,crikey that sounds very serious mathschick, 'taking away the responsilibilty' lol.....and quite right too.

yes gastankand mathschick i will try the solomon on, but likely will stick to a trail version from nike as they suit. will def get the 2xu outfit though

i need a cuppa too....still got croaky froatimage

• Options

Love those shoes gastank- I too love the brvcvight shoes I had a pair of Asics 2160 that were Orange and black with orange laces.I got a really nice bright orange running top for Christmas. 

Phantom think I need to check out the Gel Trabuco shoes....hopefully they are ncie and colourfull!!!  

• Options
    Loula, warm scarf tonight and buff if you are running tomorrow. Keep warm!
    Daughter and I are doing maths and English homework. better to get it out of the way. she is really looking forward to her run tomorrow but I haven't managed to register her image
    who has the most running shoes?