Options

A bit like sub-4 (but 15 minutes quicker)

Comments

• Options

Looneys' I have known image

Just had an e-mail from Mark Dalton who Iran Calderdale Hike with and Clairster also knows from various long hill runs. He ran the district double of White Peak and Windermere in two days in May and his latest exploit blows that away.

He ran the Himalayan stage race image. I've often fancied a stage race but don't think I'd brave starting on that one.

As part of that he came 9th in the Everest Challenge marathon in a bloody impressive 5hrs40!!!! out of 64 runners!

Am-mazin!

p.s. I also like to stretch in public, and often participate in group stretch sessions after a club run image

• Options
    Hmm... Nice day for a few lunges, then I'll work on my tan linehttp://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/Harrison+ford+in+speedos.jpg
  • Options
    SB -thats like the Kamasutra for single peopleimage
  • Options
                                           My hamstrings are fine, but i get an itchy bum sometimes......
    http://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_937.jpg

Little Supple

• Options
    I had intended to learn how to do that stretch but I've just never got round to it.
  • Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

What a time to find out you've got Diarrhoea!   image

SB

• Options
    Hobbley, I've often felt that most of my disillusioned Arab mates have their head already up their ar..chie McPherson........
  • Options

ok here's the real picture, stretching my back....

http://www.thetop10everything.com/files/www.thetop10everything.com/img/56/speedos.jpg

... wondering where my low calorie beer is!

Out with the club tonight, knew it would be tough speedwork so just hung out marking the back. Nice to get back out there

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

* * * *  T   O   T   P   * * * *

Well if no one else wants it...

SB

• Options
    Every time I open up this forum in my office a picture of a man in some form of pants appears on screenimage I am getting some very funny looks
  • Options

lol

re stretching - I always stretch after a run (all the ones SB mentioned) and  I do drills twice a week, 90mins yoga once a week and 30mins yoga once a week AND a core session if I get chance. I feel stronger for i, I ache less and I feel my range of movement is getting better. My back no longer aches and although it is a bit of a pain to fit it all in sometimes, I know I am better for it.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
  • Options

Lol! true Umbongo.... were a bit weird I guess image

In google we trust.

• Options

Hmmm - strange run this morning. Was fighting nausea for the first 3 miles, then vomited, felt a bit better but still a bit grim.

I had cereal instead of toast this morning, before running, I can only deduce that this caused the sickness?

I had an hour between eating it and running, but maybe this wasn't enough? Or maybe it was the fact that it was mainly fluid rather than bread?

Either way, was annoying!

• Options

Clairster - you obviously have too much time on your hands!!  image  I know you dont' really, but that's good going!!  I've often fancied trying yoga, sounds good.  You still buzzing?

SB, glad the stretching is having a positive effect, it doesn't look cool but certainly does the trick.  Had a few funny looks this week while doing adductor stretches in my office (with lights on and door open)!!  I have no shame.  Frustrating this non-running lark though eh?!!  Needs must ....  I keep telling myself I'll feel better for it in the long run.

Friday is normally my long run day, but not this week image  and the weather looks good for a change.  Swimming for me this morning, a mile in the pool at 7am - very cold water this morning.  Have cycled for past 3 days into work and home, fine coming in, but going home I'm not able to see a damn thing and hit every available pot hole and drain in the dark.  Good news is I'm allowed to run XC on Sunday and built up mileage again after that.

Euph, thanks for link to Rombalds, will send entry off today.  Adductors on inside of thighs, so breast stroke strictly out of the question in the pool today.  My week looks like yours - Running = 0, Cycling = 7 hours, swiming = 1.5 hours, stretching = 0.5 hours.  I'm going backwards at the moment, so don't currently have a target time for Thirsk, you will be a mere speck on the horizon this year!!  Totally missed the boat for Snake Lane 10 too, but not overly fussed to be honest, have entered Wilmslow HM, do you fancy that one?

Tutu, hope the bone scan gives you the all clear & you can join us on canal run.  Did you get injected with the dye beforehand then have to drink loads of liquid?  All fun - you'll have a glow-in-the-dark Ready Breck outline soon.

LS, know how you feel, I think I could run faster backwards than forwards at the moment!!

Nick, will e-mail you about weekend, your running is fab at the moment, I need you as my training partner!!  Hope some magic will rub off on me.

Come December we will all be fighting fit and sprinting 10 x 6.30 mile reps - hurrah!!

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Hope you're feeling better Nick. Morning sickness, eh?  If I was LS I'd be suggesting the purchase of a 'Clear Blue', but I'm not that cheeky so I won't!! image.   Must have been the cereal...yes, that'll be it!

Went to the fizz at lunchtime who put my leg in some weird positions. I'm sure there are people paying a premium for that sort of niche product in certain areas of Amsterdam!

It's all looking good at the mo. After my blast around 5 miles yesterday I was keen to see if my pelvis remained in place and it was spot on. I can really feel the difference too. Now it's in place and I'm doing the stretches, I can feel other pains as things sort themselves out.

Had some more Ultrasound on th ehip and now I don't have to go back for another week. Not allowed to do more than 5 miles at a time, so might squeeze 3 runs and a spinning session in before I see him next. Desperately trying not to get carried away but I'm feeling pretty positive right now.

J-Baby, welcome to the OSCers.  (Office Stretchers Club). image

Today's stretch of the day is the hip flexor lunge in front of the office water barrell.

SB

• Options
    No, no, no no.. that would be 18 months too early. This family planning lark needs to fit in with marathon goals dontcha know!
  • Options

Clairster - wow you stretchy one - I feel tired just reading what you get up to.

This week a distaster as hamstring stopped me running at the start and work stopped me running at the end.

• Options
    Now look what you made me do Clairster - how do I get out of this one??
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/Rmassimiano/SCpETfK8U6I/AAAAAAAAAis/bOwFiOjfh-g/s400/suit.jpg

• Options

yep must be the cereal NickM...well hopefully anyway otherwise you may end up doing a 'shorty' at the FLM !!!

that was a damm fast run SB, I could only dream of that pace, downhill with the wind behind me perhaps, good luck with the fizz, looks like it's working.

don't worry LS we all have those hard work runs, mine's lasted for about the last 4 weeks !.

another slow run for me today, 13.2 miles at 10 min miling, bit of an undulating route but still fairly hard work tokeep HR low. Got so frustrated with slow pace threw in a quick half mile effort towards the end, my HR hit 180 !! bloody hell that's high for me, maybe I'm just getting unfitter as I get older ! Glad we're only looking at a slow pace on saturday otherwise poor euph'll have to wait half an hour for me to catch up !

well did my longish run today so only a little 5-6 miler tomorrow, thank goodness

cheers

beders

• Options
    missed that one UmB, wow you are bendy, what out for those smelly farts though !!!
  • Options
    Good run Beders - thats why my hands are where they are!
  • Options
    LS - Disillusioned? Arabs? Why would that be? (Always a dangerous thing to ask on a Saturday before 10 to 5)
  • Options

Just heading out on my long run - will do about 13 miles if all goes to plan. No pressure on the pace front, just nice and easy, enjoying the 250 new tracks on my ipod!

Felt queasy again this morning, but I can't be pregnant (we girls know how to take precautions chaps!). Maybe I've got a slight bug?

Beders - well done on the long run. I'm happy to run at a steady pace on Saturday - that will definitely suit me. We'll let Euph and JBSS storm off whilst we put the world to rights!

Happy running.

Anyone racing this weekend? Good luck if you are - is it the Leeds Abbey Dash tomorrow?

• Options
    NickM - there's only one precaution that's guaranteed!
  • Options

Did you get your 13 in Nick? Hope tummy feels better, I know if I'm not quite 100% I usually feel worst first thing (especially if I try running before breakfast or just after).

Beders - Slow pace suits me as need to get used to time on feet again for Rudolph's Romp, Hebden and Rombalds Stride. No point in pushing the pace too much yet if no short races to train for, its a long road to London!

Umbongo - A page of no men in pants/speedos so far, though that pic of the guy in suit is equally disturbing!

JBSS - Will look at Wilmslow as I recall it sounded good from somebodies report last year. I'm thinking of getting back on the bike for a few commutes each week, some gentle recovery cardio while its not too icey. Think my adductors are ok, I occasionally do that exercise where you squeeze a ball or fist between knee's, nothing else specific though. Hope you get back running those 10 x 6.30 image reps soon .

SB - Careful with that lunge! Glad to hear your feeling benefits from treatment already.

Just 8m for me this morning, conciously tried to run more front-footed with more knee bend which felt tough but may be worth a go for a more economic-stylee. 8 steady, undulating miles was enough.

Time for beers soon image

• Options

Hi Euph - yes I managed my 13 miles. Was a lovely run, only slightly plagued by the nausea/sicky feeling at miles 11 and 12. I nipped into a shop and bought a bottle of LZ which seemed to help settle things down. For the final mile I was feeling fine again. Bit annoying as until that point I was averaging 8.15 pace, but those two miles made me slower. Never mind. Just had a yummy Activia yoghurt with a banana, trying to eat things that will help my stomach settle.

I'm also thinking about fitting in a few cycle commutes, now that I'm working in Leeds. I haven't looked at a route yet, but it could be fun, there's secure parking for my bike at work, then I could pop it on the train back. One to think about when I'm on a late start perhaps?

Glad you're getting back into things after your poorliness. What's with the gait change? Enjoy the beers. A quiet nigh for me with a bottle of wine - seeing as JBSS is out hunting ghosts!

Enjoy your running everyone!

• Options
  • Options
    Wot have you lot done top me? Off to join Speedos anonymous