Options

Paris Losers

Comments

• Options
    It was +800g so I am now a stately 78kg, assume I survive eviction I will promise to knuckle down now that fancy London is out of the way.
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Absolutely nothing lost ...image. There's little comfort in having gained nothing, either, since my diet's been good. Mind you, my week's total running was 12.5k.So, same diet more running this week...

alan, how about trying venison for a change.It's expensive but it tastes great and there's almost no fat on it.

• Options

I only just found the thread, i think as well as a stinking cold and a chest infection I was also hit with a stupid stick, its like we met at a party everyone went to another party and I lost the bit of paper the address was on... and yes that has happened to me image

So, being off work I read through all the thread, 2 cups of tea later and finally I feel I am knocking on the door of the right house - yeh!!

Nothing lost for me this week, not a bit surprise - no counting calories, no running or any kind of exercising except for some fresh air walks to get me out the house, and alcohol in the form of hot toddies - made me feel better but not good for the resolve.

NGUG: I think you mentioned the 'good' peanut butter but I forgot - which one do you recommend, I strongly suspect there are some that are worse than others?

RR: noodles M&S check - will hobble my way to the shops tomorrow - top tip!

KO: your comments about 'de-anchoring' really slapped me on my fuzzy little head - I am bloody well de-anchored and my running ship is lost at sea!

ATM - that's exactly how I am feeling, teary and feeling a bit pathetic really.

LR: do you think 6 weeks for a habit?  When I stopped drinking I think it was def 8 weeks - it was certainly the hardest habit I have ever broken as it involved so many elements of my life, family, friends, work,  home life - right to the core of who I was and how I defined myself - it took me about 3 months to re-define myself and feel ok, but I really really like you attitude about every day you stay on course you strengthen the new habit - that's really coolimage

YM: I HATE change, I pretend to like it but, deep down I hate it, so your moving would be such a big deal for me I would hit the fridge faster than a tortoise with its tail on fire (apparently they can move really fast when they are threatened with fire - who knew) ...

OK back to bed, work tomorrow, proper clothes and I might even brush my hair.

• Options

Audrey - the one day at a time is indeed a great approach.  Unfortunately not one I've kept up with since 5pm on Friday.  Bank holiday crazyness here.

Time to knuckle down now.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

At a tangent.....  Audrey, I saw a tortoise running...a long time ago, in Greece...and was amazed at the speed of it. No fire, though.image It's Mr. ATM's birthday. No rubbish food but no running either.

• Options

atm - yes i love venison, steaks burgers, sausages. local farm shop sometimes has it and i stock up for the bbq season.

audrey welcome to the new thread and i hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Audrey - yeah, us losers are snooping over here, welcomeimage think it was me mentioning the good peanut butter.  It's a brand called whole earth that does one with no sugar added. Have also discovered that waitrose do a no added sugar one too but haven't had it.  Or you can make your own but that's getting a bit technical. image

mmmm....venison...had that lots growing up as we farmed deer.  Bambi is yummy!

• Options

I already know I've put on weight without weighing. I've got the cold and I've been eating all kinds of junk as a result. Tomorrow will be better......

• Options

Radar Sal/Audrey B - yes it was Sal re the peanut butter although I did admit to wanting to eat jars of the stuff I tend to go for the crunchy sort just because I like it more.  I have tried the Waitrose no added one too and thats fine although a bit blander.  Tried decaff green tea at the weekend felt very virtuous... was quite nice really..

Rob you can put me down for 1lb lost last week if you need to compile your charts.  Weighing for me tomorrow.  Have been relatively good v.v.good at the beginning of the week waivering a bit over the bank holiday..

Poor Bambiimage

Happy birthday Mr ATMimage

yer_maj - good luck with the move you'll be fine - a change is as good as rest apparently..

Blooming lurgy not left me either had it since Paris now appear to be losing my voice ..

• Options

DLR - you've got mail!!

How come I can't get this tread added to my bookmarks???

• Options
    Had my weigh in yesterday (see above, p. 6 or 7). Nothing of consequence today, more of the same, so either I'm emotionally coping better or have gone robot. Psoas stretching tonight on dining table; tomorrow, more elliptical, cycling, and strength training before seeing physio and podiatrist.

Yer_maj: good luck with the move!

Audrey: Feel better!
  • Options

NGUG - no problem waiting for an official weigh in from you tomorrow.  I'll compile on Wednesdays moving forward.

• Options

Kaz - totally!! I spent about 10 mins trying this morning and gave up thinking it was me be just being thick - the help link doesn't seem to help either....surprisingly image  

Radar, ah yes you are the voice of wisdom - I will head to waitrose tomorrow when I am back in trousers with a waistband.  On that note - does anyone eat smoked tofu and is it high in calories, I hear waitrose also does this, its really yummy with noodles but also nice with salads??

• Options

Getting really annoyed. Icanna get rice noodles here.Lidl used to have really good ones? I love  rice noodlesimage

• Options
    Audrey: I like smoked tofu, and I like it in salads, but it isn't for everyone. I grate it on salads and to me it tastes like smoked Gouda, but healthier.
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

There's no bookmarks for forums anymore, there's only followed threads which is BUGGY AS HELL!  GRRRRRR!  My IT tester and release managment voice is SCREAMING.  Yes, I'm having a few moments with it.  So far:

- when you post to a thread it removes it from your followed threads

- when you click to follow a thread you lose the take to last read link, on the first go

- Also, it's not tracking all your preferences...in particular don't default to emailing me when responses are made.

HUMPH!  Am posting to the forum in the general category with bugs but doesn't seem to be helping.

• Options

the lack of testing has been laughable imo rs and i am more of a poacher to your gamekeeper. oh and the release should have been backed out when so many issues became immediately apparent. instead they went for a fix and carry on approach image

apparently today is treat day so after a gentle 8km at lunch and a 1.4km swim this evening am having a well earnt glass of vin rouge

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

They tried to UAT it with a few people but it didn't work so guess they just rolled it out and said...what the hell.  VERY bad way to do things but then again they have a loyal user base with no valid alternative, so can be a bit bolshy.  i'm annoying the hell out of the sean guy on the general forum.  He doesn't respond to me image

Time to untick the email response option, submit reply and then try to find the thread to follow it again.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

What's this then a breakaway. I guess there's only one thing to say....loooosers<

• Options

Forgive me for I have sinned. 

Last night I ate a box (not a tube) of Smarties at the theatre.  On the way home I had a kebab. And chips.  When I got in I had a twix and a slice of chocolate cake.

Today.  Today is when I get a hold of this challenge.

• Options

Not lurking, honest, just thought I could usefully reply to a couple of points

Radar Sal wrote (see)

- when you click to follow a thread you lose the take to last read link, on the first go

Sal: response notification and following are the same thing. If you follow a thread, you get notifications. So where you say 'Time to untick the email response option, submit reply and then try to find the thread to follow it again.', you're unfollowing it when you submit your post, then going to to find the thread and clicking the follow button.

I was just asking another forum member how useful it would be to follow threads without receiving notifications. By the sound of it, you would find this useful?

Radar Sal wrote (see)

Do you mean you go to the thread, the 'last read' link is there, and then you click 'follow' and 'last read' isn't there? The 'last read' function hasn't changed. The 'last read' link only shows when there have been posts since your last visit. If you visit the thread, the server threats that as a visit regardless of whether you have literally scrolled to the last post

Radar Sal wrote (see)

There's no bookmarks for forums anymore

This will be restored shortly.

Radar Sal wrote (see)

- Also, it's not tracking all your preferences...in particular don't default to emailing me when responses are made.

Pls could you clarify this? I've just emulated you, checked your preferences and posted a test post, and it seemed to be fine. Your forum settings are set to 'default notifications to off' which should mean that when you go to a new thread, the 'email me' tickbox under the message form is unticked. On threads you have posted to, the tickbox will be set to whatever you left it as when you last submitted a post, (unless you have changed your settings for that thread using the 'follow' function or in the 'notifications' section of your settings page)

Hope that isn't too much of a ramble - sorry for such a long post

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Thanks Sean,  I think most of the issues stem from the relationship/feature that has been built between follow thread and email me when a reponse is made coupled with bookmarking of forums not being available.  the confusion arises because of the different terminology used and different methods of set up. 

My requirement is to go to one webpage and see all the forums I'm interested in, along with which ones have new comments/posting. If you are re-instating bookmarking for forums then this will cater for my use case, so long as it still shows the stats of postings, last posted and time etc.

I thought the follow page was for this requirement but as it's coupled with the email notifications it doesn't do just this.  From the information you've given, I have worked out why the tickbox is being selected, when I have it defaulted to do not select in my preferences.  It is because I am following the thread.  Do you get that while it may seem like a great tie-up it's very confusing and does much more in the background than expected?

And lastly, to test losing the go to last read post issue.  Go to a forum that you're not following, but have read some of not all of it.  Select to follow.  For me the go to last read post option disappears when I select follow.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

oh yeah...and I was taking the piss quite liberally with saying you were ignoring me.image  I'm a little bit of a joker image  Hopefully I've explained myself...if not pop me a PM.  and to add, if you're reinstating bookmarking for forums then you don't need to decouple following and email notifications but I'd seriously look at aligning the terminology so it's clear they're related.  The follow page is repeating the all bookmarking functionality except for the email notifications....so maybe just a further complication that you don't really need...Why show 80% the same thing in two places?

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

oh yeah...and I was taking the piss quite liberally with saying you were ignoring me.image  I'm a little bit of a joker image  Hopefully I've explained myself...if not pop me a PM.  and to add, if you're reinstating bookmarking for forums then you don't need to decouple following and email notifications but I'd seriously look at aligning the terminology so it's clear they're related.  The follow page is repeating the all bookmarking functionality except for the email notifications....so maybe just a further complication that you don't really need...Why show 80% the same thing in two places?

I hope you're proud of yourself young lady.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

I hope you're proud of yourself young lady.

Alwaysimage

• Options

<span>DLR: thank fallopian tubes someone admits to splurging ... I thought I was the only one!

• Options

Last night I ate a box (not a tube) of Smarties at the theatre.  On the way home I had a kebab. And chips.  When I got in I had a twix and a slice of chocolate cake.

DLR, the above news is very surprising. It sounds like the actions of a drunken teenager on his way home from the pub. I thought you were teetotal and also a couple of years older than a teen ?

ps i also slipped and had 4 cans of beer at home last night image

will take extra special care for rest of week as i want at least another 3 pound weight loss this week.

• Options
    alan rollins wrote (see)

DLR, the above news is very surprising. It sounds like the actions of a drunken teenager on his way home from the pub. I thought you were teetotal and also a couple of years older than a teen ?

ps i also slipped and had 4 cans of beer at home last night image

will take extra special care for rest of week as i want at least another 3 pound weight loss this week.

It was a schoolboy error Alan and one I repeated today (FFS!).

I tried to more or less 'fast' for the day to offset the excess of the day before.  That left me in a theatre and starving hungry (hence giving in for the smarties) then, unsatisfied by smarties - oddly enough -  on the way home we talked about not having had kebabs for 20 odd years and stopped off for one.  Twix and cake were leftover from the kids night in with the babysitter....

I've a new plan though. ...

• Options
    Suzy LarkinSuzy Larkin ✭✭✭

Pray tell of this new plan DLR image we all slip up now and again; I think the most important thing is having the balls (fire away!) to admit it - once it's out there in the ether it seems to sink in a bit more and makes you realise it probably wasn't a great idea but hey, you can't change it so have a few good days to make up for it and you will be redeemed image.  Had 2 whole days and nights of healthy food and not a drop to drink but crappy day at work and 12 page nutrition questionnaire has forced me to have a glass of wine.  Can't wait to see what the nutritionist makes of my food habits!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

hmm...fasting.  Get ready for my metaphor of the day: kinda like sprinting during a marathon because you stopped for a bit too long at the loo...we all know it doesn't workimage  Slow and steady to get back on pace, slow and steady...well, that's what I think.  Don't beat yourself up and go crazy because you had a bad meal/day/couple of days etc. you're likely to burn yourself out and stop at the loo again or get an injury.  Go back to the guidelines and healthy eating plan that you set yourself with a little bit more awareness and you'll get there.  Binge purge (speed sessions) don't work for losing weight. image

BUT yay for fessing up and sharing.  We've all been there.  Me on sunday at the movies with a HUGE box of popcorn and then GBK burger and chips afterwards..mmmmmm....yummy!