Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

I must admit Nandy I do like the idea of Histio Girl. I like to make people smile at races. I have already done a star cape and Trev the teddy so needed something new.

/members/images/479335/gallery/cammie_cape.jpg

/members/images/479335/gallery/london_baby_3.jpg

• Options

Brill photos Ecky. Loula has found a good hunk for you but I dunno where she went wiv him image 

Boss Hope you are not including me in the above comment image 

• Options

Ecky-No No No No....

Franny-Umm...can you post a picture of that nice Russian pole vaulter for me and you can misbehave for the rest of the year. By the way that is a collection of races. Need to sort out mine with my friends from the club.

Well I am back from my 1.72 mile run....I forgot when I started that I had had two pints at lunchtime...it was alos dark and I don't run usually in the afternoons. Anyway I did it in 12.43 with the 1st mile in 7.18 so failry happy with that. Will try and improve on that.   

• Options

well done AF

Nandy - you are very quick!

ecky - hadn't seen the star cape before it is brill! And I am not surprised you don't want to run with Trev any more!

• Options

LOULA, where have you gone with my Hottie.image

Franny I was just looking back at my old running pics, need to find my mojo again and get back to those good times.

Hides from Da boss.

• Options

I didn't know who I showed it to so just popped it back on. I remember it took me ages to sew the stars.

Trev is now semi retired and doing parkruns with one of my friends image

• Options

Morning all!

Great pics Ecky!

Nandy and AF - Well done on your mile times, they'll bring down the average a fair bit!!

Hi everybody else!

Well, son did very well yesterday.  He came first in his heat and 8th overall so he is chuffed. Got a nice comment from his trainer and a PB of 3:05 for 200m. (Actually the first time he has raced it.)  Not bad for a 9 year-old.

Dropped off daughter at the swimming competition early this morning.  We are going this afternoon to watch as she is only in a relay this morning. Hope she is OK as she is still on antibiotics for a nasty throat infection.

Just back from  a 'real' outdoor run. I did a 6 miler and my 2nd mile was 8:20 which I'm very happy with (although of course it would have been lovely to get a bit closer to my treadmill time.) Not a PB though as I managed 8:12 but that was back in 2011.

Anyway, have a lovely day folks! BFN xxxx

• Options

Morning

Well done Jude ...that was a speedy mile. Well done to your wee boy too and good luck to your daughter for this afternoon.

Don' think I am going to get out to do the mile TT so could you use one of my miles that I did in my new years day race. 7.40 .If I manage to get out though I will let you know.

AF That was a speedy mile indeed.

Have a good day everyone

• Options

Hellooo Everybody!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I have found you all againimage

First off i have to apologise for being absent for the last couple of months.Last time i spoke to you i was recovering from a calf strain.Well i made a return to running for a week and was doing ok.Then i'm afraid events happened that completely stopped me in my tracks.My Dad passed away very suddenly.I was devastated and totally lost all interest in running.And to add to my problems i had a fall on a wet pavement and badly twisted my knee.My knee is begining to feel ok to start rehab on it now so i've got a lot of work to do to get back in shape.2013 was an awful year for me and mine and i'm  determined to make this year a much happier and more succesful year.And i will try and stay in touch from now on.

I hope everyone is havinga good year so far

• Options

DJ - good to hear from you but so sorry about you losing your dad. Not a good year for you at all, hope this year is better.

Jude - well done to your son and hope you daughter does well today.

I had a terrible night, sneezing all night so haven't been for a run. Not sure if it is an allergy or a cold starting, but I have lessons to plan for tomorrow and am feeling very tired and grumpy!

• Options

Afternoon,

Nancy-What an increadibly speedy mile- my best ever is 6.37!!

DJ-Good to hear fromm you & so sory to hear about your Dad. Are you still doing Brighton marathon? I have got a charity place so will be doing it.

9.8 mile club run this morning- nice chill non windy non rainy run for a change!!

Jude-Well don on your run and your sons exploits.    

Speak later

• Options

imageimageimageimageimageimage

From c25k couch potato in August to 11 km this morning,in the rain and I still managed to smile most of the way around.Did attract some strange looks though from people hurrying back to their cars along the prom with winter coats and gloves and scarfs's.Had my shorts on.Perfect for the rain surely?.

On arriving back home I thought a nice healthy snack.This is where I fell off the wagon a little bit.

Hunting through the fridge for something to put in a smoothie I found a load of profiteroles covered in chocolate.image.Has the cream gone off by now?.

Theres only one thing for it.Eat the lot.But I did make a smoothie so that counter balances it out.image.

• Options

DJ - so sorry to hear about your dad. What a terrible year for you.  I do hope 2014 is much happier and that you stay injury free. Always lovely to have you with us here.

Chris - Of course you had to eat all the profiteroles before the cream went off! I like your thinking!image Well done on your 11km.  Great progress since August.

AF - well done on your run in the wind.

MC - sorry you are feeling under the weather and grumpy. I hate the way us teachers have to take so much work home. I have some to do and I'm putting it off.........image

Franny - OK, we'll use the speedy mile from your race.

Just back from daughter's competition. 2 races: She came first in the 400m Freestyle with a new PB of 4:56 (10 seconds faster than previous one). Second in the 100m backstroke- no PB.  So she has qualified for a competition in February in another city (not sure where yet!)

Back home to homework etc

xx

• Options

Jude - wow, your daughter is amazing.

chris - well done on the run and the eating! 

Jude - yes, I am getting totally fed up with the workload actually!

• Options

DJ - how lovely to hear from you. But so sorry to hear of your loss. What a difficult and sorrowful 2013. May your 2014 be one of peace and hope.

Wow, some great times of the 1 mile time trial!

Jude - congratulations to both your kids! image

Chris - smoothie and profiteroles sound great - you are going to fit in just perfectly on this thread cos we all enjoy our cakes and puddings as much as we do the running!

MC - hope you feel better soon and sorry you are feeling so stressed about work already image

Okay, I'm going to do my 1 mile tomorrow.  Can I just confess that I've never done a 1 mile run before and I have absolutely no idea what my time should be except that it is going to be very slow. I'm a long distance plodder except that I've barely done any running over the past month! I would normally take my Big Girl out with me but she hasn't run yet since her appendix surgery so I'm not sure that will help. Maybe the twins will come on their bikes instead image The kids don't go back to school until Tuesday.

• Options
    Hello all,

Been mooching for a while and thought it rude not to say hi.

Started running last Feb (ye gods, has it really been that long?) but haven't actually improved in all that time! In fact I've steadfastly refused to run any further than 3 miles, which wouldn't be SUCH a problem except I haven't even gotten any faster over that distance and I still get overtaken by walkers. Or the odd toddler. Or a tortoise.

So 2014 is time to put the big girl panties onimage I'd like to run Frankfurt marathon eventually (probably not this year...or even next!) which means running a tiiiiny bit further than I'm used to.

So hi all, and if you see me posting about running 3 miles please prod me with sticks!!
  • Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Hello Everybody! I hope we've all had a good weekend? How many are on the first day back today?

I woke up yesterday mentally tired and my legs ached. The last thing I wanted to do was go running. It was cold, windy and wet!! After a few hours arguing with myself I got my kit on and headed out with the intention of just doing a couple of miles. I thought i'll have a mile warm up and go for a quick 1 mile effort. Once I started though I didn't feel too bad and just carried on running. Didn't bother with the 1mile as at this stage I didn't think it would benefit my training.

Anyway, after 13.5 miles 1 mile of which was cross country through a muddy field (I got lost!!) my legs gave up on me. I was still a few miles from home so I just walked about a mile to a pub where a friend works. She kindly phoned my girlfriend for me and got her to come pick me up. Considering I didn't even want to get out of bed, I had quite the adventure!!image

Ecky - How was it running in that cape? It looks quite heavy! Every credit for doing it though!

AF - Well done on the quick tipsy mile! Stirling effort! Also on the 10mile club run! How are the shins?

Jude - Congrats to your daughter, that is excellent! You must be so proud!

Chili - Good luck on your 1mile TT!

MC - I hope your sneezes have cleared up!

Chris - Well done on the 11k, like Jude said, great progress!

Terpsikhore - Welcome!! 3 miles is a good distance. I'm sure its all in your mind the 3mile barrier, even if you had to run/walk another mile it would help trick your mind in to going further. Not that long ago (few months) i'd be out running and if I came to a biggish hill, i'd just stop running, without even thinking about it and i'd walk up it! I started doing the odd hill training session and now they don't bother me in the slightest. I'm sure some of the people on here will have some tips for you!

DJ - Good to hear from you. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss though! I hope you make a swift and full recovery from your knee injury too and 2014 is a lot kinder to you!!

Hi Franny, Loula etc, hope you're well!

• Options

Morning guys and dolls

DJ Nice to hear from you but so sorry to hear of your sad loss. I too hope 2014 is a better year for you. How is your wife keeping at the moment.

Terpsikhore welcome to our friendly thread at CRAC towers and we will certainly prod you with a stick if your posting about 3 miles runs Ha ha Build up gradually though. Best way is maybe to add another 5 or 10 mins on to your runs rather than distance.

Wow Nandy that certainly was an adventure you had.

Jude Amazing stuff from your daughter. you and she must be chuffed.

chilli Good luck with the 1 mile TT

Well done Chris on the 11k Great stuff.

MC Hope your snuffles haven't come to anything bad.

Went to gym this morning for weights and core stuff. haven't been for 2 weeks so will likely be a tad sore tomorrow. Got work at 2pm

Have a good day everyone and stay safe in the weather.

• Options

Afternoon,

Terpsikhore welcome I am sure that you will improve your distance.

Nandy-Sounds like a good run!! Thanks my shins (fingers crossed) are fine.

No running today as far too misreable,dark, windy and wet this morning, Will have to go out tomorrow without fail!

• Options

hi all

think my snuffles must have been hayfever - my eyes had been itch on Saturday as well and having taken some antihistamines I am ok now - annoying to have hayfever in January though!

4 miles this morning but feeling tired now because of being back at work etc so going to skip swimming tonight I think

welcome terpsikhore - you will fit in here. image Do you always run the same route? Maybe just try adding an extra street, or go the long way round part of your route to start adding a little extra distance?

• Options

Hiya

Nandy, it was okay but got wet when I did the GNR in it so it was a bit of a pain. When I ran the Birmingham HM in it, I remember at 10 miles a lady came and held the cape up for me and ran with me for the next mile which got me all choked up.

Hi terpsikhore and welcome, nice friendly bunch on here.

Mathsckick, glad you are feeling better, well done on your run too.

2.5 miles for me tonight with the Dance Mums. It was my turn to bake so I attempted Raspberry and White choc muffins. I reckon with a bit of tweaking they could be perfect. That was tweak not twerk image

• Options

Evening everyone.

Welcome Terpsikhore. Lovely to have you join us.

Mc - good to hear you are feeling better but I agree, it does sound odd having hay fever in January. But my No.2 daughter often reacts to things too.

Well I did my 1 mile, but it was an appallingly bad time. image To think I did a 30 mile ultra just a couple of months ago, I am very ashamed. The weather was pretty bad but not enough for me to blame my time on it. You might not want to add me to the pot but my time was 9:27. Guess I really need to get back into training properly.

• Options

chili - I would be over the moon with a 9:27 mile! Just see it as a base marker for where you are now and aim to beat it in a month's time or something

sorry - haven't had time to look back and work out averages but I will start soon before there are too many pages to look through!

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Good afternoon everyone!

Nothing new from me really, had a night off last night due to achy legs so just watched a dvd, interval training tonight. Just had my new rowing machine delivered so looking forward to playing on that!

Chili - I wouldn't be disheartened by that time at all! Well done on getting out and doing it, you've not had the best couple of months consistent training have you. Not sure about anybody else but I certainly wasn't doing a 30 mile run a couple of months ago and I certainly couldn't do on within the next few months!

Ecky - Bless that woman who helped you, what a star!!

MC - I've had a quick recap, the times I could find are;                                       Nandy - 6:21, AF - 7:18, Jude - 7:27, Franny - 7:40, Chili - 9:27.

Sorry if I missed anyone or go it wrong, feel free to tell me off if I haveimage

break over, see you later!

• Options

Afternoon,

Nandy-Still can't get over that mile time...I may be a tad jealous....what re your PB's.Can't remember when the speedy miles need to be recorded by. 

Forgot about a flying mile this morning....6.66 miles this morning.

Planning to do a Coastal run tomorrow afternoon from the office. May do it with a work colleague if so it will be quite slow.If not I will try and go speedy as along as the wind isn't bad.  

• Options

Hi all! Welcome Terpsikhore!

Just got back from the fitness room.  Please don't use my treadmill time - I really don't think it's realistic!!! I had another go today and managed 7:15 on the treadmill - definitely something wrong! My outdoor time was 8:20, so please use that.

Busy day at school as we had a trip to hear the symphony orchestra. They did a talk about the different instruments and the kids had a go at conducting so it was quite enjoyable.

Got homework to mark now (it's 9.20 here and I've just put the kids to bed.) Actually just feel like collapsing on the sofa!

BFN folks! xxx

• Options

Thanks for your nice words Nandy and MC.

AF - what are your goals for this year? I know you are planning several more marathons but do you have a time in mind? Or just the enjoyment of running them?

Jude - I saw a recent photo on FB and you look so slim! I know you don't get to do the all the miles you want nor the races but it sounds like you are in really good shape overall.

First day back for the kids today. Every Tues I help out at a baby group in the morning and then go swimming at lunchtime so was looking forward to getting back into a proper routine. However one of the teenage mums was distressed so I took her for coffee instead, so no swimming.

Hope to do my regular 5 mile run tomorrow.....

• Options

evening all

thanks nandy for doing the looking back!

I did a turbo session today - had wanted to go to running club but the weather was so bad I decided to stay in and turbo instead

Jude - I am resisting working late at night so far this week!