Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Kaz - image doesn't sound like good news from the doc.  hope it comes right with LOTS of REST!!!

• Options
    No such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothing.

Night night.
  • Options

TD - shouldn't that be "good night and good luck"image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - I hope all is well with you. Plus let's be honest you'll still be up and putting the world to right long before most us are even near getting out of bed.

• Options

Eggy -lol , yes today up and at BF's house doing laundry at KOCimage Must try and track down my washing machine tomorrow...........again!!

Your all wrong thou, lie- ins for next wee while.........or at least until doc get blood results and hopefully is proved wrong!!! image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - A week or resting up will do you some good. Hopefully the doc can get to the bottom of the illness you've been suffering with and you'll back out in plenty of time for some dark, wet, windy, snowing, hailstoning winter Paris training!!

I do understand the fustration of being on the injry/illness bench. Why is it the second you can't run that you have more motivation to run than you ever have? All I can think of is trying to build in some interval sessions, or joining a club to see if they can help me improve my running. All I've been able to do is sit and watch far too much TV and read some books.

• Options

Eggy - I know what you mean. For F sake I only ran on Sunday, and normally wouldn't even be thinking about running until the weekend but because I have been told not to I am raring to go!!image How is your injury??

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

After two weeks complete rest one short easy run saw it be the most painful it's been in ages. Including being sore all day the following day, which normally it's not unless I'm running.

GP said it wasn't a hernia so wasn't remotely interested. Trying to get a physio appiontment for the weekend to see if they can help at all. If not I guess I just need to sit and get unfit until it's better.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Dropped a metal plate on my foot - drew blood - kinda hurts more than I thought it would. Don't think I broke anything, but it sure hurts to put a little weight on it. OK, in my case,  a lot of weight.

Anyone have a particular craving for anything American you need me to bring with next week ?  Happy to. 

• Options
    Dannirr - sorry to hear re: accident; hope that's not going to interfere with the Great Race...!

Kaz - enjoy those lie-ins, you deserve them

Eggy - hopefully you'll get help at the physio. It won't do you any harm to catch up with a few movies, TV series or books for a week or two!
  • Options
    Hope you are not on bench too long kaz.

I guess I must be wannabee alsoimage

Rest day today but no bad thing as legs feel in need of a rest day.
  • Options
    kaz1 wrote (see)

Scott - Running keeps you sane............but your insane when you can't cope without it!!!image

Couldn't agree more.

kaz1 wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)
    scott walker 10 wrote (see)
    but as someone once said ," it's only too cold if ur wearing the wrong clothes " Or something like that !

welcome to the mad house. image  "there's no wrong weather for running, only the wrong kit" is the phrase, I thinkimage

And I will be thinking of you all this winter when I am tucked up cosy indoors instead of out at KOCimage

Nah, you'll have a week or two off then either the doctor is proved wrong (and it's back to normal) or the doctor is proved right (and you just have to prepare differently).  Either way you'll be running soon enough.

Eggy - was same for me a couple of years ago.  GP was a waste of space once hernia ruled out.  Physio will sort it.

• Options
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Anyone have a particular craving for anything American you need me to bring with next week ?  Happy to. 

Not strictly speaking American but could I have Nicole Kidman?

• Options

I'll have a those twins, Mary-Kate and Ashley is it?

So, I've got a text I'll be on a training course today, it better not clash with Berlin registration, otherwise I'll be in the toilet for a very long time!

kaz1 - I think we should challenge you to take a month off, will you accept the challenge?!!

DLR - have you had any trouble with 'mop residue' since you arrived back in Leeds?

• Options
    DLR - excellent request. But she's not in ANY way American!
  • Options

DLR - Thanks. I was googling last night just to see how it would affect things, and really it is only the long runs that I will have to really think about(this morning when everything is in perspective!!), anything up to HM distance shouldn't really cause any problems if I am looking after myself correctly otherwise!! Whatever way it is a wake up call to start taking better care of myself!image

Chownsie - As much as it pains me to say it, I may well be taking a month of depending........but hopefully thats the longest bench time!!

Dannirr - I hope that foot is ok!

Eggy - Good luck, I hope the physio manages to sort you out.

• Options
    Nicole Kidman indeed. If he brings her that won't leave any room for George Clooney in his suitcase.

I'm planning a self- imposed easy spell. I've more or less been in constant high-mileage training for the last 18 months, and I reckon I've been lucky nothing has gone pop. I think it's going to be difficult though. I'm having a week's holiday in Spain soon, and I'm not taking my running shoes. The very thought is making me sweat.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Chownsie wrote (see)

So Berlin, is there any tips for registering tomorrow at the cheap price? I cannot appear to do it via the pre-registration.

It opens at 11am GMT so here's hoping they have a break for your course

@Danirr - How is the foot this morning?
    RS - Can you write a strongly worded email about them taking the wrong one? Your hotel sounds fantastic! Good choice for not wanting to risk traffic.

I had a few issues getting up this morning for my run... mainly forgetting to put on my alarm clock image

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Not strictly speaking American but could I have Nicole Kidman?

She's Australian! Have the Americans invaded Australia?

I'll have Natalie Portman. I believe she's quite small so shouldn't take up too much room alongside Nicole and George!

• Options

Bridget Fonda please if she's available. I'll pay the excess baggage fee.

• Options

Michelle Pfeiffer please...   and I'll borrow Natalie Portman too once Eggy has finished with her...  

Oh what the hell..   just send them both over to me at the same time..  image

• Options

Dannirr - I just received my American bike lights yesterday - Lezyne - I bet they would have been much cheaper Stateside. Ah well. Hope your foot is not so bad this morning, just the aceptable results of a bit of swelling but not a more serious trauma.

And good morning everybody. I hope you all had a lucky night although to be honest, I don't really understand what Radar Sal was implying. image

Think I'm going to be calling the hospital today to see the surgeon again. Feeling a bit blue about my knee. Was too painful to run or even bike ride yesterday although did manage a bit of MTB this morning with the pooch.

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

...and I'll borrow Natalie Portman too once Eggy has finished with her...  

Let's hope he only wants her for a chat and a cup of tea then!! image  Otherwise there could be mop residue problems, as referenced by Chownsie.

RR - George Clooney - he's undeniably one good looking chap, and seems pleasant enough too.

It's worth doing TD, once you know what's what you can deal with.  It's the uncertainty that's the killer as you invariably think the worst.

Kaz - read to me that the only challenge above HM distances was that of fuelling, but that it just needed careful planning, something we could probably all benefit from!

• Options
    Is Mila Kunis American?
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    If I'm going to be smuggling people over to the UK, I'll keep the beautiful people and rather bring over the politicians. All of them. Now that would be worth the extra baggage fee!

Foot is already a lot better - slightly swollen, not much pain. What hurt more was forking out $385 for the projector bulb I was replacing when I dropped the metal plate on my foot.

No running shoes packed for vacation? I sense the beginning of a barefoot runner....
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Johnny Lyall wrote (see)
    Is Mila Kunis American?

Ukranian, I think... but she lives thereimage

• Options
    Having tried and failed 3 times to break 4 hours, I think it's time I accepted being lazy won't cut it and heed the advice plenty of others have given me....I just don't put the mileage in.

I'm a bit of an on and off runner and struggle with motivation. I need a challenge, like an upcoming marathon, to get me going. Else I often only go out once a week. In the past when in marathon training I've followed a very loose 12 week plan and the most I've ever ran in that duration prior to race day is 200 miles. Which everyone tells me is not enough and the reason why I've never completed the marathon in a better time than 4.04.

So last night I put together a 16 week plan that averages 28 miles a week. I.e. a total of 450 miles in 16 weeks.

To the experts on here - does this sound about right to you?

I'm quite excited about undertaking it, just not sure I'll stick to getting out and running 4 times a week...
  • Options

Well that was Super easy!! Pre- registration done for Berlin done!!

I am taking resting up seriously by making plans for next year when I will be hopefully stronger and fitter!!!image

• Options

Fudge Me! the Berlin registration is damn efficient! The website didnt slow down at all. I clicked on the register button at bang on 11 - received a confirmation email at 11.01. Checked the registration again at 11.04 to see if the 60euro group had sold out and it was already on to group 2 / 90euro!