Options

2013 Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    You sure your names not the Black Mace? Great photos Mace, like the colour coordinating even down to the socks and trainers you sure your not a Goth?
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

Stewart you can push the mileage so long as you take things easy - else do the 55m plan but use the 70m long run schedule...?

Stuart hope you get out but take it easy

Fiona nice 4m and glad the hamstring is holding upimage

Jason LoL that was some gale!  Well done on the 8m.

HM hiimage

NP glad the calf is better and lol at mace the goth

Sophie welcome and good luck

mace LOL great piccieimage

===

6.55m hill work with the club this morning, all fine but very breezy here.

• Options

Good photos black mace

Welcome Sophie - hope all goes well on Sunday

- stick around
    (but now you're here you'll have to submit a race report next weekimage )

• Options
    Sophie don't forget to take photo id to excel- cant register without it
  • Options

Thanks guys. I get my timing tag there too right? And I will deffo report back.

• Options

Fiona-I'm Green start tooimage

• Options
    Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Good I'll not be alone BR! image So you and Sophie both have to pop back in here after VLM and join in! image

Nice run Teknik; looks like you're the only one doing any running around here!

Must check the photos out mace.

Looking forward to meeting fellow threaders for coffee and cakes on Saturday. image

Safe travels everyone.

F

• Options
    Nice photos Mace, ( the man in black ) image my race photos are not available yet but will post a link so everyone can have a chuckle image

Legs feel well recovered now so off to my training session in the gym, been away with work the last two days so have done nothing except eat too much image so back to it again.

Looking at 9 or 10 m on Saturday to really get back into it image)

Well done Tek on getting out

You VLM guys must be getting pretty excited, I know I would be - hopefully next year.
  • Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    Mace do you deliver milk trayimage

Teknik nice running mate

Welcome to the new peeps.

Fiona like you looking forward to tea and cake and meeting up with everyone .

Just waiting for my running buddy then out for 4 very easy miles image
  • Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Sophie,

Good luck for Sunday.  Is this your first?

Tek,

Hi.

------------

Well done on everyone's training.  No running for me today despite having the day off.  It was taken up with watching Princess Anne landing in the field at the back of where we live and attempting to get photos of her which I failed at miserably.  Although I do have some photos of the helicopter and her lady in waiting.

• Options

HM - Any particular reason for her landing in a field?

NP - Enjoy the easy run.

MG - It'll be going going to knock out a 10 miler this weekend! Whats the plans now? Got a marathon planned for the autumn?

Tek - Nice run this morning

Mace  - Nice picturesimage

--------------

5k in 31.30 for me tonight. Legs still very heavy

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Brer- welcome over here, fellow Snodder!image

Mace- great pics image

6m recovery plod in 48.30 felt ridiculously easy image Off to finish packing now. 5m with 6x100 strides in the morning before the train and a 4m run with Parkrun in London on Saturday, and I'm good to goimageimage

• Options

Hello Jason, we get around a bit, don't we? 5 miles with dog in THE WIND..packed, unpacked, re-packed. Setting off for London Saturday morning ..and am now strangely very excitedimageimage

Have a good journey all, and have a fantastic race-bring it onimageimage

• Options
    SM6 well done on getting out earlier , my plan is the Jersey Marathon or half M in October, flights and hotels already booked just a case of entering which I told myself I would decide after last Sunday based on my performance and if I enjoyed it which I did although those last 6 miles were a battle.

I still have a long way to go so I guess I should get it entered and look forward, image what's your race plans???
  • Options

8 miles done tonight mainly with JS group.

Although it's not remotely on my to do list, I'm beginning to feel I'm left out of the party on Sundayimage Hope you guys all enjoy yourselves - you desrve it.

• Options
    TeknikTeknik ✭✭✭

MG hope your run goes ok tomorrow

NP enjoy the easy 4

HM Lol image

Stuart well done on slogging out the 5k

Jason nice plodding

Brer welcome

OH nice 8 miler

A reminder of the thread's big day on Sundayimage

21/04/13 Antwerp      Emmy
    21/04/13 VLM            No Pain, Jason D, Night Nurse, Fiona C, Johnas, Adam K, Sweatband, Sophie B, Brer R

• Options

MG - I keep changing my mind on what to do this autumn. But I think I'm going to do the Loch Ness marathon at the end of September. Hopefully get round this one under 4 hours...image

• Options
    SM6 sounds good, I am sure you will do it no problem with an injury free training build up
  • Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Jason nice running thats some taper sir image looking forward to meeting up.

SM6 Dont go made coming back.

brer have a good one yourself.

MG1 what sort of target time you got in mind for the half? I have one on 6th Aug image

OH you can always watch it in bed with your feet upimage

Teknik my 4 miles where good and felt relaxed and easy image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    NP- me too- might even have some cake after all image

Plan A for autumn marathon is just run Snowdonia fresh as it is yhe Welsh Masters Champs this year. Plan B - run a flat faster one first an do Snowdonia- worked ok for last 2 years with 3 weeks between maras- probably cost me 5 mins at Snowdon though....
  • Options
    NP think will go for the full in Jersey : ) but my PB ,for a half is 1.40 which was from last October I would like to think that I could take some off that , the Birmingham half is two weeks after jersey with them looking to get 18,000 runners, it's a good race with great support , what do you think is a realistic aim now for full and half times for me?
  • Options

Hi everyone, just got back from london and the Expo..went up with my brother, but I have deferred image, the ankle is just bothering me too much to think about running 26 miles on it, it would be foolish, I thought I could start then DNF if I had to but the more I thought about it decided thats not me, plus I cant do it for the sake of saying ;" I have run the london marathon"  and not do my best, either decision could leave me with an injury that takes longer to recover, its already been nearly 3 weeks with no running and I couldnt bare for it to turn inot 3 months..anyway hopefully will be recovered in time to pick up the 18 week schedule in just 6 weeks time  and start over again for Abingdon..imageimage 

off to bed now catch up properly tomorrow

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MG1- Best bet would be to get a 10k time over the summer before starting the training and work out a target pace from that

NN- That's tough luck, but I think a wise decision. No race is worth risking months out of action forimage

5m recovery with 6x100 strides for me- next run will be in St James' Park tomorrow morningimage 

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

(((NN)))

Sorry to hear that, however sounds like a good decision.

----------

Good luck to everyone racing on Sunday.

• Options

NN - Gutted to hear you've had to pull outimage But it sounds like the right decision. I'm sure you'll back fitter than ever for Abingdonimage

• Options
    No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭
    MG1 I would agree with Jason work in your speed before starting another marathon plan, aim in bringing you 5 and 10k times down or even try a sprint triathlon to mix it up a little.

NN I know what you must be going through as I had near on 7 weeks out last year with a stress fracture which happened the week before VLM think that's why this feels special this year.

Might have a jog round St James tomorrow myself Jason its with in walking distance of my hotel image
  • Options
    NP and Jason for the info, when would you start back on a M training plan if looking at a October Marathon?
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

Nurse - i'm gutted for you image but admire your sensible decision. The training isn't wasted and the risk isn't worth it.

MG - nice batch of photos mate and the first one, where it looks like you're near the finish ( the fingers are on their way up !! ) with kids running behind is a cracker. Well done again !!

Stewart/Stuart - hope you're recovering well

NP - of course, the lady loves milk tray image

jason - lol, i reckon my report took a good couple of hours in between watching some TV

Tek - i did a bit of stalking and found the video showing the 3:15 pacer crossing the line in 3:14:32 so pretty much as you say image I was also looking for a "backpack with big yellow flag" pacer but for some reason he just had a little yellow balloon.

Well after 4 days of gentle walking to and from work i did my first run as a marathoner image today. And it felt great, other than my quads grumbling a bit still image

2.4M @ 10:45 @ 61%