Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Sending you hugs DJ

May you and your family feel the support of those who care about you. Please be assured we are all thinking of you at this difficult time
  • DeeJay

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Big hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thinking of you lots at this difficult sad time.

Take Care xxxxx

• Ecky...well done on your mara training...my advice would be if conditions okay to run it and add some miles on if you feel up to it...I think that 6 miles at your race pace is still good training. But if conditions are really boggy then I would forego as you say you don't want tp pick up an injury.Good luck with whatever you decide star girlimage

• DJ- So sorry to here about your difficult times. We are here for you and as Loula say please offlaod here. Take care.  

• DeeJay8 wrote (see)

Morning,

Franny,that is a great quote.

MC have a good Parkrun.

RR,why not aim to make a Parkrun your first race?They happen every Saturday,so you train for a 5k,and if you have an injury niggle,just postpone until another week.

Mum has not responded to any treatment,and we have been told she will not recover.Last night we consented to withdrawing treatment and fluids/nutrition,on the consultants advice,and the care switched to keeping her pain free during her last few hours or days.It is now just a case of waiting for the inevitable.I'm feeling very sad about it,but coping ok.

DJ, I'm really sorry to hear that.  Take care.

Doesn't feel right going on about my running plans now, as I was going to.  God bless, DJ.

• dJ, ((((((hugs)))))

We are all here for you xxx
  • DJ, (((hugs))) as everyone else has said we are here for you. 

• DJ - thinking of you at this painful time.  xx

• Really sorry to hear about your mum, DJ.  A very difficult decision for anyone facing it and hope you can find peace in the knowledge that all has been done that could have been done. 

I will be praying that God gives you and your family assurance and rest throughout this difficult time.

• Ecky - if the ground is boggy then it will ruin your trainers. Do you still have your old pair? You won't need much cushioning if you are running over mud!

Jude - that is a raw deal. Hope you manage to get some rest and time with the family.

Was race director at parkrun this morning and then ran for about 1hr 30 mins this afternoon. Laps around the lake at 100 Acre Wood where the rest of the family played in the mud.

• Went out tonight to give hill runs a go - warmed up properly with dynamic stretches and then a short jog.  Got to the top of the hill and to my surprise, I wasn't badly out of breath so a tick in that box.  Problem is my knee didn't like it at all - on the way back down I decided to cut it short bearing in mind what happened last year (same knee).  It's already getting better though, so I don't think it'll be a long term thing - I'll give it a few days rest and see how it is.

Looks like my knee doesn't like speedwork on hills at least then image - I ran up three longer and steeper hills last week without any problem at all, but that was at a steady pace, not attacking them.  Hopefully I'll be able to do some speedwork on the flat ground at some point as it'll be a bit annoying not being able to increase my speed at all.

• Hi Chilli, yes I have my old shoosies. I wouldn't dream of making my gorgeous new ones all ikky image. I love them too much as they have just sorted all my niggles out. I have backed out of the race and asked if I can transfer to another 10k locally. They did say that they would transfer people before as they had to cancel. I am just worried as last time I did such a muddy race, I had knee troubles.

Well done on your Hills road runner. I must admit I get more problems when I do speed work.

• morning all

ecky - probably a wise decision not to race - you don't want to risk missing a few weeks of marathon training

RR - well done on your run, but look after your knees.  I think  the impact is greater with speedwork which is why your knees don't like it. However, running steadily uphill will still be a good workout, increase your overall strength and fitness and steadily help your overall speed to increase. Probably best to leave the 'speedwork' and just focus on nice steady runs that won't hurt you

decided to stay in bed instead of having a run this morning, wrong decision because we have ended up having an argument!

• Morning everyone... tried to upload a picture of lovely carrot cake I had yesterday as a reward(consolation) for not running for a week but too many pixels apparently (as opposed to calories).  I will have to google how to shrink pics. 

Good news from physio - foot improving and I am allowed a gently 2k run on Tuesday to test the response.

• Afternoon everyone! (well it is here).

Louise - good news! Take it easy though.

MC - sorry about the argument.....

Well, I managed a slow 5 miler while kids were swimming.image I threw some intervals in too, so it felt like a good work out. Gonna do some piano lessons with the kids now as daughter has grade 5 and son has grade 1 on Friday.....

BFN xx

• Morning,

Louise-Good to here that you are allowed to run on Tuesday. I have failed dismally to upload pictures on this siteas well.

Jude-Well done on your 5 miler.

RR-Take care on those hills. Love running on hills but it can take it out of you.

MC-Oh dear!!

Well I maanged an relatively ache free 5 miles this morning- I took it slow. So I have done my 99th consecutive 20 mile week. Fingers crossed for big celebrations in the CRAC house next week. I expect WILD behaviour from Franny and LLB!!! 

• louise - good news, I also have trouble uploading pictures

AF - well done on your week's run

Jude, fingers crossed for their grading exams. 

• Afternoon

Yeh Mathschick, I cancelled the race and they have said I can transfer to one of their 10k road races. Sorry you didnt get out for your run image

Hi Louise, mmmmm I love Carrot cake. Good news on the foot too but take it really easy.

Well done Boss, make sure you take it easy too.

Just back from a reasonably speed run with my team mate. I did 7 miles in 1.11 and she joined with me for 4 of those miles. We were doing 10 min miles which was good for me. I tried to keep up with her rather than drop back so I was pleased. We had a good natter and sorted a lot out for our running group.

D.J Im still thinking of you.

• ecky - well done on your run. Don't think I could run 10 min miles and still be able to speak!

To be honest I feel a bit exhausted so maybe just as well I didn't go for a run. 

• 7 miles for me off road todayimage feeling good and I've been asked to be a pacer for someone in their 100 mile ultra -really happy with thatimage a new thing for 2013
  • Boss!!!! Thts fab- yep nitty behaviour comin up- naked hot men required
  • loula that is excitingimage which ultra is it?

• Afternoon all

Ecky well done on yourt miles today and a wise decision not to do the race.

Louise..great news tht you can do a run again.take it easy.

AF..great that your run was ache free...

Chilli..well done on your run of 1.5hrs too.

Jude..great running from you too..hope yourb work wasn't too bad yesterday.

Hiya MC..hows your knee.

RR..may be best to concentrate on your steady paced runs rather than speedy work...that seems to be the achilles heel of alot of us.

Loula...sis..fabby news on being a pacer image and well done on your 7 miles off road.

After taking Chico his walk I went out for a mixed run half road/canal and trail...very very muddy 9 miles..weather was very mild and sunny..not January weather at all..its almost summer like image ooo and i have small blister forming on the inner side of my foot from my trail shoozies...ouchy ouchy

Roast beef in oven for dinner later......cannae wait ..am hungreeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have a good afternoon all

DEEJAY ..I echo ecky's words..you are in my thoughts too xxx

• Sounds like a good run sis!! Well done- take care on ankle though.

Mc, a guy tht did ndw50 last year whn I did us doing the 100 in aug. he need a pacer for the last miles from 75-100 through the dark. Should be fun!!
  • loula - that sounds like fun, I bet having you to help him get through those last few miles will be a life saver - must be really tough at that stage to keep going

franny - well done on your run but be careful with your blister!

• Lou, are you planning on chatting constantly about clothes and stuff so he wants to run faster to get away?
  • Yes- I've already told him no whining or whinging
  • oh, I did parkrun yesterdayimage 34:12, ran all the way, no walking, knee didn't feel great, but seems ok today (mind you haven't done much today)