Options

Brighton Marathon 2014

Comments

• Options

Yvonne at this rate iI'll be having trouble keeping up with you let alone you needing me to pace you

• Options

Toby I have a lot more training to get down to your 10km pace of 7 min miles but it's true what you said from your training over the last year it's to keep running and clocking those miles up at a faster pace ..... I don't normally run on a Tuesday or Thursday but I may just do a recovery run on those days to 

Oh and nearly a pound lost this week after my blip last week now only 8lbs and 8ozs to go ..... it does make you take nutrition seriously though as you need good quality food to fuel your runs and feed muscles but a bit less to lose a little weight at a time 

• Options

Yvonne well done on the weight loss

10 miles for me today got around in 1:27:22 which is 8:31 m/m must start a taper now though as we have the Bradly stoke 10k on Sunday so i will just do a couple of small runs this week now

• Options

Wow Yvonne! There is no stopping you now, congratulations on all the progress you are making.

Just thought Id pop by to say hello as I have been rather quiet recently due to not doing very much.  Fully recovered from the mammoth hockey game now so back to the gym tonight, hoping to get 5 miles out of my legs tonight.

Have been looking at training plans and still undecided about the hockey playing but thinking I will probably do it as just constantly running on my own is likely to get boring and I may find it easier to stick to if I have hockey to mix it with aswell.

• Options

Thank you tillstar, yes i really want this sub 4 hour marathon and the difference this year is, im starting my running now and getting in lots of base miles to try and up my pace so hopefully even by the time we (thats toby ,poohbear and myself ) do our half marathon madness in autumn ill be somewhere near breaking my 2 hour duck on those pesky halfs.....

It was toby and poohbear who demonstrated that lots of running pays off ...i always usually did half hearted training runs starting in january ,just to get round i suppose, if im being honest with myself, i need to just keep getting out the door as often as i can and run whether thats hard intervals or long easy or recovery ...oh and do weights to well squats and lunges ...i did some hamstring curls on my fitness ball the other night and boy did i feel it the next day ,it took the first mile of my run for them to feel normal...its stuff like that i usually forget to do, but this year things are serious!!!!

Like you ,i find that toby and poohbear have been a massive inspiration and im glad to call them my friends image it was toby who paced me round for my first ever sub 1 hour 10km last year and boy he is a hard task master, but the end result was i did it in 55 mins!! result!!!

• Options

You have definitely caught the Toby and pooh bear addiction Yvonne I wish I could. Seriously tho I know what you mean, Toby and poohbear I hope I get to meet you this year to thank you in person for the many ways you have helped and inspired me.

i managed 3 miles tonight not the 5 I was hoping for but having done next to nothing for 2 weeks with the hockey record I'm just happy to he getting back into running and I'm going to build back up to where I was and beyond rather than trying to carry on and hating it because its too much too soon.

also probably going to re asses my target pace given that I plan to combine training with hockey and won't havtithe time to put in all the work required to make such a big improvement in pace. Going to go for 10 min pace I think, still aiming for sub 430 but think my plan of 930 min miles may have to be forgotten, it will require work to get 10 min miles for the whole race but not as much as it would to get it down to 930.

• Options

Morning all

just a gentle 4 miles for me yesterday did them om the treadmill as a run walk no running today as i have a dentist appointment 2 fillings will try to get out tomorrow and again on Friday

Yvonne & Tillstar thanks for the kind words and pleased me and Poohbear could help

Yvonne it's a pleasure to know you as well if you think i was hard on the 10k after 2 years of failing to get you a sub 2hr H/M  this time i'm taking no prisoners i will get you around in under 2 even if it kills you

Tillstar were looking forward to meeting you as well hope you manage to combine the hockey with the running but just remember these plans arn't set in stone fit the plan around your life not your life around the plan

• Options

Thanks Toby I am going to see how things go and make a decision nearer the start of the hockey league season.  I struggle with the balance of sticking too ridgidly to a set plan and flexing it so much that it doesn't do enough. 

Don't think I am as recovered from the 40 hour hockey game as I thought as my legs are really heavy and tired today which is ridiculous after a slow 3 miles so just going to take things easy for a while and build up gradually, Im eating properly now so know I have the calories for it (unlike when this happened before) so just going to build up slowly and get my legs back to where they were.

• Options

dam he only did 1 filling today which means i have to go back again

Tillstar there lots of ways to get around things for instant if i miss a run i will ether do it on another day or just double one of my other runs or fit an extra run in another week if i know on weekend we have some thing on like a race just swap the long runs around to accommodate it and if you have to miss the odd run or two it no major hardship

• Options

Afternoon all

well just a little 2 miles for me today then what fancy mileage wise tomorrow

• Options

morning all

well not shore what to do today we the Bradly Stoke 10k on Sunday so realistically i should just do a short run but I'm going to see how i feel when i get up

• Options

Toby enjoy your run whatever you end up doing.

Personal trainers are mean!! Mine worked me so hard last night I told him off for being too mean image Seriously had enough of tired legs though and want to get back to being able to run as I was before without being so heavy legged all the time. 

This weekend I am playing hockey tomorrow and will have a proper rest on sunday and catch up on all the sleep I missed by playing for 40 hours and still haven't caught up on and then get back to following the full on training plan from Monday im going to go crazy if I don't start running as normal soon image

Have a good weekend everyone

• Options

Morning all hope everyones running is going well whatever your running for at the moment

Ive just looked at my garmin stats for May and ran for 18 days in May a total of 75 miles so happy with that,

• Options

never did get out Friday a run OH well we have the 10k tomorrow may try later

• Options

Evening all! Good luck tomorrow Toby and poohbear 

decused today that I'm not going to play hockey just concentrate on my running they donI compliment each other and hockey is pulling muscles that stop me running. not too bothered as I was always only going to do it if it didnt prevent me running and I shall still go up the club to see my friends

• Options

Thanks Tillstar - it is meant to be a relatively flat course tomorrow so hope to set a good time if its not too hot.

Sorry you cant play hockey and run, but at least you can still catch up with your friends.  Hope you are fully recovered from marathon hockey match now.

Good running Yvonne - hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Poobear - good luck tomorrow x

• Options

Have a good run tomorrow toby and poohbear 

• Options

Bradley Stoke 10K completed today in lovely sunshine - it was a multi terrain race with more inclines than I expected, but despite not feeling 100% as had a stomach bug yesterday still managed to knock 4 and a half minutes off PB, coming in at 1hr 12mins 49.5 secs. 

• Options

Poohbear one word, WOW!!!! ...nuff said

• Options

Very well done Poohbear image

• Options

morning all

well as Poohbear has said we ran the Bradley Stoke 10k no PB for me as I ran with her as pace maker we were going for 1:10:00 but as Poohbear has said she wasn't feeling 100% and so she did well to take the time off she did

just been out for a run 10 miles today got around in 1:24:17 which is an Avg pace of 8:17 there were a couple of 7min + miles in there so the training pace is going in the right direction

weight wise not a good week last week put on 2lbs but as it was my 50th Birthday this weekend not to worried will have to pull it back this week

• Options

toby HAPPY BELATED 50TH BIRTHDAY image

• Options

Poohbear! Absolutely fantastic - very well done!! 

Toby happy belated birthday 

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Toby - Happy Birthday????

Of to Brighton for a long weekend on Thursday as hubby is doing London 2 Brighton Bike Ride????

• Options

Afternoon all

Just 5 miles for me today again i had ago at maintain a sub 8m/m pace did alright for the first 3 all coming in at around the 7:51 mark the next 2 weren’t too bad having an 8:14 and an 8:06 this did how mean that the Avg pace was 8:03 still long time to go yet and it’s a good start

Having said there would be no more PB attempts this year i have now decided to have a pop at my time when i run Cricklade in October

• Options

Toby ill pace you round cricklade if you like hee heee heeeimage

Im like finding it hard to pace a slower run now,me and mel go out for a slow run and still end up running at 9.15 pace!!! although it does not feel comfortable i just feel that running slow will take me back to being slow....i want to get to a stage where 9.15 feels slow...

We are doing our 10km tomorrow night and rain is forcast ha ha ha...mel should do it in 50 mins ,me i want under an hour i know im not up to the fitness i was last year coming off the back of marathon training into bristol 10km where i ran 55 mins with a lot of encouragement from a certain toby 3 and i ran this race last year a min slower than bristol but it is on track, trail, road and grass with a few hills..no excuse really i know image

Tracey G enjoy brighton i love it there, hope hubby does not get saddle sore!!

• Options

Yvonne and Mel good luck for tonight 

Yvonne if you keep running at the pace you are i expect 9:15 m/m will become easy for you and by all means you welcome to pace around Cricklade

• Options

Good luck Yvonne and Mel. Still no running for me as I pulled my calf at hockey on Saturday but I've been cross training all week, rest day today then back to running tomorrow. Really rather excited at getting back into it all image on the upside I lost 3lb this week and only another 3 to go. Not sure how I managed it as have done next to nothing for 2 weeks and eaten food I shouldn't have but hey I'm not complaining image