Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2015

Comments

• Options

Hi everyone, is there room for a late arrival on the forum?

I had all but given up on running this year due to a recurring knee problem which stopped me running this great marathon last year as well, but I decided that despite a lack of long runs I really need that 6th slate coaster for the mantelpiece!

so Trex if there is room for a late entry on your list my number is 1524 and I am not chasing a time just hope to stay in front of the sweeper wagon!

• Options

Welcome RR, hope you enjoy the build up to the big day.

Good luck tomorrow Brer as you continue your SNOD taper with the RR50 image 

• Options

Thanks LG, I am looking forward to next Saturday just worried about the lack of long runs

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    My run this morning turned into 17.5miles, that's it now bar a few v short runs to keep the legs turning over. The road closure/delay signs are out in force now so guess it's really next week now....

good luck tomorrow Brer
  • Options

BR - Just watched that Youtube clip and I've gone all wibbly wobbly inside!  Who can forget that "gentle breeze" on the top of Pen y Pass?  image

Great news FR re: number 100.  I'll be looking out for you, though expect you'll be celebrating with a pint or too while I'm still slogging my way up to Bwlch y Groes image  

Good luck this weekend Brer!  And here's me worrying about whether to run 10 or 12 miles image   50 mile races AGTFSNOD15 image  

• Options

Yep the nerves have kicked in for me to stilldreaming. Not helped by my middle daughter Ceri who is studying the Greeks at school and learnt today the story of the first marathon and what happened to the original runner for the want of a foil blanket post race! She's not best pleased but I have assured her my plan for the day doesn't include that.

have a great weekend all and see you next weekend

• Options

One week to go, can't wait!  Why is it that you become more aware of every slight niggle in your body. image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Did my 17-miler last night, a running commute after I finished work at midnight, 15 of them along the canal.

I kept a steady pace and felt strong at the end but was surprised that the mile splits were quite a lot slower than previous runs.  I think when it's dark you feel you are running faster than you actually are, and also at the end of the day you're starting to feel tired (L100 beware the 1900 start!!) and I did have a bag of work gear, clothes, etc on my back (all in dry bags in case of an unexpected requirement to swim across the canal!)

All feeble excuses.

Bring  it on. 

All excuses, I know.  Achilles very painful at the moment but from previous experience the pain should disappear tomorrow.

i

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Welcome, Reydon Rover.  I'd wondered where you had got to.  Meet up in The Heights in the evening?

2:54

•  #9  John Bach

3:14

• #985  *Jones*
    • running eye
    • #1666  Top Hat

3:25

• #271  Greg C

3:29

• Chimney
    • #1585  Lazy Greyhound, The
    • #164  Ultra Disco Stu

3:35

• Lemmy

3:44  

• Run Jono

3:46

• InsideForward

3:58

• #533  mr panad
    • #1327  T Rex
    • Wicksy

3:59

• BritNick
    • #1013 Cae Ras  1st mara image
    • McHilly

4:20

• dave turner 
    • #805  MTri

4:27

• #100 Fenland Runner 100th mara  image presentation The Heights 1500-1600-ish
    • legend777

4:30

• Simon Lister 2

4:59

• #580  An Other Half
    • #163  BrickHill Runner

5:30+

• Peter John Lewis

Also running:

• Andrea B
    • #2605  brer rabbit
    • carrot top
    • #498  Gringo WBA
    • Harley Henshaw 2
    • Harshad_Patel
    • #1199  Hobie 1495
    • ian ingham
    • jason d
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • #2099  Naomi Cane
    • #2192  panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • #1524  Reydon Rover
    • #771 runwithmysetter
    • seam fitzgerald 4
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Taylor 1969
    • stilldreaming
    • Tattooed Runner 40-something
    • Torquay runner

• Buxton Sprocket
    • Chrissi
    • Dizzle65
    • hope to ...
    • LouP252
    • Wabo
  • Options

I wish it was this weekend, I'm running faster than I've ever run before in training. Just terrified I'm going to snap something before next weekend image I still might crash and burn late on but it should be fun while it lasts image

• Options

OOO, LA LA, less than a week to go...bring it onimage

Just got back from Rotherham Round 50, phew..bit hillier than anticipated but fantastic event. Cakes at every CP, coffee, flapjack yum, yum. Anyway, trotted in at 9hrs 46 mins but know that this event has now totally compromised a decent time at Snod. Don't care so long as I'm thereimage

ps nobody has niggles worse than I have tonight just ignore themimage

• Options
    That is brilliant running brer rabbitt.
  • Options
    Thanks Trex, the heights sounds good, what has happened to Padern lake hotel? Is it still open
  • Options
    The Padern LH has long ceased to provide the atmosphere and post-race comfort that we will all have earnt. The Heights was good last year. Although I won't be lured into the 3 pre-race pints I had last year. Especially as whole UDS family is staying.

Longest run of the year completed on Wednesday eve - 12 miles! Also Tring Parkrun yesterday which was the entirety of my SNOD hill training image speed training tomorrow which completes my 'training'. This will be interesting....

Email to Halford Hill SNOD residents with final details to go out tonight. image
  • Options
    That's a shame about Padern LH had some good nights in there.
  • Options
    Yes watching the locals at the Padern Karaoke was certainly an entertaining evening. And the SNOD forumites rendition of 'We are the Champions' by Queen was a classic. That was followed by 'dirty burgers' from the van outside.... #memories
  • Options
    Can't believe I've been issued #164 this year and my dad (BR) #163. I was 163 last year!!! What are the chances!? Well actually quite likely I imagine as numbers issued alphabetically and the same people come back every time!! Still a shame I didn't get #163 as I could start claiming it as my own just like PJL image

https://goo.gl/photos/v5Q1yEvRRiFu6QHg7
  • Options
    I am I right in thinking that some of the locals were not bad at karaoke,especially the guy from the local spa shop,, as you say good memories
  • Options

I remember the 50yr old Robbie Williams from the neighbouring village/town who could actually sing.... but I had drunk a lot of beer by that point!

• Options
    Yeah I also had a few beers by this point but i am sure I can remember Meatloaf making an appearance!
  • Options
    Evening all,

Anyone thinking of eating at Pantri on the Friday night as I need to know if it's worth opening late. I will have Lasagne, Curry,Carbonara and some items off the main menu.

As for the Padarn Lake, sadly the lounge area doesn't get used on the weekend any more so no Karaoke. Heights is your best bet, but it can get a bit mental there.

SS
  • Options

Last long run done (Abingdon marathon) was happy with 3'56 but confirmed by target of 3'59 for SNOD is unrealistic.... but might as well leave it up there, it's good to have something ambitious to aim for image

• Options

My last long(ish) run too at 13.6. However now standing at 995 for year so may have to put in 5 tomorrow! image

• Options
    Hi SS I don't think I will be in Llanberis till late or it might even be Saturday morning which is a pity because the food in your Pantri is great,best in Town!
  • Options

When I was able to run a bit I PB'd at Abo (3'35") then completed SNOD in 3'58" in 2011.

• Options

image Have to make a late decision to pull out. Was coming back ok from my plantar injury in June, not the smoothest recovery but adequate, then 4 weeks ago on a routine night time run in the woods I sprained my ankle on the other leg. Been flip-flopping over whether to take part for the last three weeks but today was decision day and managed nearly ten miles but the ankle just isn't right at all.

So gutted. Best of luck everyone. I'll be tracking the race and looking forward to the highlights image

• Options

Massive congratulations Brer. Seriously I don't know how you keep rattling them out the way you do. Hope the aches and pains are starting to ease a little now.

Sorry to hear that you have had to drop out InsideForward. Never an easy decision. One downside of TR's famous list is seeing the list of non starters grow as the race draws near. Having my name appear on it one year I know it isn't much fun. Fingers crossed that you are fighting fit for 2016.

• Options

Morning everyone. Man, catching up on this thread after a few months away is an endurance event in itself...

Looking forward to my 3rd SNOD after bailing last year due to feeling undercooked. We have what I reckon must be the biggest West Mids contingent to date at a SNOD, so apologies in advance if it sounds like a Slade tour bus. West Brom, Birchfield and my very own Shabbarunners will all be out in force, not to mention my pal Gringo and his Baggies shirt.

Training-wise, I certainly haven't lacked for miles but with hindsight more pacework would have been nice. I've been doing lots of commute plodding and big hill volumes, but have tended to restrict tempo stuff to parkrun outings. Ah well, put me down for 4:00 and I'll see how it goes on the day. Staying at the Vic this year so hope to meet/bump into a few of you along the way.

Almost forgot - race number 871!

Good luck all image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

2:54

•  #9  John Bach

3:14

• #985  *Jones*
    • running eye
    • #1666  Top Hat

3:25

• #271  Greg C

3:29

• Chimney
    • #1585  Lazy Greyhound, The
    • #164  Ultra Disco Stu

3:35

• Lemmy

3:44  

• Run Jono

3:58

• #533  mr panad
    • #1327  T Rex
    • Wicksy

3:59

• BritNick
    • #1013 Cae Ras  1st mara image
    • #871  Dennis Hussey
    • McHilly

4:20

• dave turner 
    • #805  MTri

4:27

• #100 Fenland Runner 100th mara  image presentation The Heights 1500-1600-ish
    • legend777

4:30

• Simon Lister 2

4:59

• #580  An Other Half
    • #163  BrickHill Runner

5:30+

• Peter John Lewis

Also running:

• Andrea B
    • #2605  brer rabbit
    • carrot top
    • #498  Gringo WBA
    • Harley Henshaw 2
    • Harshad_Patel
    • #1199  Hobie 1495
    • ian ingham
    • jason d
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • #2099  Naomi Cane
    • #2192  panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • #1524  Reydon Rover
    • #771 runwithmysetter
    • seam fitzgerald 4
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Taylor 1969
    • stilldreaming
    • Tattooed Runner 40-something
    • Torquay runner

• Buxton Sprocket
    • Chrissi
    • Dizzle65
    • hope to ...
    • InsideForward
    • LouP252
    • Wabo
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

McHilly  - great job at Abingdon.  I usually do that one every other year, so 2016 next up.

*Jones*  - for goodness sake taper, man!  No speedwork, no hills = no injuries

brer - good time for an offroad 50.  Some rest and a few iced baths and you'll be well away for SNOD.

My last long run will be tomorrow when I will break with tradition and go out in the early morning for a quick 20.