Options

A 1000 miles in 2022?

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully you've hit the 1000 by now TT. Congratulations if you have.
    4 miles on coast path for me yesterday, bit windy but good to test out dodgy knee...only a couple of minutes per mile slower than when I was all good. 
    1092 miles YTD 
    99,501ft elevation 

I feel a couple of end of year targets approaching. 
  • Options
    Hobie: great that the year is ending well. I like everyone in this group to be happy with their running. 

TT: hope the 1000 has been done. Hope to hear good news soon. 

5 last night in heavy drizzle and gloom. 

A very muddy parkrun this morning. 

Ytd: 1244.3
  • Options
    Congrats in anticipation from me too Hobie.
    Had a gentle 5.25 yesterday but did 11.15 including parkrun today.

YTD = 1959.85 miles.

There is a parkrun tomorrow too so will use that to do the same again - determined to get to 2000.
  • Options
    Preemptive congrats to Hobie and Harmander!

Up in Manchester now so ticked off Sale Water parkrun (plus a mile warm-up).

YTD: 1561
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie and TT... Both keeping us guessing...

Harmander... Well done on the 'double' with the training groups!  How often do you do double runs?

Enjoyed a slightly 'brisker' run of 7 miles yesterday, in great running conditions ; 3rd run on the same 7 mile route this week...all in shorts but double-wrapped on top!
    Hoping to get out for a little run some time today. (Need to choose my time carefully as we've got family with us.)

However you are spending this festive season have a wonderful time! Merry Christmas!

YTD: 1804' .
  • Options
    Merry Christmas everyone

Night shift Christmas eve to night shift Christmas day, family still in Ireland so a quiet one here 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed getting out for another 7 mile run today, while the children looked after the goose!

YTD: 1811' .
  • Options
    MrM2,  very rarely, just when I have time to kill and the missus isn't around.
    Did the 11.14 miles today (was exactly the same route as yesterday with the Christmas parkrun but 0.01 miles shorter somehow).
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas Day.

YTD - 1970.99 miles.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Harmander.
    Another 'too nice not to run' day!   So, got out for another 7 miles. (Third consecutive day....breaking my own 'rules')

YTD: 1818' .
  • Options
    Happy Christmas, all. Didn't have time to post yesterday but did Worsley Woods parkrun. Today I did a 6 mile run.

YTD: 1570
  • Options
    Relatively muddy Christmas day park run. Impressive fancy dress. 

Minor injury from stretching. Using the edge of the kitchen worktop as a ledge to stretch my hamstring, calf and hip, I've maybe pushed it a touch to far although feels much better today. 

Ytd: 1247.4
  • Options
    just 4.02 miles today - recovery (from too much Christmas pudding) run.

YTD = 1974.01 miles
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wonderful running everyone! I hope all had the Christmas day they wanted. Harmander are you going to manage the 2000? Donnie how's the stretching injury? Cal are you back in London? MrMr2 the last too nice to run day was a long time ago.......

I went out for a very short run on Christmas day, but it was too cold, wet and slippy underfoot to risk further than I did and the gym we are members of over here is shut till NY. Given the weather the next run will be when we are back in Yorkshire, which should give me two days to do this!!!

YTD: 995.84 (4.16....)
  • Options
    I am back in London as of this afternoon, TT. Had to get my mate to drive me to Sheffield to catch a train home because there are no trains from Manchester until the 29th! (I knew this and had already booked it, but still...unacceptable, really).
    Donnie, maybe don't try to do the splits in one go, eh? :lol:
    Harmander, I feel you. I am basically 90% cake and mincemeat now.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie... I'd cripple myself if I tried work-top height for ham string stretches! (I use the3rd stair step.)

Harmander... On track for 2000'.

TT... It's in the bag!

Out this afternoon for some roadside miles. Six miles of mixed pace. (Av. pace 9:57 for the six miles.)

YTD: 1824' .
  • Options
    Well done MrM2...good pace.
    6 for me in the drizzle this morning. Mostly quite slow as usual but injected a few strides into the final mile.

YTD: 1576
  • Options
    TT, as Bob the Builder would say - 'Yes We Can'. MrM2, I hope to have a relaxing Saturday at parkrun so going to do the miles early. Cal, I also got some Samosas floating about in me.

7.77 miles yesterday and 9.36 today.

YTD = 1991.14 miles.

Going to visit a friend who is poorly tomorrow as only about 1/3 of  marathon distance to reach 2000.
  • Options
    Having a bit of a nightmare Christmas...both in laws in hospital and I've acquired a dose of covid probably from looking after one or other of them in a waiting room, oh well Christmas day was good with lots of family. 
    Snuck out today on my own to get some fresh air in my disease riddled lungs. Hilly 5 miles in the bag...one target done.
    1097 miles YTD 
    100,213ft elevation 
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Just dropping in to wish everyone well.

Hobie...Sounds like things are not going your way at the moment. Hope there will be better news soon!

Thanks Cal... Are you following a marathon training schedule ?  At the moment I'm working on increasing distance, gradually, and trying to hold a steady pace. (Always a couple of my strengths but I've not been quite the same for about 2 years...since Sciatica in early '21. )

A bit chilly today but looking good for a run...
  • Options
    Hobie...rotten luck there but glad you can still run.
    Well done Harmander...hope your friend feels better soon.
    MrM2, similar to me...I've not been the same since my high hamstring tendinopathy around the same time (I guess it doesn't feel that different, they're both a pain in the arse, literally). 
    I'm not on a programme as yet. I am actually considering running less and lifting more going into Manchester, but we'll see how long that lasts.

8 miles today.

YTD: 1584
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Cal I am impressed with your determination to travel home! We looked at the weather yesterday and stayed in Cumbria for another day, travelled back today with floods, closed roads and loads of absolutely beautiful rainbows as we crossed the Pennines.

MrMr2 join the club! Are you heading for a marathon? 

Hobie so sorry to hear that. 

Arrived home and went straight on the TM......

YTD: 1000.02!!!!

Thank you all so much for your encouragement, as I said in January I really find this thread so helpful. Anyone going to start the new one??
  • Options
    MrM2, Just got home (no Elizabeth Line drat but I still support the strikers) the friend was stable and hopefully the New Year will be positive for him.
    Thanks Cal.
    On Saturday I will be doing my 400th parkrun - that's 2000 km - blimey, I just realised that

Congrats on the 1000 TT.
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    TT... Huge congrats on passing(!) 1000', with two days to spare!!!
    In answer to your question...I'm signed up for the MK marathon on May 1st..(together with one of my daughters)

Harmander... 400 parkruns?!?! Congrats..

Cal... Well done on a good 8 miles. 
    I'm thinking of 'shadowing' my daughter who is loosely following a six month schedule...but I'll just pick out the bones...Thinking about a high-mileage approach, but that is always risky. Possibly going for Gym membership in the new year and mixing treadmill and swimming on some days, but the bulk will be outside.

Enjoyed running 8 miles in the late afternoon.
    Anybody else notice Jupiter quite close to the moon on a very clear evening?

YTD: 1832' .
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Thank you MrMr2 and Harmander, just done the last run of the year so I can start on NY day. 

YTD: 1006.03
  • Options
    TT: well done, really pleased to see you hit the target. I also agree about the motivating impact of this thread. I'll definitely be back on the 2023 version. 

Cal and Mr MM: you mention marathons in 2023. I'm in at Manchester. As you both say, no plan at the moment but starting to run a little further whilst holding the same pace. 

My rather strange stretching sprain seemed to disappear as quickly as it came. Christmas day afternoon following park run I was on my hands and knees going up stairs, but all fine by the 28th!

Two runs to log 8.3 which I really enjoyed and 7.2 whether I realised to late I was under dressed and never probably warmed up. 

Ytd: 1262. 9
  • Options
    Well done TT, I never doubted you!
    Donnie, maybe I'll see you then! Glad the injury turned out to be nothing much.
    MrM2, apparently all planets were visible (some via telescope only) last night. Of course it was cloudy here and I'm in London anyway so there's light pollution. Not quite as bad as when we had those sodium lights when I was younger. Rather glad we don't have that awful brown sky any more.
    Went to Burgess parkrun today - too many rail issues to tick off a new one, but Burgess is nice and I've not run it since 2018. Didn't quite get the time I wanted but never mind.

YTD: 1587 (although given I round down my fractions, I daresay I'm really well over 1600. I don't care that much to be honest).
  • Options
    Oh and happy new year...I guess that means a new thread starting tomorrow!
  • Options
    Well done on all your achievements in 2022.
    I finished it today with a run director practice session at parkrun. So with a bit of luck we'll start 2023 with a new shiney local parkrun. 
    Friday run club was a lovely chilled 4 miles along the wildlife park.
    1101 miles YTD 
    100,374ft elevation 
    Happy with that, here's to 2023.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Well done, TT!

And I enjoyed Burgess when I did it, Cal! A quick course!

Besides aiming for 1000 miles in 2022 I also went for 2022km (achieved) and 100 miles every month. The latter only achieved today: December has not been the greatest of months running-wise with illness and the icy weather. And then yesterday I was charged by a large dog which hit me full on; today I have paw marks on my chest, it hit me that hard! Fell backwards, fortunately on grass, banging my head and back. Very embarrassed owners who did look after me and took my number and checked that I was ok later in the evening; had visions of not running today, which would have been a pain having run the other 364 days! Just an easy 5k to achieve the 100 miles and will be taking it easy for the next few days. A little tender! I dread to think what would have happened if it had been a young child that the dog had jumped at. 

Anyway, all the best for 2023 everyone. 

Year end:  1241.5 miles = 2159 km

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Well done everyone!

Finished on 913 miles, well short, and less than half of my 2021 mileage.

Family arrive back shortly after midnight and then work tomorrow so a quite New Year’s Eve. Bring on 2023

Happy New Year