Options

Brighton Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Nothing to do with old age when you've been ill Toby! Wishing you a speedy recovery image 3 miles is good!

• Options

3 miles today on treadmill - managed to pick up a bit of speed towards the end.  Had deep filling earlier today though so tooth was throbbing a bit when I was running so wasnt quite as fast as I would have liked.

• Options

Poohbear well done on the run hope your tooth feels better tomorrow

• Options

Afternoon all

3 miles done a lot earlier than i intended got home from work about normal time 3.30am wound down for an hour went to bed head hit the pillow my brain what there is of it went into over drive could not get off led there till 5am and gave up and went out for my run just 3 again today

Oh well at least i can sit here now this afternoon and watch the Olympics

Nessie kids can’t live with them can’t live without them what do you do with them

• Options

Poohbear - There is nothing worse than toothache. I´m sure there is!? but toothache is horrible, so well done for getting your 3 miles in.

AGF - Yeah, I tend to run late in the evening or on my treadmill in the airconditioning. Fortunately my mileage is nowhere near as high as yours at the moment so I can do it on the treadmill without going completely bonkers. I have the Benidorm half marathon at the end of November as my next goal, then Santa Pola half, then Torrevieja half and then the main event...... the Brighton marathon!

• Options

Colin when is the Torrevieja half? have you run it before? Would be a good excuse to visit the father-in-law and get a cheap holidayimage

• Options

Gloryboy - The Torrevieja half is usually towards the end of February. It´s not a huge event so they only tend to announce the exact date about 2 months before the race. It´s a 2 lap flat course mainly along the Torrevieja seafront, with maybe 1 to 2000 runners participating. The bigger event is Santa Pola half held in January. This attracts about 5 to 6000 runners. Santa Pola is just north of Torrevieja. Both are great events and fun to run in. Normally the temperature is a pleasant 20 degrees or so at this time of year. Type in google "Torrevieja medio maraton" and this may give you more info closer to the time. Of course, yell if you need help , let me know if you do arrange something and it would be great to meet up.

• Options
    Hi all,

Brighton 2013 will be my 4th marathon (London 2010, Barcelona 2011, Paris 2012). I now live in London and I'm thinking about where to stay. I went to Brighton uni and recall parking always being a nightmare. Any tips on cheap accomodation. Ideally I would have just got the first train but I've just read you need to collect your race pack the day before.
  • Options

Hello all! *waves*

Felt very energetic whilst I was at work this morning, so when I finished at 12 I went out for another 3 mile plod in the sunshine, then went on a 16 mile bike ride with my friend, when the heavens promptly opened at mile 9 and we got very very soggy! Still, I feel like I'm back on track with training so all is well image

• Options
    Hi all! That's great Sarah well done! Good to hear you are recovering well and back on track image
  • Options

Glad everyone is out there having some good runs on road and treadmill. I am off to cornwall tomorrow and have packed my running stuff so hoping to get a few coastal runs done whilst there. Sunday will be my 12 week countdown to my half marathon so need to focus on training properly.

• Options

Well my try a gentle 8 miler today as i am not feeling to bad now and the cold seems to have all but gone

• Options

Thankyou Tillstar! So glad to be back on my feet image off to Harrogate for a weekend away but I'm packing my running shoes to help burn off those trips to Betty's tearooms image

Good luck Toby!

• Options

to my shame image the 8 mile not going to happen today now as i over slept so will do it tomorrow as i have the house to myself Poohbears of to London to meet up with the snowmaiden and my son will be working

• Options
    Morning all! Slow 8.5 for me today. Keep trying to do too much then burning out for a few days so decided for this month to just concentrate on building miles and stamina and not worry too much about the speed. Happy running everyone image
  • Options

Had the most amazing day at Olympics yesterday so no run yesterday, hope to try and get out this afternoon for a quick run but it will have to fit into my olympic viewing schedule.

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Nine miles recovery run this morning and back home before the family were awake image.  I ran easy according to my heart rate.  It was overcast, but great running weather.  Averaged 9:05 pace.

Still can't shake off this damn cough which I've had for two weeks now.  It has little impact on my running, fortunately.

I've got my parkrun barcode and may give it a go next week if I can re-jig my schedule a bit.

Loving the Olympics.  The multi-channel coverage is superb.  Go Jess!!!

• Options

Afternoon all    

Well managed to finally kick myself out the door this afternoon 8 miles done and have to say it was a struggle whole run took 1:18:06 with an Avg pace of 9:33 m/m and looking back it’s a whole 2 minutes slower than i ran it a couple of weeks ago and 4 minutes slower than 4 weeks ago

Though looking closer it funny i have 2 good times then a slow run 2 good times and a slow one so in theory the next time i run that route  it  should be a good one will have to wait and see if the Patten continues

• Options

Some good runs from everybody! The Olympics definitely seem to be inspiring us all- especially such epic performances from Mo Farah and Jess Ennis image

Went away to Harrogate for a nice weekend with my sister this weekend, but was good and took my running shoes with me, and managed a 2 mile plod up plenty of hills yesterday and once I got home today, did a nice steady 4 miles, which felt good and didn't leave me absolutely dead, so am a happy bunny! Was also very necessary after a few visits to Bettys tearooms and an epic first burger in a few months image

Now to settle in and watch Murray's Olympic matches image

• Options

Hi all image

Been back a couple of days from a nice little holiday in devon, including a friend's wedding, some walking, a couple of NT places and even a couple of trips to the theatre! Virtually no running whilst away, but plenty of eating, so completed a very sluggish parkrun on Saturday, then 11 flat miles yesterday and 6.5, mostly on trails this morning. Beginning to feel a bit more like myself now!!

I see there's been some good running going on meawhile from fellow forumites. Nice to see that you're getting steadily back into the running Sarah image

Also good running from Tillstar, Tenjiso and toby

I see we are all enjoying the Olympics as well. Like everyone else, I was so impressed by Jess Ennis and then Mo Farah's 10,000m win was just incredible. Add to that the cycling, rowing, sailing, gymnastics, equestrian ... and tennis!! What a couple of weeks it's turning out to beimage

Waves to all imageimageimage

• Options

Hi all,

Mileage building  up now - first 7 mile training session today - should have been yesterday but was too tired after spending Saturday in London to soak up the Olympic atmosphere with Snowmaiden - didnt get to see any live olympic action - but large screens in Hyde Park and got to meet some of the team coaches from Australia.

7 miles down now - jog 5/walk 5 most of the way round, completed training session in 1hr 55 mins so still quite slow.  At that rate it would take me over 6 hours to complete Marathon next April, so hopefully I can speed up a bit before then.

• Options

Afternoon all

Just 3 for me today was going to do something slightly longer but over slept again so will stick to the training plan today and try again tomorrow

Really proud of the Poohbear on her  7 miles  she did today that, s the longest run she ever done

• Options
    Well done poohbear, you seem to be doing really well with your training image
  • Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Thanks Juggler.  I love to run along the coast when I'm on holiday in Devon, it's so invigorating.

You are doing really well poohbear.  Think how much further along you are than those who don't start running until they receive the "congratulations" magazine from the London marathon in October (not that I have any idea what that's like, since I get rejected every year).

The doctor has confirmed that my cough has not developed into a chest infection, so I'm clear to continue running.  I "celebrated" the news with five miles, including two times one mile reps at 7:30 pace with 2:40 recovery.  That was hard work, but of course I perversely enjoyed it! image

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Recovery pace 10k this morning.  I'll do my LSR either tomorrow or Thursday to keep Saturday clear for my first parkrun.

• Options

Evening all image well after driving home wondering if the marathon was really for me and thinking life would be easier if i could relax in the evenings instead of training i decided to stop being such a lazy moo and get out for a run. Originally went for a LSR but halfway through I got bored and decided to try and beat my 10k time instead which at 54.36 i did by 26 seconds.  Not as fast as i would have liked but good enough for now and not bad as it started as an LSR.  Slow jog home meant the whole run was 9.8 miles in 1hr 36 and average pace of just under 10 min miles (and miles 5 and 6 were 8.27 and 8.18) so im happy enough with that as felt pretty fresh at the end and could have gone longer but didnt want to push it.  Gave my confidence the boost it needed and feel back on track.  Tomorrows run will have to stay slow though or my legs may protest! image waves to all

• Options

Well done Tillstar! Great to hear you got the confidence boost you needed image

I got out for my first hill session in about 2 months today, trying to mix up my sessions a bit and take the fear out of hills! I managed 10x30 second efforts up the hill with jogs back down and a 2 minute recovery jog halfway through the set image and whilst it's not huge, it's a start on something other than steady running image

*waves to all*

• Options

Morning all

Have a rearranged dentist appointment Friday so decided to do my LSR yesterday to get it out the way so 10 miles done yesterday not the fastest i done that course in taking 1:40:53 Avg pace of 9:31 i seem to have lost all the speed i had

Though looking back it’s about the same time i was running when training for Brighton at the same stage of the training plan so perhaps there hope yet

• Options

Good morning all,

good to hear everyones ok and enjoying their running. 

I have now entered the Cricklade half marathon as my last long run before Abingdon marathon, which is all preparation for the Druid 3 day ultra in November. I have not done  Cricklade before but have heard good things. Training for my first triathlon is going ok, a little nervous about it but im sure I will be ok when I start.

Very much enjoying the Olympics and I am having to work my training around it! Going up to London tomorrow for the athletics and again on Sunday for the marathon, very excited. 

• Options

Charlotte may see you there as both me and Phoobear and Yvonne are running Cricklade this year it will be the second year for me it a good event only small but well organized with a flat course