Options

Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Options

Long run done. 10miles with a bit of z4 (I know, I know)image but training for a half marathon as well and feel underprepared.

Rest tomorrow and long bike Sunday.

• Options
    My longest bike ever today. Wife was out shopping so 45 hilly miles in 3hrs dead. All low Z2 and felt really steady. Very satisfying considering previous longest ride was 2 hours. Off to the pool soon image

Keep at it people!
  • Options

slokey Jioe..good pace there for low heart rate...image

• Options
    I'm off to the pool tonight. First swim in ages. In really nervous. I have a feeling the coach will try and kill me image
  • Options

keep hitting those swims seren......
    If you are swim fit, then you might not be that much quicker but you will get out the swim without it taking much out of you, (ie you essentially cruise around it)

You will see the difference in the marathon as you have not knacked your self out in the first 90 mins.... so you can keep running 90 minutes longer......

you never know... you might start enjoying it too!

• Options

2km in teh pool done at masters, so different session to Finks.

Good God it was hard work! I think I need to swim far more often. I think the last proper swimming I did was November.

Now I cant decide if I want to eat sleep or die.

Please tell me it gets easier (quicker would also be nice)

Parkrun in the morning, then long bike and long run Sunday

• Options
    Matt, I managed my 2.5k swim (46min) last night needing only an additional 11minutes over my typical 1500 time 3 months ago (35min) and felt like I could have kept going and going. So yes, it definitely gets easier and faster. Not sure whether the drills, the reps or the consistency has made the difference but I suspect it's a combination of all three. Good luck in the parkrun.

Seren, I'm finding that the legs are the limiting factor rather than my ticker. Expect they'll toughen up a bit over the next few weeks
  • Options
    SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭

long bike? done  managed 40 on the turbo. third bike session of the year !

needs to be double that and the quality is in need of focus.

might have to hit the road to get the legs working !

• Options
    Parkrun done. Pretty much top end of z2 but kept straying into z3. Found it really hard to keep it down, not sure if it was the cold or seeing loads of club members just in front of me.

I think it's going to be 1 week z2 1 week balls out.

Need to get long bike in later on.

Run tomorrow, and I've managed a full week bar 1 swim.

I might look at the 'get round' plan for swimming for a couple of weeks
  • Options

what a miserable morning in south wales........park run done for me.

glad i crammed most of my training into the first part of the wek as i wouldn't want to cycle out today,.foggy, wet and windy.....i ignore my heart rate zone for the odd race and just keep to the low zones for the rest of the time...........no point in doing a race if i'm going to walk it.......image

hope the weather is better for you matt for the bike ride.....i'm hoping tomorrow is better here

• Options
    After a strange HR glitch on Thursday when I couldn't run more than a few yards without my HR soaring (z6 sometimes!!) today's long run was fine, in fact had to push a bit to shift up from z1 at times.

The only difference was a thicker base layer and gloves, it would seem

I like the last session of the week being a run - I love running image
  • Options
    Britrisky, Sounds like your HRM is on the blink - have you changed the batteries recently?

Glorious crisp sunny day up here in the lakes - off out for offroad run in a mo
  • Options

Bike done ,god I've got some work to do there, this is my weakest discipline not that I'm very hot on ther others LOL.  Run tomorrow but will have to be early as Hubby has XC and its a club event. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guy's.

Oh  and it was ruddy cold out there so wrap up I thought my feet were going to fall off.

• Options
    Britrisky - just had the same problem with my HRM. Had me at 201bpm when just jogging. I think that the cold weather = lack of sweat = poor contact with sensors. I licked the back of mine (mmm salty) and it was fine after that.
  • Options
    Pixie, 6.4miles in 31 minutes !!!!
  • Options

I miss running.  Going into fourth week of tendonitis/plantar fasciitis and it's still shite. Trying to remain positive and doing every run session on the cross trainer or in the pool with the aqua belt, but nothing can replace running image

• Options
    Lick it? No, didn't try that ... Change battery? Both really helpful tips I hadn't thought about. Will try that if it happens again. Just relieved that I haven't developed some debilitating heart condition overnight!!

Hang in there, LB - Mo Farah did loads of aqua running, and all that cross training work will really keep in with the schedule. Sounds like you're doing all the right things ...
  • Options
    Two hour cycle done today. Weather not too bad considering the forecast. Definitely need to keep practising these hills!!
  • Options
    LB, I know how you feel. I'm just coming back after 13 weeks off running due to PF and the foot's still not right tbh. 30 mins today then had the foot buried in my favourite bag of frozen peas. Have you been rolling your foot on an ice bottle, stretching calves, hammies, hip flexors? They all seem to help a bit but it seems to take ages to make any progress at all. It would be nice to have a magic bullet treatment.
  • Options

if you can still cycle and swim........then don't panic.......the running is the least important on the day..........be strong on the other two and you will mentally get yourself  to run/walk the marathon

• Options

Rest day for me and had a little napimage

• Options
    Britrisky wrote (see)
    Lick it? No, didn't try that ... Change battery? Both really helpful tips I hadn't thought about. Will try that if it happens again. Just relieved that I haven't developed some debilitating heart condition overnight!!

Hang in there, LB - Mo Farah did loads of aqua running, and all that cross training work will really keep in with the schedule. Sounds like you're doing all the right things ...

I have had loads of issues with my HRM have dumped my Garmin twice and changed the batteries somebody recommended conductive gel to me and it has worked a treat and readings now seem accurate rather than suggesting I am either mega fit or dead

• Options
    You guys are ace. Thanks for the much needed reassurance image
  • Options

I've just been reading Fink again and looking at the swimming drills. I normally just get in and do an hours zombie swim and whilst I've definitely got faster I have decided I should be doing what I'm told toimage so it seems to me I need some fins. Do others use them and if so which ones and what size fins?

• Options
    H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

I got the size that fits my feet image

Sorry, not very helpful am i?. I dont use them very often only when the tri club get us drilling in them, I find i tend to cramp when wearing them but that may be more to do with its always straight after a hard run session.

I should probably do drills more often too, but prefer to just swim when I go on my own to pool.

• Options
    H0NK wrote (see)

I got the size that fits my feet image

That's a good place to startimage

But other than that I meant what size fin bit not shoe bit if that makes senseimage