Options

Grizzly 2005

Comments

• Options
    CC, that's where I went wrong then!:-)
    I'm a big overpronator and I had no problem at all in my Terroc, I've also got the New Balance 781 they are very comfortable trail shoe with the medial post :-)

I wish i had pulling power as I seems to scare away all the single guys !:-(
  • Options
    I wish I understood all this talk about trainers. I was told I needed shoes for over-pronating feet, because my feet land on the outside and roll in, but a letter in RW mag appears to contradict this. So I just wear the new ones on road and the old ones off-road as they have better grip on the bits of the sole that aren't worn out. I suppose I could get some off-road ones from that nice running shop in Taunton...........
  • Options
    LW, pop in the shop on Tue, Weds or Thursday and I'll have a look at your feet and advise u on what's best for u :-)
  • Options
    So another grizzly is done and what lessons have we learnt?
    such as how do you run on pebly beaches?
    how do you get through the bog, go left or go right or if your h.m.g get stuck and see who comes. I think she's like firemen to marshall the bog next year!
  • Options
    Hurray! My knees were fine after the cub run so I'm really pleased and releived. I did 1:48. I thought it was 1:57 at first forgetting that the time at the end was the Grizzly time, so was very happy to knock 9 mins off!
    We'll definately be back next year.

We're too late to enter the Midsummer Dream which is disappointing. Maybe there'll be some entrants dropping out nearer the time.
  • Options
    Hi Ian, was just about to e-mail u, how did your massage go with Rob today!!!:-)

yes, but they've got to have dark hair tho!:-)
  • Options
    Well Done oldhasbeen:-) Grizzly next year then?
  • Options
    moe - midsummer - i was told (!) to enter sunday afternoon. bout a dozen of us heading back down to devon - do most people stay on a campsite?. (thats what we are planning to do)
  • Options
    H.M.G i haven't been yet booked in at 8, is your hair lovely and straight now?
  • Options
    no yet I haven't receive it yet, but when I have will have to go out so I can do my hair.

jw, yes los of us stay in campsite, showers are good and of course with a pub it's perfect!
    and this year is gonna be special for me, I'm going to have a "normal" looking tent, well hopefully ..... <looking for Moe for confirmation>
  • Options
    The campsite at Axemouth that is!

No, you put your own tent up Soph! ............. oh sorry, you mean the repair! I'll be getting it to you well before June as I don't want to be responsible for forgetting it!!!

........... I'll leave that to you! ;-)
  • Options
    hmmmm?..........Axmouth that is!
  • Options
    I've never forgotten anything,
    or have I?:-)
    What's the name of the campsite/pub again? I'm trying to get something sorted too with the Taunton lot! Cheers, HMG:-)
  • Options
    1/2 MG I'd really love to do the Grizzly next year and I'm going to set my sights on it. (Insanity rules)

Actually, I was just so jealous of everyone who got to go in all that mud.......
  • Options
    Can't remember the name of the campsite, I'll ask Fox on the Run or Vixen, they'll know.

see you later, off to school now.
  • Options
    Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves this year, especially as the weather was near perfect. The only pity was that the lake on the beach was missing due to the low tide (I always hate it, but it just didn't seem the same without it). I'll be there next year to make it 7 consecutive :))

Legs have felt fine since Sunday which was one of the benifits of running at HRM pace, so I popped down to my running club last night and fell upon their 10k Time Trial night. Damn that hurt!!!

Next stupid race for me is Man v Horse (with the possibility of Taunton and/or Neolithic Marathon(s) in between). That'll be interesting though as I've got a 1/2 IM Triathlon the Sunday before 'and a Triathlon the day after.....Ooooop! Sack the race planner.
  • Options
    Iain,
    would like some advice if possible?
    I have done a couple of sprint tri's but would love to try a bigger tri or two.
    However I just don't know what proportions to train with---ie. mainly run with the odd day cycling/swimming or concentrate on the cycling?
    any suggestions or training plans please?
  • Options
    It all depends on your priorities. If you want to be a runner who does Triathlons then you'll need to keep up the running. If a big Triathlon is going to be a main focus though the general rule of thumb is to train most at your weakest of the three. Also, depending on how 'long' you want to race depends on how much cycling you need to do. Generally Tri's are around 15%swim, 50%bike and 35%run so this is a good way to split the training.
    Don't tell anyone on the Ultra forum I said this ;) but tritalk.co.uk is full of improving triathletes who are full of good advice (plus some that have too much money and like to spend it on expensive bikes).
    Another thing you'll need to practice though is bike/run bricks. As you've done a few Sprint races I presume you've had the wonderful jelly legged feeling you get when you try to run straight off the bike. A bit of practice will help to erase that feeling.

Enjoy, I look forwards to seeing you on the Tri circuit :)
  • Options
    90mins... Did I say Stagger? Must have meant Dawlish Dash.

Perhaps foolishly, I decided to run the Grizzly in a brand new pair of Grizzly Approach shoes which I'd received the day before. They looked so lovely and shiny before the race.... Now they're plastered in mud and blood from the inevitable blisters of running 20 miles in new shoes!
    Boohoo.... :(

• Options
    Iluvmud

I was a 'virgin' grizzlyite this year and loved it! My shoes were new too and had only had one outing before the event.

They are now sitting on the back door mat - still wet and rank - stinking to high heaven! Double booohooo......:0(
  • Options
    Too late to back out now, your Stagger place is reserved & Exmoor Fred will be expecting you...
  • Options
    Iain

many thanks for that
  • Options
    moe / hmg - not having done midsummer before which campsite does everyone use?
  • Options
    jw, The campsite is in Axmouth, behind the Harbour Inn (pub :-))), there's loads of room in the second field so basically just turn up Friday night and chill!! or should I say relax ready for the next day.
  • Options
    got my 9 photos today!!!! anyonelse?
  • Options
    9!!!!!!!

Think I got 6.
  • Options
    LOL, I did say the lady photographer couldn't stop herself while I was stuck in the bog!
  • Options
    None arrived here yet (Oxon) - Royal Mail is notoriously slow for some reason here...
  • Options
    yes, got 4 this morning
  • Options
    Got mine today too! ............... after saying that they took a long time to arrive!! .........hope they weren't lurking!