Options

Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• Options

M..eface.    It's taper madness. Really someone should have answered your question. With my wealth of a camping experience I would suggest v shaped titanium pegs to go with long grass. Worth the extra money as time saving Therefore more rest so you'll be 25 mins quicker overallimageimage

• Options

Why does it feel like I'm still doing loads of training? The long runs / rides have tapered off but the rest of my week still feels pretty full on - is anyone doing less than Fink suggests?

• Options

I am Brit.  Enough to keep me ticking over. Lazy cow image

• Options

Brit - I haven't even looked at finks book for over 2 months so I've no ideaimage

• Options
    Britrisky wrote (see)

Why does it feel like I'm still doing loads of training? The long runs / rides have tapered off but the rest of my week still feels pretty full on - is anyone doing less than Fink suggests?

I feel the same way, I feel tired at the moment, I'm hoping next weeks light week will leave me feeling rested.

• Options

britsky.I have done nothing for the last 3 days.......i always taper big timeimage

i will have  adip in the taff this afternoon though,,nothing much....might have a run later and will probably have a bike ride sunday......I am busy at the moment with other life things though

• Options

im doing less than a "sprint training, get you round " plan image

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭
    m..eface wrote (see)

Thanks for all the help.

Will ensure I use the ladies showers at camsite then. image
    With a bit of luck might bumpt into Hope in there. image
    No Crocs
    KitKat it is - 5-finger limited edition (Hope?)

No help with the pegs then? You lot are fecking useless

So I forgot that bit, flat ground mown to about 1 inch high grass, was perfect for tent pegs at the half as you basic straight ones just pushed in and stayed in easiest pitch so far for us.

Oh and I'm struggling to hit the 10hrs Fink wants this week, I'm too tired. Managed my furthest swim so far though 3600m last night even with my mind being a complete chimp for the first 1800, the mental battle was more knackering than the swimming bit.

• Options

I might have a few days totally off now, before next weeks light training, see if that kick drivers the taper, or should i be feeling shattered?

• Options

Badger if you have got it spot on after a few days taper you should be climbing the wall's wanting to get out there and swim/bike/run. If you have a dvd boxset or if there is a room in the house that needs painting now is the time. image Just don't do anything daft and injure yourself.

• Options

Thanks Cake, I'm going to rest on Sat, Sun and Mon i think doing just a gentle 1/2 hour run tues, bike wed and swim thurs.

• Options

Just keep your muslces lose with some stuff without doing much or we will set caz on you. image

• Options

I have done a SRB today. 

That's Staggered Reverse Brick

It goes like this:

1 hour steady run this morning; get home, have coffee and flapjack; have more flapjack; potter; faff; potter; have lunch; take wee person to nursery; 35 very rainy mins on bike

• Options

image Nursey looking good then. image it's not possible to under train at this point but you can overtrain. Take it easy please or will have to drink that single malt all by my self. image

• Options

Oooooooooh I think not Mr Cake

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

I've got hideous sciatica so doing excepwas swimming at the moment.

Fingers crossed it subsides enough to get to the start (and finish)

Outlaw on one good leg?!

Will pester for an MRI back after the event...

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

Excepwas?

Where did that come from little iPad??

• Options

In my experience all this tiredness when you taper is mental, your brain knows you plan to do something  really stupid to your body soon so it:-

A)  makes you feel tired so you rest and hopefully conserve energy to get the body through the really stupid thing

B) it will make you feel I'll , colds, shivers etc in the hope that you think you are not well enough to go through with the really stupid thing

All this will magically disappear race morningimage keep tapering and do not do nowt daft

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

Will the sciatica disappear too??

I hope so

• Options

Taper Madness - not to be confused with a mad tapir

• Options

Glad others are shattered too (suffering in isolation is never fun). Dumped last night's bike session and woke up feeling guilty so heading out now for a 45min run.

EP = Damn you getting my hopes up for weather like that on the day! I have purposefully avoided the long range forecast to avoid bad news or get my hopes up. It felt like the Likely Lads episode where they were trying to avoid the result!

• Options

You guys will be champing at the bit race day ready to tear someone's arms off if they try to stop you doing some serious exercise imageimage

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

RBM Thanks for posting

Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

In my experience all this tiredness when you taper is mental, your brain knows you plan to do something  really stupid to your body soon so it:-

A)  makes you feel tired so you rest and hopefully conserve energy to get the body through the really stupid thing

B) it will make you feel I'll , colds, shivers etc in the hope that you think you are not well enough to go through with the really stupid thing

All this will magically disappear race morningimage keep tapering and do not do nowt daft

This is exactly how I feel at the moment, I just keep telling myself its OK and normal!
    Hubby is now worried that I'm not doing ENOUGH training, talk about turnaround and poor chap is still wrong, it's too late now!

• Options

That's one of the reasons that I like to keep the frequency of training and increase intensity a little whilst decreasing the volume in the taper - keeps the body guessing!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.