Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Mr MM: I'm in my late 50s but as a child we always holidayed in Bournemouth. Some of my most treasured memorises are from there. Getting on for 50 years since I was there. I loved it. 

TT: Keep going. You're finishing well. 

Cal: A half. Well done. Enjoy the aside both dental work and roller coasters.

Since last posting its been 5,5,6.4, park run and 7.2

YTD: 1205.1
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal and MrMr2 I am impressed with the fact you are even thinking about going outside, never mind actually doing it! It's not snowing but it's a winter wonderland outside.

Back on the TM, very cold in the garage.

YTD: 966.17 (33.83....)
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie...Happy memories!  Congrats on passing 1200'! 

TT... Returning to Oxfordshire yesterday, I might be forced to re-think 'outside-running'!   Our road and pavements are lethal; ice and snow have not been cleared. Can't afford a fall! 

Play safe everybody!
  • Options
    Well done on 1200 Donnie, nice work.
    Just a very short 3 miles tonight...only landed on my arse twice...no damage done...well might be a bruise on my bum.
    1074 miles YTD
    97,837 ft elevation 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie well done on that 1200.

MrMr2 the police have said essential journeys only up here now, snow, ice and bitterly cold. But the sun is shining and it's beautiful from sat on the sofa.

So, back on the TM, WU and WD and 6.2miles between 10 mm and 8.13 mm.

YTD: 973.19 (26.81....)
  • Options
    I've not been out since it snowed...while the main roads are mostly clear now, a lot of the side roads and pavements, and the paths on the common, are still icy and I just don't trust it. Been at the gym instead (elliptical and weights though...not the tready).
  • Options
    Run club last night...myself and one other bailed out after 2 miles, bit of a road downhill hurting our dodgy knees so headed back on a trail...good choice stunning clear sky to see meteors, thick sparkling frost on the grass and some startled sheep...lovely. 
    1078 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Another little 4 mile night trail run last night, knee much better on trails than road...finished with cocktails this time.
    1082 miles YTD...aiming for 1100 by Christmas. 

• Options
    I approve of the cocktails, Hobie!

First run of the week for me was one of the few parkruns operating in London, Wanstead Flats (I've run it before in dry conditions...today it was snow!) Not very fast, therefore, but absolutely stunning.

YTD: 1531

• Options
    Looks gorgeous Cal, much safer on crunchy, snowy grass than roads today...pretty much all of our local parkruns were cancelled due to ice.
  • Options
    It was actually hard packed snow for most of it, rather than crunchy grass, but it was OK to run on (had trail shoes on, mind).
  • Options
    Love the pictures - thanks for posting.

My local park run was on this morning (Doncaster). Course is probably 80% grass / 20% paved. Everywhere was heavily frosted but no laying snow and definitely safe. Big shout out to the marshalls. No cocktails last night for me, but it was the work 'do'. After some decent Turkish food, ended up in a couple of dubious pubs before making my exit about 10:30pm. I really like the people I work with, but by that time, I don't think I was going to be missed. Held my time back a little but enjoyed the morning. 

5.0, 7.3 and this mornings park run, making

YTD: 1220.5
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wow Cal that is hard to believe it is London! 

Donnie I am amazed Doncaster went ahead, you must have much less than we do. 

Hobie cocktails do look good.

TM again, started with three tee shirts and a down gilet, was a mile in before the gilet came off, not saying it's cold, but it seriously is cold!!!

YTD: 980.2 (19.2, going to see if I can do it before we head off on Thursday).
  • Options
    TT, it felt like Narnia! But it's been drizzling all afternoon and the snow is all melting now.
    Well done Donnie!

I did the Mince Pi run today - it was a lot less snowy out in Guildford area than in London. It's a 3.14 mile trail course and you can do as many laps as you want (well, up to 10). I did 3 and that felt like enough - there are some seriously tough bits including a very steep climb which I went up on hands and feet the first time (just feet the next two, when I was a bit more confident). The rest I did at chatty pace with clubmates, so it was more of a fun run than a race. Garmin made it 9.59 miles but I'm going to round up to 10 for the purposes of this as I never count the .1s of my parkruns so I've more than earned the difference. :lol:

YTD: 1541
  • Options
    Come on TT! You can do it, as I am sure you know!

Not a good week: weather shortened nearly every run...and chest infection shortened the rest. Back on anti-biotics as of a couple of hours ago. Will struggle to get my 100 miles in for December, having managed it the other eleven months. 
    And wasn't pleased on Saturday: got a message at 8:02  to say that parkrun was on. Got there at 8:35 and they cancelled at 8:38. Went for a short run with a couple of people and one fell quite badly. Fortunately ok, but not sure why they even considered putting an event on. All the other local ones were off...including one cancelling at 8:50!

Cal: I don't know why you never count the decimals in your runs. They must surely add up to 50 to 100 miles a year!

YTD: 1290.8
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Great running and landmarks everyone.
    Missed two parkruns, one through illness as was keen to be able to race direct our Dawn To Dusk (results and short commentary below) and the other due to cancellation. Am stuck on 397 but as there are parkruns on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day I should get tp 400 on New Years Eve.

29/11 - 7.36
    01/12 - 7.24
    03/12 - 8.98
    04/12 - 13.77
    07/12 - 5.24
    09/12 - 8.25
    15/12 - 3.02
    17/12 - 3.02
    18/12 - 6.66
    19/12 - 10.25
    {73.39)

YTD = 1903.28 miles

Not sure if I can get to 2000 but will try.

At our D2D, Nathan Montague's 48 laps (of 2.014km = 96.67km) in 7 hours 56 mins and 5 seconds was bettered by Jose Rodriguez in 7 hours 51 mins and 23 seconds.
    Two women beat the first male at the marathon distance with Charley Jennings also beating the previous women's best time (Julie Holloway 3:38:50) by finishing in 3:36:24. Results show four women in the top seven finishers. Well done ladies.
    The new Team Ultra (25 laps) was a close affair with Eaton Manor Ladies Who Lunch (4:31:02) beating East London Runners Samosa Eaters just 40 seconds behind. The first five relay teams were all ladies.

The full results with lap splits can be seen here:

https://justiming.co.uk/liveresults/2022/tpevents/g-live.html?f=D2Dwinter22.clax

If anyone is interested you can try our Summer equivalent (starts at 10:00am until 6:00pm) on 11 June
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Harmander good to see you back! Your club puts on some great events and if I was closer I would do some.

Alehouse it all depends on timings.id I can do it before Thursday, but def by the end of the year. 

Cal I agree with alehouse my point somethings add up to a lot over a year. 

Short and sweet on the TM this morning, quite a lot warmer, only three tee shirts!

YTD: 984.32 (15.68)
  • Options
    TT: I feel quite invested in this, I'm rooting for you. 16 to go, my money is on you. 

Cal: I'm very much a counter of the 0.1s etc, something along the lines of 'looking after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves'. 

7.5 last night. I'm tempted to check may numbers in these 1000 mile threads, suspect I might be just heading to a pb. 

Ytd: 1228.0
  • Options
    Evening everyone

I have a lot of respect for you guys, I’m currently in the BA business lounge in Heathrow, just been in Northern Ireland for a week after the death of my father in law. 
    It was Baltic, I ran twice and never warmed up, hovering around zero, just couldn’t do it anymore, too cold.

Don’t know my mileage, prob around 900, been a hard time for my wife so as they say s**t happens, on my way back to the sun and hopefully some miles.

• Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss Dubai. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks TT, we do our bit for ordinary and extraordinary runners alike.

8.86 miles today

YTD = 1912.14 miles
  • Options
    Thanks Harmander 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR so sorry to hear of the death of your FiL, as you say, s**t happens. Hopefully this is the right thing to say but in my thoughts and prayers.

Not feeling the love for running this morning, back on the TM and I am amazed I lasted as long as I did. So the trainers will be going to Cumbria!

YTD: 988.34 (11.66......)
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I'm just lazy - whole numbers are easier to add up.  :D
    Dubai, sorry to hear your news - such a rotten time of year for it, too. All the best to you and yours.
    Harmander, I'd worry about temperature in June with such a late start. Yikes. Well done to those runners, though.
    alehouse, hopefully everything will have melted by this weekend - I am intending to do two parkruns while visiting! Which depends on whether my friend Colin wants to sleep in or not. If he wants to sleep on Christmas Day, I'll do Alex Park again as it's only a mile away. Otherwise I'll see if I can get him to take me to Worsley Woods. Saturday still undecided. I do still need to do Sale, however lumpy it is.
    6 miles yesterday, in a T-shirt and sunglasses, which felt very strange after all the layers I was wearing at the weekend. I needed a bit more today (arm warmers) for 10 miles.

YTD: 1557
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss Dubai, condolences. 
    I've spent the last 5 days looking after in laws...FiL had a fall & MiL has advanced dementia...doing my bit until rest of family finish for Christmas....I generally lack sympathy so it's been fun.
    Will get out for Winter Solstice Club run tonight though.
  • Options
    Needed that run tonight to feel normal again...so good to get out for chatty 5 ish mile run.
    1088 miles YTD.
  • Options
    5.55 miles yesterday - was busy shopping.
    10.26 miles earlier today - perfect weather.
    (15.81)

YTD = 1927.95 miles
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie... Looking like you're getting back to 'normal'.

TT... Almost there!

Dubai... Good to have you around again. Sorry about your family loss. Tough times indeed!

Harmander... Welcome back! D2D threw up some interesting results. Looks like you had a week off earlier in the month. Me too, what with travelling, coughing and unsafe running conditions (snow and ice)

Cal... Good to see you mixing up the distances again, Looks like you're setting yourself a busy end-of-year agenda.

Yesterday I got out for a 7' run, after 9 days! Did the same run today, but it took 3 seconds longer! Can blame it on the Flu jab earlier today. (Pace for both runs was 10:01/mile.)

YTD: 1797' .
  • Options
    8.2 last night making 1236.2

I think last year with 1260 is the most I've ever done so in that territory again. Might edge past in although I lost the last two weeks of last year to toothache and covid so it might feel a little bit hollow if I get there. 
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Good to see the end of year is motivating people!

Out, yep actually safe enough to run outside, for a quick run before hitting the roads. 

YTD: 993.46 (6.54......)
  • Options
    Yes MrM2, I analyse the splits too.

A double training session of 7.25 and 8.25 miles today with groups who have secured a London Marathon place.

YTD = 1943.45 miles.