Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2015

Comments

• Options

OMG, must pop on to see if I'm on the list  image Cracked in 19 miler tonight against all odds, naff all now until Rotherham 50 on Saturday...then as they say 'the hay must surely be in the barn'!! Take care all, avoid anyone spluttering and coughing!image

• Options

2605-yeh, I'm inimage

• Options

580 for me

not so sure a failed attempt at the Pentland Skyline Race was such a good idea now as preparation (timed out at halfway point image)

• Options

2099. image must do taper!

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I'd forgotten about this job ...  

3:14

• *Jones*
    • running eye
    • Top Hat

3:25

• Greg. C

3:29

• Chimney
    • Lazy Greyhound, The
    • Ultra Disco Stu

3:35

• Lemmy

3:44  

• Run Jono

3:46

• InsideForward

3:58

• 533  mr panad
    • 1327  T Rex
    • Wicksy

3:59

• BritNick
    • Cae Ras  1st mara image
    • McHilly

4:20

• dave turner 5

4:27

• Fenland Runner  100th mara image presentation The Heights 1500-1600-ish
    • legend777

4:30

• Simon Lister 2

4:59

• 580  An Other Half
    • BrickHill Runner

5:30+

• Peter John Lewis

Also running:

• Andrea B
    • 2605  brer rabbit
    • carrot top
    • Harley Henshaw 2
    • Harshad_Patel
    • Hobie 1495
    • jason d
    • John Bach
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • MTri
    • 2099  Naomi Cane
    • 2192  panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • runwithmysetter
    • seam fitzgerald 4
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Taylor 1969
    • stilldreaming
    • Tattooed Runner 40-something
    • Torquay runner

• Buxton Sprocket
    • Chrissi
    • Dizzle65
    • hope to ...
    • LouP252
    • Wabo
  • Options
    1666 for me, very satanic.
  • Options

No.9 - my 1st ( & most probably last) ever single digit Snowdonia marathon number!

(Nice pic in the North Wales Weekly News Panad) 

• Options

163 for me and 164 for my son UDS.  That's the closest I'll be to him!

CaeRas Re parking, certainly good to get there early to ensure a place.  Also make sure you have plenty of change.

Thinking about hydration: think I might run with my Camelbak which I found very comfortable on my long runs.  Didn't like the water at the stations last year which I thought had a plastic taste.  Wondering what others do?

• Options

I’m number 498 this year. It's my sixth time and I'm getting just as excited as I was for my first Snowdonia Marathon. Look out for the WBA colours to brighten up your day!!image

• Options

• *Jones*
    • running eye
    • Top Hat

• Greg. C

• Chimney
    • Lazy Greyhound, The
    • Ultra Disco Stu

• Lemmy

• Run Jono

• InsideForward

• 533  mr panad
    • 1327  T Rex
    • Wicksy

• BritNick
    • McHilly

• dave turner 5
    • MTri (805)

• legend777

• Simon Lister 2

• 580  An Other Half
    • BrickHill Runner

• Peter John Lewis

Also running:

• Andrea B
    • 2605  brer rabbit
    • carrot top
    • Harley Henshaw 2
    • Harshad_Patel
    • Hobie 1495
    • jason d
    • John Bach
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • 2099  Naomi Cane
    • 2192  panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • runwithmysetter
    • seam fitzgerald 4
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Taylor 1969
    • stilldreaming
    • Torquay runner
    • Buxton Sprocket
    • Chrissi
    • Dizzle65
    • hope to ...
    • LouP252
    • Wabo
  • Options

Brickhill Runner - it's funny you should mention your camelbak, as I've used mine for all my longer runs and was planning on running with it at Snod.  I'm really bad at not drinking enough and have been trying to sort out hydration issues.  I've found that a couple of Nuun tablets added to the bladder on a 20+ mile run makes all the difference.  There are plenty of water stations during the race, but I haven't the confidence to rely totally on them. I should add that I'll be out on that course a lot longer than many on here and my camelbak will also be stuffed full of other "just in case" items image  

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

• *Jones*
    • running eye
    • #1666  Top Hat

• Greg. C

• Chimney
    • Lazy Greyhound, The
    • #164  Ultra Disco Stu

• Lemmy

• Run Jono

• InsideForward

• #533  mr panad
    • #1327  T Rex
    • Wicksy

• BritNick
    • McHilly

• dave turner 
    • #805  MTri

• legend777

• Simon Lister 2

• #580  An Other Half
    • #163  BrickHill Runner

• Peter John Lewis

Also running:

• Andrea B
    • #2605  brer rabbit
    • carrot top
    • #498  Gringo WBA
    • Harley Henshaw 2
    • Harshad_Patel
    • #1199  Hobie 1495
    • jason d
    • #9  John Bach
    • KingKenny
    • koiboy
    • Mrs Lemmy
    • #2099  Naomi Cane
    • #2192  panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • runwithmysetter
    • seam fitzgerald 4
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Taylor 1969
    • stilldreaming
    • Torquay runner

• Buxton Sprocket
    • Chrissi
    • Dizzle65
    • hope to ...
    • LouP252
    • Wabo
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Anybody else doing this as a first marathon?  Cae Ras could sure do with some support!

Everyone OK?  Getting ready for the UK's best marathon?  

Is everything looking good at the Forum House?  I might not be arriving there much before 2100 on Friday.

• Options

I will be completely open and honest, I was so gutted that I wasn't allocated the #100.  However the organisers have informally indicated that even though the print copy will not have #100 next to my name I will have #100 on race day.  Whether this transpires to be, I'm determined to enjoy the day.

With respect to training I'm planning to run twice plus swim twice between now and the race.

See you at Llanberis on the 24th.

• Options

...and to answer one  of T-Rex's questions in an obtuse way, it was my second marathon back in 2008.

• Options

No. 985 for me. Getting excited now image

• Options

I'm no 1013 which is uncanny as it's my lucky number ha ha.

thanks for the help on race day logistics. Good point about not forgetting to register that would be slightly typical!

• Options

Help for spectators

Hi-running this for the first time this year and was hoping to get some advice for my family who are spectating. 

We are staying in Porthmadog so I',ll be in Llanberis nice and early. They want to spectate at some stage and then be in Llanberis to see my weary bones cross the line

Does anyone have any advice on a good place to spectate please?

I was thinking they could drive to beddgelert and then go to Llanberis via the A487?

6th marathon for me so looking forward to something different and spending time in North Wales (went to University at Bangor). 

• Options

Ian Ingham: Beddgelert does get very busy, it was grid locked when I ran thro after 2:15 from start.  It had cleared by 3:15 when my wife drove thro. There are a number of places where spectators gather before the runners reach Beddgelert.  If you want a later place in the course, my wife waited at mile 16. There's a car park with small café.

• Options

This You Tube clip gives a good view of the course for those who are first timers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kWj7n73O6Q

• Options

ii - the atmosphere in Beddgelert (the half way point) is excellent - one of my favourite bits of the course! You've got to bear in mind if that your family are with you in Llanberis before the start the road up the Pass will be closed 1/2hr before the race starts - they'd have to go to Llanberis via Llanrug & Waunfawr - should be do'able though. I'm not sure what the parking will be like at Beddgelert at the time. After they see you in Beddgelert they should have time to hop into the car and either go back to Llanberis or, perhaps, drive over to Waunfawr and see you there (before you go up the hill) before going back to the finish

• Options

Good point re BR - yes, I can imagine Beddgelert becoming gridlocked, with cars coming over the bridge from the Porthmadog direction as well. I've never spectated and haven't had family spectate on the course. I know a few from my running club go to Rhyd Du, which is just over 16 miles into the race - probably where BR's wife was - car parking there, plus a pub/café. Gels are handed out in Beddgelert - Rhyd Du is a good place to get another gel handed out for the relatively flat 5 mile section to Waunfawr - gels, jelly babies, isotonic drink handed out in Waunfawr, just before the start of the last climb

• Options

BR/John-thanks for the pointers -really helpful and looks like Rhyd Du will be the best choice. Always good to know where the family will be so that I can put on a good show and pick up the pace briefly!

• Options
    If you're slow like me even with the Beddgelert traffic jam any support crew can follow you around AS long as they get to Penypass before the road is shut. Several years runners near me have had support they we see every few miles. The other way is to have bike support?
  • Options

No 771 for me image

Doing a last 16m on Sunday and then good to go and as always - can't bloomin wait!!!!

Good luck to all

Pob lwc pawb

RWMS

• Options

It's a dream come true. The start list now has 100 next to my name.

I'd like to thank those who made that happen imageimageimage

• Options

Great news FR. Remember I had a similar situation when I did my 50th at SNOD 2010 and they got me reallocated with the number 50 without any fuss. It does put the icing on the cake for a milestone marathon. 

Trust you have got your traditional #108 sorted now PJL?  

#1585 for me this year.

• Options

Nice one FR. The organisers I know will always try and accommodate runners requests - I will never forget their thoughtfulness after being contacted, out of the blue, to see if I wanted the number that my Dad wore when he did the race! I guess that's one of the things which makes this such a special event!?

The hay is in the barn now and whilst I am behind where I was fitness wise last year, hoping for another sub 2.55

• Options
    Greg CGreg C ✭✭✭

I too am travelling from Porthmadog Ian - I reckon Rhyd Ddu is as good a place as any for the family to watch. Ty Mawr cafe definitely worth a visit with great food and cakes.

I will have to look out for you UD Stu. I am no. 271. A couple of mates have done the L100 before so I'll be getting a few tips from them and doing a few reccies with them too.

A week to go - hope all the final preparation goes well and good luck to everyone for race day!