Options

'Mature' runners.

Comments

• Options
    Slow runs are good
    i have to say that, i do nothing else
  • Options
    JJ, any preferences for the message in your rock?

Jim C, glad you enjoyed your runs yesterday.

WP, hobble on, glad it wasn't the achilles.
    And I only look up to people when they stand still ;-) There are some advantages ot being short (I think... struggles to name one?), but strap hanging and changing light bulbs don't appear on the list.
  • Options
    Hippo, at least you can run... I could get quite depressed about not being able to do anything right now, but then I might upset WP as well. I NEED the endorphins, this is grim.
  • Options
    Actually, hippos are extremely fast. I can not vouch for their stamina, but I would hate to draw their attention if they were feeling aggressive.
  • Options
    WAKE UP! WAKE!
    Just to prove to to the disbelievers that 'early' is do-able. Out for a shortish run.
    Will be around later.
    JJ
  • Options
    Jim C.
    Don't worry about 'slow'. Been there, done that. Just keep running.

Helen.
    The complete works of Shakespeare would be nice.

Hope all injuries are much improved this morning.
    JJ

• Options
    JJ I suspect it's a max of 8 letters :-)

Well done on the early morning run.

My eatly morning exercise was at the ironing board, "A woman's work is never done" before hitting the executive heights of IT. Is this what they mean by "having it all"?

WP, hope your leg feels a bit better today.
  • Options
    Morning, people :)

Many thanks, JJ and HW - my leg feels significantly better this morning :)

JJ - Wow! I'm most impressed with the early run! I hope you're relaxing in the trough now :)

HW - I'm almost equally impressed with the ironing!

Bye for now.
  • Options
    Morning all. Glad to hear your legs a bit better Wee Piglet.

Suppose I'd better start being nice to you Helen Wheels and benz if I value a banana free second half to my marathon!

Everard's not been around for a while has he????
  • Options
    Morning all. Piglet - so sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it's feeling a bit better this morning. I saw my physio on Saturday and he said NO RUNNING for two weeks. Horrors. And he gave me lots of horrid quad stretches to do.
    Helen W - how's your knee? Hope it's on the mend.
  • Options
    Good morning. Feeling lazy, but hitting the road shortly. I can live with slow and steady. At least, I am moving, mostly straight-forward. Have a great day.
  • Options
    Morning folks

difficult to know where to put oneself at the moment, feel a fraud on the training thread as they're running/racing sooooo hard. whereas here there seem to be some many people just at the worst point in injury crises while I thinks I's getting better. And what's more these threadpeople compose poetry - I don't do poetry

Anyway enjoy.
  • Options
    sfhl: you're forgetting those wonderful plays what you wrote.

If it makes you feel any better about posting here, my Achilles feels a lot better bu I now have a sore throat.
  • Options
    Chimp: no sign of Redhead for a while either (sob).

JJ: trust you to ask for the complete works.
  • Options
    DavidB : all those plays wot I wrote, well yes they were good weren't they. Every one a Broadway and west end hit. Just the material that every aspiring actor/actress/piglet/chimp would want to be in.

now what were their titles??

Sorry about the sore throat, probably comes form too much shouting for Everton at the w/e (now who did they beat, Ridsdale's ragbags wasn't it)

Comeon chimp, defend your team...
  • Options
    Wish I could sfh legs!

We were dire by all accounts. Wish Venables would either roll his sleeves up and get on with it or p*ss off. This adolescent soul-bearing is really beginning to hack me off. Mind you, I did like The Sun's saturday headline "Venables ponders walking away from his £2,000,000 per year job" Sums it up really. Having said that the thought of local oiks Mick McCarthy or Neil Warnock taking over doesnt bear thinking about.

At least Smithy's signing his new contract. He'll be there long after Ridsdale and Venables have gone. Its a start I suppose.

I'm going tomorrow night but heaven help Ridsdale if Gillingham win, and theres not many Leeds fans writing that particular possibility off.

Bah!
  • Options
    DB. I posted a message on fat club on saturday to see if anyone had seen Redhead just in case it was just us wrinklies she wasnt visiting. She's not been there either.

Suspect she's got it all on with moving house but if you are there Redhead, pop in and let us know all is well.

Another one missing is LizzyB. Anyone seen Lizzy???
  • Options
    Helen Wheels. Soz Ive only just picked up on the fact that you're poorly ick with a poorly knee.

Get well soon!
  • Options
    It's lunchtime (smile)

sfh and WP, glad to hear positive vibes, also Jim C and JJ - "running" (forgotten what that is...) Go on sfh, give us a line or two of verse, you can do it :-)

Meerkat, horrid quad stretches - eugh, been there, and ITB, and medial thingy, and adductors etc etc. Good luck, and heal well.

Blackpool could be fun, wish I could remember the name of that bar...

Thanks for your enquiry, my knee is improving s-l-o-w-l-y and surrounding muscles feel less bruised so I'm making progress. Seeing osteo today and Ron the pod tomorrow, and very hopeful of being 'allowed' to re-start training.
  • Options
    Thanks Chimp, you can see how I get myself into trouble by my (temporary) new pic :-)
  • Options
    Jeez!!

Et tu Meerkat!! Hope you're back on your feet soon.

Anyone on this thread NOT crocked???

Do you want me to come and visit you all with grapes and choccies?? My restorative powers are legendary.

• Options
    Cant quite work it out Helen.

Is it the hokey-cokey??
  • Options
    It's me and one of my brothers (during our exiting-Kevin phase) in a posh bar in France, we thought they could do with a visit from Colonel Gumby to cheer them up a bit... I don't recall the music, but it wouldn't have been the hokey. We weren't invited back (blush) :-)
  • Options
    rolled up trousers
    dancing hokey-cokey
    Helen's knees are crocked

Hanky on the head
    spliffies in the hand
    time to party with the band

Helen IOW a long time ago. see I DON'T do poetry
  • Options
    nor am I a brain surgeon
  • Options
    Afternoon all, been a bit tied up lately, just had another foray into the garage can't find your dibber JJ, you'll have to find something else to make holes with. Is everyone sick or injured, is it the time of year or just bad luck.

Hello to Jim our new forumite from over the pond, and hows Billow.
  • Options
    Great result for Toffees WW, must be looping loop on that broomstick!
  • Options
    IOW, I wasn't allowed. Was physically removed and forced to camp by a remote Welsh lake (Bala) to prevent me from sneaking away to either IOW or Kendal. V cross because at 14 I was sure I could look after myself perfectly well... Bah!

... and I thought 'my' kids were horrid teenagers :-)
  • Options
    Hello Wicked Witch.

Dont start!
  • Options
    Chimp, grapes and choccies, yes please, and champagne too

Hello WW. Injuries inevitable, it's the ramp up in mileage before London, all the weak fall over, and quite a few of the strong.