Options

Support Group 1

Comments

• Options

Thanks all image

Gave you a wave but didn't stop for the gels.

• Options
    Not to worry WA to be honest we knew you'd be speedy so were half expecting you not to! We found a good home for them image
  • Options
    I like the pictures especially as there are none of me image. Claire, I didn't realise TP had one of us so looks like I didn't escape completely.

I am definitely going to be back on the 'correct' side of the fence next year... well, probably although the temptation to enter the ballot is getting stronger!
  • Options
    Haha Becks u know u want to enter ballot image good idea to let the stress fractures heal first tho. I hope u r planning some rest now, u were talking about a 10k on Sunday?
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

I'm so with Becks! Think my words to SBH and Gilly were along the lines of "you're doing a sterling job here" (not at all sure where that came from as generally I do speak like a normal person) and "I'll be doing your job next year"!

And then yesterday happened. The day I always take off work to wallow in my pain.And.... no pain. Great news? Yes but....... does that mean I had more in me on Sunday? That 4h38 could have been 4h28 if I'd pulled my finger out?

I'd be alright if the ballot had already closed but now????image

• Options
    I am meant to be doing a 10k in 6 weeks time. I have to do it as my brother and I run it every year and in 6 weeks I won't have my boot on any more so it will all be fine... hmmm.... maybe not. image I'm not very good at resting - it's already getting on my nerves not doing anything.

Gladrags I love your "sterling job" line. I have to try and use that at work today image.
    I think you should enter the ballot just so I don't feel such an idiot if I do!
    Are you part of / do you know of a running club in the Blackheath area?
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

Becks - am not in a club any more -used to belong to Dulwich PArk Runners - they were very friendly and it only took about 20 mins to drive over there. There are no clubs in Blackheath itself though - even Blackheath Harriers isn't in Blackheath!! There are clubs in Plumstead and Woolwich I think?

Think have talked my sister into entering the ballot......

• Options
    Doing a 5K in just under a month, looking forward. That Freckleton Half looks very tempting though, very tempting...

Aside from Rob 22 and Claire H, anybody else doing Freckleton? I am not sure I can do it right now with their 2hr 40 mins cut off time...
  • Options
    Run Zaftig Run Can always check for you how strict the cut off time is for you if you like? Pretty sure my running club has alot to do with the organisation of the race....
  • Options
    Oh think I'll probably end up entering the ballot for next year ha ha. Well more chance of not getting in than getting in image If don't get in I will be at mile 17 for definate image
  • Options

I'm doing the Silverstone 10k in two weeks (gulp), think it'll be a slow amble rather than a hard run!

Looking forward to getting my name down for next years ballot, especially after all the school boy errors in sundays race!

• Options
    Claire, that would be great if you could check the cut-off time thank you! I think I need to lose about half of me to get fast enough for 2013 but I don't think I can get back down to 2:40 in time for Frickleton. I can try...

SBH, great photos!
  • Options
    I'm at the club on Monday so I will ask, and let you know.
  • Options
    SBH - Awesome photos!!! image
  • Options

Great pics SBH image

Just found this on YouTube - Rob, you might see someone you recognise image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8zwLM0UjNQ

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    So many costumes that I didn't see!  How did they get past me?
  • Options
    Lol well I'm going for the ballot if I get lucky maybe I can get jelly babies from some of u lot image

Lol Gladrags u did say u would be in other side of fence next year. Funny how easy u forget the pain!
  • Options
    Lol I know supercaz think I saw half of them, they didn't get the woman with the hoola hoop tho, how was she managing to run whilst keeping that up!!
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Out of all the people on that video, I think I only say Rob and the gingerbread man.

Several of my friends from running club were in costume and I didn't see them either.  They should have been obvious as they were running in a big group of about 6 people.

• Options
    The heart-shaped balloon at the front of one of the shots - I spoke to the lady it was attached to in Birdcage Walk. She was saying "never again".....
  • Options
    Evening all.. hope the aches and pains have subsided? Today was the first day I could walk down the stairs without winching image

Just a quick question, how are people's big toe nails? My left one is not so good... think I may end up losing it image
  • Options

Hi Stevie,

My right one is just sore but think it will be ok. The other one has had a blister underneath so I might lose that one.

• Options
    My toe nails are good, sorry Stevie. I still have one blister left the size of a strawberry but so far it is not hurting. The others are nearly healed thankfully.

Would like to take a poll. On Saturday night I have the opportunity to do a charity walk through London streets, it's 25K. I feel fine and think "go, go, go" but I am wondering if this is unwise so soon after the marathon? I was planning on starting to run again (just 5K) next Tuesday. Thoughts welcome.
  • Options
    Hi Zaftig - I think the VLM has been perfect training for the walk as long as you feel fit enough and take it easy. Just look after your blister, make sure you protect  it well so that it doesn't get infected or anything.  
  • Options
    Thanks Screamy. I feel great, fit & strong but I'm worried it's post-run psychosis vs. reality lol. image
  • Options
    @Zaftig.. I have the blister the size of a strawberry too... Think my toe nail will fall off as it is getting blacker by the day image My mrs accidentally trod on it earlier today so it is only a matter of time

I'll echo Screampillar's words on your walk. Talk it easy and enjoy it image
  • Options

Hi all

Sorry to hear folk have blisters etc dont know how I managed to escape without any. Mind you think you were all alot faster than me image 

Zaftig I have emailed the race director, I didnt realise I knew him. Hopefully will have an answer for you about Freckleton Half and the 2hr 40 cut off.

Think I need locking up! Im sooo looking forward to Monday so I can get my name in the ballot for next year. Will someone please remind me how painfull I found the marathon.

• Options

Hello peeps!

Just checking in image I have a hangover - and it's all Becks' fault..................

• Options
    Excellent thanks screampillar imageimageimageimage land of hope and glory....la la la la la la la la la la la la la
  • Options
    Ok, so I am doing this 25K walk, blisters 'n' all. I just hope they don't pop. I want to run on Tuesday!