Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    Hi my darlings, still refereeing and running around like the proverbial.

Yes Creamie it's hard to fit in the marathon training over the summer, but it keeps me out of mischief!
  • Options
    Roz - I can highly recommend the Tesco ones.

Have you thought about a tabletop/small dishwasher if you don't have much washing up? Will save your hands ;)

Wow, 20 for a BBQ. I'd get a catering company in ;) Why not ask them all to bring contributions - rice salad, pasta salad, potato salad, green salad etc so it's not all your expense. That's what I did when we had a BBQ with quite a few people.
  • Options
    Evening

<waits for invite to the BBQ.....>

;-)

• Options
    help me girls and boys

i need help. i have a pedometer so i can do my 10K steps a day. yesterday and today i think i have managed 14/ not 14 thousand but 14. today i have sat at my desk from 7.20 this morning until 7.10 this evening. i have gone downstairs for a pee twice and once to collect a client. that is the sum total of my exercise. i have eaten toast for breakfast and roastbeef and salad baguette for lunch and an egg mayonnaise sandwich for supper and a bag of grapes.

i am tired beyond belief of course. help help. i need 400 hours a day of course but i have to get out there and so something or die. i also need to work.

*sob*

i also had my stupid bookeeper banging on about our software and explaining about posting to this and that ledger and what happens - like i either understand or care. jus tproduce the bloody results. i wouldn't mind but she reviewed the dam software,and ok'd after i said we wouldn't have unless she was a 100% happy.

*sob sob*

and the worst thing was a stupid solicitor who told me my client was inflexible and unreasonable (mother) despite the fact that a consultant psychiatrist had just described her client (father) as rigid and unempathic and that the children had described 'movingly and painfully' what they had suffered at the hands of her client

*sob sob sob*
  • Options
    ((Francy))) You need one of those workplace treadys, the ones that double up as a desk. Honest, saw in on telly!

As for bookkeeper, point out that she was the one who reviewed the software and she was the one who was happy with it so tough if she doesn't like it now! Put up and shut up I'd say!

As for stupid solicitor, well, take solace in the fact that they are stupid, inhuman and downright thick. Not like you my dear, who has compassion in spades, to the detriment of her mental health!!

CC, contributions will be of the liquid variety and trust me, I'll get a reasonable amount of food but won't go mad, a boozy affair is what this is likely to be.

Bodgit, you can come....erm.... bring potato salad, green salad, pasta salad........!

• Options
    ooooh oooh can i have boozy contributions roz me me

desk/tready oh pulease.

musn't cross the bookeeper

can i come to BBq too roz i can bring toast, sandwiches, anything that is surrounded by 2 pieces of bread.

going to bed now.

would love to talk to you all tonight but sooo tired and have to be in office again at 7 ish tomorrow morning and in court by 9. stupid client who calls me 'hun' every other word and who whines about her bad back her depression he cruel husband whose name is actually elvis and who has actually left the building, in the afternoon.

i wonder if elderly husband will be back soon to keep me warm.....*wanders off in the direction of upstairs*
  • Options
    Of course you can come to bbq Francy! Tready/desk idea not a bad one. Apparently one chap lost two stone just by walking for a couple of hours a day! Call stupid client 'sugarplum' and she would have a heart attack! That would be the devil in me to do that! lol!
  • Options
    (((((Francy)))))
  • Options
    Oh! forgot to say...managed 5.6 miles at tempo pace tonight. Didn't want to go and actually fell asleep watching Weakest Link but woke up at the '...you leave with nothing!' Seeing as I was already in running gear and got new pair of running shoes to break in, I thought I'd go anyway. Needless to say, I enjoyed it once I was out!!
  • Options
    Thanks Roz! Potatoes cooking as I type!

((Francy))
    Now..if you only peed twice, you certainly have not been drinking enough! Not enuff fruit and veg, not enuff protein to feed those muscles, and not enuff fresh air!!

...and listen hun, <ducks> you need to take a break every so often...no, don't interrupt me, hun, I know this will be difficult if you are in court, but when stuck in the office, you need to get out for a brisk 10-15 min walk every few hours, now I know you will read this, and think you cannot afford the time, but take 10-15 mins out, oxygen to the brain, which will help to combat the tiredness, and a fresher mind, so being able to tackle the tasks with more vigour...go on....try it
    As for the book keeper and everyone else who whinges....extermination comes to mind ;-))

Well, I went out and woggled for 30 mins, GPS was flat! and swam today, and now need a week off to get over the shock!!

• Options
    Well done Roz, I have not long ago, woken up, the body is in shock!!

• Options
    Good afternoon playmates!

Am feeling chipper today, maybe the new running shoes perked me up!
  • Options
    I'm off to look at running shoes later, Roz.

Nice to go and look to see what suits my odd gait (not many do!).

Will also browse the running gear too ;)
  • Options
    Well, got there and running shop was shut! Used to open til 7pm on Wed but obviously stopped if they weren't getting the business. Shame as my running friend was looking forward to getting some new running shoes as hers were on the way out!

We still did our planned run though - 3.12miles. Not a great distance but a nice route - along a footpath which winds past Tilsley Park, Abingdon, up over the A34 turn left and up a field through a hedge and then across another field and down a grass slope into the lovely village of Sunningwell. Turn left after kissing gate and footpath by side of someone's house then follow the road out to the Wootton Road. Then left down Wootton Road, left at roundabout and back to Tilsley Park. Still hot out though... Ran in shoes I haven't run in for a while and I can tell that the ones I usually run in are the right ones for my flat feet! I have a few aches in feet and shins I don't usually have after a run so will ditch those and carry on in my usual ones.
  • Options
    CC, that brings back memories of the Abingdon marathon! It sounds a lovely run and it is a shame you didn't get your new running shoes. I've volunteered to be a guinea pig (not literally) for a study on achilles problems and the use of orthotics. It is a study run by a chap called Barry and I am going to Salford University to have my gait analysed and orthotics made. then I use them for 6 weeks and go back for more studies. I get to keep the orthotics so for the sake of a bit of diesel, it will be value for money!

Been to hairdressers and am gawjuss again....no more grey!

No luck on Match.com yet!!!!!
  • Options
    Evening

<collapses in heap>

CC your run sounded nice

No badminton tonight as Mr Bodjit ended up working late, and we are on grandparent duties for 2 days, so couldn't really shut Jacob in the under stair cupboard and go off ;-))
    Not sure how I'm going to manage in the morning.....military precision I reckon, Jacob to nursery, car to garage and be at work for 8.30......

francy, how are you today....??

Sounds like a good deal there, Roz

• Options
    slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    I've had my hair done too Roz. Usually my hairdresser comes when the boys are at school, so my youngest was surprised to see the nice man "painting" mummy's hair, as he put it. When I explained, he was astonished to be told that my hair is dyed - he thought I naturally didn't have a single grey hair, bless him. Even though he knows how ancient I am.
  • Options
    lol slo sho! I hope your youngest has recovered from the shock of it all ;-)

Well, I managed to get to work on time, sat outside at the garage after collecting Jacob, for about an hour, Jacob fell asleep, and I could have done the same!

• Options
    1.5hr tai chi class :D
  • Options
    hello peeps

lots of stuff going on here. tai chi classes running blimey anyone would think this is a running forum or summink

i had a lady in today bin married 41 years.....wants a divorce. little mousey thing she was. said things were not good at home and really needed to get out.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pooor thing i here you say.

then she said she had found someone else......

ah i hear you say.

then she said

actually she had been having an affair with the someone else for 20 years.....

i c i said

which was marginally better than the chap who marched in and said before we start i had better tell you i haven't had an erection in 4 years.....not sure what he wanted me to do about that

ok enough rambling, this is avoidance technique. i am avoiding admitting that my outing this evening with adam and lunatic dogs was an absolute disaster. the farmer had cut the field so trying to run through knee deep hay wasnt good nor was the fact that i was just crap really.....

• Options
    lol Francy!!!

erm, its not a running forum is it???????
    eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

Well, at least you got out, more than I have

CC, that was a good session

• Options
    Francy, could you have not suggested the Which Doctor, to the guy.....at least he'd have one a year then!!

• Options
    Francy! lol!

5.72 miles run tonight. Should have been 'easy'!! When has it ever been easy?!?!?!

Am dreading alledgedly 18 mile run this weekend after disaster of run on Sun! <sigh>

• Options
    you've gotta watch the quiet ones francy

Once had to adjourn a case (it wasn't my trial thank goodness), so that a man accused of being a perve could arrange for doctors to attach things to his knob overnight, in order to prove, by the lack of 'morning glory' at any stage, that he couldn't get it up and ergo whoever says he had a raging stiffie when he was up to no good must be a liar. I wouldn't fancy seeing my inadequacies written up in a report - but i suppose it beats spending a couple of years segregated with the nonces.
  • Options

Playtime image

Loving the smilies! image

Hope you're all OK! image

• Options
    Evening all!

Have cut the grass and done some pruning.

Have also pruned pussy..

Of feline variety! lol!
  • Options

Went out for a run with eldest little CC.  I did small loop on my own then came back and picked him up for the loop we did a week ago Monday.  He suffered in the heat image  I'm wondering whether the loop is too long or whether I need to adjust the run/walk time (at the mo we're doing 3min run/1min walk).

Happy Friday evening everyone!  Have a great weekend - I'm supposed to be running 7miles with someone on Sunday morning - my longest run yet!  Wish me luck! image