Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options
    I dont know the Town Gate entrance. What route does your bus take to get to Sutton??
  • Options

DH - a lift would be great. Is Stockland Green by the bus stop at 9.45 OK?

Deis - I'm sure we will be going past Town Gate from Banners.

• Options

No Probs PM, same place I picked you up last time, 9.45.

Deis, if PM is with me we can link you up at town gate no probs.

PM - Would we park at Banners and run up to town gate to meet Deis or pick her up on route??

• Options

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/TownGate.jpg

There's Town Gate; you can see Monmouth Drive at the bottom, if that helps. There's a few buses I can catch, which will get me there for either half past or quarter to. I should be there from around quarter to, if I don't hear any different.

Quite glad PM's going, not at all sure of where my bus goes, only that it gets there. I have waist length dark hair, which will be plaited, so it'll look a bit shorter, and I'll be wearing blue. Depending on the weather, either a dark blue hoody or a lighter blue mac, but definitly blue jogging bottoms. I'll be the one who looks a bit scared.

• Options

No Probs Deis, we'll find you.

• Options

I'm here.

My email is KalisJRavel [at] hotmail [dot] com.

• Options

Got that?? 

• Options

Great, so we will see you in the morning at Town gate.  Just stick around, we will find you.

Im mixed race and running with 2 white blokes, maybe even 3 if Mike comes as well so we wont be hard to miss!!! image

And dont worry, you will go home on a high, I did when I did my 1st run with them.

See you tomorrow, just call or text my mobile if there is any change between now and then

• Options

Noooo, you're mixed race?  Like, a dual heritage?image

I'm mixed too; half Indian, half English Irish and Welsh.image

I should go to bed, I'm going to need energy. 

• Options

Morning all

First, good luck to all racing today.

DH - see you at the same place at 9.45. We can esily link up with Deis. If we're going in the park, wear shoes that you don't mind getting muddy - cos it will be!

• Options

I can't make it; the 9 didn't show up in time, so I caught the 120 just after it, but that didn't get me to Bull Street in time to catch the 104.  Was hoping there'd be another I could catch a little later, but no...next one was 9:50.  So I came home.

Already sent DH a text; hope she gets it in time.  Maybe next time.image  There's a bus at 8:40 that I could have caught instead of the 104 at 9am.  Maybe next time I'll aim for that one, so even if I'm late I can still catch the one at 9am. 

• Options

Well, back at home, bathed and clean again now!!!

What a brilliant time I had this morning, truly an experience to run off road through those muddy trails....execellent, Im so glad you guys decided on that route.  When you 1st mentioned off road I thought "Oh Shit".....and I saw loads of it...horse, dog...possibly even human image. I tried to avoid it for a mile but after a while I just thought "Oh what the Heck" The mud up the back of my legs whe I got home and stripped off and my trainers are black!! I felt like a 6 year old in a sand pit...fun fun FUN!!!!!   I definately want to do that again.

I noted my splits were much slower than usual...is that normal for running on trails???

Mike - nice meeting you finally and thanks for your company...the time flew by. and it was great to see Des ...how you found us is beyond me, there were so many places you could have gone but you seem to have a beanies seeking GPS!!!

Deis - No probs, I got your text, I understand Public Transport is awful on Sundays, there will be a next time Im sure, you'd have loved this morning, plus I allowed the guys to have a few walk breaks....I think they needed them image

PM & Tumps - Youre both brill...what more can I say.  The only thing that would have made it better is to have the rest of the beanies with me...It would have been perfect!

So now then, now I have trained with you all a few times, met most of you, done a 10K race, booked for another race in 2 weeks and now added an SP trail run to my running CV, can I officially become a registered Beanie??? image  Do I get a badge????? image

• Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭

Shame about that Deis image

Hope you all had a good run this a.m.

TR and I had a nice time in Titchmarsh (lovely little place). I did the 3k first and was a little excited as last year they gave out trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd junior and 1st, 2nd and 3rd senior male AND female and from looking at the results from last year I could have got 3rd if I 8min miled. Had always said I was going to give this a bit of a go to see what pace I could risk on the 10k I have tomorrow. Anyway, everyone (especially the kids) shot off like bats out of hell when the horn sounded and I didn't feel too stupid (and old and competitive (I take the piss out of adults seriously doing the fun run usually)) so I put in some effort from the start. Held back a little at one point as I was trying to count the females on the return leg (wanted to make sure I wasn't in the first 3 and take a position off the junior females) but then realised there were a fair few in front. Kept pace good ... was sweating buckets .... and then passed a fair few more. Was again worried about being in first 3 so held back (only a little thhough) and decided not to overtake the girl in the yellow vest in front of me. However, she pulled away so much on the last hill for a sprint finish that I don't think I would have beat her anyway. Ends up I finished 1st senior female and 4th female overall in 14:02 for the 3K (7:33min/miling) ..... but they didn't give out any senior prizes this year .... DOH!! 

TR then had a great run. He gave it his all as we've got a little speed competition going on between us. Both got to slog a 10k now and then again in Oct and we'll see who has improved the most image Anyway, he said the course was pretty tough and he felt quite wobbly at the end and had to slow down cos of the effort he put in. He finished 43:19 and was 40th overall, which is pretty impressive (although not a p.b)

My 10k tomorrow .... will just go as good as I can after the first mile and hope I get to the line without being sick. Funny how much harder short, fast runs are than marathons ...... I'm dreading it!! :-/

• Options

Thanks to tumps, DH, Des, MH for the run this morning. Nice and gentle it was too.

DH - can't see any reason why you would nor be considered a beanie at all - there's not many entry conditions!

RC/TR - I think you should hae just blitzed the juniors away!

Now I really must try to find a weekend or weekday when I have time to enter a race...

• Options

dh: I think that as well as becoming an official Beanie and as you enjoyed the muddy bits so much, you are also a member of the special off road subgroup - a very special elite squad. Next time we will do solely trails [none of this namby pamby road stuff] and get really muddy  image

PM/DH/Des/Mike: thanks to you all for the run today........had a nice quiet afternoon afterwards image.......anyway that's two successive sundays I have run...a training pattern must be forming 

now that it is lighter for longer in the evenings, how about restarting the weekly runs at 7pm?

Deis: sorry you couldn't make it today...maybe next time.

• Options

Hi all ... must have cross posted with DH earlier.

Run sounds great ....... and yes DH .... trail runs are slower! Fantastic running off road .... I barely touch path in SP just mud and water and splash image ... you'll LOVE suicide 6 in Nov image

• Options

But there's mud and there's mud... And I told DH the tales of losing shoes, etc!

Anyone running this week? I'm aiming to go out on Tues, Weds, Fri and Sat and would welcome some company.

I second tumps' call for a weekday evening run.

• Options

Really busy til June now regards evening run lots of races coming up:-

Wed 7th - DK10K
    Thurs 8th - club run
    Sat 10th - Berwyn Mountain Walk
    Sun 11th - marshalling
    Tues 13th - Kingsbury Classic
    Thurs 15th - Run Stratford mid week series
    Sun 18th - Eastnor 7M

Oooh actually Tues 20th - TR and I wnat to do 2 loops of the park if anyone is around to join us for all/part, that would be great!!

Tues 20th May 5:30 and 6:45 Banners Gate
    Running Caz
    TR

Nice event today (the BBQ Breakfast run) ran the 10k got showered and then had free BBQ, wine, juice, salad, tortillas, cake etc to help yourself to. We hung around for the presentations from the Marathon Tour series and seems I would have been 3rd senior lady and 4th lady overall judging by todays result ..... another missed opportunity (2 in one weekend!!).

Anyway, the 10k itself was hard work. Set out fast (for me) from the start and just tried my darndest to keep it going for the whole 10k. Was horrible, found every minute of it hard ..... reminded me why I get happily stuck into the distance running thing nowadays!! image This from my Fetch report .....

BBQ Breakfast run - final stage of the tour marathon. Went thtere to do a flat out 10k to see what I could achieve as not ran a 10k in 18months at least! Found every minute of it pretty tough. Felt sick in middle of 2nd lap but held my position well throughout. Passed as many as passed me. Last lap slowed a lot in second half until the run for the finish line. Had a bloke try to talk to me and a bloke on a bike keep me company which upset pace a little. Also some of the corners were quite sharp and had to slow alot which wouldn't have happened on an out and back road run, but I pretty much gave it all I could and this is a true reflection of my 10k ability at this time.

TIME  =  47:46     DISTANCE  =  6.22      SPLITS  =  7:28, 7:45, 7:24, 7:49, 7:38, 7:59, 1:41(7:35)

Aim is to 7:00-7:15min/mile a 10k by Oct/Nov this year

• Options

rc: would have joined you tomorrow but need to conserve energy for dk10 on weds

off to do 6 miles this afternoon in preperation

• Options

..... have a good run AA ..... think it was PM you would have kept company ... I'm running to work tomorrow .... life with no car image

Just done loads of nerdy analysis on todays run and SHOULD feel quite pleased!!

Seems this was my 6th fastest 10K ever out of 19 and is the fastest 10k I have run since May 2005 even though I have ran 11 between then and now image

Also 5M today was 38:05 which is only 7 seconds off my 5M p.b image

Seems a 5M p.b is within reach this year .... shall find one to go and get in Oct/Nov image

Was really hoping for a sub 50 at DK on Wed but don't think that will happen image Ah well!!

• Options

The one date you can fit in and I'll be in Moscow - typicalimage

• Options
    rc: a free cider if you go slower than 51 mins on weds
  • Options

Morning,

I'm up at this rediculous hour as no car for the week means running to work everyday!  At least it's a lovely morning for it image Just hope the shower at work is still functioning :-/

Juicer - see you in a bit with the little uns .... thanks again image

PM - if you're around any mornings and fabcy keeping me company on the way to work .... that would be nice image

• Options
    this is a bit early in the week but is anyone around for a run in SP on sunday next? about 1000.
  • Options

Tues 20th May 5:30 and 6:45 Banners Gate
    Running Caz
    TR

Tumps 1845

• Options
    Papa Tumps at the Grindstone wrote (see)
    this is a bit early in the week but is anyone around for a run in SP on sunday next? about 1000.

I'd go (and I'd try for an earlier bus), but I'd still need someone to get me from Town Gate to Banner Gate, if that's where you're meeting again.  I checked google maps, and it's like a two mile walk away.

Don't think I can do that and run.image 

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looks like all the runnings going well.

Caz / TR Blimey you've gotta lot of races coming up, well done on your recent 10K's.  Caz looks like your back on form for quite a few PB's this autum. 

UM - Looks like your treatment is going well, I'm sure you will be back on form soon.  Thanks for the info and advice, sorry I'm a nosey bugger. 

AA - Hows the knee, take it easy tomorrow.

Tumps/Pman - I'm defo up for evenings runs.  I can make most Tuesdays after work about 5.15-30ish.  I may be able to make later depending, but I'm over that way and would rather not double back on myself. 

I might be able to make other nights, but will need notice for childcare. 

Well, I've been massaging, stretching and icing now for two weeks and it seems to be doing the trick.  I went for a little trot on the tredmill yesterday and (touch wood) all was ok if a little tight.  I have no major pain today, its just tight.  So I think I may be able to have a little plod round DK10k tomorrow.  I defo won't having a go, but a nice little run and a little social after. 

Deis - Welcome to NLRISP, hope to catch you soon at one of the runs.

DH - Glad you enjoyed your muddy run - It ain't aft fun! image

• Options

Thanks.

Why are you resting atm?  The two things that spring to mind are baby or marathon. 

• Options

deis: we can always start from Town Gate area. In the past we have congregated by the Visitors Centre at the back of Wyndley near to Town Gate.

Sunday 11 May 1000 Visitors Centre: Trail run

Tumps

DH: you up for getting muddy on sunday?