Options

P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• Options

chickadee, identical trainers to me, I do all my training in Fastwitches and all my races in Kinvara 3s.  Great shoes, never had an issue.  You can pick up the Fastwitches quite cheap also.

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Men great running well on for tha PB image

15West enjoy your trip down south.

JF50 snap last 22 tomorrow image

NN hope you plan B image

Fiona well done on your 22 mile run and everything pointing towards a PB image

Ten keep well.

Hill run done this morning 8 miles lots of snow still at the top, last 22 tomorrowimage have a great weekend everyone.

• Options
    We are nearly there everyone.

Had an amazing 23 miler this morning in sunny (and less cold) conditions. Intention was to run easy and stay out for 3 hours. But I ended up doing the 23 at sub 7 pace, and it felt easy ish throughout. Massive confidence boost. Am now looking forward to eating more and running less for the next few weeks. Fingers crossed on staying injury free.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter and makes the most of the milder (ish) weather.
  • Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Fiona - thanks. I like the positive spin image

NP - good run.  The snow round here has pretty much gone.  The was one patch of sheet ice on the parkrun this morning, but other than that it was great weather for running.

Chris - well done - looks like you are well prepared going into your taper!

This morning I ran the parkrun 5k as a tune-up race.  I had predicted 23:59 (for Jantastic) based on my recent HM result - my PB was 24:24.  I left my garmin set to miles, because I'm used to targeting 7:43 pace during my threshold runs.  They had a 24:00 pacer, which was handy, though I knew he was going faster than that pace after the first mile.  My mile splits (according to garmin) were:

7:41/7:25/7:28

Official time:  23:32   PB by 52 seconds! image

My results are all getting nicely lined-up now.  Only the marathon remains that is out of kilter, and I have two weeks left to try to rectify that!  Positive vibes.... positive vibes...... breathe..... breathe.

I followed the parkrun with another six miles, and ran two of the miles at marathon pace.  I thought this was within the spirit of the schedule image

• Options

Massive PB Ten. You should be chuffed. The training has clearly had a great benefit for your speed and endurance. Great stuff. Everything is now crossed for the taper period!

• Options

Great PB Ten, all the other distances getting lined up so just the M to include now, the schedule seems to have worked well to now, no need to doubt the final bit.

Great running Chris, as you say a great confidence booster.

NP enjoy your last big one.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Congrats to Ten and Craig on the PBs and well done to everyone who's done long runs, though I do think it is a bit sneaky getting them in before Sunday so you can gloat about tapering while SOME of us have still got to do them.

Chris, would you really eat more while running less? Only I was just thinking I'd have to stop eating my body weight in flapjacks once I cut back on the training.

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Thanks guys.  I was having doubts about whether to run 16m tomorrow with only two weeks to go, thinking it sounded a bit long compared to other schedules.  However, this is a reminder that P&D are the experts - not me.  Faith is rekindled and I'll be out there early tomorrow, whatever the weather.

Enjoy your last run before the taper peeps!

• Options
    Lit - I was thinking the same thing about the eating. I'll be like the side of a house I I eat the same and run lessimage
  • Options

Lit, I am very lucky (for running purposes, not so great for playing rugby) in that I can pretty much eat what I want and never go above 9 stone soaking wet. I have been the exact same weight since I was 16. I think its programmed into me. I'll probably do some weights over the taper though so I look slightly less weedy in my vest on race day!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Bloody hell, I don't weigh much less than that and I'm only 5'4. *munches on flapjack*...

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Chris - you'll have to run in one of those Batman muscle suits image  At least it wouldn't be out of place in the VLM.

Lit - there's not *that* much mileage reduction in the first week of the taper.  Maintaining weight in the last couple of weeks might be a bit interesting, though.

• Options
    Unfortunately I'm 5'10. I won't be getting a call up to play rugby any time soon. Just had a lovely 'recovery' fish and chips.
  • Options

TEN awesome pb for that park run well do indeed, never raced a 5k myself EVER ! have a good long run tomorrow,
    CHRIS  nice 23 miler image flipping eck you must be skinny !! ? I am 6 lbs heavier than that at 5.6

Well I AM NOW OFFICAILLY TAPERING !!!!!!!plan B executed 21.5 miles in 3.14 HR a steady 75% of max al done after just 3 hours sleep !! dead chuffed, felt like I could have done the full 26.2

only down side is I have to work tonight,at least the cocks go forward so an hour less to work

• Options

NN great run and another early taper, well apart from having to work tonight. 

The cocks go forward, you nurses are incorrigibleimage

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Chris J77 wrote (see)
    Unfortunately I'm 5'10. I won't be getting a call up to play rugby any time soon. Just had a lovely 'recovery' fish and chips.

My latest batch of 'recovery' flapjacks is in the oven. If I keep it up perhaps there is a place in women's rugby for me. image

• Options
    JF50 wrote (see)

NN great run and another early taper, well apart from having to work tonight. 

The cocks go forward, you nurses are incorrigibleimage

ooooops lol..(often happens during bed baths )imageimage

• Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Thanks NN, and well done on the great run.  You'll soon be wishing you weren't tapering, though image

JF50 - image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

NN, you often lol during bed baths? How demoralising!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

PS: well done on joining the smug 'I'm tapering already' brigade,

• Options
    I like to think of it as 'athletic' build. Ha.

I'll be watching out for the cocks tonight!
  • Options
    literatin wrote (see)

NN, you often lol during bed baths? How demoralising!

I have dug myself a very deep hole haven't I image

Yes feeling smug now but as Ten says give it a few days and I will be moaning about feeling fat and lazy 

Chris yes, you are  true long distance runners build no wonder you are so flippin fast

• Options
    Chris - good grief no wonder you're so speedy I weigh about three quarters of a stone more than you and I'm only 5'7.

NN - well done on getting to the taper. Good time for the run too on that little sleep. I can't function on that little. I used to really struggled with in call and night shift. Bad news that you're back at work tonight.
  • Options

I'm 6 foot 1 and weigh 76.5 kilos, it never seems to go up or down and I tend to eat quite a lot, but burning so many calories I have to keep it going in, decent healthy food though, hardly drink, not much processed stuff.

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Chris that's great running and your well on for that sub 3 hrs image

Ten that's a fantastic PB your well on track with two weeks to go image

NN that's a great run on little rest or sleep enjoy your taper image

LOL at the cocks going forward

Lit enjoy your last long run image

Everything ready for 22 tomorrow image
  • Options
    TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

Cheers NP.

Time to get ready for my 16m LR.  I'm tapering, don't you know? image

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Lol breakfast done and waiting for it to settle before heading out the door for my last 22 image
  • Options
    NP, Good luck with the 22 miles, I'm getting ready to do the same this morning. Can't believe how fast the last few months have gone.

Ten, well done on the pb, you must be raring to go now!

Chris, that's a great long run again, I'm sure you'll be comfortably under 3 hours. If you don't then I certainly won't because you're well quicker than me.

NN, congratulations on the long run, enjoy your taper!

Glad someone mentioned weight because I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm a few pounds heavier than I wanted so I might have to lay off the Easter eggs!

I reckon ill be one of the lightest on here, my race weight is 8 stone, but I'm only 5.3!
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Not sure whether I'm running my last long run today or tomorrow yet. Depends on family, most of who are still in bed.

Ten - well done on the pb.

Fiona, Chris, NN - nice running.

NP - enjoy.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

I'm 5ft 9 ... but I'm so not disclosing my weight image

You fast boys are proper race whippets image