Options

Humdrum heaven

Comments

• Options

Happy anniversary mingo, when J and I had our last few days away we cooked fillet steak for the first time, ooh it was good.

Mima, bananas have to be just right for me to eat but as you say fab in a smoothie.

I opted for homemade chicken soup from the freezer for lunch in the end. 

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

And another happy anniversary from me to Mingo ... may we ask which one? And can you give the name of it without googling it? (meaning paper, diamond, porcelain or whatever)

Rest assured there will definitely be a fried egg on top of the bubble and squeak. It's not proper b & s without.

• Options

Love chicken soup...I've yet to make a good one.

And I needs bananas and berries for more smoothies. I have a sports massage booked for tonight at 8.15 image not really looking forward to it but it needs doing.

• Options

Mima I make stock from the leftover roast then simmer that with stripped off chicken, leftover veg and usually sweetcorn and onion, parsley, black pepper. Blitz it up and freeze it in batches.

I'd like a poached egg with mine please Muttley. 

• Options
    It's our 9th and Muttley, I have no idea...pottery?

Bananas have about a 12 second window when they're nice. Otherwise they're either unripe or too ripe. Ick.

Thanks for the warning Autumn, that sounds pretty grim!

Cheese and ham toastie for lunch I think...I quite like halloumi Mima, great marinated and then BBQ'd, but you're right, definitely squeaky teeth cheese! image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    One more for bubble and squeak with an egg on top please image
  • Options

Or leather on the modern list, mingo.

I hope Muttley has enough lefovers, Cinders.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hope so image

Our anniversary was 2 weeks ago, 10th and it was tin.  I got a tin of soup given to me image

• Options

Cinders image

24 years in September for us. 

• Options
    I'm getting my latest trip to the sports doc paid for...things are a bit tight at the moment! I'll be making a cake for the other half.
  • Options

Blimey - I barely made it to 4 years with my OH (made it to 3, split up, got back together again 6 months later)  - although we're not "married" and not likely to be...and even if we were I doubt she'd ever go in for anniversary marking....we struggle with Christmas and birthdays as it is.

My parents have been married 30 years in November and together nearly 35 years...sweet.

Beebs - that sounds delicious soup! I may have to make a roast chicken JUST so I can have soup! And I can buy those funky soup bags for the freezer from Lakeland...ooooh!

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Mingo, it was a Ping Pong - are they not particularly good?  I've never had dim sum before, so can't compare.

I'm getting fed up of getting wet twice a day going over London bridge!

The dim sum portions seemed small, but the liquid content of the allegedly 'long' cocktail were even smaller.  I've never seen so much ice in a glass image

Tonight I shall mostly be replacing the tube in the back wheel of my old bike, before giving it away image

• Options
    Ping pong is ok, but it's a bit generic if you know what I mean...boo to short long cocktails. If you fancy having a go again imo there are better places.
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

It was a work thing, I don't really go out in London much (or anywhere else for that matter!).  I went because it was someone's leaving dinner.

I really do prefer to go home!  I make better cocktails, too image

• Options

mima image

We celebrate our starting going out anniversary, 28 years  on Monday 7th May and our wedding anniversary. We usually try to go away in May and are going on a week on Sunday for a couple of nights. image

In none humdrum news J has just phoned and said lets eave everyone at home and go out and eat tonight. 

Hope that isn't too exciting image

pah to small overpriced cocktails,Wikie 

• Options

Ahhhhh Beebs...that is so cute! I think J has the right idea - go out and have a fab date!

Cocktails...oh I LOVE cocktails...but not tiny ones! That is just a tease.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Hee. The 10th anniversary of my decree absolute is up soon. I keep planning to have it framed and hung in the loo - only decision is which end of the room to hang it and should I admire it when standing up or sitting down to do my business?
  • Options
    Happy anniversary mingo. I also enjoy the freedom a decree absolute brings Muttley, but then got myself a husband v2 so hoping not to be starting a collection. Poached egg for me too, not keen on the fried ones. Popped into Waitrose earlier, Thursday afternoon is THE time for bargains, some half price crab starters tonight after spinning, and maybe a second run today to earn extra wine points.
  • Options

Damn. Pouring again and very dark. Missed the train so I'll get the next one.

I'm starving, literally cannot stop being hungry! Reheated pasta bake before the massage of doom tonight...what an exciting life I lead!

• Options

Muttley I do like your humour image

Kate F do you call him the current MrF like Wogan does  image

I did Asda and the school pick up as the younger ones had stayed on for GCSE classes.

I'm delighted that he suggested it Mima. Curry or Chinese is the decision. 

• Options
    I do remind him sometimes the reason he doesn't get upgraded to v3 is that it's a real pain to change my surname again. I'd say curry, but a Thai one. I'll go for your massage mima, my ITB loves a pummelling.
  • Options

Don't have Thai in my bit of Somerset, Katie image

I need my neck and shoulder unknotting if there is a massage on offer.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all! Just woken up, hasn't it been a busy day on here!
  • Options

just inhaled a couple of slices of halloumi while tea is reheating. I NEED to get a microwave!!

Beebs - its the neck and shoulder with me too...hoping he can give me some biomech advice too...fingers and vertebrae crossed.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Evening/Morning Mr F image

Have a fab meal out beebs

Lol at current MrF.  Mr C is v2 also, managed 6 years married to v1!

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I managed 12 years with the first Mrs Muttley (there is no Mrs Muttley Mk 2 in the offing). I did refer to her occasionally as the current Mrs but she was from foreign parts and didn't get the joke. She also hated the phrase "the" wife.

Nor did she appreciate my Les Dawson stylee mother-in-law gags (eg, "I always know when it's your mother at the door, cos the mice throw themselves on the traps").

I had planned bubble and squeak but in the event it was closer to Colcannon. I did it with some goose fat lurking at the back of the fridge. Two eggs. All gone, none left <burp>.

• Options

Gosh what exciting fridges we have with halloumi, hoummus and starter yeast stuff. v1 also lasted 6 years for me Cinders, clearly that's when they need an upgrade. You clearly had a long lasting model Muttley.

Beebs, oh I understand, I'm originally a Wiltshire girl and I think a Thai takeaway is still about a decade away.

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

I loooooove squeaky cheese! I thought I was the only one that called it squeaky (I miss the 'teeth' off though). It's my favourite thing to have at a bbq.

Today I have mostly been sniffling. And coughing. And sneezing image I feel humdrum all over.

• Options

Morning

*sprays Nykie with anti bac* Hope you feel better soon. 

Cinders as much as anything it was to get away from the kids and have some grown up time.

Katie I'm very close to the Wiltshire border and have been for Thai a few times in Bath although not recently. 

Muttley image

• Options
    Morning - a run this morning with no rain, did see two snails though so the slug is going to have to find a new partner. Muttley, do you think the problem with v1 was that you had the operating instructions in the wrong language? Beebs, you must be in my part of the world, on the holy trinity on the Wiltshire/Dorset/Somerset border, I can say tractor in 3 different accents.