Comments

• Options

Nice one mr sj! Congratulations image

OS - smash it!!!!!! (You know you want to!)image

• Options

Must have been a night for it, Mr sj

Huge congratulations to you.

My PB from last year's CC10k, not as quick as yours, and not as old - 44:24

After my injury hit winter I had no expectation of beating that tonight, and really was thinking I would be thrilled just to break 45 minutes

Crossed the line in 43:27 !!!

imageimageimageimageimage

I am quite happy.

• Options

And me. Definitely the night for it. I smashed my 10k PB by 2:02 in a time of 47:28. Really pleased as I wasn't sure my legs were really ready for racing that distance.

• Options

Well done Mr SJ and XL

• Options

Congratulations, Fiona image

A GNR thread hat-trick image

• Options

WOW! Congratulations to all three of you! image

• Options

Outstanding running fiona and xl.

Now on the hunt for some more fast 10k's before the end of the year, tynedale and darlington are tempting.

Any ideas if any of the run norumberland ones are pb friendly ?

• Options

Fiona - mr sj and XLm - outstanding all of you. OS you and me can't let the side down on Monday we have to do PB's now!!

• Options

Mr SJ - sorry can't help, I've no idea where most of the races are let alone whether PB friendly

Bear and OS - indeed you can't let the side down, although allowances will be made for congestion. image

Vixx - I am well sorry I forgot to reply last night.

• Options

Well done to everyone's results at the Clive Cookson last night.  It's a great race for pb-ing in.

Unfortunately I couldn't go - we are still car-less so would have been rather difficult to get to on public transport.

• Options

Well done Fiona, XL and MrSJ o the PB's. imageimage

I've done no running, bicycling or swimming for a week on the orders of my physio. She has now said I can start back with light training, whatever that means. imageimage

• Options

It means anything that doesn't hurt as much as her lfc! image

• Options

Thank you folks.

I did all of the Run Northumberland last year, Mr sj

Of those that are left this year, Kirkley Hall is new, Bamburgh is quite flat ( I went sub-45 there on a fairly blustery day) and Matfen has a climb, but also a terrific downhill finish. I got my second best time (now 3rd) there last October, and really enjoyed the route.

Cheers, lfc - take it easy on your return.

• Options

Well that is last training run done for a month - only got BUPA London 10K on Monday and then a months rest - for once I am really looking forward to it and think I will go the whole month without running - lots of walking and leg strength exercises.

• Options

Hi All

As someone who only pops in here ocassionally (shame, shame I hear!) I sometimes pick up stuff that makes me wonder what has happened. A few years ago when I was a more consistent poster one of the other regular posters was Mick the Mackem. He isn't posting now but the vibes I'm picking up suggest that it's not just a case of him leaving the forum. I'm thinking the worst but hoping I'm wrong. Please can someone clarify this for me?

• Options

Roy - sadly Mick passed away at the back end of last year after developing a brain tumour.  We only found out on the forum at the start of this year and needless to say we were shocked and saddened.

Some of us are now running The Blaydon Race in his memory - in Sunderland shirts.

• Options
    Fiona J wrote (see)

Bear and OS - indeed you can't let the side down, although allowances will be made for congestion. image

Great- so no pressure then image.

• Options

OS - absolutely not.image

• Options

Roy - I'll be running in a Sunderland shirt probably at GNR, but am wondering whether one of my mara's may be a more suitable place. I also need to get one that is 2xl :S

• Options

Are you doing Edinburgh, Vixx?  I was taking a look at the course profile and it looks mad ... you start quite high up, drop down for about 1.5 miles, climb a bit, then drop right down by about 6 miles.

5 miles after work tonight at 8.30 m/m, which was much faster than intended, but it started lashing it down which coupled with the wind was quite horrible, and I just wanted it over with.

• Options

No Shielsy - CC2 is though.

I said I wouldn't do it again until it got safer, as the three years I have done it, something has gone wrong - 2006 and 2010 they ran out of water, and 2011 the finish area was apparently a Hillsborough waiting to happen as people were getting crushed as there were fences erected to stop spectators getting in and runners couldn't get out very well - along with other issues, and in 2009 (I didn't run it) they cut the course short due to excessive heat and a pallet of water being 'nicked'.

I love the Edinburgh marathon route - it's a good, flat course, and if CC2 has a good day she'll be PB smashing for sure. The climb isn't really much at all compared to the drops. Salsa's sister works up there so we picked it to do (Salsa did the Half) as we haven't got to pay for hotels.  I did wobble a bit and thought about taking a race transfer entry, but Salsa couldn't get the weekend off.

I am considering Loch Ness, Chester and Amsterdam for the Autumn. 

How are you? Great running there!

• Options

Thanks for that - I know that Edinburgh hasn't had the greatest reputations in the past.

I'm ok thanks - just plodding on, you know.

• Options

Xl - thanks for info on the run northumberland races.  Matfen looks good but a little close to GNR and bamburgh is pretty close to blaydon ! Might still do bamburgh, have to check with the family if it would be ok, dont usually get away with racing 2 weeks on the trot !

• Options

My pleasure, Mr sj - I tend not to race Blaydon really, as it's such a silly distance. I just love it for the history and the atmosphere. I forgot that they had moved the date of Matfen this year, from the end of October to the beginning of September. I believe there are going to be two Kirkley Hall 10ks , one in June that was postponed from April, and one in October, that was originally billed as a Ponteland 10k

• Options

Thanks for that very sad information Shielsy - I suspected something like that must have happened.

He will be wearing his Sunderland shirt watching you all run in yours!

• Options

... and with us in the Bridge when we toast his memory with a drop or two of the black stuff.  

• Options

At last ! Sunshine on the moor, and not too much wind.

I was never going to threaten my PB after Wednesday's 10k, so I'm really pleased with 21:23
    A time that puts another cherry on Wednesday's cake, as my splits for the two 5k laps at Clive Cookson were 21:39 and 21:48 image

Hope you are all having a great start to the long weekend.
    Happy Running, Everypeople

• Options

Hard to believe the weather we had yesterday after a day of sun today!  Spent the early afternoon at the Oxford track watching young OS win county bronze in the U13 1500m (5:19.2)image.

• Options

Still a good time, XL!

I was in two minds about which parkrun I should do this morning, but when I saw the glorious sunshine I opted for the more scenic South Shields.

It was lovely to be running in not too much wind (although there's always going to be a bit breezy when you're right on the coast) but I did think my cheeks were going to explode with the heat.

Ran my socks off and came in at 23 minutes flat by my watch (official result has added 2 seconds) which is a 5k pb and I'm rather chuffed as it's not the flattest of routes (you start on the beachfront and by 0.7 miles you're running along the cliff paths with the sea far below you)

Came in 3rd female (numbers 1 & 2 were battling it out ahead of me and came in within a second of each other).

And my mate's just told me she's managed to get me a loan of a Sunderland top.  It's a bloke's one though, so I'll have to try and adjust it in some way so I don't get lost in it.

How glorious is it outside?  Have finally managed to get the grass cut and have done a spot of weeding.

• Options

Great going by Young Old Shadowfax!  image