Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Longest run in nearly 6 months, 6.23 miles off-road on the sand.

YTD 858.03 miles

• Options
    Not been feeling good the last couple of days but managed a very slow recovery pace 4 miles today.

YTD: 1474
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Three runs to report including an event, the Doncaster 10k. 

Did the parkrun on Saturday and 5 miles on  Monday night. 

Sunday was the Doncaster 10k. 2,500 people with the racecourse as the event hub. Good event. The main stand at the racecourse is open before and after the event with the finish line on the concourse between the stands and the racetrack. Warm indoors whilst waiting for the start, more toilets than you can shack a stick at, good catering for runners and spectators and free parking on site for everyone and more. Also a potentially very fast course on closed roads. 

Before the event I've have more than taken my final time of 47.20 but on reflection felt I missed paced it leaving to much in the tank. Perhaps its an age thing, but I don't think I really hurt myself like I once did.

Event is recommended. 

Ytd: 1167.3
  • Options
    Sounds a good event, Donnie!

Cal: think that the antibiotics and steroids just managed to prevent things going down onto my chest. Still not quite right yet but have managed to get out every day and just crept over the 100 miles for the month target. Just 25k to go for my main target for the year, 2022k. 

That must have all been very stressful, Harmander. Hope all is good now. 

YTD: 1240.7
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    5 miles to end November. First time in winter gear. Quickest time on my 5 mile loop for a while. Not sure the two are connected. 

Ytd: 1172.3
  • Options
    Cold weather always makes me run faster, Donnie, unless there's slippery frost. That I am dreading.
    Not too bad today, though. Did 8 miles.

YTD: 1482
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie Doncaster 10km sounds good, and one of my friends won it! I have been in winter gear for quite a while now....

DR sounds like you are on the way back?

Harmander how is everything now? 

Well I caught the town cold, not surprised, I meet far too many people in a day to not catch whatever is going round. So two very short jog/run/walk on our TM.

YTD: 936.11 (63.89 in 29 days).

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... Do we ever get a run 'just right'? But it sounds like a good event. Your time is well inside 5 min/km. Well done! 

Decided to wear 'legs' instead of shorts for the first time this season. It was about +5 (but feeling like +1)
    Looks like there is more of that to come!
    A steady 7 miles, close to 10min/mile pace (10:11/mile). Cough almost clear; starting to feel better.

YTD: 1737' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    MrMr2 I am impressed with the fact you left the legs till December! Mine came out in September....... will stay out till April.

Back on the TM, it's a lot easier to keep going knowing there is no run back to do.

YTD: 941.34 (58.66 to go in 27 days).
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    With family in Ipswich which means 10k on Saturday morning which includes the local park run. I've noted a lamp post as you enter the park which is 2.5k from the front door, so, there, park run and home is 10k. I rather like the symmetry of it. 

Been a limited running week, England in the world cup was a problem on Tuesday, waiting in Thursday night for an electrician put the end to a run on Thursday and travelling to family did for Friday. Travel and football meaning tomorrow might be a non running day. 

Ytd: 1178.5
  • Options
    I actually had shorts on a few times in October - generally I put the legs away once temps drop below 12 degrees. My dodgy hamstring need to be kept nice and warm.
    Nice, Donnie, was that Ipswich parkrun? 
    Glad you're starting to feel better, MrM2.

Still not 100% here - not sure what's up, just don't feel quite right. But got a parkrun done - went to Rushmoor in Aldershot which is a fairly flat course though about half on trail. Wasn't too muddy but still couldn't manage to get under 28 minutes (ran 28:25) but whatever.

YTD: 1485
  • Options
    1st race tonight since hurting my knee back in August....Night Nobbler...roughly 10k around the woods with river crossings, mud...lots of mud. Hills, hills with mud and a bar a mile before the finish...Happy to finish it without making my knee much worse.
    1060 miles YTD
    96,932 ft elevation. 
  • Options
    Well done Hobie - sounds horrible!  :D
    12 miles today - grim and grey but an OK run.

YTD: 1497
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie...stuff gets in the way...here too!

Hobie... almost back to your perverse norm! (lots of mud and hills) Be careful!

Cal... another busy week-end for you; parkrun and a 12 miler! 'Grim and grey'...here too.

Got out mid-afternoon, intending to run 10 miles...Settled for 8 miles (slow miles)

YTD: 1745' .
  • Options
    Hope you are getting your 2+ miles a day in TT!

Today's 70+ minutes took me past my 2022 km in 2022 target. So...

YTD 1256 miles 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Are you feeling better then, alehouse? Well done on the target. I did 2020 miles in 2020 but given I spent the first part of 2021 injured, I'm not sure that was a good idea.
    MrM2, the weather is not very inspiring is it? It's going to get a lot colder, too, though at least it should be sunnier. Just freezing sun.
    6 miles today. Level up.

YTD: 1503
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal I am definitely sure you and I have the same thing. Loads of people up here have it and it seems to be a mix of all the colds none of us have had for the last three years. Benylin, lemsip and Olbas tablets is a good combination 🤧

Alehouse, I am trying! Well done on the 2022 🥳

MrMr2 eight miles is great.

So back on the TM again, it's cold and threatening snow......

YTD: 944.56 (55.44 in 23 days, need to get a shift on)
  • Options
    All this talk of cold!! And colds. For colds a hot whiskey and a good night sleep usually sorts it out.
    Was a mild 23 degrees at 7am today but still in shorts and t-shirt. 30 degrees now at 1pm.

Few days off again as was working nights and just felt tired.

8.29 miles in the desert this morning, longest in 6 months.

YTD 877.79 miles
    (122.21 needed in 24 days)

• Options
    Well I guess cold isn't an issue for you, Dubai. Do you get the odd days where there's too much sand in the air to run? I remember when I visited that you have to wear goggles on some of the outdoor rollercoasters to avoid having your eyeballs sandblasted.

8 miles today...unlike yesterday when I felt quite lively, this was a trudge. Quite cold, and lungs did not enjoy that.

YTD: 1511
  • Options
    Cal, I think at Ferrari world you need googles due to the acceleration. 

We do get the odd sandstorm but not as bad as when I lived in Iraq. 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Alehouse... Job done! Congratulations.

TT... Thanks. Me too for the Benylin...but not your cocktail!

Dubai... Good to see the longer runs coming along. Do you still think of Comrades?

Cal... An '8 mile trudge' is something that I can relate to! However yesterday's run was different!

Drove down to the south coast on Tuesday, and on Wednesday the sunshine got me out for a 2 hour run.
    It was only just above freezing but didn't feel cold, even in shorts! The east/west promenade is sheltered from the northerly winds, by the cliffs, and is a little sun-trap.

Heart rate and cadence were up a little but so was the pace. 12 miles at av. pace of 9:48/mile.
    The flat, out and back along the prom was 10 miles. (Five miles out in 48:31 and the return 5 in 48:41)
    Pleased with the steady pace over this distance, and the age-grade of 70.6% .

Physio and dentist today! Hope to be running tomorrow.

Play safe in these freezing conditions!
  • Options
    Dubai - yes, in the front row but they make you wear them in all rows on Flying Aces. And at IMG world they have one that goes outside where we had to wear them (though there was a bit of a sandstorm at the time).

MrM2, brave wearing shorts! It has to be double digits before I'll even consider wearing mine. Nice run though and hope the dentist went well.

Rest day for me (well, gym day).
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Three tee shirts at the beginning of the run on the TM in the garage this morning! Made me realise how well insulated our house is 

MrMr2 well done on that eight miles, I am building back up. 

DR most people are struggling for about five weeks with this cold, on your recommendation we would all be alcoholics!!

Short and pace 5.72 miles this morning. Even manage a couple of miles at below 9 mm.

YTD: 950.28 (49.73 in 21 days.....)

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Cal... Yes. The dentist went as well as dentists can go! Having explained to me the problems of such a large filling (re-filling) and the problems with a crown, I said that it was a case of 'between the devil and the deep blue sea'. Being from eastern Europe, she asked if that was an expression. I told her that it was an expression, and that we don't actually have a choice!
    Now the Physio was something else! Ouch!!!

Well done TT on getting some sub-nine minute miles; I'm delighted with sub-10 these days! But I haven't given up hope, yet!

Two easy runs today, after eventually feeling that my legs could handle it (following yesterday's Physio).
    3 miles of 'walk/jog' with daughter who completed 'couch to 5k' a few years ago, with my help...but never followed it up. And then took myself out for 2 miles. 

YTD: (adding 12' from Wed. and 5' from today)...1762' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wow MrMr2 a dental appointment! Actually we can have them as our dentist went private a few years ago and we bit the bullet (now there's another one which would need explaining), but I gather NHS up here is almost non existent.

Back on the TM and pleased with three of the miles being below 9mm.

YTD: 956.73 (43.27......)
  • Options
    MrM2...yes indeed, which is why I shelled out £2K from my savings account to replace my broken crown not long ago. It was that or lose the tooth, and I don't want that.
    Nice work, TT. 
    Guildford parkrun today (and a mile warm-up) - mostly on lumpy frozen grass (well, lumpy frozen mud, I suppose) and frosty hard path, so wasn't going to be fast, but happy with a sub-28. I seem to do OK in cold if it's a dry cold.

YTD: 1515
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... You can do it! (Rubbing in the 'sub-9s'!)

Cal... Another successful parkrun!    £2K on a tooth...Now that is painful!

Thought I'd follow-up the mid-week 12' with a similar run, and see if the same pace was there..
    Settled for 10 miles...and the pace wasn't there! Frosty pavements until I got down to the Prom. but that doesn't account for my very sluggish performance today. However, the sunshine was a tonic.

YTD: 1772' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Ouch Cal, that is a lot of money. Well done on the PR. 

MrMr2 double figures run, now that is something for me to aim for.

Back on the TM, very, very slow but did it.

YTD: 959.94 (40.06 feeling as if it might happen....)
  • Options
    TT, it'll happen.

Out in the cold and fog for a slow half marathon-length run. I felt warm enough with all my layers on, but there were some frosty spots so didn't push the pace. Got it done, though.

YTD: 1528
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Well done on this morning's Half!

We had sleet and snow this morning. By this afternoon it had stopped but there were lots of frozen/slushy stretches of road and pavement. Even along the Prom. there was frozen slush on top of the sand.

However...Two runs completed this afternoon/evening. Did a 4 mile walk/jog with daughter, as far as Boscombe Pier. Followed that with a 7 mile (cautious) run after sun-set, going as far as Bournemouth Gdns.. Just ran a few strides into the Gdns. to glimpse the tree lights, but it was too busy to run there.

YTD: 1783' .