Options

New York 2005 Superheroes over America

Comments

• Options

Are you tauting for someone on a bike with a whip Ged? image

Mind, if you want to keep up with me on the bike, you'd have to get one hell of a lot faster... Maybe running would be better... Last time I ran 6 miles it was off road and took about 45 minutes...image

• Options

By the way, did a 50 second pb in Saturdays 10 mile time trial, which I really had not expected... image

First race of the season for me, coming back from illness and with a heavy training block in my legs... well chuffed!

• Options
    I assume the pb was on a bike? - well done nevertheless.
    Yes 45 mins sounds reasonable... and where I might be again soon.
    How fast do you go on a bike? .. I remember last time I was flat out on my mountain bike, and I calculated that the winners of the big marathons run each mile of the 26 faster than I could bike... image
  • Options
    By now I should be in Boston but alas The Icelanders said otherwise. Never mind a quick training refresher course this week and then taper for Prague on on 9th May. Unfortunately it means I miss Tewkesbury Half which the organisers suggested I ran twice. If ash continues how far is it to Prague by car? 
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
  • Options

That is bad news Ian but we cant really blame islanders for their volcano can we? .................................on second thoughts yes we can, shame on them. Better luck with Prague, im sure the dust cloud will have moved on by then.

:¬D

• Options
    Bum... Tough break Ian on Boston... what happens about it? Do they send you in 2 weeks time, to run round the city alone? - or with the other stranded 4000 Europeans?

Happy Birthday for Sunday Helen.

I ran 3.3 miles, slowly, with a friend today.... not sure it stands me in good stead for Tewks, but will give it a go anyway, I think.

Btw, Han, if you do your 12 hour bike time trial in less time, does that mean you fail it?
  • Options

Who else is running Tewkesbury Ged?

• Options

Yes Ged, the pb was on the bike... did another time trial on Sunday, 25 miles this time... average speed? well, I am not that fast... just over 24 mph... aiming to go under the hour now, as I managed to take over 6 minutes off my pb and managed to squash this years aim, to go under 1.05 for a 25, in one go image

I am sure you are taking the p*ss about the 12 hr time trial, but just in case you are not... the one who does the longest distance in 12 hours wins...

Ian, very bad luck about Boston image Hope you will get to Prague without too much hassle!

• Options
    I going to watch the marathon on Sunday. Will anyone else be around?
  • Options

Hello Howard, i cant make it this year, i remember the year i came and watched  you and Ian, i was exhausted, i am certain running it was easier.

Good luck to Teresa and Keith for sunday, 

• Options

Hi All

Thanks Supes.

Yes we are both doing the BIG ONE, should be good fun, really looking forward to it.

I've had a ITB trouble for four weeks since the Oakley 20 so not sure how I'll do.

Teri is on form and might do a good time (if she tries not to talk to everyone).

Howard if you're down there's the Adidas tracking on phones or Facebook.

Simply text “RUN” to 83040 and you will be sent a link to the Adidas wapsite.

You can track up to 10 runners.

2485 for me

4201 Teri

If you're around at the finish I think we might be found in a pub

• Options
    Good Luck to all you keen London Marathoners.
    ITB?... stuff and nonsense

Hi Supes. If I get a long run, 10+ this weekend, I will attempt Tewks. Don't know anyone else is doing it, but I have a friend who will attempt the 5 if I do the Half.

I admit the 24mph is faster than my bike. Well done on the trial. Take the wassname? moi? - never, but I do joke, sometimes... I really should break out my bike, and get some leg speed work in.. never a bad thing... Keep it up Han...
  • Options
    Tewks is not too bad a trip for a return to Bristol after for me.

Oh, btw, my work contract, I'm told is now officially extended to end March 2011... looks like I need to get my house fit for market?
  • Options

Good luck teresa and keith, i will be thinking about both of you.

:¬)

• Options

Looked like a good day for running in London.

How did you guys get on?

Ged, congratulations on your contract extension.

• Options

Good news re the job Ged.

My third London Marathon ....as a spectator and Supes is right it's much easier as a runner. Was at two spots yesterday, Bermondsey (mile 11/12) and Canary Wharfe (mile 19) looking out for about half a dozen runners. I only saw two of them, once each. We met up after though which was good.

Off to the fizz tomorrow. He's threatening to put me on a treadmill to see how I might cope with a bit of running!

• Options

Good progress but no running yet for four weeks

• Options
    Entered VLM 2011 although the reality is that if I get a place I will defer till 2012. I don't want to rush my recovery. If I'm going to run another marathon I want to do it properly. Realistically could aim for a good half in about a year if all goes well.
  • Options

Best of luck to you Howard we'll see you over 26 miles eventually.

I messed up with my VLM 2011 application which would have been an automatic entry for me as i have had 5 previous rejections. I got my dates mixed up and left it too late, ballot is now full and that system of entry is ending now so that was my last chance. image 

• Options
    Tough break with the entry Supes.

Thanks to all the well wishers on my job front.

Good luck Howard with that foot

Hope Prague is treating you well Ian

Hope Teresita and Keefie did well in the big 'un!

Had a frustrating weekend. Was ready to run Tewks, but altho, I felt I applied in time, couldn't pay online on the mac, screen went blank.. emailed the organisers, and when they got back to me, said it was full... image

Then discovered Bristol 10K was today, also too late to apply.

So went car hunting in Bristol instead. Found a nice one I'm considering, but when I was ready to leave, stupidly managed to lock my keys in my ignition. Rac call out an hour later highlighted how good veedub locks are, and their offer to wedge the door open with a balloon to fish out the key was refused by me, for a rejection of the inevitable bending of the door, and so it entailed a 3 hour and 110 mile round trip to retrieve my spare key from Wales. image
  • Options
    Supes if you're quick Brighton Marathon is open, it's the week before London April 10
  • Options

Ok Keith thanks i shall look at that  now

• Options

Run Report (first run for a year)

Got up this morning and did some stretching. Went outside in my full running kit including Garmin. Walked for exactly one mile in about 16/17 mins then stopped and did more stretching, not because I felt I needed to but just to make sure I was fully loose. Then ran home (one mile) which took 9 mins 50secs. Felt ok. I could feel my foot but that wasn't a surprise. My back felt a bit stiff and not just where I've had problems but just generally low down the back. Aerobically not a problem. I was deliberately holding back on the pace and it really did feel like a very gentle jog although I was breathing a bit harder by the end. More stretching.

Foot  feels ok now, a bit achey but that is normal at the moment.

Might not run again for two or three days so that it has chance to recover but I do have a long walk planned tomorrow.

• Options

Glad your well on the mend Howard, guess this will mean less chess, you must be fed up with beating me image

• Options

Im off to Glastonbury next wednesday and decided i would run 7.5 miles per day for the 9 days before. It doesnt sound all that much to us marathon runners but it is in my stage of training. Just got back from number 4 of 9 so going ok, even though it is quite hot outside.

Pencilled in to run the Isle of wight marathon in october.

Take care everyone

;¬D

• Options
    I'm considering running the Liverpool 10K Oct 3, which I hope to enter next week.
    I'm also considering running Brussels Marathon on Oct 10, which may be more of a problem in my semi-retired state... not run since the lunatic 15 miles that I did one monday night in the first week of May. Might try to run tomorrow, saturday, but don't know if I can be bothered.

Work is tough, but am winding down now after phase 1, and phase 2 starts about the end of August. Am having a couple of weeks off, one week at a time, before then. Got 3 more day of teaching before I can rest

I spend every weekend in Wales, weekdays in Bristol, and am too tired to run. My new car is a monster, and thirsty as heck.

Hope all are fit and well.
  • Options
    2 months since I ran.. went out to see if I could still do it... For the whole of the first 2K, I really wanted to stop, and walk back home, and never run again.. decided to walk for a couple hundred yards, then continue.... Covered 6 miles in just about an hour, and felt good... maybe I'll continue with the plan after all.... not quick, but lots of stuff on my mind that it helped with... And all in the name of getting fit too... Maybe I'll run one night in the week too....

Even losing interest in the world cup... might just listen on the radio.
  • Options

Good to hear from you Ged. Keep running.

There are times when I feel like giving up, like last week when every mile was a major effort until Saturday when all of sudden a 7 mile run in the heat was easy. Now in Orkney after a 600 mile drive and rather turbulent ferry crossing but I now have no excuse not to get some miles on my shows. Only 11 weeks until Berlin. We must try and meet up sometime perhaps September?