Options

Giving up the booze

Comments

• Options

Could have been worse Cinders - you could have lost the car but still have the keys. I did that once when I was drinking. They found my car 50 miles away and I don't remember driving it there.

D

• Options

Have you looked in the fridge Cinders, and the washing machine - thats where I normally find things that go missing image.  Parking the kids in the garage - why didn't I think of that when mine were little image.

Oh WM, you're making me jealous - I need to lose weight (and run more) so I can justify new stuff.

((((Apps)))), hope you feel better soon.  I still feel like I've got a really bad case of whiplash and my neck is in one of those support things - it's not but it feels like it. 

I slept a bit better but still kept waking up everytime I turned over - ouch!!!!!   Whatever's causing the pain must be muscular as it's moving about, it was really bad on my right side the other day and now it's worse on the left - I've just snoozed for an hour on the sofa, one lot of tablets makes me feel sick and the other just zonk me out.  And I haven't got much work done either image.

• Options
    WM, I couldn't find my car in the Croydon multi storey car park for over 2 hours, I was just about to ring the police as I thought it'd been nicked when I found it, nothing to do with drink, just stupidity image.  To make matters worse, i'd paid at the machine on the way back to the car and I had to pay another 4 quid at the barrier as I'd been there so long!
  • Options

Lol SL, I've mislaid my car in Tesco car park before and forgot which lane it was down!

Garage is fab SL, its got an internal door so we wheel him in in either the jogger/baby trailer, prop open the door, let him have his zzzz and can check on him from time to time!!!

Have tried most of those places, have this horrible feeling that little hands put the keys in the bin and the bins were emptied by the council yesterday!  Think a new key is about £80 so Buttons best start saving up now

• Options
    oops, naughty buttons!  You know it will turn up the day after you buy a new one image.  What time is your clas?
  • Options

Buttons has been let off, I found my key in the bottom of his nursery bag when I picked him up just now!  Must keep a better eye on my keys next time.  We've lost various items so far, coasters, money, moisturiser and so far they've never turned up!!!

Class is at 7pm so heading off in a minute as not sure where to park etc, feel like new kid going to school! image

Have a nice evening all.

• Options

How did the class go Cinders - di your fingers get tied in knots?

I've gotta go in to work today - got the planning hat on on mondays and fridays and  i can't do that at home.  Shoulders are not so bad today so hopefully the muscles have had a nice rest and will get back to normal soon.

Hope everyone has a good day today - Dx

• Options

Morning SL, hope your day at work goes ok.

Well it was hard work, the tutor herself is actually deaf but it was good.  I can sign my name at least now!

• Options

Cinders - if you want to be accepted by the Deaf community you need to think of a nickname that describes your appearance. For example, In the Staffordshire Deaf community I am known as Santa because I was a bit chubby and had a white beard. I may have lost the weight .... but the name will linger on.

If the pain is at all muscular SL try the Arnica .. it won't conflict with any meds and may give you a little relief.

Well, I confess - I wandered around the house all yesterday evening in my new sporty clothes ..... and it felt great!!!!! I was never a fashion victim when I was overweight - now I am competing with Pulse for the latest gear image

Bit of a row last night with Twitch as he isn't doing anything to look for work. Consequently, he is expecting Mummy and Daddy to feed (and clothe him) .. and he's 24!!! Now I know times are hard and jobs really diofficult to come by, so in that respect I really feel for him. However, I don't think it's unreasonable that he should try for jobs - even if his chances are pretty slim.  Anyway, we said this to him last night and it resulted in a blazing row.  Maybe now he'll get up off his lazy *** and try and do something!!! I dare say that he will be sulking when I see him again tonight ... and if he is I am quite likely to impale him on a rusty park railing. You know, there are truly times in my life where infanticide really seems to have so many advantages.

Anyone doing anything nice this weekend?

D

• Options

Sorry to hear about the row with Twitch WM, hope you can resolve things.  What sort of work is he looking for? 

Not sure about a nickname, I was called Kebab at school (my name is Donna!) and also shortie, smalley and the like!

We're doing a fun run on Sunday, the 3 of us with Thomas in the jogger.  This was his first "race" last year.  Its for our local hospice so a good cause too. 

• Options

I feel for you WM, I've been there too.  The only thing you can do is make sure they've got a meal in them but not let them raid the fridge/cupboards etc.  And don't buy them any clothes or give him any money to spend either.  If my kids needed clothes or shoes I would get them something from the charity shop or the really cheap shoe shop.  They hated it!  Daisy hasn't done a day's work in her life but she's moved out and in general dosen't sponge off us. 

I've pictures of you WM in my head swanning around the house in lurid coloured lycra - it's not a good look!

Cinders, I reckon you've hit gold there having a deaf teacher - you'll probably learn tons more from her than a hearing teacher.  As for a nickname,  pixie would suit you!  You're a dinky little thing image.

I had a rotton day yesterday, I was in agony for most of it so took all the pills, felt sick all day, tried to eat a little bit of dinner and threw up image.  I had a much better nights sleep though and the shoulders/back haven't hurt too much at all today  so haven't had to take all the yukky pillsimage.

Fingers crossed it stays good tomorrow, if it does I'll be going for that run sunday morning.

• Options

SL, are there other pills you can take for your shoulder/back, those ones sound like they are making things worse.   What run have you planned for Sunday?

Pixie, love it!  Not sure how to sign it though image

Can feel for you too WM.  My little bro is still living at home (he's gone and come back twice), he's 32 and although now has a job, its hard work for my mum who still wants to provide/look after him even though she's now on a pension.

As for WM in lycra, pics needed image

• Options

SL - could I seriously suggest you consider telling a therapist about these pictures you are visualising. I now have the scene set:

SL enters a room filled with a huge oak desk and a large leather sofa in the corner. An Austrian psychoanalyst looks up from his desk and points for you to lie on the sofa. Once you are settled he begins ....

THERAPIST: Zo SL 'ow long 'ave you been 'aving zeez unpleasant fantasies about dumpy Velshmen in lycra.

SL: Well it all started when a friend told me they had bough clothes ...

THERAPIST: Aaaaah ... zo you often think of old hairy men in tight shiny material when you think of clothes shopz?

SL: Well ... not always.

THERAPIST: Hmmmm - ziss soundz very seriouz SL, I zink you vill have to run a great deal to try and get zeez images out of your brain. Ziss fantasies is probably due to a very unpleazant experience von day ven you vent shopping. But relax ... your trauma is purely temporary and vill easily be rezolved if you pay me a great deal of money and buy yourself 'uge quantities of Nike kit.

*************************************************

Cinders - My surname is Bunce ... so at school I was called Bunsen Burner, Bouncy Buncey, Duncy Buncey, "Trill makes Buncey bounce with health" etc. Given that, Santa feels quite attractive!!!

D

• Options

lol, still giggling WM, though going to buy 'uge quantities of kit could be a remedy for anything! image

I promise I'll try the arnica, I know it works on bruises and stuff, this is more my back going into spasms image.

If I do run it will be the 10k - more walk/run really - just to get time on my feet.

I think pixie is good cinders, but would you be expected to wear a hat with a bell on it image

• Options

... and don't forget the little fishing rod and the mischievious grin!!!

D

• Options

Afternoon all!

WM  should never be allowed to leave this thread.  Think we are far more upbeat for your attendance!

Just back from paying £30.00 for a haircut that i really dont think i like.  Ho hum, still sat there and said yeah thats fine.  Just wont go back.

New Forest half for me tomorrow all being well.  Not looking forward to puting on lycra and short running top.  When I get fat, i wear a long t-shirt to cover all the bits I hate.  So I have to wear up whether i will look more of a plonk as a fatty or a novice plonk wearing a cotton t-shirt on a hot day.

Hope you back improves real quick SL.  Give the arnica a go and report back.

Off to clean the mess that is my house.

Chat later

• Options

Ha Ha WM, I think you're getting your pixies mixed up with your gnomes!

HTF I'm like that every time I go to the hairdressers, I don't really know what I want so can't tell them and the barnet either ends up looking the same which I didn't want or different but I don't like it.

Best of luck for the NF half tomorrow - if you weren't running it'd be a lovely day for it imageimage.  I'm supposed to be doing more packing but I can't be arsed!

• Options

When are you moving SL?  Good luck with packing.

Good luck for NF half tomorrow HTF and I'm the same too re hairdressers, in fact I just don't like hairdressers, don't like being fiddled with!!!

Just off to put some yellow ribbon on the babyjogger for tomorrow's 5k fun run.  Its for Pilgrims Hospice and the theme is yellow this year!

• Options

Hopefully moving  next weekend Cinders, it's not fixed yet though.  I need to get onto the housing association and put a rocket up thier rear ends!

Good luck for the run, a good cause as all hospices are.

• Options

Cinders I enjoy being fiddled with, its sitting in front of a mirror that puts me off!

Good luck for the 5k run tomorrow.  Make sure you all wear a hat, its going to be a hot one.

Fingers crossed still for the move SL.  I think you need a date in order to get off your arse.

• Options

Good luck for the 5K tomorrow Cinders - I hope hope to is right about the weather. If so, you'll have a lovely day. I've been a real slob all day today - strolled down to the coffee shop and had a cuppa whilst reading one of the running mags this am. Then this afternoon I surfed the web and looked at silly web sites. Made a salad this evening and I'm about to do the dishes and then crash this evening with the Paula Radcliffe autobiography. If you haven't read it, then I heartily recommend it. I just finished one about Liz McColgan and I have another on the shelf about Ovett and Coe to get through. By the end I'm hoping I'll be heartily inspired image

How are the aches and pains this evening SL?

Good luck for the New Forest half hopeto - I am sure you will look wonderful. Everyone will be more interested in their own performance to worry about you - besides you are the one with the guts to get out there and do it - so go for it!! My prayers will be with you.

OK .. I have a hot date with some Ecover washing up liquid.

D

• Options

Morning image

Lovely and sunny here, just about to attach some yellow ribbon to the jogger and head off.

Have a good run HTF and have a nice day all image

• Options

Enjoy your races HTF and Cinders (Mr C & Buttons too).  It's lovely out there.

I've only just got up - my back was hurting last night so I took all the pills and they knocked me out!  I'm still a bit woozy image.  I didn't pack anything at all yesterday so gotta do it all today.

HTF - I think you might be right about needing a date in order to get off my arse!  Procrastination seems to be my middle name at the moment.

I could sit and have my hair fiddled with for hours, it's just bliss..............................  I used to get my nieces to play hairdressers, they'd be pretending to wash, dry and 'style' my hair for hours on end.  The secret to keeping them entertained was to have lots of different ties, clips and slides etc so they could make the funniest hairdo's ever image, now I get thier kids to do it - image.

• Options

Was lovely indeed, fab weather.  We had a good plod, think next year Buttons will be able to do it himself, he didn't even get to 2 miles before asking to get out of the jogger!

How's the packing going SL and are you feeling any better?

• Options

Well done Cinders - I wonder how HTF's getting on in this heat. 

Packings going ok, Id saved loads of newspaper to wrap all the breakable bits in and am 1/2 way through it!  Backs not feeling too bad today.  i've only taken one of the non woozy pills, I think my body's getting used to them as I only feel a little queasy as opposed to feeeling/being sick - progress I suppose.  it feels like I've got bad whiplash now.  I might try swimming a few lengths this week to exercise the back/neck muscles.  I normally aim for 64 lengths which equals a mile but maybe I'll stick to  about 20 this time!

• Options

Glad you had a good race Cinders - Does Buttons own a pair of running shoes yet?image

Well NF half was hot.  Long and much hillier than I remember from last yearimage.  I had set out to do this as a lsr so wasnt worried about my time.  I just wanted to finish.

Im ashamed to say that this is the first half I have ever walked in, but I did twice for a minute or two, and I walked through each drink station so I could completely swall ow all the water and not pour it down my front.  The race was well organised, with lots of water stations and buckets to drop the sponge in that we were given.

I crossed the line and then was offered chocolate cake, so chatted for a couple of minutes before I remembered to turn my garmin off.  So  provisional time around 2.20/2.21.

Would have hated the idea of going round again, so the thought of Beachy with all those hills is now starting to worry me, but I would walk up just about any gradient.

Glad your packing is getting done SL.  64 lengths of a pool, grief Id drown from boredam.

• Options

Way to go HTF - thats a fantastic time, and walking is nothing to be ashamed of anyway.  Bloody well done Mrs imageimageimageimageimage.  You'll be fine at Beachy Head.  I really don't think I can do it now image, not with 3 weeks to train in total and a wonky back.  If you'll forgive me this then I'll make a deal to do a spring marathon with you.  There's the inaugral Brighton Marathon 18th april,  we could do it as a training run if we get in the London (did you enter?)

Cinders, just seen your facebook entry - why a 2m boat trip????

I love swimming, don't know why I don't get bored image, probably as each length only takes a minute or less.

Really well done again, Dx

• Options

Well done HTF, good time and sounds totally fine to have had a walk.  It was so hot today, lovely weather.

Lol SL, Mr C wanted to just take the boat down the river to test it out after our hol and not been used for a couple of weeks, set off and 2 metres out the engine failed due to flat battery.  We were just floating and luckily we drifted back to the riverbank!  I had visions of one of us jumping in and swimming back with the rope!!!! 

• Options

WoooHoooo!!! Well done hopeto - good time too! Makes my 7and a quarter mile plod look pretty sad. Still I'm getting there. You'll rock for the Beachy plod.

D

• Options

No way WM, 7 1/4 miles is still an awsome distance - drive it in the car and you'll see.  You're more than just getting there, you've already arrived, where you want to go next is a different challenge.

lucky escape cinders.  Next time make sure you've got some oars too!