Options

Support Group 4

Comments

• Options
    I'm home!

1:51:02 with a negative split. First 6 miles in 57:30 so 53:32 for the second 6 (last 3 done at a much quicker pace around 8mins/mile)

Quite happy with that given the heat although it did cool down towards the end.

Feel better now, felt very guilty not doing my long run yesterday, especially after reading about everybody's successes this weekend!
  • Options

james

never mind the long run yesterday

forget that its history

you did  good

• Options
    Tried something new tonight too, Vaseline! Not going to go into the gory details but yeah, it's a godsend! Will be stocking up for London.

Also may have to ditch my leggings, they were hot tonight so god knows what they'll be like on the day (knowing my luck it'll be 30 degrees 3 weeks on Sunday!)
  • Options

vaseline

good, tis good stuff yes

i swear by it, have used it for years

i get it cheap in Wilkinsons or places

ohh the gory details, what , under arms, on feet betwwen toes

around goolies, on bottom

terrific image LMAO

• Options

i used to run sore and bleeding, in terrible pain ( solo days i mean ) 20 plus years ago

nipples, feet, goolies, bottom, like rubbing glass about ones arse

• Options
    Lol, too much detail!!
  • Options
    Don't knock it till you've tried it!!! haha
  • Options

Silly Question: When dropping off gels at Expo, do you need to put in a bag or just stick together with elastic band with your name and number on.

• Options
    I've heard different things from different people, think people are attaching name and number and possibly a photo to said items!
  • Options

Room for a little one........

Flat Footed

Matt

Around 2.45 but may take this back as running Brighton the week before

Don't need anything except a friendly face or two.

Will be running in my Pirate top as seen modelled in my Avatar or there -------------->

• Options

image ah, my number neighbour image

FF, were you at IMW?

• Options

'Fraid not...did Outlaw and going back for more this year.

Tis' my IM of choice next year though, so will be looking for course info.

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Some great training going on well done James for stepping out the doorimage.

Agree with Mick don't know where I would be with out my Tesco waterproof plasters for my nipples and the vasiline for the other bits....image

11 miles done on Saturday, swim Monday, 7 miles tempo this morning and 7 miles easy tonight. 13 at Dark O'Clock tomorrow so off to bed soon......

• Options

no pain

well done - very inspiring

• Options
    Flat Foo.ted wrote (see)

'Fraid not...did Outlaw and going back for more this year.

Tis' my IM of choice next year though, so will be looking for course info.

Hmm, wonder who I'm mixing you up with!

Yes, great training going on.  Was cycle day for me today, and swim day yesterday.  I may take a couple of days rest as I've got a hectic weekend. 

• Options

Wayhey and welcome FFimage

Andy Jones 18 wrote (see)

Silly Question: When dropping off gels at Expo, do you need to put in a bag or just stick together with elastic band with your name and number on.

james clayton 7 wrote (see)
    I've heard different things from different people, think people are attaching name and number and possibly a photo to said items!

Okay, stroppy cow warning, but this is important.  Mudchute is run by us lot, not by RW towers, they have nothing to do with it.   There is no pot of money that produces random gels/jelly babies/jaffa cakes.  If you don't leave it or we don't buy it, it's not there.  RW Towers contribute two things: 1) the banner (which was lost last time I checked into the main thread) and 2) a collection point at the Expo.  Aything left at the expo by runners is chucked into a pile,  which is picked up in stages and transported to Mudchute by...... yep, you guessed it, us lot.  If you don't put your stuff in an envelope, clearly marked with your forum name and "support group 4" written on it., there won't be a hope in hell of us identifying whose it is at ungodly o'clock on VLM day when we're sorting through mounds of stuff that several different people have collected.

Sorry. bossy strop moment over, but it does piss me off that we do all the work whilst a magazine that we have less and less affiliation to gets the credit.

• Options

I blame James!

No worries Hash, fair point, well made image It's easy to assume it's RW running the show when you're on here.  All your and other supporters efforts are v much appreciated image

• Options

Hash - spreadsheet ma-jiggy is brilliant. I've just added my race number and it seemed to let me add it without problems - so it looks like all the permissions are correct. Lots of kudos coming your way from me!

Just had an awful work day - missed a flight after setting my alarm to pm rather than am but got there in the end after a bit of rebooking. Managed a 6 mile run with 5 x 600m at 5k pace and recoveries in between each interval this evening after getting back again.  Had planned to make it up to 8 miles but was just too tired so decided to call it a day at 6 and go home to get dinner on!

• Options

Morning

Nice to see you got your priorities right Nikki, missing your flight but still getting your run in!  It sounds even more exhausting than being train fodder on the 7.18, how much travelling do you have to do for your job?

I have no idea who that stroppy cow who hacked my account last night was.image

*cough*image

In all seriousness though, if you have a look at the last page of the main runners/supporters' thread (link here it will give you an idea.  If anyone's going to the Expo on Thursday or Friday and can get to central London near Moorgate/Liverpool Street by 6pm, you'd be doing us a massive favour if you could visit the RW stand, do a collection run and get the stuff to me at work.

• Options

Ahh, I haven't been following that thread, I'll pop in and put my name down to bring some stuff to the Expo.

Do we need to PM you our email address to get the spreadsheet?

• Options
    Yes please Pingu as anyone with the link can edit it, so I need to send it privately
  • Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Great work by all the supporters well done guys do far, I'll be dropping off extra stuff late on the Friday.
    14 miles easy this morning.
  • Options

Hi guys, So sorry I vanished for a few days - I was down in Wales for a long weekend (running the San Domenico 20 miler) and although I took my laptop with me so I could keep up to date with RW and this thread in particular - I had issues with it image but all fixed now!

I will send out group email towards the end of this week - if you haven't direct messaged me your email address and want to be included in the group mail, please do so this week!

Sounds as though some of you have experienced the same problems I did with the warm weather. The 20 miler on Sunday was the hardest thing I've ever done, and although there were plentiful water stops (and I guzzled 1 or 2 cups of water at each one) I obviously didn't take on enough fluid during or after the race as I had a banging headache & threw up within an hour of finishing. Very depressing Sunday night as instead of the huge victory feast I had planned, I was in a darkened room, wincing at loud noises and sipping water and nibbling toast.

Still, lesson learned! I'm going for a 16 miler this weekend and will take my Camelbak with me so that I don't have to rely on the water stations.

Everyone keep positive, and wish you all best of luck with training this week - particularly the long runs. Stay hydrated! image

• Options
    Well done on the San Dominico Xine, I nearly did it myself by decided on a 20 miler along the canal.  Couldn't face the thought of a 20 mile race, lol. 
  • Options
    Pingu - you'll have to pop by station 5 on your way through! image
  • Options
    image You supporting on station 5 then?  Excellent, will look out for you image
  • Options
    Thx Hash image Exciting life changes, and good to hear you are enjoying running and not stressing about it image
    Daughters name is Pamela, she'll be wearing a yellow Marie Curie vest and hoping to be somewhere round the 11min pacemaker or there abouts. She's a bit concerned that she's got a blue number and been told that the 'proper' runners start at blue???!!!! Anybody else starting at blue running about 11min mile pace????

Some pretty impressive running going on in this group. Well done everyone not long to go now :-/