Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Flying visit busy at work.

Another 6.3 miles today so 13.7 for the week just 6.3 for my 100th consecutive week!!!

Speak later,

• Only on page 10?! Not at the top of the forum list? No comments since midday?

This isn't crac towers is it?! image

Hope everyone is well. I'm caning the overtime lately, but just thought I'd say hello. Hope everyone's having a good week.

• Hiya Matt

That's coz we are all busy working lol which means no mischief time

MC yep see how that goes for you on your 8miles It will give you a good idea of time Who knows by April you may be stronger and will still have did the training

AF well done How is the foot

Well done on everyone else who has fitted in a run
  • Yippee - another snow holiday tomorrow! No school! Still have work to do, mind you.

AF - well done on your run.

MC - Sounds like a good plan.

Hi Franny and Matt and all.

BFN x

• Franny-It's not perfect am seeing physio on Thursday so hopefully he can massage the aches old muscles.I have strapped in up when running.I had wanted to do a 15 mile run this week 4 my training,but, thought I would hold back a week or so until pain free!
  • JUde - you lucky womanimage

boss - be careful with your foot

• Hi Matt & Tom *waves* image

swim today. 50 lengths to get back into it after a few weeks off. Was going to run this eve but seem to be coming down with yet another sore throat! Having not had one all year this will be my third since the beginning of Dec! Not impressed image Have far too much work, study and training to do to be ill, even if it's only a little bit.

• * crashes through door*

Oooo sorry for being late is there any food left - I'm starving!!

Matty we are all soooo busy wiv work we arnt in here- well, I'm not busy at work coz I just file me nails, put me lippy on and dream about my next shopping trip but erm ahem:/

Brr cold in here can i put more logs on fire?....
  • chili - well done on your swim

Matt - how are you?? Yep, I am super busy at work - and got a student teacher starting tomorrow that I am mentoring so going to be mega-busy!

just done a really gentle turbo session, maybe too gentle, but better than nothing

• Howdy Beermatt!  Long time, no post - hope you're doing OK.

Bit worried about DJ: we haven't heard from him for a while.

I've decided to try and ditch sugary drinks by and large, and replace 'em with water.  It'll take willpower, but I'm good at that. image  I can still drink my tomato juice. image

• Evening all.

Hope all is well in CRAC Towers.

MC,Your idea of a walk/run marathon is a tried and tested method.If you practice this tactic properly and use it from the off in the marathon it can result in a fairly good time.To get the full performance adavantage,you will have to run the running bits faster than your current projected pace for a 100% running marathon,which is the idea of the tactic.The walking bit allows you to run the running bit faster.Generally the walk run ratio is 4 minutes running,to 1 minutes walking.Try looking at this site. http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/marathon.html

RR,good to see you planning your fitness career.Good luck with it.I have to admit i'm very tempted myself,as i would like to be able to coach as a career alongside my photography,and i'm quite interested in Nordic Walking,as it is a growth area.

Mum perked up a bit after her treatment was withdrawn,and it was nice to just spend some time holding her hand and chatting to her,even though she didn't really make any sense.But she is definately way too poorly to recover,and today was the first day she has been unreponsive all day.I think she is a couple of days from passing.At least it will be peaceful,and at least one of the family will be with her.I'm coping ok with it at the moment,but i'm very sad,and i will have to see how i cope when she goes.She has been the best Mum anyone could have,and i will miss her terribly.

In the end i didn't manage to go for a run.I will wait until things are more normal.I will always run in future,because my Mum was so proud of my running,and i will always feel close to her when i go on a long run.

• Morning all.

DJ - I've been thinking about you and hoping you have been able to spend some precious time with your mum.  I'm sure that she must appreciate your care and love so much. Please know that we are all here for you.

We had an earthquake here yesterday.  Apparently it was a 6.2 but I didn't even notice....Most people live in apartments here and I'm so grateful at times like these for living in a house.  Nobody was hurt, thank goodness.

Anyway, have a good day all.

• Dj - thanks for the link. We have all been thinking about you on here. Your mum is lucky to have such a good son and a loving family around her.

Jude, stay safe

• DJ-Thanks for the link.Good to here from you and as MC your mum is indeed lucky to have a good son and family around here. My thoughts are for all of your family at this difficult time. 

• Deejay (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) been thinking of you lots.Your mum indeed is lucky to have a lovely son like you.Hope you get to spend some peacefull time with her. Nice to know that you will be close to her when your out your running. Take Care xxxxxxx

AF...be carefull with your foot...mine still aches from time to time but I have got Mr Franny trained to massage it for me which really helps. he also bought me some sports massage lotion NAQI which is brill.

OOOooooo Jude an earthquake and you missed it ...lol..Enjoy snow day image

Hi By,eck,Chilli,Ecky,Loula,Louise,Matt,RR,Rocker,MC and all..............have a good day

7.13 miles for me this morning in an hour image Nice aand bright but chilleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Puppy walking duties call now....lol...speak later

• Morning!

DJ - I echo the sentiments of the others. Sending hugs and prayers and hope all is peaceful.

MC - yeah, walk/run works well and is often used in triathlon particularly.

I have my third sore throat since the beginning of Dec image So no long bike ride. I have a poorly daughter off school with headache/sore throat/high temperature too.

• Aw Chili...hope you and your daughter feel better soon. Roll on the spring and summer I say....image

• Hi all...

Chili sorry to hear you are feeling poorly - lots of vitamin C and zinc for athletes' immune systems which get battered by all the exercise.

Blimey Jude - an earthquake!  Does that happen often?

I went out for my test run yesterday, 2 kiometres nice and slow.  Don't seem to be any serious symptoms.  The odd twinge but I think I'm being hypersensitive cos my last injury took months and months to sort out.  3nd test run (3k) tomorrow.

• Louise

Well done on your test run...fingers crossed for tomorrows one.

Right I must get off this computer and get the housework done...................Byeeee

• Franny-I am taking it easy it feels better day by day- do want to do a long run within the next week. I will look into that massage. 7.1 miles in an hour that is speedy!!! 

Louise - well done on your run good luck for tomorrow.

Chilli-Hope that throat of yours gets better. 

• Moo was at the dietician today. I am reminding myself how much we love him.
  • by eck - how are you? are things ok?

louise - good to hear your run went well

chili - hope you don't end up with a rotten cold

• More things to exclude from his diet because he isn't putting on enough weight. He has now slipped off the bottom centile again.

Chili, I will send a virtual hug, is that ok?
  • Chili (((((hugs))))))) how abt some warming soup image

DJ ((((((hugs xxx)))))) you are doing the right thing spending your time with your mum. She will know you are there with her... Thinking of you at this time xx
  • by eck, sorry things are tough with moo, (((((hugs))))) from me

my student teacher is very enthusiastic, which is great, lovely guy so should be good fun mentoring himimage

• Awwwwww D.J, I know its a tough time for you. Just to let you know that we are here for you m8y. You are always there for us with a kind word and a song.((((((((hugs))))))). Your Mum will know that you are there too.

Chilli ((((((((((hugs)))))))) for you too and I hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone else is okay. My sorting out is not too bad at the moment but may get worse so popping on when I can.

• Evening

Ecky - hope everything is okay.... not sure what 'sorting out' refers to. If it's cupboards then please can you come and do mine?

Byeck - so sorry to hear about Moo. How are you holding up. I know last winter was very difficult for you all. Sending some hugs.

Throat very painful so no training today. Thank you for all your kind hugs and soup. Had to teach this eve, but with make up I didn't look too ill. Will see how tomorrow goes.

Franny - that sounds a great run!

• morning

chili - hope you are feeling better today

ecky - I am not sure what your sorting out entails either but hope you are ok

byeck - hope moo is ok today and eats well

DJ - hugs from me

decided to do a run 5 mins/ walk 2 mins this morning to see how my knee would like it, and foam rollered it as soon as I got back. have to see how it is over the next few days I guess....the cold certainly made me run quicker during the run partsimage

• Morning image

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its v very cold out there this morning.

Went to gym for weights and cross training...rest day from running.

Chili...hope your feeling better today.

MC...well done on your run/walk...hope your knee is okay.

Ecky...hope all is ok with you  and your training going well...Has Trev joined you on any of them yet??????

By'eck.....hows things with you and Moo today ?

AF..when is your physio appt..today???? Hope it goes well.

Deejay...How are things with you today.Sending you hugs and thinking of you and your family.

Loula sis...good running from you yesterday by the sounds of things...lol

Louise...How did your run go today...fingers crossed it was a good one.

Jude...have you another snow day?????

Waves to....Mr Chilli and Mr By'eck.....Matt,Rocker,Tom and Phantom.....hope your okay and will be back with us soon.

Speak later guys and dolls...coffee time then Chico walking image

• Morning all.  Down to 90.7 now, so 2kg so far in less than 2 weeks!!  Expect to have put a little bit back on by the end of the week - it always seems to work like that, but hoping to get back out to the gym on Friday.