Options

Helsby (Four Villages) Half Marathon.

Comments

• Options
    Hohohohohohoho
    Hahahahahahaha
    heeheeheeheehee
  • Options
    Sorry Babs - I did think Iron Man was wrong but couldn't remember what you said!
  • Options
    Sorry Suzie you were there at the start but we didn't meet - I was in a bit of a tizzy. Next time.
  • Options
    MtB, sound like you need to hit the water now never mind the wine!
  • Options
    Great to meet all of you today.
    Some excellent work from the support crew, Cath and Dts and Susie, particularly in sub zero temperatures. Cath looked frozen at mile 10.
    Had a great run and was 13 minutes faster than last year (it was a bad run last year) Finished 1.54 on my watch, have to see what the chip time is.
    Will have to see what other events there are, but Wilmslow is a definite.
    Hope to see you there.
  • Options
    Hope the kids are ok now MTB.

Barbara what time did you run?

MG 13 minutes off last year is still pretty good going.

• Options
    Flatter's - Thanks kids ok but will probably be off school tomorrow ( Thank Goodness for Nana Dot who will look after them.)

Got to say I love the running man logo where did you get it?

It looks a bit like Jakesey..

'cept Jakes is not that tall..

or thin...

or fast!
  • Options
    I enjoyed today's run but I was a bit of a slacker. 5 mins slower than last year! I have got a bunch of flimsy and unreliable excuses written down somewhere....

Nice to see you again Barbara & Jakesy and it was good to meet some of the other forumites. Maybe if I run like I meant next time I might see some of you at the end as well as the being.

Thanks to Jakesy for encouraging me to at least try to look like a runner at the end. I didn't know someone was taking photographs.
  • Options
    Evening all

and just so's I didn't feel left out... just got back from my 8.62 miles and managed 94:45 which translates to 10:44m/miles which is still under 10.5 - so holding steady which considering I froze my nads off this morning and on only 5 hours kip last night... I didn't think it was too bad. Was bloody cold out there tonight. It wasn't my best run and I was a bit disappointed with the time but to be honest this is furthest I've run since I finished my treatment in March '03 and it felt okay, which is the main thing. All down to today's incentive I reckon! Thanks chaps!

Oh... also managed an ice bath tonight. Anyone know how long you're supposed to stay in the bliddy thing..? I managed 5 minutes. Seemed to do the trick, legs were dead when I got out!!
  • Options
    Cheers Meek, my 11 year old son got an animation program from the internet and produced that for me. It's only 5 frames long but very effective. He's proud of it and I'm proud of him.
  • Options
    sweep - how's things sweetie..?
  • Options
    Ice bath?? aaaargh cardiac arrest for me

well done anyway Cath on that run.

Very pleased to meet you and lots of others this morning - sorry if I seemed a bit distracted - that's because I was. When I'm going on a race over that sort of distance, I'm not entirely happy until I've made my Last Loo Visit - I'm not one of those Immodium junkies.
    (sorry too much info)

I remember a group of people clapping at the top of the hill at mile 10 but didn't recognise you - were you there?
  • Options
    Mike - I was but I was so cold that missed half the forum people! It was really cold and the wind whislting up that lane to the top of the hill was awful! As for my run, always room for improvement - I knew I wasn't really on form tonight but wanted to do the run anyway.
  • Options
    Great to meet everyone today. Well done to you all on some great times and thanks to the Cath and DTS for there support.
    I found it hard work especially in the latter stages but enjoyed finishing. Me and FF are planning a radical new approach to future races...were going to actually train for them!
  • Options
    Cath. In my experience the optimum time to remain in an ice bath is approx 1 nano second.

Flatters you have every right to be proud of him -it is really good.

btw Flatters how many of these puking and shi**ing machines do you have?
  • Options
    MTB, 4. Maura, Luke Eoin, Patrick and Maeve.

Cath you stay in an ice bath longer than I spend in a warm one. You're brave.

Are the times posted anywhere yet?
  • Options
    Flatters, I managed 1.48.08, over ten minutes off my pb. Think I was running near you around 3/4miles but then you disappeared into the distance, what was your time?
  • Options
    Flatters I have 3. We also have a Patrick(He's Mr Most Sick at the moment),Mary (Numero Duo Sick) and eldest Sean (not at all sick but v annoying teenager)
    I love them all really- just kidding.
  • Options
    I managed 1:44 which as a first half I am pleased with. I thought it was you whilst we were running and when I saw the photos Cath sent it confirmed to me it was you. I am sorry now for not saying anything at the time, but that's me.

10 minutes of your previous time is superb, you must be pleased. And 2 minutes quicker than you target. Nice one.
  • Options
    Well I found that incredibly tough. I honestly thought I would be capable of going under 2 hours, but obviously not. By 6 miles, Viking and myself were starting to struggle and by 8 miles we were going backwards, fast. By 10 miles we were starting to think of our excuses for our seriously poor performance. We thought of two, namely:-

1) we over trained
    2) our taper wasn't long enough

Actually, that's bollox. I've learnt a big lesson today. I can no longer do halves without having trained. I used to be able to, but that was 20 years ago. Today was a big personal worst, by over 15 minutes.

Anyway, congrats on some superb runs everyone. Loads of PB's to be proud of there.

A still think I should have offered a muffin to that skinny bloke who came first. He definately needs fattening up if he's going to challenge me for fat lardy bloater of the year.

Shall we all meet up on the Liverpool half thread? I'll go boing it.
  • Options
    Well done Flatters, glad I didn't try and hang on to you.

• Options
    Well done to one & all on a series of tremendous PBs. Even FFs PW was an achievement when taking the length of his taper into considerate.

Extra congrats to the Beak, though I'm sure you must have cheated somehow. Could have sworn I'd have you once I caught up - just ran out of hill.

Thanks also to DTS & TLS on support. And to Cath (also GO GIRL!) & Mrs FF for the Muffins. & Jakesy for the beer & lift!

Have I forgotten anyone?
  • Options
    Never mind FF, you did have the lurgy over Christmas.

What is the boing business? You said it before, but I did not understand.
  • Options
    A boing is getting a thread to the top of the list so it's easy for people to find.
  • Options
    So come on everyone. Have a look on the Liverpool half thread and bookmark it.
  • Options
    Glad to see you awake FF!

I have no pain in my legs at all...might have something to do with the lake of red wine I've just put away.

Sub 2 hours for Liverpool?
  • Options
    well done flaters, see ya at blackpool mate
  • Options
    Liverpool is too close to Coniston 14 for me FF, week before in fact. Too many races not enough weekends.