Options

Paris Losers

Comments

• Options

omrons - think i had better google it too.......image

A good day here againimage Healthy eating too plan, plus 5 mile dog walk followed by 11 mile easy runimage I think I have finally found my mojo againimage

Happy day!!!image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
  • Options

Me thinks.......what I don't know is better than being scared to death!!!!

• Options

Kaz, glad you have found your mojo

KO's thanks for the reassurance over hotel location, didn't want to end up next to the blue oyster !

• Options
    Get runtime error if I refresh a page and can't do either links or videos any more.  Great upgrade.
  • Options
    Suzy LarkinSuzy Larkin ✭✭✭

Urgh - I have been so good all week - not a drop has passed my lips and have felt fab, shed a couple of pounds and actually got stuff done.  10k trail race tomorrow morning (with a good friend and my sis in law who are both super super speedy) and what do I do, open a damn bottle; am doomed for failure image not used to having a race on a Saturday and my brain won't register that it's 10k and not a marathon so will probably plod around like a granny... hey ho, it all counts I suppose!

• Options

good luck for the race tomorrow suzy, i am sure you will fly round it.

• Options

Congrats on the good week so far Suzy....race report?

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

In spite of The Move That Shall Not Be Mentioned, the scales are trending downwards this week image

• Options

I've been very good last couple of days too, but not been on the scales.

Off out for a ruby tonight though but I think i've got a good chunk of calories left for the day.

• Options
    Suzy LarkinSuzy Larkin ✭✭✭
    Woohoo 8 mins quicker than my last 10k... Am absolutely caked in mud from head to toe image managed to get separated from my shoes a couple of times which wasn't hugely funny at the time but making me chuckle now. First few miles I was averaging 7.36 (mara pace is 10) but then dropped down to my usual speed after 5k Had a blinding headache/dizziness halfway through, not sure why; it didn't help but then again my 2 super speedy friends came in a good 10 mins after their usual times so I don't feel too disheartened.. Really well organised race though, fab goody bag, t shirt etc and lovely pub meal after with friends. Hope everyone has had a good day.
  • Options

MM: Thank you so much. Really, you are effing awesome. image

TD: I know this is hard to hear, but you gave me great advice for those three weeks before Paris, of which the most important thing was that you told me to give my body a break. Right now, you have to be kind to your body. I think others have asked this, but can you swim as an interim exercise? Maybe if you place one of the buoys between your legs so you don't kick and aggravate your knee...

--
    I skipped my 90 min. elliptical + strength this afternoon as I haven't been consuming enough calories for me to fuel my workout. I'll go to the gym tomorrow, though, once I have more calories in reserve. The Breakup Diet, while effective, is extremely unhealthy. image

• Options
    KO'S wrote (see)

Maybe if you place one of the buoys between your legs...

Never have I been gladder to see a 'U'

• Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Never have I been gladder to see a 'U'

I triple-checked the spelling on that one.

• Options
    8mins is huge on a 10k! Top running sm
  • Options

Just spotted that Suzy - top performance lass!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Suzy Martines wrote (see)
    Woohoo 8 mins quicker than my last 10k... Am absolutely caked in mud from head to toe image managed to get separated from my shoes a couple of times which wasn't hugely funny at the time but making me chuckle now.

you lost your shoes a couple of times and still got an 8 min PB on a 10km?!?!?  SWEEEEEET!!  you should be stoked!!  I'm stoked for you!!  YAY Suzy.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

well, I had bad breakfast (as had to get what I could before train at 7:30am), then a pub lunch (bangers and mash) BUT think I did pretty well with dinner as REALLY felt like takeaways but made my own home version of chicken with masses of vegetables friedish rice.

• Options

well done suzy, super speedy and you enjoyed yourself.

yer maj, well done on the downward trend on the scales....and for keeping your head together (almost) during the house move.

DLR well done for being goodfor last few days. enjoy your ruby as someone said last week, having one treat meal per week is probably the way to go and gives you something to look forward to all week.

Sal, well done for avoiding the trinity of bad meals in one day.

KO's stay strong girl.

well last night shift for me tonight. gym in work is shut at weekend so i will be running round and round the plant later when it gets dark. have not been on scales all week, but fingers crossed.

have decided my treat meal this week will be brunch on monday, going to do a big irish fry up.  must remember to weigh myself before i eat that !

• Options

My curry went ok, in that I added up all the calories and had enough for that and a packet of crisps and a Curly Wurly later!

Unfortunately I also ate both Milka bars I'd bought becuase 'they were half price and I can make them last' as well as a packet of pastilles.  Instead of being 1000 kcals under my maintenance level as planned each day) I went over by about 100.  Could have been worse I guess.

Back on the horse today and no meal out next week, so I can get a good weekend in.

Couple of things that are helping me at the moment:

1. The Curly Wurlies...115 kcals each and if you put them in the freezer they last ages.  Knowing I'll be having one of those each evening generally helps me avoid the early evening binge temptation  - I feel less restricted.
    2. I've cut out bread.  I did that for about 10 days in March - mainly to see if I had a mild wheat intolerance - and biggest benefit I found was that if I couldn't eat bread I found it difficult to over eat.  I heard James Corden describe bread as his 'nemesis' on Desert Island discs.  I think its mine too.  One slice of bread and spread is 100 - 120 kcals but I can stand in the kitchen and mindlessly eat half a dozen slices.  A couple of hours after curries, for some reason, I often crave toast  and would have had 2-4 slices last night.  Having the bread kcals available also frees up kcals for other things - like a yoghurt for pudding - that i'd otherwise feel I had to avoid.
  • Options

Suzy: WONDERFUL run! And being covered in mud should only add to your feelings of glory.

DLR: How do you feel about rice waffles/rice cakes/whatever they're called in England? Lots of people don't like them, but they're a staple food for me as I also try and watch my gluten intake. The plain ones are only about 40kcal, and I heart them with some cottage cheese and a drop of pesto (much better than the baguette/mozzarella/loads of pesto that I used to eat, and only slightly less satisfying).

Also: What in God's name is a Curly Wurly? And do I dare look it up in the Profanisaurus?

• Options
    curly wurly's are kids chocolate bars KO's ... Genuinely they are.

Name is hilarious though
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

hmm...so what's everyone's ideas on eating when sick?  Cold is back and I feel like eating EVERYTHING in sight and too crap to go out for a run or ride to offset it. image

• Options

RS: Serious bummer. Can you send someone out for oranges and make fresh-squeezed orange juice? What about having someone whip up a quick chicken and brown rice soup? (Cube chicken breast and sautee until golden, then add chopped onions, carrots, celery and spices [thyme, s&p, etc.]. Add chicken stock and brown rice, and cook until rice is tender.)
    I usually overdose on vitamin C and zinc to help with my immune system, in addition to eating gallons of soup and fresh fruit and veggies. And REST!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

yeah, have been drinking Innocent brand (because think it's probably the least toxified) OJ and blackberry, strawberry and blueberry smoothie non-stop most of the week.  Got some massive 1000mg Vitamin C tablets.  Yup, lots of veggies etc are going in but am still massively tempted by other things...like the mass of crusty fresh white bread that I just ate image

• Options

I have a big carb craving when I have a cold Sal, and to some extent i think that what your body craves when you're ill is probably what it needs.  Beyond that a curry would be good - chilli, ginger and garlic will kill bacteria and stimulate mucus membranes.  Yum.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Today I needed to make cakes.  I needed to check that the Kitchenaid worked in the new house and I needed to check how the new oven performed.

I didn't need to eat 3 of them though image

• Options

DLR: I've been to Leeds once, for the International Congress on Medieval Studies. We mostly stayed at the uni, but I remember seeing lots of pies when I did go into town. But that video is just ...  <speechless>
    Speaking of pies, a Pie Minister recently opened in Amsterdam! image

Yer_maj: You were entirely innocent in the matter--that damned oven forced you to do it. So it doesn't count that you ate a cake.