MBNA Chester Marathon 2013

Comments

• Very merry Christmas everyone
  • Merry Christmas from me and mine too. Let's hope for a PB filled injury free 2013...
  • Just found out that Snowdonia is Welsh Champs event next year. So might try and run it on fresh legs next year instead of 3 weeks after Chester like the last 2 years. Slight matter of getting sub 2.45 in London before final decision though....
  • i am out of action at moment  due to a pulled leg muscle went doctors yestaday and she gave me some tablets to take

• I see that Chester is top of the list for marathons in 2012 in RW image
  • Fantastic news for us; thank you to everyone who voted. But still not resting on our laurels and hoping to make next year's race even better.

• Andy- any chance of constructing a tunnel through the hills in the latter stages?
  • I want to do this now. Any advice regarding a decent diet?
  • I am going to do it again and train properly.  This is my vow!

After a dreadful time at Chester this year from about 15 onwards I have seen the error of my ways. It is a great race - excellent support and a lovely course so I will be back.  I think this time I will take advantage of the training runs if I can too , just to motivate myelf.

• good luck  hope you do it   i have done it 3 times  

• Training seems to be going ok, did 14.5 miles, just over 2 hours, majority up hill. I am now pooped!
  • Cracking event- I've done it for the last 2 years and pbd both times image Not back this year though.... But I will return! image
  • Is this possible to train for from zero running, in ten months?
  • Thanks. I need to get down from 17st too
  • Need some advice please. I prefer off road running these days but am determined to get under 3hours 30 for a road marathon and am running London. However I am running an Ultra in March and think London will be too much. I am thinking of deferring London and doing something later in the year.

The question I have is Chester a fast course?
  • Steve, I lost 3 stone in a year, so youwillbe fine! The more you run, the more weight you will loose, the more wright you loose, the easier itis to run!

However, I would suggest a visit to the doctors, for a check up, and a bit of a chst about things ingeneral. Maybe go to a running club as well for some advice on training etc, you have taken the first sreps though.....
  • I did the doctor trip last week, and I'm all good to go. Out tomorrow for half an hour's jog. Time to start some training
  • Good luck steve, and enjoy it!

I have just been for a 6 mile run, 8.20 average pace. Its a bit strange being out and about early on a saturday morning, this no booze for janusry lark is a good idea!
  • I'm just finishing my Christmas present wine. Then I'm probably off booze for a while. Want to do myself justice, so a few tweaks to the diet and more running for me. Wife and son are biking it into town today, so I'll run in. 2 miles in and two miles back, at a slow pace. Just to get me back into the swing of things. I did Stroud HM in 2.31 with no training at all. Want to see what I can do at Silverstone with at least SOME running done
  • Went out in glorious sun shine at 10 this morning, planning on doing 12 miles, got back to car in thick fog, freezing cold, and buggered after getting a bit lost and did 16.5 miles. A bowl of porridge in a hot bath was most welcome on my return!
  • Claire Calladine wrote (see)
    Need some advice please. I prefer off road running these days but am determined to get under 3hours 30 for a road marathon and am running London. However I am running an Ultra in March and think London will be too much. I am thinking of deferring London and doing something later in the year.
    The question I have is Chester a fast course?

It's not as fast as London Claire, there are some long drags and a short sharp hill at the end, plus a grass start and finish, but I would think you could bag 3:30 there as well as anywhere else.

The locals are a bit dodgy though.

• Thanks Mr P, knew I could rely on you to reply,how are you?

Managed 21 miles in Hope, Derbyshire today, climbing Mount Tor, so hard!

How are you?
  • Are you from Chester Mr P ?

• Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm in. I've just paid my entry, so there's no turning back now. Bring it on!!
  • Nice one steve, just watch out for the hill at mile 24!
  • I am very well thanks Claire we will have to resurrect our thread eh?

I live not far from Chester Ashman

• Did my first run in four months yesterday. 4 miles in 40 mins. Not bad for a start
  • Mr Puffy i'm from Ellesmere Port mate !

12 miles this morning was going to do it on the roads but it was far to slippy so went the gym instead.