Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2015

Comments

• Options

Last parkrun before SNOD15, paced sub-25 (came in 4 seconds under 25 minutes).  Isn't it strange that knowing it's only 5km, 8 minute/miling seemed ridiculously easy.  I didn't seem to be expending any energy.

Swap out a parkrun for the first 5km of a marathon and 8 minute/miling seems really tough.

It's all MENTAL isn't it?

• Options

A flatish  20 miler  today in 3hr 10. Felt better than anticipated so what will be will be .  Some of you guys hoping for  times i couldnt do on a bike amaze me and  i take my hat off to you ,GLA

• Options

It has to be said that Jason and JB are totally amazing athletes.  But anybody that gets to collect the slate at the finish is totally awesome imageimageimage

• Options
    Not long to go now! Still unsure what to expect really from the marathon - I had harboured hopes of a sub 3 originally but I'm not feeling so confident now, will just run it hard on the day and see what happens but expect to be around 3:15. Good luck for the next couple of weeks all, hope you all stay fit and healthy!
  • Options

C'mon now Team, last ditch effort for anyone doing the final lsr before Snod tomorrow.

FR-adrenaline -fuelled! So, do you have the shirt ready?

• Options

brer rabbit I have the shirt, vest and medal already image Just must remember to pack them!

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Medal?  I didn't get a medal.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Anyone know how jason is?  Will we be seeing him??

• Options

LSR of 20 miles yesterday - very steady at 3:40, but that's what I'll be hoping to do on the day image  Beautiful weather and autumn colours really coming into their own now image

Hope everyone's weekends went well image

• Options

T-Rex it is an order-able option image

• Options

...the medal that is!! image

• Options

Stunning weather here, absolutely beautiful. Trex, I didn't bother with a medal either as was skint!

I'll see if I can get in touch with Jason and see if he is joining us at the party!

Can't believe it's nearly here again..oh joyimage

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Very nearly here!

I'm doing a 12 tomorrow and then will have to fit in a 16 and a 20.  Not an ideal training plan but will have to do for this year.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

3:58 is somewhat speculative.  But I have lost 18lb since last year which might help.

• Options

Salutation to all, nice to see so many familiar names and we are still all running.

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend last year, I was sent overseas for four months just ten days before the race – all trained up and nowhere to run lol

Mr Rex

Could I please be added to this year’s list? No specific time, just getting round and enjoying the scenery and atmosphere.

RWMS

• Options

A bit late to the party on this thread with less than two weeks to go image my 3rd Snowdon this year and still my favourite race image I ran my marathon pb last year knocking over 15 minutes off my previous best image

I've had a tough year with injuries but seem to have found some form at just the right time image I ran 3:14:47 last year, not sure I'm in the same shape as last year but I'll say hoping for sub 3:15 anyway image

• Options

Bloody hell T-Rex with that weight loss you should storm around the course.

I'm the other extreme and probably due to my current red wine diet I'm the heaviest ever. image

• Options

Last long run, a hilly 18, done last Friday followed by the Worcestershire Beacon Race over the Malverns on Sat. Great views and plenty of steep climbs, all good SNOD prep. Legs are telling me it's time to taper so just a few gentle runs this week. Remember the two key points of a good SNOD taper - 1) reduce mileage 2) Obsessively keep checking long range weather forecast!   

• Options
    Morning everyone,

Just popping in to say hello and hoping to see a few of you at the Pantri over the weekend of the marathon. We will be open Friday night and Saturday night.

S.S
  • Options

Morning all

Apologies for this but as a first timer I have a couple of questions about logistics I'd appreciate some help on

1) I'm staying in Caernarfon.  If I drive over the morning of the race is their likely to be parking in Llaberis somewhere near the start

2) Assume there is somewhere to leave a bag

3) Do the water stations en route have gels and such like.  Post 15miles I'll need something for sure

Fully tapering now so I'll have to trust I have enough in my legs for the race so my nerves are exhibiting themselves by me 'sweating the small stuff' such as the above!

Thanks in advance

• Options

Last long run done. 21miles yesterday 3hrs 16mins...planning a few shorter easy ones this week, next week sailing all week, will struggle to avoid booze but at least the legs get a rest. Heading to Porthmadog on Friday evening before the race.

• Options

CR - yep plenty of parking in Llanberis - worth getting there handy though as fills up (more so this year with more numbers) - people end up parking on verges and end up getting tickets (wardens usually out in force, the B*&%$£%s!!). There is a supervised baggage area (not sure where though) and drinks & gels on regular basis on course (there is a map showing where they all are - link on the race website) - also people handing out jelly beans, oranges etc on the side of the road!

Nice one SS - I'll hopefully be there after the race (planned to be there last year, but ended up on a massage table in the hall for quite a while last year!). Thought of you yesterday as I was running the 1st 15 of the course with the same clubmate as last time - I made sure he had his car key with him this time!!! 

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

The only taper I'm doing is tapering upwards.  Very good 12-miler today.  Achilles sore but no more than 2/10 and didn't get any worse during the run, but neither did it get better. Normally it would loosen up a bit after about 8 miles.

16 will be on Friday.  I'm planning to run home from work so that will be a night run. 20 on the following Tuesday, doing splits exactly the same as I will be doing for the first 20 at SNOD.

How does that sound?

Welcome to blasts from the past.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    3:14
    • *Jones*
    • running eye
    • Top Hat

3:25

• Greg. C

3:29

• Chimney
    • Lazy Greyhound, The
    • Ultra Disco Stu

3:35

• Lemmy

3:44  

• Run Jono

3:46

• InsideForward

3:58

• Mr Panad
    • T Rex
    • Wicksy

3:59

• BritNick
    • Cae Ras  1st mara image
    • McHilly

4:20

• dave turner 5

4:27

• Fenland Runner  100th mara image presentation The Heights 1500-1600-ish
    • legend777

4:30

• Simon Lister 2

4:59

• An Other Half
    • BrickHill Runner

5:30+

• Peter John Lewis

Also running:

• Andrea B
    • brer rabbit
    • Buxton Sprocket
    • carrot top
    • Harley Henshaw 2
    • Harshad_Patel
    • Hobie 1495
    • jason d
    • John Bach
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • MTri
    • Naomi Cane
    • panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • runwithmysetter
    • seam fitzgerald 4
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Taylor 1969
    • stilldreaming
    • Tattooed Runner 40-something
    • Torquay runner

• Chrissi
    • Dizzle65
    • hope to ...
    • LouP252
    • Wabo
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

CaeRas - don't forget to register.  You can ask them any race day questions.

There is a kind of hut near the finish serving hot drinks and I think you leave your bag in there.  Have warm clothes to put on and some emergency food.

Allow about 15 minutes from there to get to the start line comfortably.

We'll try to help with any Qs.

• Options

T-Rex I'm not running anything quicker than around 8.5x minute/mile pace and nothing longer than 5-6 miles between now and the 24th.

• Options

10 day weather forecast currently sunny/light cloud up till Thursday 22nd... Im traveling up on the Friday and with my past record expect a drastic change!! GLA..

• Options

Hi Guys, had a damaged disc in my back for the last 6 months, been running then had to stop, been running and had to stop etc etc etc. so very disappointed to say i wont be running this year. had quick look at the website and it says you cant sell on your place after end of September - is that right?

• Options

Race numbers are up on the website

https://secure.onreg.com/onreg2/startlist/index.php?id=2624&&startrecord=0

Think I know someone who isn't going to be happyimage

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    lol!

2192 for me and 533 for mr panad....

it's all seeming a bit real now the numbers are out.

hilly 20miles last week, planning something between 12 and 16 this week, then a few easy days next week I suppose....