Options

Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Options
    IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)

I loved the DIY ha;f yesterday.bike was tough as i was pushing it and so the run felt harder than it should have.......

Seren, you looked completely fresh and relaxed when you overtook me at lightening speed on the bike! I wish I had that in me. 

Blasted achilles still sore, but did have the sense not to push off the wall this time in swim.

• Options

K9.seems like you are doing better than most of us.......but then again we all do it for different reasons........I believe for you a finish is not want you want.you want a decent time which is a different target ......

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

Not realy seren...I probably just want to finish it...but in a time which is as good as I can manage on the day - I'm not fast, just belligerent.

My reservations come from having not run 'properly' now for years and not wanting to embark on an event that leaves me injured for months!

Im so belligerent I will almost certainly finish if I start (assuming mechanical failures on bike don't prevent me) even if I ow I'm injuring myself in the process

• Options

if its your  first IM i would not worry about chasing a time its added stress just focus on completing u can always "race" the next one 

In my experience its much harder to injure yourself in IM than a stsnd alone mara as u are nice and warmed up from the bike and you will be running a lot slower and probably walking a bit i have always been a lot sorer after a standalone marathon

• Options

That's my paln RBM, finish this year, race next year

4 miles run tonight, couldn't face any firther after the DIY half on saturday.

Back to it tomorrow, if I can find somewhere to do something

• Options

Following 2 days rest after the DIY Half on Saturday. 14k on the treadmill over lunch hour and then an hour on the bike chasing the sun as it set tonight. After the little bit of wind we had at the DIY, I am forcing myself onto the road for as many sessions as possible instead of wussing out and opting for the turbo.

Honk, Pork Pies? You kept that one quiet. Question is where did you keep the mustard?

EP, chin up. You might not feel like you are where you want to be but you have put a lot of training in over the last 21 weeks. Reset your goal and make the next 9 count and we will all see you at HPP

• Options
    TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

EP - hang in there and dont quit, you have put too much into the training to jack it all in now.

For what its worth my swimming is still rubbish and I am fearing not even finishing that part, cycling just getting over 14mph now on 60m plus rides a little bit hillier than Outlaw and run (well walk) after my own HIM at weekend just gets me inside a 6hour marathon.

But I have trained bloody hard just like you and I will be at the start and see what I can come up with on the day, just like you will.image

• Options

TJ great attitude image

EP 4:30? great sfuff image

• Options
    PSCPSC ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PSCPSC ✭✭✭

Hang in there folks!  It sounds odd but are you getting negative because you are tired. Relax for a day or two... Do what you love most for 45 mins as active recovery if you  must, but sleep well and arise rejuvenated. 

As for bike speed, I reckon you can add about 2 mph on the bike on race day. So a 14 mph training ride is doing ok. 

Chin up image

• Options
    PSCPSC ✭✭✭

image then you will be within the time I believe.  

• Options

Dont forget Outlaw is alsoa pretty fast course fairly flattish rolling bike and pancake flat run so that should help your average speeds keep plugging away folks image

• Options

What a brilliant recovery program image

• Options

RBM - was down your way this weekend staying with my mum on the north coast - flippin' eck the hills are relentless when you're on your bike arent; they ? image  i lived down there for many years, but it was still a surprise *just* how hilly it is image

• Options

Fraggle i love Cornwall I have been here 30 odd years now and love the hills  i amin South East Cornwall next time you are down if you fancy a swim or ride give us xa shout we have regular group training every weekend image

• Options

may well do - no doubt I'll be down in the summer, will have a natter with you at the outlaw feedstation image

• Options
  • Options

Feeling a tad jealous with all this cycling going on the ribs still hurt like hell so no training other than lots of walking. 

• Options

RP, don't be. I went out tonight for my brick set and got caught out on a wuick decent by a hail storm shower. Effin' HAILSTONES! It hurt so much.

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

2nd OW swim done and dusted, went better than the first one but a long way to go yet. 1000 meters is only 1.4 of what I need to be covering!

Neck is killing me again today, too much craning my head around trying to figure out where the heck I was and where I needed to go! Think I  need a LOT of help sighting, it's a good job outlaw swim is straight and narrow.

• Options

Ali you cant get lost trust me image

• Options

Ribs X-rays, all intact end just  bruising, still hurs like he'll but there is hope!  Maybe I will be towing the line of a sprint tri on Sunday

• Options

That's good news, RP - knowing you you'll PB again Sunday image