Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options

Happy Christmas everyone.

rest day with family today. Don't think I could run after that Christmas dinner whatever!

swim planned for tomorrow morning thoimage

• Options

Evening and merry chirstmas everyone

So pleased to see I am not the only mad one running today I must show friends and family this thread , so they realise I am not a
    total nutter (or not the only nutter, however you look at it )
    Nice Christmas day running Tek MG1 NP Fiona and SM6
    OH have a good swim tomorrow

I was up at 6 am this morning we had my 2 year old grandson sleeping over a real treat to have him on Christmas morning image
    he went home to mum before lunch, we had earlyish lunch then while the others were laying around stuffed I went for my run, working tonight
    so cant drink anyway image

13 miles MLR @9.10s ...1 HOUR 59
    getting ready for work now

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

---------

NN,

Hope last night's shift was quiet.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stuart nice Xmas day 5m image

MG super 14m yesterday !

Fiona well done on yesterday's double

NP well done on the hilly 7m

OH hope you enjoyed the day off, and have fun on today's swimimage

NN that was a great MLR in the middle of a busy dayimage

HM thanks

---

Boxing Day Club Cross Country 10k this morning.  I had planned to jog round at the back, as the route is very muddy with some killer hills, but that quickly went out the window.  HR hit 203 on the sprint home!

• Options

NN Well done on the running hope it was quiet for you last night.

OH hope the swim went ok, still think your madimage

Teknik great day for a 10k won't hurt to push the HR a little.

Out this morning for the first of two runs so a steady 5 miles with my mate bagged, anyone having trouble getting runs uploaded to Fetch? or is it just me? Out again later for 4 miles recovery run.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

NP nice steady 5.  Re Fetch, the plug-in doesn't work on Internet Explorer anymore - try using Chrome or Firefox?

• Options

Thanks Teknik updated the plugin and it's working againimage so was able to upload the last three runs.

• Options

Most folk think I'm mad too, NP but 3 of us in the water today at Halley, another of our group went solo on the west side.  

There was also a mass charity dip at Scapa apparently attended by  about 200 entrants (too crowded for us image )

probably ought to have got out for run too as now on call over weekend but fire lit and cozy inside ...image

well done on your commitment NN, Tek and NP image

• Options

OH - Well done on the swimming.

NP - Nice running earlier

Tek - Well done on the XC. The end looked pretty tough! Not surprised your HR got so high.

NN - Nice MLR yesterday

Fiona - Nice couple of runs yesterday, as well as this morningimage

MG - Good work on such a long Xmas run!

---------------

12.5 miles for me this afternoon. Not too bad, but legs were complaining a wee bit towards the end.

• Options

Got a few faster miles on the treadmill yesterday afternoon before eating my weight in turkey/puddings/chocolate! image

Nice double NP. image

OH the cosy fireside sounds nice, especially after an OW swim - brrr! 

NN well done getting a decent run in before work on Xmas day too! image

Teknik that sounds like a really tough run, impressive HR! Thanks for the tip, got my garmin talking to Fetch again! image

Stuart that's another decent run.

4m easy for me this morning and just finished a short interval session on the treadmill. 

F

• Options

Great running Fiona and a nice double yourself, I know what you mean about all the eating I think the OH is trying to make me explode by over eatingimage.

SM6 great 12 banked well done sir.

OH great swimming, I ran along the sea front twice today and there is no way you would get me going for a dip.... BBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Your a true Ironman.

Well second run of the day done and starting to get back into the swing of it, but still not to mention the h*p word image Will have a rest day tomorrow so going to get back into the pool image

• Options

swimming, running, MLRs, LSRs, XCs, blimey! well done folks!

Just a fair lot of food, mostly snack chocolate and sweets for me, so MFP predicting I'll add half a pound to my frame in the morning. I thought about trying to emulate the national average, 8,000 calories on Christmas Day, then decided I'm still not a chav slob and would rather not puke it all up in the middle of the night.

Two days of not running though; maybe an LSR after work tomorrow.

Have fun guys 'n' girls, be good!

• Options

NN, well done with the Christmas MLR 

Fiona, some good festive treadmill runs but is was a lovely day out today such a contrast from the previous 48 hrs

NP, another good double day, enjoy the swim tomorrow

Tek, a fast finish to your club 10k, haven't used ie in years much prefer chrome

impressive swimming again don't blame you about missing the run the cosy fire and a glass of red would always win

SM, another great run I'm sure the legs will be fine np would definitely recommend a cold bath too sort out those pins

-------------------------------------

after a major carb loading exercise on Turkey and trimmings and a bottle of wine yesterday I thought it was prudent to get out for a MLR today, 14 miles at an easy pace in the winter sunshine then it was off on the rounds to drop of prezzies to the family

i hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas image

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

OH the cozy fire sounded niceimage

Stuart very well done on getting out for the 12.5 MLR

Fiona well done on the easy / intervals double day

NP enjoy the pool session

IJ good luck on the LSR today

Stewart great MLR from you tooimage

---

Just an easy 3m recovery this morning (once the rain had stopped).

• Options

Tek, glad you managed to avoid the rain, well done with the easy 3

---------------------

Just over 9 miles this morning with 4@LT a good run in near perfect conditions, even if it was a little slippery underfoot in places, splits for tempo section

8:10,8:15,8:12,8:14, I'm happy enough with that

• Options

Enjoy the swim NP. image

IJ 8000kcal is the average?!? I know I eat a lot but that would take a real effort.

Stewart that is two quality days in a row, nice tempo. I met the girls up at Bannatynes at 9:30am and no frost on that side of town thank goodness!

Teknik nice timing with the rain.

Met the girls and did 9.3 miles easy but it felt tough. Legs really heavy. It's all miles in the bank tho'. image Now to hoover the car, washed it yesterday. image

F

• Options

SC nice MLR yesterday and LT run today ditto what Fiona said good two days runningimage

Teknik nice recovery run, pity about the rain, Ive a fence to fix that has blown over in the gale....gggrrrrrr.

Fiona great running again, you got the gales as well?

32x25m front crawl, breathing all over the place but it's a start. image

• Options
    SM well done on your 12.5 yesterday

Tek nice little 3

NP good effort on the swimming image

Fiona well done on your 9.3 with the girls, enjoy the hovering image

Stewart nice run earlier with a good pace for the 4 LT

Gym session yesterday and 7 m steady @ 8.37 this morning ,the stormy conditions are back image
  • Options

MG - Nice couple of training sessions. Looks like the time off work is going to good use!

NP - Nice swimming

Fiona - Well done on toughing the 9 miles out.

Stewart - That's a nice LT pace, you've put in a number of solid runs this week!image

Tek - Well done on the short one.

IJ - 8000kcal seems a huge amount, can't be right? Even with the over indulging on beer and chocolate I doubt I could consume that. And I eat a hell of a lot at the best of times...

---------------

Squats, deadlifts and half a mile in the pool. Swim was terrible as my left leg kept on cramping up. Glad I'm not running today!

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

Back to work for me today and working tomorrow.  However hoping to get out for a run on Sunday.  Is next year's thread up yet?

• Options

Breezy here NP but we weren't as badly hit this time round. Raining now and sitting here looking at some snow on the hills, only about 400m. image

MG1 I hope you get better conditions today.

Stuart more impressive cross training. Our leisure centre closed on 22nd Dec and reopens around 6th (?) Jan so it's a pain that I can't do a few weights.

HM4 hopefully you'll get out tomorrow.

A tempo run for me on the treadmill this morning - 6.7 miles in total with 5 around 7mm pace. Now for some long overdue housework. image

F

• Options

8000 cal did seem a high value - it's about what I have a week, after taking off running! but then, we're not the average over-eating "chav-potatoes" are we?!

Yesterday's LSR was a very slow effort, and just 8 miles. Got me out there though. Parkrun this morning was faster, but still nearly 90 seconds slower than last week. The course was a bit icy and my legs just wouldn't move. Oh well!

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stewart nice tempo running yesterday

Fiona good running with the girls yesterday, and well done on the treddie tempo today

NP good swim session: I've got a few gale repairs to do here, tooimage

MG well done on the gym and steady 7m

Stuart nice gym and swim - hope the legs better todayimage

HM hope you get out Sundayimage

IJ well done on the 8m and parkrun

---

Just under 9m for me this morning - 3m on my own and then a club run - very busy, as I guess marathon training has started!  LSR of 18 booked for tomorrow...

• Options

SM6 nice swimming after squats, hope you got rid of the cramp.

MG1 nice gym session and run, I'm looking forward to getting back into the gym come Janimage

Tek nice 9 miles and a 18 planned for tomorrowimage

IJ Nice two days running, lots of ice here as well this morning.

Fiona great treadmill session, very very windy here over the past 48 hrs, five sections of fence down on one side of the garden, fence posts rotten so will need to replace them allimage Did about 5.5 miles on the forest trail this morning never seen so many trees down must have been very bad up there.

• Options

HM - Hope you manage to get out tomorrow.

Fiona - Nice quick run, you've been knocking in a lot of good quick runs recently.

IJ - Well done on the 8 and parkrun

Tek - Nice running this morning, good luck with the long one tomorrow.

----------

Upper body weights and half mile swim this afternoon. Should have been at parkrun, but couldn't find a barcode and my printer is gubbed. I'll get out for a run later.

• Options
    SM good effort on the cross training

Fiona nice tempo work, enjoy the cleaning not !

IC good couple of runs there.

Tek good 9, yes saw plenty of runners out today as well, have a good LR

NP nice forest run, sounds like you are going to be busy repairing your fence!

18.5 m @ 8.40 , cold and a bit frosty to start with but nice to have some winter sunshine and Iight winds, 55 m for the week which has hopefully balanced out the extra calories image A bit early to be running that sort of mileage in the plan but legs feel okay image
  • Options

Fiona, some good runs over the last couple of days, hope there wasn't too much housework to do

IJ, well done with the parkrun and the 8 mile run

Tek another good run with the club, enjoy the 18 tomorrow

NP, looks like you're going to be busy building a new fence, well done with the 5 in the woods, must have been a tricky running with all the fallen trees

SM well done with the swim and weights, hope the run later goes well

MG, great long run and totals for the week, 

------------------------------------------

5 mile recovery run today @75% the legs are feeling better now 18 tomorrow should be fun image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Well done guys.

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    Good running folks and nice to see you back in the groove NP.

Nil miles here for over a week which was a planned rest before starting up P&D again next Tuesday. Think I earned it though getting 3 x 20 in before the Xmas break. Turned out quite well with the rubbish weather and having a bit of a dodgy tum ... over indulgence no doubt image

HNY all image
  • Options

Mace, all the best for the new year too, that is an impressive number of 20 mile runs to get in before January, enjoy the break, you'll be fresh and raring to go in the new year image

HM, how did the run go today

----------------

Not long back from my long run, 18 miles on a mixture of Tarmac and trail, took in part of the Great Glen Way I just had to stop and take in the view at around 8 miles, stunning!

Huge week for me 65 miles in total looking forward to my rest day tomorrow image