Options

Adidas Boost Trainers, anyone had a run in a pair yet?

Comments

• Options

Christopher your big toe is slightly turned in.

Random other person is a bit confused on the subject of feet and how to interpret evidence..

• Options

The shoe is still toe sprung and tapers in toward the toes

• Options
    #@;[;?)*&%$£" wrote (see)
    Runz wrote (see)
    your foot would be even wider if you stopped wearing shoes which taper and have toe spring.

Your foot is widest at the ball it should be widest at the end of the toes just like a babys! that is until parents start putting the child into crappy shoes.

What utter rubbish! 

I have wide feet, and like christopher Snowdon my feet are widest at the ball, my smallest toe also curls under the next toe, classic case of life long tight shoe's eh?. Like you I was under this misguided apprehension (it maybe true in SOME cases), until my daughter was born, never worn a shoe, with exactly the same foot pattern as me! Widest at the ball, smallest toe curling under, biological. 

So please stop preaching your assumptions as facts.

Confusedimage the experiment of one 

• Options
    stutyr wrote (see)

Apparently, 84.2% of statistics are wrong.

I find this thread very suspicious, as the two main contributors are new to the site and are giving very strong opinions for and against a particular shoe.

Runz, I found one of your statistics on the web and your presentation of it is very misleading.  You forgot to add the "One estimate from the British Journal of Sports Medicine gives a range of 19.4 percent to ..." before your"... 79.3% of runners are injured each year".

Found here:

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/running/training/toe-running2.htm

19.4 to 79.3 somewhere in-between? still too many and not reducing injury's even though shoes are supposedly so much better year on year.

As for being new to the site this is true in regards to contribution but i read the content every week and have done for years.

Because of my job (sports injury) i got involved with this thread because of the lack of evidence for the adidas Boost. Through my job i have seen thousands of feet not just in the UK but throughout the world. The foot problems we have in the UK USA Europe are similar go to parts of the world where they have a different  shoe culture and you see feet as they should be usually widest at the end of toes with planter pressure at the front not the heel.  

• Options

You may find this useful?

https://nwfootankle.com/foot-health 

The following is a taster - 

" Let us begin by stating that the human foot is capable of much more than we give it credit for. We are sure of this by our observations of cultures where shoes are not regularly worn. Did you know that shoeless cultures experience approximately 3% of foot problems, compared to shoe-wearing populations which experience around 75%?" Not 100% but pretty good numbers?

• Options
    I've Owned Mine 4 Days Now. 50K Done, No Muscle Fatigue, Depends On Your Running Style I Guess But For Me I Finally Found A Shoe That Ticked Every Box. I've Never Experienced Such Great Forefoot Return As These Shoes, So ... As You Would Expect With A New Shoe - A Bit Of Cynicism. My Experience Is These Are Way More Hype.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    "these are way more hype"

What do you mean by that?
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Wow judy... Amazing two post in a year and one is this.... Don't work in any capacity for Adidas to you?

I've Owned Mine 4 Days Now. 50K Done, No Muscle Fatigue, Depends On Your Running Style I Guess But For Me I Finally Found A Shoe That Ticked Every Box. I've Never Experienced Such Great Forefoot Return As These Shoes, So ... As You Would Expect With A New Shoe - A Bit Of Cynicism. My Experience Is These Are Way More Hype.
  • Options
    Runz wrote (see)
    #@;[;?)*&%$£" wrote (see)
    Runz wrote (see)
    your foot would be even wider if you stopped wearing shoes which taper and have toe spring.

Your foot is widest at the ball it should be widest at the end of the toes just like a babys! that is until parents start putting the child into crappy shoes.

What utter rubbish! 

I have wide feet, and like christopher Snowdon my feet are widest at the ball, my smallest toe also curls under the next toe, classic case of life long tight shoe's eh?. Like you I was under this misguided apprehension (it maybe true in SOME cases), until my daughter was born, never worn a shoe, with exactly the same foot pattern as me! Widest at the ball, smallest toe curling under, biological. 

So please stop preaching your assumptions as facts.

Confusedimage the experiment of one 

No, retard, an observation of fact about mine and my daughters feet. I did say "it maybe true in SOME cases". I wasn't the one making sweeping generalisations, you were.

• Options

lol a job with Adidas would be awesome thanks.  I'm not a massive fan of posting in forums no, i only really come on this site to check races in my area like most recreational runners.  i just came across this thread and thought id share my experience as someone that has actually bought a pair and put a few miles on them already.  Off for a nice 10k this morning in them and racing half marathon at the weekend so we shall see if i still love them after that. 

Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    "these are way more hype"

What do you mean by that?

I was typing the message on my phone and the quote is way more than hype. Apologies for the confusion.  

• Options
    I'm guessing that in places where people don't have shoes they probably have more pressing matters than training for their local marathon and I doubt they have that many podiatrists anyway ?

I'd also think that they might not have many stone pavements ?

Statistics can prove anything.
  • Options

I understood what you meant judy......thanks for some normal input...

it would be great to have some more normal input rather than input from those on the extreme of the views whos views are already decided before the product comes out.

yes i think its good to be slightly cycnical all all these new shoes.but if you try it and it works for you then thats brilliant news.whatever the science is behind it.....

• Options
  • Options

That's a bit harsh David, ouch.

I've owned mine for about three weeks now and a week after posting my review, I still prefer these to the shoes I was running in before.

To be fair though, these are the first dedicated running shoes I've ever owned (other than track shoes) so I'm no expert - I just know that of my 200+ pairs of shoes (currently owned) these are up there amongst the most comfortable.

• Options
    WiBWiB ✭✭✭
    Jean Christopje wrote (see)

That's a bit harsh David, ouch.

I've owned mine for about three weeks now and a week after posting my review, I still prefer these to the shoes I was running in before.

To be fair though, these are the first dedicated running shoes I've ever owned (other than track shoes) so I'm no expert - I just know that of my 200+ pairs of shoes (currently owned) these are up there amongst the most comfortable.

How much running have you done in the other 200+ pairs of shoes you own?

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    There's hell of a difference between comfortable in the shop or over 5k and comfort at mile 25 when the going is getting tough.
  • Options

depends on what they are reviewing, if they are reviewing a general fitness / running shoe no, but if they are reviewing a marathon shoe, then yeah, i;d say what they feel like at 25 miles is pretty much an essential bit of info. 

• Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭

perhaps you should check again.

• Options
    At 25 miles in a marathon - its normally me that's failing rather than the shoes.
  • Options
    skottyskotty ✭✭✭

i didn't claim it was exclusively a marathon shoe.

but I haven't seen any publicity material or interview so far where they've said it won't be any good in marathons. most seem to be promoting the idea of a new marathon world record being possible now with this boost.

so a test of how it is performing at 25 miles would seem reasonable in a proper review.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I won't excuse DF3 calling someone a knob when a double posting could just be a technical issue, but he's right that you don't need to have run 25 miles in order to give a credible review of a running shoe.  Outside of a marathon (after which my legs will be screaming at me whatever I've got on my feet) I've never run up to 25 miles in my life.  (...close, 24.01 a few weeks back!)

Besides which, if I've got any interest in racing a marathon in anything which contains this new technology, I'd most likely wait until Adidas put it in a lightweight shoe that's more like the Tempo or Adios.  So it's all early days yet but I'll follow with interest.  image

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually say that you cannot judge a shoe until you have done a 25 mile run in them. I just think that we should wait until people have done a decent amount of mileage in them before declaring them as the next best thing or a complete gimmic.

I'd be happy to test a pair but unfortunately will not be shelling out 100 quid on a pair.