Options

Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 Trail Marathon

Comments

• Options
    GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭

The NDW100 looks fast! I did it last year and it's amazing, loved it... Good call on thsunscreen cream, I'm also sporting a bit of sunburn after today - hope it calms down a bit before tomorrow image

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Great advise guys. sun cream packed image
  • Options
    SideBurnSideBurn ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Ywawn , Good morning SideBurn image

Good morning all. Hope you slept well.

See you all in a few hours. image
  • Options

Morning boys and girls image

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Morning Frogbmth image
  • Options

Good morning .  

I hope everyone has an enjoyable run today.image

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Morning Waccy

hope you will have a good run too image Dont forget to say hi this timeimage
  • Options

Jindalee

Here is a Hi 54321 to you .  Take it easy  and remember to keep smiling even if it starts to hurt.   image     You have got the right attitude so I know you'll do OK. 

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    aww thanks Waccy! Enjoy your run! image
  • Options
    pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

Nearly there and it's rainingimage

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    just went out of the door pinkbug and no rain here is salisbury so far... fingers crossed it will stay like this image
  • Options

Drizzle in Bournemouth at the moment. Just leaving now, see you guys shortly!

• Options
    pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

Destination Salisbury and its dry, a few black clouds overhead thoughimage

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    how did everyone get on? Hope you all had a great run!

Mine as fantastic. Really enjoyed this one and even managed a new PB 4.34.43 chip time image well chuffed.
  • Options

Lovely run! Very scenic. I did the 30k in 3h40 so sloooow but I finished and am alive. Now I know I am ready to look at marathon distance.

Well done Jindalee! Couldn't spot you but glad you had a great run! 

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Mine was ok. Finished ninth in the 50k in 4.11.

That was 5 mins slower than last yr.

everyone just shot off at the start and I fully expected to catch most of them up in the second half as I did last yr. after about 15 miles I was on my own for the next 8 and my pace dropped off as I had no one to focus on. Picked it back up in the last few miles and finished strong.

It was just one of those days where I lost my focus but am happy to get round the distance and not feel too shattered.

A well organised race as usual and great scenery. Some of The walkers did seen to think they owned the whole path at times. I did have a giggle at the ones with the poles.

Well done Jindalee on the new PB

Frog, if you can do 30k over that terrain then a marathon will be easy.
  • Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Well done Frog image couldn't spot you either image

I did meet rogerbunny and Rich and it was nice meeting them. Yes I agree with Millsy. Start looking for a marathon.image

Well done Millsy! Glad to hear that you finished strong. I also was on my own for some time and it is quite hard to stay focused. Yes, the walkers were a challenge sometimes but the ppl in the town centre annoyed me even more. I tried to get passed some ladies, even shouted "excuse me" and no reaction. Repeated it and then just squeezed past them. after 25 miles my patience is not the best...

I really enjoyed this race and will enter again next year. image

Did anyone get troubled by the bull? i don't really like cows so I was praying running through that field that they won't move!
  • Options

Thanks guys! Yeah those pesky people in town made it into an obstacle course! Just put a short video on youtube of my run today. My username there is the same.

Yeah walkers with poles. A few of them looked like they were ready o take on K2 image

• Options
    pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

Loved it, but a rather slow 5:15 for the 50kimage spent too much time at the check points, but the bread pudding was niceimage

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Thanks Frog, just watched it. image nice to see it again. i took some pics image

LOL never understood why ppl would want to walk with poles...
  • Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    well done pinkbug! yes the checkpoints had nice stuff. didnt have any of the food as i didnt want to risk upsetting my tummy but it looked really nice image
  • Options
    SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭

What a lovely run. I somehow managed to get lost at the end through the town centre, apologies to the 3 people behind who followed me! Thanks for the brilliant organisation & to the marshals. Hope to be back next year too (with better sense of direction!)

well done everyone

• Options

Hello all,

Having been injured for last year's event, I finally got to run the 42k today and loved it. Great atmosphere, amazing views, good marshalling and signposting for the vast majority of the course - apart from the end. I got very confused for the last 3 miles or so, worrying I had taken a wrong turn due to lack of signs. While I'm pretty sure I didnt actually take a wrong turn, I still ended up clocked up 27.33miles according to mapmyrun. Just curious - what distance did others measure the 42k course to be?

• Options

Did the 30k as preparation for my first marathon in 5 weeks. Went as well as I could have hoped really and I got round in 3h25 without too much bother. Really enjoyed most of it and (again, most of) it was very well signposted.

I spotted you Jindalee. I don't come on here that often but when I saw the name on the back of your shirt I thought it seemed familiar. Didn't twig it was from here until now. I passed you on a long uphill stretch at about mile 15 of my race while you were walking. You then passed me again once you started running!

Did anyone else not think that the last mile or so through town was pretty awful? It was just way too busy and the route markers were rubbish. I don't think I went too wrong but on about three occasions I had no idea where I was supposed to go and just had to guess. Could the final bit not have bypassed the town centre? Hate to moan but that last bit took a bit of the gloss off what, until then, had been a really enjoyable race.

Overall though, very good and I might be back next year for the 50k, although hopefully they'll change the last part of the route!

• Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Hi Matt. glad you had a great run and good luck for your Marathon. Next time you see me say hiimage. You are not doing the new forest marathon are you?

Yes from mile 22 I did not spot any miles markers any more and almost missed a turn. Lucky for me the last 3 miles were along a route I run almost every day so I knew where I was going, but I can imagine that it was difficult if you do not know the area. Unfortunately the town cannot really be avoided if they want to include the cathedral. it is an absolute nightmare running past the cathedral or through town at any afternoon on a weekend and on my LSR on Sundays I avoid it unless I run early in the morning. It would help if ppl would be a bit less obnoxious and be aware of what is going on around them, and move over to create some space for other ppl instead of hogging up the whole footpaths. but I am sure this is the case pretty much everywhere...
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    I've lost my temper a couple of times in the last couple of years with the tourists in the city centre but have now just learned to live with it. they won't stop being stupid and inconsiderate.

I think the course does usually measure long as a rule.

I did get heckled by a couple of kids on BMX's going through Harnham although the look on their faces was priceless when I told them I'd just run 29 miles and still had a few more to go.
  • Options
    JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    No they won't stop being stupid so I try to avoid them but running early or picking routes away from them. If I run towards some ppl and they don't move over/ walk behind each other I am bumping into them now. Its different when I am coming from behind and they can't see me but if they are just being stupid I will run into them and not jump on the road.
  • Options

Is the cathedral just there for the 54321 name? If so, they might as well ditch it. The name makes sense anyway with the variety of distances and to be honest, after 17 or so miles, I'm not that interested in looking at the cathedral anyway. Too busy dodging tourists. They were annoying but then, they're annoying everywhere, whether you're running, walking or even one of them.

I assume the lack of mile markers towards the end was because all five distances converged and there'd have been too many signs.

Not doing the New Forest one Jindalee, although I considered it. I'm doing the Purbeck Marathon down in Dorset.

I measured the 30K as about 31.2K.