Options

P&D Spring Marathon 2019

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff Jools, well and truly back on the wagon. Good to hear you're feeling fresh post 20. 

Cold out there at the moment isn't it! I've actually been doing some running; logged 40 miles already this week and heading along to a session with the club tomorrow morning. 

I've done a '2018 review' on the blog if anyone wants something to chew on during their lunch;

https://spragginsblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/04/2018-training-racing-summary/
  • Options
    Great distance for a commute, AWC. I stand a lot whilst actually teaching, but in my office I have a shelf with my laptop or marking on. I really appreciate it and hate inset days that involve hours of sitting. 
    I love nothing more than a cold, still morning, Hazel. There was a massive moon on Wednesday and stunning stars. I quite like the feeling of experiencing it whilst all around the world sleeps on. 
    Nice work with the tris, Ramjet. No doubt the longer stuff will set you up well for a spring campaign. 
    Pleased to hear you’re loving the running again Joe. I’ll remember to smash an ultra and marathon when motivation is low! Will save the blog for later on, always a good read. 
    -4C for this morning’s recovery, but low wind and just about a nice sun at 8am. Layered up and wore gloves, so didn’t get cold. A very rare on road recovery, and the pace was a little quicker as a result, something like 8:20s. 
    Looking forward to my third ever XC tomorrow at the Glos Champs. I’ll be a very, very long way down the field, but keen for a thrash out. Good LT training. Jooligan, or perhaps FBT, are you there? Or maybe even spoons now you’ve unearthed the off roaders?
  • Options
    Ooo just entered Chichester 10k. On Feb 3rd. It ties in nicely with a family occasion. It has moved location now, but used to be a lightening fast course. Ran 36:10 there, twice, so quite possibly short! It is the Sussex champs so huge and fat field. Now held partly on Goodwood motor circuit. More schedule juggling ahead!
    Anyone else keen?
  • Options
    george_george_ ✭✭✭
    Hello all, mind if I join in here? I've followed along on here and the Autumn threat, albeit with few running exploits to share. I will be building towards Manchester on the 7th April with a 3:10 (ish) target

I am in theory doing the 55-70 mile 18 week P&D. I say in theory as the past 5 weeks have been a series of colds, man flu, coughing fits and hangovers with just a 30 mile a week average. I blame the hygiene levels in my office for all this.

Anyway, lots of ploddy stuff at the minute with some speedy intervals planned for next week
  • Options
    SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Welcome aboard, George. Hope the illness clears up and you can crack on soon. 

Enjoyed the blog, Joe. You had an incredible year, both in terms of the big performances, but also frequency of racing. If I’m honest, I’m not surprised energy and motivation took a dip. Only right for them to do so, and it means you’re now back on it even stronger. 

Seeing your VLM photo brought back memories of the heat so soon after the filthy winter. Everyone is soaking wet from throwing water over themselves. Swimming trunks clearly a suitable choice. 
  • Options
    Excellent run FBT ! Mud ! In a marathon :shudder: ;)

Couple of good outings there post race SQ !!  20@7min milling is really quite a test. Wouldn’t worry about anything much after that. 17 with a substantial marathon effort portion in the same timeframe. Hmm ! I’m down for the Gloucester 20 as part of the London build up by the way.

RSR - That’s unfortunate to be both poorly and misdirected in the race like that. I know someone else higher up the field who was on for a good pb. I just realised I have no idea whether marshalls generally get paid or whether these organisations rely on volunteers ...

Well done on the tri finish Joe ! And the Christmas Day marathon so close to it. You’re made of iron (appropriately enough !).

Nice to see JCG and Ramjet back ! Good luck in your preparations.

Chicksta - Holy icy horse turds ! Well done on the threshold work and getting out in the bitter cold. Barcelona is a noisy place on NYE !

Good work too AWC on the threshold stuff.  I find it difficult to do the splits too  :D Quite a few at our place have standing desks like that and I’ve considered it. I might try it at home first. I’d feel a bit conspicuous standing up in the middle of an open plan office and feel it could hamper me in the odd browse of this thread too ;) 

Jooligan - 20m with 2000ft. Wow. I trust you had a good break :)

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Happy New Year folks 

SQ - ive done chichester a few times, cant believe the old course was short as it was a bit race with big money prizes, it was quick though with the downhill last couple of km. The new course is potentially quick too, but last year it was very windy and the lap of the motor cct is very exposed. Well organised though with parking now on the grass round the cct.

Whilst im here...........i had a marathon comeback at Abo in october after a few compromised years, and scraped a very cramp affected 3.01 off a shortish build up. Which has motivated me towards Brighton 2019 as i can see a potential sub3 again despite being M50 AG. I have been reading P and D lately and have a question re the 20% and 10% paces re long and medium runs. Do folks adhere to these? I note SQ 20 at 7.0X which sees quick with a ~2.50 target ? Running too fast for too long too often is where lots of folks have ruined their marathons.  10% slower on a long run is fast and hard running for me.
  • Options

SQ - I used to do Chi 10k every year, cant believe it was short being a masters qualifying race, but now its moved, its no where near as good and not sure I will do it this year round the motor circuit!

Good to have another one on board George. Same target as me - so will be following your moves!

AWC - yes brighton will be my A race. (Not sure I should admit but I'm an accountant as well. Hope no one thinks less of me : D)

Muddy funster - with a name like yours I thought you would love a bit of mud in a marathon. I don't like getting wet or dirty so not a good one for me!

I'm having a day off as since changing running shoes I have a pain on the inside of my foot. Ordered some new Asics Kayano. Hope that does the trick!

• Options
    Where did Xmas/New Year go ?

FBT - enjoyed the report, as others have said, sounds like a good time for the course and conditions.

Well done on the LT Chicksta and the -5 GA.

Welcome back Ram and JCG.

Hope the VO2 went well Hazel.  I'm another La Sportiva convert.  I've only recently bought some Mutants but they are the most comfy trail shoes I've ever worn (small sample mind).

Those run commutes look like good training AWC, well done on the annual mileage with everything else.  Hope you are in good shape for the Country to Capital.

Muddy - excellent holiday 10k.  I'm not sure which I'm more envious of, the venue or the time.

Jools - a 20 miler on Dartmoor sounds like sufficient punishment for the festive hedonism.

Spoons - sound like you made the best of the Glos 10, hope you are over the cold.

SQ - well done on the 7 sins (sounds like a weight watchers race).  Speedy 20m too, good luck with the xc.

Joe - I enjoyed the annual review.  You've packed a lot in (as many races as Jools ?), best of luck going forwards.  Well done on the tri podium.

Welcome George, always difficult to stick to the plan over Xmas I find, good luck with knuckling down now.

TR - shooting for 3:00 in the past I doubt any of my LRs or MLRs have averaged much below 8mm.

My main goal over the festive period was to tick off the key sessions which I've just about managed so now nearing end of week 5.  My highlight was a NYD mara parkrun double.  9m out, 3 at PR, 7m to next PR, 3 then 4 home.  I was pleasantly unbattered by it which was nice.  My LT sessions seem to be improving too.  I'm probably running them a bit too quick but I might have troubled my 5k PB in todays 4m@LT and certainly beat my 5m (soft) PB in the previous 5@LT a week or two back.  I've just got a MP session to schedule in this weekend then its a recovery week, well timed in advance of a 43miler next weekend then total devotion to the plan.
  • Options
    RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the XC SQ.

Hi George. Hope you conquer the infections.

Hi TR. I normally manage to hit the paces but don't get too hung up about it, especially the day after a race.

If MP is 6:50 then 20% is 8:10 and 10% is 7:30. I normally naturally hit about 8:00 at fairly easy effort and hitting 7:20 - 7:30 is normally OK in the second half. That suggests my MP should be 6:40 but I can't do that!

Just a recovery 5 for me today. Seem to have rediscovered the marathoners shuffle in fine style.
  • Options
    Great read as ever JB. Hope you get the other things sorted out soon so you can start enjoying your training again.
    For the record I managed 50 parkruns, 3x5K, 2x10K, 1x8M, 4x10M, 3xHM, 1x20M, 4xMara, 3 Tris (inc Half-X & X), 5 XC, Man v Horse, Cotswold Way Relay, 2 night, 7 fell & 12 track races = 99!
    I tried hitting the paces my 1st 2 times through P&D TR but haven’t worried about them at all the last 2 marathon campaigns with no discernible difference in marathon performance. Running easier resulted in lots of other PBs from parkrun to 20M. I’m pretty sure my race schedule takes care of the upper end adaptations.😂
    See the wheels are still bolted firmly on Macca. Hopefully you get to cash in your awesome training times in a race soon. Podium finish in the Ultra😜
    Top NY all round Muddy. Remember looking at the results from that race last year & thinking 😮 
    Welcome George. Hope the end of the festive season means you can get into a proper training routine. The dedication demonstrated here certainly helps with motivation at times.
    See you at XC SQ. I’ll be plodding round towards the back for sure after another hilly MLR today.
  • Options
    Welcome George - you'll enjoy it here, lot's of friendly faces.

Good luck today SQ and Jools. I think the trunks are here to stay re; VLM so let's hope it's not too cold in April!

Macca - as others have said, you're absolutely flying at the moment! Must be the best shape you've ever been in? Saw you logged another impressive 20 today. Get yourself to some races, sharpish! I'd have thought all your PB's are there for the taking.

Jools - 99 races! Surely you could've found just one more..

Back into proper sessions with a bang today. 3 x 5km with a 1km float, with the last 5km taking place at the same time as parkrun. Group of about 10 of us, but no one going at exactly my pace so ran the majority solo.

19:14, 18:58 and 18:33 for the 3 efforts. Tried to run it progressively from MP effort upwards. Was absolutely cooked by the end. Nice to be back working hard though. 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Welcome George. What the others said. There a lot of inspiration and motivation on this forum  plus some good old light hearted banter. Hope your ailments are history now and you can string a decent campaign together.  Some dudes on here are lightning fast. I cover the other end of the spectrum being a bit if an old bird (F50).

Hi TR. I think I remember you from one of the RW coaching threads way back when. Was it Carter going sub 4? Like others wrote I wouldn't worry too much about 20 and 10% faster. If I feel good I will  run my longer runs progressively but never pay attention to percentage.

Macca: Blimey, nice DIY marathon. And on NYD when all and sundry are nursing their hangovers :)

Jools: Your race schedule would have broken me (and my marriage) ;)

Just 8 miles with strides today. Waiting for the rain to clear. It's 14 degrees warmer than Thursday when them frozen horse turds almost broke me leg :D
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks, sounds like most of you dont chase the paces. I typically would do all of my long runs eaay paced (8:XX). I tried to push it a bit today and wentva bit too quick really wuth 10 av 7.40 and 10 av 7.10, certainly wont do it very often as it was tough and burned a few matches, but i can see there can be gains to be made by running hard when tired.

Chicksta - i was mentor to a guy called sense 5 or 6 years ago, not sure now if the aim was 3.45 or 3.30 but he went sub 3.30 at Paris that year, so happy days. I just had to slow him down and run a bit more often, with the odd shortish BAC type session so he could run a bit quicker sometimes, which is what he liked.
  • Options
    Nice one, TR. Yep, I do remember Sense now. Back in the days when I could still run sub 3:30. Sigh. I'm still trying to defy age :D and have not yet given up hope.

Did my 8 with strides. Struggled a bit as I've just resumed regular yoga sessions and also did a tough little strength workout at the gym yesterday so the legs were not very responsive.

Very excited that parkrun is finally being launched in Hamburg next Saturday. I hope that's my LT run for the week sorted ;)
  • Options
    Muddy - noted. That will replace next week’s LT rather than supplement it. You keep me in check!
    TR - yes, I’ve experienced windy race courses before. Hopefully will get in a pack. Agreed 7:03s is on the fast side, but importantly they were still largely easy efforts. And my recoveries are very, very slow: 9-8:30 miling. 
    FBT sure it’s not short. I’ve just never got anywhere near my times anywhere else! Running in packs definitely helps. 
    Outstanding week Macca. Enjoy the recovery week with a 43M race! No doubt you’ll smash it. 
    Haha Jooligan putting Joe’s race tally to shame. 
    Great session Joe. Well timed with parkrun. Saw Reg did something similar. Excellent idea. 
    Well done on the strides. Always tough when reintroducing s&c. Super news on parkrun. Love it. 
    Great fun at the Glos XC Chsmpionships today. 39:35 for the 10k. No idea what position, but a long way behind the quick boys. Brilliant old school running fun: hills, twists and turns, mud, 6(!) river crossings. Great support and a super atmosphere. Didn’t have my absolute race face on, but enjoyed going hard. Great to catch up with Jooligan before and after (nice one on the 350th  parkrun this morn!). 
    This and my first ever track race in the summer are definitely amongst my running highlights. No bullshit, just pure smashfests, that thankfully don’t last too long. 
  • Options
    JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    JB: hadn't counted them up til I read your blog. Ironically in January I keep saying I won't race as often this year but I've consistently been around the 100 mark since 2015 :D
    Chicksta I'm free to race as often as I like these days since my marriage went South just over 3 years ago & my daughter is now grown-up. Exciting news re Hamburg parkrun.
    Parkrun & XC double race day for me. First races I've been able to get my HR up to near optimum race rate for about a month. Consequently I enjoyed both. It was my 350th parkrun so I stayed at home in spite of my aversion to mud & cani-X. Fortunately the speedy dog-assisted fliers were elsewhere today so there were no early obstructions. Went out hard but about a dozen were ahead of me by the first corner however I stuck at it & reeled them in one by one til I was in 4th with 400m to go when one young lad came back past me followed almost immediately by another chap who'd been chasing me the whole way apparently. So 6th & sub-20 on a twisty, rooty, muddy, lumpy course.
    XC in the afternoon was great fun. Saw SQ who had a cracking race, finishing some 3 minutes ahead of me. It was 3x 2M laps which each included 2 stream & 2 river crossings, a brutal climb & off camber descent + a wooded section with another gradual climb then a near vertical descent. Very happy with the race in general as I managed to pick people off throughout even though the river crossings slowed me more than others so I was constantly battling for position with the same few folk as I was faster on the flat/downhill. Pleasingly I only slowed by 15s from 1st to 3rd lap.
    Not sure where I finished overall as I left almost immediately: I'm pretty confident no medals were likely. 6 thigh deep river crossings had left my shorts & feet soaking so I was frozen as soon as the race finished. Fortunately I have a decent heater in the car :)
    I'm through the deepest part already here!!

• Options
    RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭
    Awesome tempo workout JB. I saw a similar workout that Callum Hawkins did on Strava - with something like 3 x 15 min 5Ks!

That's a speedy 20 TR! Hope you recover quickly.

Parkrun sounds fab Chicksta!

Great XC SQ. That's a pretty fast time on that course.

A standard Saturday for you then Jooligan. Glad you are getting your speed back.

16 miles with 8 @ MP for me today. Was a bit worried about it as it would be my longest run since VLM last year and my first MP workout since then. Conditions were fab though and it went well with the MP miles averaging about 6:45. Frustratingly the GPS went a bit doolally at the end of the final MP mile and made it look like I was fading. I definitely did not ;-)

The challenge with these tough marathon workouts is trying to doing anything productive with the rest of your day!
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Well done on the XC folks, rather you than me.

SQ - i think that old chichester course was so fast due to the downhill last 2k. Eastleigh is probably quicker though.

Good going Ramjet, thats a strong run so early on, you should be able to do a few more MP miles on top of the 8 later in the plan, and thats a very good indicator if you can do around 10+ in a long run.
  • Options
    Inspiring xc results, SQ and Jools. I hate getting my feet wet so this ain't for me ;)

That's seriously impressive stuff, Ramjet. I'd say an afternoon nap might be in order. Think of its importance in terms of recovery :D 

15.5 miles for me. Super sluggish. To be fair, P&L only called for 12 but I fancied something longer. Longest run since Berlin and it taught me a lesson. Speed work and 10-12 milers do not enough for your endurance! I have no plans for a spring mara but it would be nice to keep the endurance up a bit so I don't have to start from scratch in June.
  • Options
    Great XC report, Jools. Your slowdown was a lot less than mine! Impressive 20M to back it up today. Your base is building very nicely. 

6:45s for MP at this stage, with a big week, puts you in a great place, Ramjet. Keep it up. 

Yes, TR, I loved that downhill finish. 

Nice long run chicksta. Just think of all the speed reserve you’ve built up in the process. For what it’s worth I felt the P&L plan left me pretty marathon fit. It went to 18 or 19 if I remember correctly. 

14M MLR for me this morning. Took it easy as conscious of the big effort yesterday. 7:32 average flagging a little by the end, which is very rare. Although anything other than a recovery post race is unusual for me so perhaps not unexpected. Then enjoyed supporting a club run on the Cotswold Way. Great fun cheering the runners on and building dens in the woods. 
  • Options
    Good stuff Chicksta & SQ.
    Spotted a couple of other decent LRs on Strava from Spoons & Joe too. I expect Macca will bang  out an ultra about 9 or 10 this evening :D  
    As SQ mentioned I backed up yesterday's faster stuff with another 20M on the local trails which involved a fair bit of climbing again. First 13 was with the club then a bonus 7 solo. Nothing speedy but nevertheless I was knackered by the end, mind you I'd had no breakfast & took nothing with me not even water. I've done 4x20M in the last 4 weeks + 2 more in November - only did 2 during the Abo build-up! That's 80M already in 2018  B 
  • Options

I need to stop leaving so long between posts, lots going on! Although catching up is a great excuse to put off my yoga session...  >:)

Jooligan as soon as the mess-up became clear I remembered you warning me about them last time! Lesson learned. Great work with XC, 350th parkrun, and some solid long runs. Great photo as usual too!

That’s great you’ve got your mum running Joe. Congrats on the podium in Edinburgh and good luck for the job interviews. Enjoyed your 2018 round-up too, what a year you had!

Good to hear from you JCG, it’s great you’re getting back in to things after the twins.

SQ it was north up the river and on to the Droitwich canal. Unfortunately while the canal is generally nice compacted gravel (as you know), the first 1/2 mile was a quagmire, not sure why that section was so bad! Wouldn’t worry about the MP run so soon after the 20 miler, as you say still a solid workout. Great work at the XC yesterday too.

Sounds like a great run-commute route AWC. I’ve considered a standing desk but I think my legs deserve a rest sometimes! I do make an effort to move about through the day though, and try to walk about during phone meetings etc to avoid being stuck in one position all the time.

Bad luck with the frozen hands chicksta. Great news about parkrun, I see it’s at the park by the lake? What a beautiful area for a parkrun!

Thanks Ramjet yes slowly getting there. Agree about the still weather currently, made those couple of cold days at least bearable. Nice work on the MP run today.

Welcome George, don’t worry too much about the disrupted start to training, plenty of time yet.

That’s a great time off a short build-up TR. Personally I tend towards MP+10% on long runs, as I like to make them a good workout. I work off effort/heart rate though and have learned what is sustainable for me. If MP+10% is impacting the rest of your training too much, I wouldn’t be afraid to slow up. There’s no one way and it’s about finding what works for you. 

Hope the new shoes do the job FBT.

Macca your training lately is incredible, your consistency is clearly paying dividends. Look forward to seeing the results.

Big three days for me, a 16/5 double on Friday was decent, especially in such chilly (though thankfully ice free) weather. I always feel a bit sluggish when it’s super-cold. That was followed by 11 on the canal yesterday then 22 miles this morning. Lovely conditions, cold without being freezing and pretty still. Pace was marginally progressive and averaged 7:11/mi.

Main thing is with 50 miles in 3 days there are no signs of the PF flaring up, so fingers crossed I can crack on and hopefully get back to where I was...

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    SQ - i think the new Chichester course still has the potential of being quick, it always attracts lots of quick runners so theres always lots to chase. The early miles are in lanes with high hedges, so sheltered. The motor circuit is a quick surface with no tight bends.

Spoons - thanks, +10% is some tough running. I'll do the odd progressive as per Saturday and see how it goes. I'll alternate with some slower time on feet runs for a good mix. Good one on controlling the PF, i stopped running for a good few months in 2016 due to PF and a groin/stomach issue. Its been tough (and humbling) trying to get back to where i was 4 or 5 years ago as im now over 50. But sub3 is still possible. 
  • Options
    RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭
    Thanks TR. I plan to do the longer MP runs in half marathons to make them more bearable!

I did have a pretty decent rest Chicksta and didn't feel very guilty ;-) Nice long run.

Nice pace on the MLR SQ.

Good "starvation" long run there Jooligan! Hopefully you'll have breakfast before your marathon?

Crazy mileage over three days there Spoons. If your PF can tolerate that then things are looking good.

Just the recovery 5 for me. Legs surprisingly OK.
  • Options
    Just a recovery 7m this eve Jools as per re-jigged plan!  99 races love it. Great stuff at XC & SQ too.

Loads of great LRs and MLRs and frozen horse turd avoidance, too late (12:20) to mention them in detail but noted😁
  • Options
    HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Happy new year everyone. I've been off the radar the last 2 weeks. Just back from a week in North Wales. Back at work now and hoping to slip back into the running schedule.

Ramjet - Good to see you back. Solid pace already

Joe - Bummer about the job. Fingers crossed. Great that running is going well again. I'm not surprised you're keen to have another good crack at an IM. I would really like to know how well you would've done in Bolton if you weren't hit by a car. I reckon you would've smashed that run.

Everyone else - great running, etc

I did like the talk of frozen horse turds. I rolled my ankle on a dry cow pat last summer.

Just 22 and 15 miles last couple of weeks. Maybe a bit less than hoped but not too concerned. Got lots of sleep and generally took it easy. Also did plenty of walks with the family, including a Snowdon accent with my 2 year old in a backpack.

11.5 miles this morning with 7.5 mile offroad, hilly tempo. Didn't bust a gut but just a solid effort. 
  • Options

Jools (and SQ) - That looks horrid. I'm with Chicksta, hate getting wet feet. So not for me, Im a fair weather dry runner.

Bad news for me as I seem to have caught a bout of Plantar fasciitis. I thought it was just sore feet with horrid new shoes from a month or 2 ago, but after a 10 mile run yesterday with pain in the arches and the pain in the heel first thing this morning, it def seems like plantar fasciitis. I think it must be due to the horrid new pair of shoes I bought, as never had this before. Any advice from anyone (cue Spoons...)? stop running? keep running? I have new Asics coming this week, so hopefully that will help. will take a few days off first and reassess.

• Options
    SQ & Jools - sounds like you had a good turnout at XC. And both backed up nicely with long runs yesterday. Kudos.

Ramjet - cracking MP run so early in the year, must give you a nice bit of confidence.

Chick - I know what you mean about losing the edge endurance wise, do you plan to slip in a 15 miler every few weeks or so?

Spoons - 3 huge days for you! Already back on the mega mileage. Great to see. Decent pace on that long run as well.

HA - sounds like you had a great break. I'm always quite envious of you actually, as you seem to really be able to take a bit of time off to recharge and not worry about missed miles etc. I think it's probably a lesson to the rest of us, as you still seem to get the results you want and it works well.

FBT - really sorry to hear. Katie has been diagnosed with the same thing and has been to see a couple of physios. She's stopped running completely for a while, and is doing lots of prescribed stretches and strength exercises. 

Backed up saturdays 3x5km with a solid 20 miles @ 7:15mm yesterday. First 7 were around 7:30 but then jump in with the club Sunday run which seemed to accelerate things but wasn't too taxing. Legs pretty knackered today though, just a really easy recovery 6. 
  • Options
    AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    FBT: thats pants with the PF - hope the new shoes do the trick
    Joe: That is a couple of very solid runs there - 3x5km sounds horrible!
    HA: glad to hear you had a nice break with the family and took it easy.
    Spoons: big mileage and good to hear the PF is behaving
    Macca: looking forward to C2C now its so close. Hopefully catch up with you at some point on Saturday. You should have an awesome race the form that you are in as its looks dry so should be a fast course this time out.
    SQ: building dens on the CW sounds like great fun and a good recovery exercise :)
    TR: welcome to the thread and good luck with the P&D plan
    Jools: love the photo - must have been bloody freezing!
    Not much running from me the last few days as I've had a cold and as I'm tapering for C2C this weekend I thought I'd take it easy. Just a 10mi trail run on Sunday which felt ok but still not fully recovered.
    Got my standing desk arriving this week - whoop whoop!