Options

The 2014 Ironman Training thread

Comments

• Options
    The Silent Assassin wrote (see)
    IronPudge wrote (see)

but got inked a few days ago so can't go in the water

M dot? or Lanza symbol? we need pictures

SA - Just a plain ol' M-dot.  Not very exciting and quite sheepy I know, but it's what I'd planned to get from the beginning, and I like it.

Failed on the planning front though, as can't do the triathlon that I'd signed up for this Sunday as it won't be healed - what a putz!

• Options

the rest will do you good image

had a beautiful ride on the Ironman wales bike course today...it really is stunning in the sunshine........after 112 miles my comedy tan lones are even worse

• Options

Good god i feel ill image i think i have picked something up during this evenings sea swimimage

• Options

8 mile run for me this morning

The weather is getting warmer in Bolton and i know you don't say that much

Ironman could be a hot one

• Options

75 miles on the TT... sun, rain, sun, rain, sun, rain.... sigh!

Achilles a little sore afterwards, which is a new niggle... binned the planned brick run just in case!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Options

did a park run this morning.......slowly....image

got to go to bed soon as up at midnight to cycle across to the cotswolds 113 to support......

hubby and son will still be up watching the football whilst i start my new dayimage

• Options

57 miles done - need to be more disciplined with nutrition though - had 3 gels and a bar, probably should be closer to double that for that sort of ride duration...hmm

Niggly shoulder too - not sure if its the way my bike is set up causing me problems! Maybe a swim will help to loosen it up tomorrow morning! image 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone! Seren - how far is that cycle? At least the roads should be quiet! Be safe! image

• Options

If I don't get lost about 75 I think.......I know my way to teh severn bridge no problem.its that foreign english side that will get me lost  image

• Options
    We're already here Seren. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have a good trip.
  • Options
    Final RVFinal RV ✭✭✭

Did my 60 minute ride today on my TT bike, first ever ride of it on the road, chose a quiet route and time of day.

Bit sketchy in places and being so far away from brakes was interesting but after 15/20 minutes I got the knack of it and started to press on…….good average speed overall, will try and get a couple more hours in next week and think about racing it an an Olympic at the weekend.

• Options

Cheggers.  great to meet you.I'm so jealous of your van...........

managed the 75 miles in the dark/dawn and even 8 more to the feed station and back..........

knackered now and ready for bed

• Options

Last long run today before IM.... felt good, and felt reasonably fresh afterwards... maybe all the training has paid off! image

• Options

80 miles in the blazing sun yesterday and an enforced rest day today image.

• Options

Today I have been mostly developing a dry, tickly throat and sneezing quite a lot image

• Options

Yes, great to meet you too, Seren. Glad you like the truck - it makes weekends like this much easier.

Came home and went for a run that I wasn't that keen on doing but actually proved far more enjoyable (and longer) than I'd expected.

• Options
    Crooky-BWFC wrote (see)

Well - you jinxed the weather well and truly there, Crooky!

Got out for a lap and a half of the course yesterday and the Bolton climate was back to its usual grim self!  It was actually quite chilly at times, and there was a constant drizzle.  Very still though, so not all bad.

Set off out at 5:30am and as I made my way up through Wigan towards the loop, I passed literally dozens of (mostly disgruntled) England fans trudging home, mostly in a zig-zag motion.  It's times like that when I feel somewhat smug, because whilst I'll be tired later in the day, I know for sure that I won't have the almighty hangover that those folks will have!!

• Options

as exams are over so i back to my 6 am starts.........4 miles done early and now I have wasted an hour trying to get my arse out the door for a short swim.........

actually got the kit together so i must go  image

• Options
    IronPudge wrote (see)
    Crooky-BWFC wrote (see)

Well - you jinxed the weather well and truly there, Crooky!

Don't worry IP the good weather is back, it was nice and sunny going up sheep house this morning

• Options

Did the Ashford triathlon at the weekend, had a problem in the swim and dropped the chain on the bike and as I was panicking it took longer to get back on than it should. Had a great run though and finished 14th overall. That's my last race before my IM image It was only my 2nd tri, but then I suppose no one ever feels ready for an IM.

4 weeks till taper....

Cheer up Seren image

Well done MC, hope the hard work pays off now.

Trogs - hayfever?

• Options

Started first dsy of tsper with a speedy hour and half on the bike then a 2 mile sea swim in the afternoonimage

• Options
    ElBeanpole wrote (see)

Trogs - hayfever?

Sadly not; nasty little head cold which hopefully bogger off in short order and not shift to my chest image

• Options

managed to grind out a 2 mile sea swim last night, not pretty but got there in the end..

• Options

45 miles for me this morning and a full distance ow swim down for tomorrow. Was permitted to do a power walk yesterday which didn't hurt my hip, so fingers crossed it's finally starting to heal image

• Options

visit to the pool this morning... was so darned busy that I canned it after just 450m.

I SOoooooo much prefer OW swimming!

• Options

and me MC.......managed 1.2 k yesterday and today in the pool........need to go OW one day this week

• Options

I did 3k OW yesterday - first lap was slow as it was my eldest boys first go in OW, I think reality hit him quite hard! He was expecting to cruise along like he does in a pool.

Can't breathe very well today - the lake I went to seems to do this to me, it'll be okay by this evening.

• Options

10 mile run for me today

going to have a couple of days rest then try another loop of ironman bike course on sat then on sunday up to keswick for a swim at derwent water

• Options

80 mile bike ride today in perfect conditions. Now off for a nice leisurely dip in the lake to cool down. Life is good! image

See you at Derwent Crooky. It was lovely and warm last Sunday. In fact, it was wetsuit optional.

• Options

Felt sooooooo tired this week.  Odd really, because I've only managed one measly run so far, having skipped two swims and a turbo session for various reasons.

Am due to go out tonight for a 11/12 mile run, but I can feel the tiredness in my legs just walking up the stairs at work.

• Options

Pudge Can't rememeber which races you've got the for the next few weeks but is a rest week called for? Just sit in front of the telly and watch some football?

Your still going to be recovering slightly from the mischief you did a couple of week's back.