Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

yes alright MADAM_MAJ!

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Onetit - dept 91, just south of Paris.  Now I will look up where 82 is.

Joinned the forum to learn about the race however more about monkey spanking but who am I to argue with experienced runners.

• Options

It's all part of life's rich tapestry PC91....

• Options
    On the subject of inflicting pain, Runners' Need are selling Grid Rollers (aka Orange Rollers of Doom) at 20% off this week. 50 shades of orange?
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I'd like to point out that this only happened since DLR came back...

That's a good point, Yer_maj....

PC91 wrote (see)

Joinned the forum to learn about the race however more about monkey spanking but who am I to argue with experienced runners.

I said the same thing about marathon running and have ended up doing crazy stuff like doubles and ultras!

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I'd like to point out that this only happened since DLR came back...

I am merely the catalyst.

• Options

You're not the catalyst, you're a very naughty boy...

• Options

hee hee hee.

Kaz - good to hear bluie has arrived!  Good luck putting him back together.  Hope they packed him right.

hmm...running and farting...I'm always worried more than gas may come out (to put it very clearly or rather more muddy image)

• Options

and on a semi-serious random note.  Anyone got any tips on running in Tokyo and Hong Kong?  I have a very busy week of travel coming up and don't want to do all my runs on hotel/airport dreadmills.

• Options

RS - 2 weeks on Sunday by any chance? - a great one to tick off the list even if you are not ready for a marathon?

http://www.tokyo42195.org/2013_en/outline

• Options

JB - darn, I'll just miss it.  Will be back in the UK that day for a few hours and then it's off again to france for skiing.  It tough being me image (lovin' that the santa smilies are still there.)

• Options
    There are some very random conversations going on in this thread recently I'm not sure if the running and the jiggling of the brain on the long runs is affecting our logical thinking patterns .

Does anyone else get easily distracted after a long run .

Squirrel !!
  • Options
    Scott you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until collective forum tapper madness kicks in just before Paris. Padded cells at the ready!
  • Options

Great 9 mile hill run today in warm 65 degree weather.  Love that Garmin Connect now adds the weather to your activity.

• Options

RS - my rule of thumb when I visit a strange city is to find the main river or coastline and run along it. Not that Tokyo and Hong Kong are strange....

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

RS - I always ask at the hotel where to run. Bigger hotels will print out a dedicated "runners map" (The Intercontinental do this) or at least a tourist map and mark it with a pen.

• Options
    Scott the walker wrote (see)
    There are some very random conversations going on in this thread recently 

Recently??   Oh no... this is perfectly normal for here....

• Options
    Morning all,

Everything is a lovely shade of white this morning. Gorgeous but very cold when walking the wee fella.

I have bn very good this morning and did another 45min run but this time on the treadmill at 10km/h. HR peaked at 67%! Maybe I will just stick withTM for a few days- no hills certainly helps keep hr steady!

Cycling later..... image
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    kaz1 wrote (see)
    ...but very cold when walking the wee fella.

Wee fella? Do you need to get your glasses checked? Last time I saw - your dog is the size of a horse!

• Options

Kaz....good girl, that's much better.

I'm off for my 20 miles as soon as wayward kitten deigns to come back in...he's digging up worms in the garden...image

• Options

Emmy...  I am in interested in doing Medoc this year....  please can you remind me what you said you did about accommodation and transport etc..?

Looking to enjoy it, not necessarily do the cheapest option...

• Options
    Start date for new job- 25th February. image Sooooooooo excited!!!

Things are gonna get better....................!!!!!! image
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Emmy...  I am in interested in doing Medoc this year....  please can you remind me what you said you did about accommodation and transport etc..?

Looking to enjoy it, not necessarily do the cheapest option...

Hi DV, remind me again or PM me so I don't forget to answer this image as i'm just rushing out and don't want to forget it

Kaz - well done!! image

• Options
    TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭

Things are moving so quickly that I havent even tentatively raised my hand as not injured or ill. Maybe I shouldnt tempt fate anyway!

I did my first 20miler over the weekend and felt it went ok. Did find the last couple miles hard work but think that might have been more to do with it being a 48mile week rather than the miles on the day.

Do you find yourself full of energy after tapering and before the race? Kind of want an idea of how I will feel on the day.

After a hard session of 1mile intervals on Monday I am completing the rest of my runs this week at snails pace to give me a good shot at my Exeter Half on sunday. 

• Options

Kaz-1 - Well done.

Off for a short one today, hoping the weather stays as is.....grey/overcast.  Snow due, so hope it's after my run.

Keep warm and well everyone.

Dept 82, we're about an hour north/west of Toulouse

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Trevor - the very wise Tricky Dicky of this parish, once explained that when doing a 20 mile run during training, we are effectively running the last 20 miles of a marathon. The reason being that we are running hard during the week but before the marathon we will taper.

So, don't think about 'that last 6 miles will be really hard' - you'll be ready.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Kaz - will you be getting the sack on your first day image

• Options

Tricky:  why do you think I have 2 dogs, more people to blame when gf not good.  So at the moment thats most of the time.  Really suffering at the moment, a bout of colitis, not good, ah a diet of "white food" as I like to call it - oh so bland!!!  But at least a good amount of protein if not that much carbs, still managed a 16 miler last saturday, although then succumbed to the colisits so only amanged 10 this week to date!!!

Think I have 12 weeks till mont st michel so not worried about miles, oh yes just remember have 18 a week saturday!!!!  Joy!!!!

• Options
    Trevor Olver wrote (see)

Do you find yourself full of energy after tapering and before the race? Kind of want an idea of how I will feel on the day.

You'll be "chomping at the bit" come race day Trevor. The code word for this is "Taper-madness". The combination of bags of fitness, reduced tiredness and no running outlet means you are like to go i) slightly bonkers, ii) bonking continually, iii) catch up on lots of reading. Maybe a combination of all of these image

Fiona - ah yes, blame the dog. Forgot about that. Might be hard to do in a marathon but I guess you could always look to the runner alongside and point at the person in front whilst pulling a face. They'll never know they've been accused of dropping one.

Made a little powerpoint today for some of our young grads who asked the question, "How can I run faster". Made for a fun 45 mins instead of going out running in the sleet. Looks like i better do a turbo session tonight instead.  As I'll be in the UK next week without a bike, I might get to run a bit more than I have been doing of late. Looking forward to that possibility.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

@Tricky - My work are being complete bar stewards about securing holiday times for the summer. When do you need to know if we're committed and what days for the little jaunt?

Also, is there anyone driving from Belgium with a van? I'm wondering if we could sling our tent in there to avoid carrying it on the plane.