Options

New York Marathon 2002 The Original

Comments

• Options
    Hello Angi - best of luck in NYC, and have a great time! We must all try and find a 1/2M we can do...
  • Options
    T&T

Sometime in spring would be good. Are you doing a spring marathon? If so a half marathon in March!

Feeling quite excited but not too nervous given no pressure on time as running with friend who is slower than me.

OB - hope you are well.
  • Options
    Hi Angi - Hoping to get into London again - if not, then a foreign marathon probably... Might even be down for the Teignbridge 10 again! Just need the other Noo Yoikers to respond. C'mon peeps, you out there?!
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    YES !! We must get together !!!

T&TM , I didn't make Cardiff. I was awake but too lazy to get out of bed so went for a 10 mile run later. Really sorry afterwards !!!
    Hoping to do Milan Marathon on December 4th on an eight week training schedule !!! But realistically only using it as training for FLM 2006. Half marathon in Stroud this Sunday so will have a true idea of where my potential is.

So, Angi,
    Pick some options prior to FLM and we'll try to get the others out too
  • Options
    Good luck for Stroud, George!
  • Options
    George

A race in March would be good. When I've been to New York perhaps we can come up with a short list.

Where is OB? Will someone contact him?

• Options
    hi folks let me know any plans for meet up. zurich is 9th april . hope you are all well.
  • Options
    ps you can always find ob chatting up the ladies in copenhagen thread
  • Options
    how come I didn't spot this resurrection???

Angi :)) How are you doing?

Hi goerge, hi T&TM

Count me in for a reunion, definitely. I've not been able to run for 6 or 7 weeks due to a foot problem but hopefully it's being sorted. As Seaweed says, we're doing Zurich on April 9th and all are welcome :)

• Options
    Hi OB how is foot , any better
  • Options
    thanks angie-I don't think he's doing much running....what a pal-i'm doing a bit-once or twice a week isn't holding my waist in check but i'm doing enough to feel that i should be doing more.
    The summer wasn't very active as basically I decided that trying to move house was more a priority,and we have now exchanged on a place near newbury-won't be moving till the summer.
    so i just came on to nose around a bit-find out when the reading half was,for example-sadly we are skiing so that won't work-and it looks like that's the same day as zurich too-when i thought i would see how far down we had sunk-and it wasn't very far at all....
    i am planning on trying to get my sis in law-who used to be an ace rower b4 kids to run berlin next year,as she lives in krautland and we could have some union jack fun.other than that i need to be dragged out for something scary enough to get me training through the winter.

very excited to be back in touch:-))))
    that's smiling a lot but lots of chins...
  • Options
    nice to see t=t grinning-ish from the front page,
    angie-what happened in NYC??
    and is imber happening in march this year?I'll go see
  • Options
    nice to see t=t grinning-ish from the front page,
    angie-what happened in NYC??
    and is imber happening in march this year?I'll go see
  • Options
    Hello Alex - good to hear from you! My work partner is from Newbury...
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Welcome back everyone !!!!

Nice story ..... 4 years ago at Reading, I paced Long Distance Badger to a 1.55.30 PB . She stopped running for three years and making a comeback this year, did a 1.59 at Vrynwy.
    We met up at the Stroud half with me planning to run at 1.59 pace..... ended up pacing her (at my marathon pace )to 1.55.05 - another pb !!!!

Reading is TOO late for FLM this year !!! But,
    Halfs I've pencilled in for FLM preparation :

Feb. 5th Blackmore Vale (Sherbourne ) Feb.12th Wokingham
    March 5th Llanelli Coastal
    March 19th Fleet Hampshire

Any of these suitable for a reunion ?
  • Options
    Nice one, George! Maybe Fleet for me...
  • Options
    this is cosy isn't it?

After nearly two months without running through a foot problem, I did a gentle mile this morning so once more I am a runner :)

As for the reunion, I think any of those george mentioned could be ok

• Options
    Hi all

Very pleased to see we are still on the front page!

Back from New York and had a brilliant time - the marathon was just as good as I remember it being! Ran with friend - her first marathon - and a little disappointed not to have got her in under 4 hours. However, I enjoyed every minute of the race - wasn't even too bothered about the heat (22 c) and sunshine as I was running at such a moderate pace. We would probably have got in under 4 hours had K not lost her balance/strength/sense in the last mile. An hour in the medical tent and no memory of the finish was not what either of us had envisaged but she did enjoy the first 25 miles! I will definitely go back -New York is definitely my favorite marathon. May even go back next year.

Can we all try to arrange to meet up in February?

T&T - lovely photo of you and Rachel.

OB - glad to see you back.
  • Options
    Hi Angi - it's great to see you back too. hmmm... New York!
  • Options
    i am being tapped up to join in with a bath half fundraising effort
    http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/simon_halliday_bath_half_marathon.htm

which would give me a good target to aim at in mid march

feb 12th wokingham might be a runner...

nice to see everyone back...any news on new jobs,children etc?i have a new spare tyre,but that's about it...
    how is the northern seaweed?

imber -warminster rc do seem to have a website again,but no reference to the old george dunster...

and ,oh yes,needless to say,Gogi manged to 'lose ' her applicaton form for the nike 10k-I just got told there was no way i was getting the time to do it..nice top mind.

and if i can't get berlin to work next autumn then nyc or chicago is the alternative-nyc usually at half term so might need some careful planning....
  • Options
    also v nice to hear that ldb is back in the running
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Oops ... silly me .
    I leave for a skiing trip on the 19th march so Fleet is out !!

Wokingham is good ... and its a fast, flat country lane course. The only "hills" are where the road crosses over the M4 a couple of times.
    I did 1hr.49 there earlier this year.

Sounds like you had a great time in NYC Angi !!
  • Options
    Looks like Wokingham is do-able from Ye olde London Towne. What says you, other peeps?
  • Options
    I will only have been back a couple of weeks from indulgent hols, so pb time it won't be!!

I think I could do that one though.

Alex (and all of you for that matter) news of my new career will be winging your way very soon :)
  • Options
    sounds intriguing ob.
    won't be pb for me either i would think..but lets not despair-my pb is probably much slower than yours these days so you could have a relaxing stroll and i could get a pb!!

i have pink ticket for bath,i will try and work on wokingham....
  • Options
    relaxing stroll sounds good!

physio has today given permission for running career to be resumed - if I can remember how to do it!!
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Like riding a bike OB !!!

And what's this new career ??
    Talking of which, MY career comes to an end next Friday when I will officially retire !!!
  • Options
    Retiring, George?! Shurely shum mishtake? You're way too young!

Myself and the T&TLady complete on our first house together tomorrow. Woo hoo! As a result, I shall never be able to afford to retire... :-(
  • Options
    good luck with the house purchase T&TM and let's have the story on the retirement george!

You will be getting my news over the weekend by email.

I have to say, it's a shame Mrs T&TM's piccie has gone from the home page!! and T&TM's of course :)