sub or about 4h30 hopefully

Comments

• Options

I heard she pulled a stitch...

ONLY JOKING!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Tee hee you lot!!!!!!

I survived and got round within the time limit to claim my medal so my treble is complete!

Dreadful weather conditions though with many DNFs, hypothermia and falls. Full report to follow soon but I will give you a hint of what's to come - I took a tumble just before the 1/2 way point at 13 miles..................we redheads are resilient so don't worry too much......... image
  • Options
    Well done Redhead. You're a star. I'm a redhead too, well, whats left of it..
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭

Here's my report, fwiw Three Forts Marathon

It's a bit wordy!

• Options

congrats darlin'!

-----

I like to run, it makes me smile; I think I'll run another mile

• Options

Just read your race report Redhead! You are fantastic! Well done on picking yourself up and getting on with it! Amazing stuff!

Bought a new pair of Asics Gel 1150s today and a rather trendy running t-shirt. Off to Wales tomorrow for a couple of days to do some walking in the mountains.

• Options
    Redhead - WOW WOW WOW!!!!image Amazing feat by amazing you! image
  • Options
    Just to let you all know the ballot is open. Have to wait until October now.
  • Options

7AM AND THE BALLOT IS OPEN!!!!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Redhead............

truly amazing again................I bet your glad you weren't knitting on that run...............the wether was attrocious.......

glad to see that your spirit remained so strong and you finished................

I would say enjoy a rest now but no doubt you have something else lined up image

• Options

Well done Redhead and inspiration to us all.

Just a short 4 miles for me yesterday off to club tonight, first proper run, yikes!

Right thats me entered into the ballot and otherhalf warned in advance!!!

• Options
    PS - I got 4 confirmations that I entered the ballot, only one confirming payment and all with the same reference number anyone else get more than one confirmation?
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    only one acceptance email from me but i didn't bequeath..... sounds like they really want you to run in 2011!
  • Options

I just checked with them to make sure they only had me down once, I didn't want to get struck off for having multiple entries and I am only down the once.

• Options

Redhead

That's a superhuman effort.  How in earth you've managed 3 consecutive weekends, I'll never know.

Top, top marks.  I'm only just getting around to thinking about going out for an amble...

• Options

evening all

from today i will have to start ramping up my mileage again as i have won a competition..............an entry to the lakeland 50 in 11 weeks.................just a good job i didn't win an entry to the 100 miler............the 50 miles has 3000m in climbing......

I'm also getting some lightweight rain clothing and a head torch so a good prize............i think.......image

off to running club now to make a startimage

• Options

Nice one Seren.

What did you have to do for this competition  (or daren't I ask !)

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Evening all and thank you for your kind words. I have some great bruises and am sporting special colloidal dressings on my hands (get me hey!). Been walking lots and my legs feel fine but I won't run until after the weekend 'cos my ribs are very sore.

Relaxed, thanks poppet xxx

Seren, ooooooooh, I'm jealous. Tell all please! Sounds like a fantastic prize too.

I entered the early ballot thingy for VLM for people who'd been rejected goodness knows how many times - 4 in my case. I'm definitely entering Brighton again as that was a fab marathon and the crowd support was as good as London. Worth a look if you don't get into VLM.
  • Options

Hi all, entered this morning for 2011, so did Mrs SP, which i am really chuffed about. My running is infectious... a friend of mine was so inspired by the marathon that he has entered a local 10k.

Desperate to go for a run, i played polo last tues and have a game tonight... ran for a train on sat (100 yards0 and my knee hurt, so i amsceptical i will get the benifit of my marathon fitness just yet....

take care all..

• Options

In March i was just looking at different ultra schedules and found a website called sportsister.com.........it was quite helpful and has loads of competitions running so i enetered a few....just a simple question to each one.......which was in the blurb.....so was really shocked to have found out today that i had one one.....image

I haven't been to the lake district since i was pregnant with my eldest so should be lovely to go back.even if it will be on my own...

• Options

Did the full club run tonight - 5 miles or so of really evil hills as figure-of-eights. The steady run there turned into an 8:40 mile and the uphill sprints hurt like billy-aaargh rather than billy-oh!

Gonna hurt in t'morning!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Working today so shall be cross-training by standing on my feet all day image
  • Options

Hello all, Seren, I suspect there maybe some people from my club doing the Lakeland 50, we have a couple of "ultra girls" they seem to be doing 60 miles somewhere this weekend and we as a club do quite a lot of races up in the Lakes. 

I did 6 miles with the club last night, my right ITB was a bit sore afterwards, we were going at some pace, but am ok now.  Have taken to cyclying to the club and back for some XT as well.  The backs of my knees were sore last night in bed, no idea what that was all about, will keep and eye on it.  Pilates tonight and some weights. 

• Options
    Ran a pb mile at 7.40 with a rucksack on to work this morning and an 8.20 first mile so feeling good after the VLM. Time to get back to running though I am supposed to be on the bike now ready for the big bike ride I am doing. Good luck for all you nuts who have entered more races and the 2011 VLM. Lets keep fingers crossed.......till October. image
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

redhead - glad to hear you're on the mend? amazing stuff! do you know when the Brighton 2011 entries open? the website isn't vey helpful.... am pretty sure am going to do Brighton in 2011 and then (hopefully) London again in 2012. and maybe some others in between!

seren - competition entry to an ultra? does that mean you get accommodation for free? sounds exciting! have heeded your advie and calmed down - no marathon this weekend for me!

gearing up the training again though - have a 10k at the end of the month so aim is to smash my pb... then maybe look for a half in june.....

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Gladrags, I had an email last week saying that entries for Brighton 2011 will be open soon so I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
  • Options
    Gladrags wrote (see)

seren - competition entry to an ultra? does that mean you get accommodation for free? sounds exciting! have heeded your advie and calmed down - no marathon this weekend for me!

in true ultra style i will have my accomodation sorted..........I can put my tent and car in the field for 2 nights free of charge..image
  • Options

Hi All

Sorry for delay in me getting back on here. WEek in the highlands and then manic at work. I survived the fling though - bit battered and bruised and broken but finished in 13.47 (that's hours not minutes!!). It is a fabulous event and if any of you are thinking of stepping up to ultra level I strongly recommend it.

Congrats to RH!! Looks like you survived then! HOpe the legs are OK. So....do you fancy the atlantic coastal challenge in October?!!

Now i'll have to go back and see how the rest of you got on in London. Hope you all had brilliant and successful days!!

jximage

• Options
    Well done Birdy fantastic achievement how do you stay upright for that long!!! Well done.
  • Options

Wow everyone on here did brilliantly at London! Glad all the training paid off. Some fabulous PBs and a fair few sub 4.30s so well done all you have done the thread proud!!

Blog of the Fling is here with some snaps...

http://www.realbuzz.com/blogs/u/Birdypie/mission-to-morocco--mds-2011/posts/highland-fling-53-miles-on-the-west-highland-way/

Mark- thankfully the weather and scenery was amazing and kept me going. As did my superb band of supporters!