Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... 'out and back before dawn'?!....My shoes haven't seen that time of day/night for ages!

So tempted to run this afternoon; quite mild and still....but Mrs M was about to explode at the idea!
    Yesterday's call with the Dr. moved on to a real appointment a little later!! She was able to detect a chest infection and prescribed Doxycyline for 5 days. (Started this morning.)
    Was beginning to think that I'd never see a real doctor again...

Have been following Kevin Sinfield's latest fund-raising run for MND. (Seven ultras in 7 days!
    Also trying to keep an eye on Gary McKee's 365 marathons in 365 days (About 40 to go!)
    It all makes one feel like a lesser-mortal.....(I might settle for that..?)
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 I am definitely a lesser mortal, but it is all relative, I am a positive speed monster compared to some friends.....

Cal I understand the issues of running with a cold, I gave up a few times last week to do anything with this one.

Out and back before dawn again as it was Christmas markets and lunch in York with friends, finally York was busy. 

YTD: 920.31
    EG: 19124 

• Options
    Either of those efforts would result in my untimely death, I think, MrM2. I can just about manage a parkrun at present.
    Did you do York parkrun, TT?
    I went to Preston Park in Brighton, as I wanted a tarmac course after the constant rain of last week. I am not a fan of mud. Still not back to fitness though - HR was high and the last mile was a killer. 28:33 so not great. I hope I can get some kind of form back for next weekend as I've another half.

YTD: 1439
  • Options
    Another 3 miles today. I was going to do 8 but I got soaked, cold and miserable after the first mile and decided 3 enough. Of course, sod's law dictates that it's quite nice out now.

YTD: 1442
  • Options
    Morning, it's been a while!!

After many false starts I'm hopefully back. Kept getting swelling on my ankle after breaking my fibula. But it seems to be on the mend and I'm putting some running together although it's still baby steps and plenty of rest.

YTD 830.29

• Options
    Good to see you back at it, DR! I guess it will be touch and go for the thousand miles!

TT: within touching distance!

Good to see you again at Burnage, Cal! Sorry to hear that you are not quite at your best; same here  the last few days which have compromised my running. Still got out there to maintain the streak with a few 20 minute ambles to take me to: 

YTD: 1211.7

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Three runs to reoort:

Friday: I rarely feel I have to push myself to run, it's frequently a highlight of the day however I was tired and late home from work. A slow 5.

Parkrun, thick drizzle and very muddy in parts. Loved it. Loved it enough to shrug away the time I was credited with. Tough morning to be a volunteer. Suspect several bar codes didn't scan in the conditions leading to a results page which wasn't wholly accurate. 

Monday: more heavy drizzle and the coldist run this winter. Went with shorts to avoid having to dry cold weather gear. Probably a mistake. 5 miles. 

Ytd: 1141.6 (typo / arithmetic mistake corrected) 
  • Options
    Welcome back, Dubai! That's good you're back on your feet.
    Alehouse, good to see you too. I hope I didn't pass my cold to you. I'm over that but have a few after effects like vertigo, I think...not sure what's up with that. 
    6 miles today.

YTD: 1448
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Great to see Dubai amongst us again and also TT. Happy to hear alehouse is keeping his steak going and hopefully Hobie will soon be on the start line after his recent warm up. Need Mr MM and Cal to return to full fitness, just leaving Harmander awol. 

Did 6.3 last night but winding down towards the Doncaster 10k on Sunday. Aiming for sub 50, will be disappointed not to achieve it. 

Ytd: 1147.9
  • Options
    Great to see you back Dubai, plenty of injuries going around this year.

I went out for a knee tester last night, gorgeous starry night, kept it short at just 3 miles, knee felt ok but calf seems to be working harder compensating for it, need to work on that I guess.

1031 miles YTD
    94,682ft elevation
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Thanks for keeping an eye on everyone! Hope you can remain fit for your 10km.

Dubai... Good to see you around again! Hope you'll soon be back to 'normal'.

Hoping to be back on the road very soon. 5th and final(?) day of antibiotics taken today. Cough still needing a bit of help but not nearly as ugly as it was at the week-end.

Happy running everyone.

• Options
    Back to run club last night with a nice 7 miles getting back just before the rain came on....big tides so plenty of puddles to jump in. Longest run in 3 months.

1038 miles YTD
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon, MrM2.
    Nice work, Hobie.
    Avoided the rain yesterday but out today for 5 miles. Apprehensive about the half on Sunday as a) I am far from tip top and b) forecast is for rain. Ugh.

YTD: 1453
  • Options
    Really don't like running in the rain without a hat. Got soaked in the early part of the run, dried out, got very cold. Not the best. 

5.1. Doncaster 10k on Sunday, will rest tomorrow (Fri) but will park run on Saturday. 

Ytd: 1153. 0
  • Options
    That's exactly why I bailed on last Sunday's run, Donnie.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Thanks. Hope you'll be OK for the Half, but I agree that rain doesn't make it very inviting.

Donnie... All the best for your 10k.

Very pleased to have some miles to add, at last. Had another appointment with GP who said that the chest infection was clear. She was positive with my getting back to running today. (Ten days with no running.) So just a gentle seven miles with 3-3 breathing all the way. (Still a little bit of coughing but clearing nicely.)

YTD: 1709' .
  • Options
    Good news MrM2, good luck in Doncaster Donnie.
    Friday run club for me last night, an easy 4.5 miles around town...finally feeling like I have got some normal running in me again rather than a crooked shuffle.
    1042 miles YTD.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hobie...Good to see you running again!

An early outing for me today (too early) to repeat yesterday's 7 miles. V. slow but 'steady'. Slow, 3-3 breathing, and an average heart rate of 127 which is quite low for me these days.
    Yesterday's groin discomfort was a bit worse today. Don't know where that has come from...?

YTD: 1716' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Great to see you back DR. 

Good luck for that half, Cal and Tue 10km Donnie. 

Sounds like we have all had variations of the same thing. I took another week off, then PR and WU this morning out on the cliffs above Bridlington. 

Amazingly I managed to knock off 40 seconds from my time in October! Arrived home to a chocolate order from my favourite independent chocolatiers, could the day go any better?

YTD: 924.46 (75.54 in 33 days)
    EG: 19520
  • Options
    MrM2 - that HR is like the first mile of a very very slow run, or a fast walk up a hill. Mine was in the 190s for parkrun today!

TT, great job!

My home parkrun today - got my club party tonight (though I won't be staying late or drinking). Plus one mile warm-up.

YTD: 1457
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Two runs in two days, only my nose is running faster than the rest of me! Masses of runners up and down the local estate as it is on a hill.

YTD: 930.68 (69.32 in 32 days)
    EG: 19815

• Options
    TT: from tomorrow I make it 34 days until the end of the year...barely 2 miles a day...

Under the weather all week and succumbed to seeing the GP on Friday: antibiotics and steroids. Hasn't stopped very gentle running (GP runs and she believes gentle running helps air to circulate around the lungs or something like that!). Trying to get to my 100 miles for the month (need about 11 miles over the next three days) and 2022 km for the year (need under 50kms)

Harmander?

YTD: 1228.3
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Chest infection then, alehouse? Hope it clears up now.
    Half marathon at the Olympic Park today - wasn't as wet as I feared (some light rain at first but it stopped). 
    I paced it a bit better than Alton Towers but still an underwhelming 2:06:29. HR again too high even though I felt OK during the race. Felt not so good afterwards, though.

YTD: 1470
  • Options
    Hello everyone,
    Since returning from Toronto, had been busy visiting hospital daily as our eldest had collapsed because she had stopped eating - this was due to he hopes of having a conclusion to her divorce being put back until March next year (the final hearing was to take place on 10 October but all cases were re-listed due to it being Her Majesty's funeral)., 10 days later just as she was to be discharged, her temperature started fluctuating and when that was brought under control she gained 18kg in weight over 5 days due to water retention. She was finally discharged last week with her weight back to normal.
    Thank you for missing me.

I was only able to do shorter runs about 3 times a week plus the longer total mileage on Saturdays that included there and back from parkrun - I managed a proper long slow session today with someone who has got a charity place for the London.

22/10 - 8.26
    25/10 - 6.25
    27/10 - 7.25
    29/10 - 8.24
    31/10 - 7.55
    02/11 - 6.24
    04/11 - 7.66
    05/11 - 9.33
    08/11 - 7.25
    10/11 - 6.25
    12/11 - 8.24
    15/11 - 7.25
    17/11 - 7.26
    19/11 - 8.25
    20/11 - 9.14 (With Gary McKee who is running 365 marathons this year)
    22/11 - 5.24
    24/11 - 7.25
    26/11 - 8.34
    27/11 - 12.76

(148.01)

YTD = 1681.48 + 148.01 = 1829.49 miles

• Options
    My best wishes to your eldest, Harmander - sounds rough.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Welcome back; we've missed you. So sorry to hear about your eldest's problems, but glad that there is now some stability!
    How amazing that you got to run with Gary McKee; I've been following him on Strava since I heard about his '365' challenge. Not sure what his routine is but he gets out early for about 5 hours but his marathon time is a little over 4 hours.

Cal... Well done on your London Half! Glad that the weather almost behaved itself!

Alehouse... Well done on getting an appointment with the  GP. Glad that she is 'running-sympathetic'!

Very pleased that my groin discomfort was not there today! Not sure what that was about. After another 7 mile run today my quads feel 'mashed'. Doing lots of stretches, and hoping that they'll improve.

YTD: 1723' .
  • Options
    Thanks Cal and MrM2,
    She is 41.
    On the day, Gary did his marathon on the Olympic Park Community track - he ran for 50 minutes every hour and other runners booked themselves to run different hour slots- Gary ran in lane 5, those doing multiple hours ran on the inside lanes and those doing one or very few slots ran on the outside lanes. There was no problem about keeping up etc as the slower ones regularly got lapped. It was an experience not to be missed given it was only a few miles from where I live.
    A couple of other club runners were with me on the day and we obviously had some photos with Gary - really approachable. 
  • Options
    Good to have you back Harmander, best wishes to you and your family.
    A gentle return to the coast path yesterday follower by a bike ride with a mate who is doing some miles for Movember....tour of local distillary before the last 2 miles home. Perfect ending.
    1046 miles YTD
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your family troubles Harmander, there's always something.

4.55 miles steady this morning. All feels okay

YTD 848.43 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Harmander... Thanks for all the details; sounds super-organized!

Hobie... Looks like you are back to the enjoyments of running!

Dubai...Glad that all is well after a steady run!

Got out too late, again! So, 7 miles in foggy conditions with failing light. (I'm getting better at slow running!)
    My day off, yesterday, plus some good stretching sessions seems to be keeping all the moving parts happy.

YTD: 1730' .