Options

Over 60s training.

Comments

• Options

Good morning

nrd (as prescribed)

al

• Options

Ceal - I've just read back and seen your very difficult decision over Blueberry, but I'm sure it was the right one. Very sorry.

JJ - You can't stop someone who's not going anywhere.image

al

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭

Thanks everybody, it all helps. x

The recipe this morning was going to stretch this Southern softy.

1.5 mile warm up and same for cool down with 3 x 3k at 10k pace (7.25). 3 mins active recovery between each, which worked out at about .3 mile.

1.86 mile, 13.48 mins, av pace 7.25, av HR 137, MHR 151
    1.86 mile, 13.43 mins, av pace 7.22, av HR 148, MHR 153
    1.86 mile, 13.48 mins, av pace 7.24, av HR 147, MHR 153

I misjudged my 1.5 mile cool down, I forgot to allow for the 3 mins active recoveries. So it was 2.6 miles home, but I just took it easy, (uphill for a lot of it), and listened to the birds singing at av pace 9.46 mm, av HR 118.

Total mileage for the session, 10.6 miles.

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    TS
    excellent steady HR this morning, if you have a rest day tomorrow, just think how well everything will flow on Sunday for your longer run.

JJ
    I have to join in with the ladies question, How is your bum?  I hope you have a good race on Sunday, it seems the weather will be favourable for Hastings. Btw, my Blueberry was far from being a moggie, he has/had a posh pedigree!

Empty
    smashing run last night. You must be pleased with that one. I do hope Liz is ok now. Will the warmer weather that is forecast help her? Good Luck for Fleet.

My other cat Blackcurrant is in for  shock at teatime. She usually throws her own tea down and then rushes into the next room to finish off what Blueberry had left. Which in the last 9 months, has been quite a lot. I wonder what her reaction will be when there is no bowl, let alone no extra food.

I will pop on here again later today if I can. But for now I am shutting down my computer. Safer that way.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Shorter long run of 14 miles as I have my A20 17.3 mile race on the 22nd March.

AHR 146

MHR 162

11.36 HR 136

11.22 HR 147

11.11 HR 147

11.06 HR 151

11.18 HR 146

10.47 HR 144

11.18 HR 150

11.25 HR 145

11.24 HR 146

11.41 HR 141

11.08 HR 144

10.51 HR 151

11.24 HR 149

11.24 HR 151

• Options

Tracey
    good stuff - should set up well for your 17.3 mile race with a nice taper in between

Ceal
    what happened on the second intervalimage???
    Really good pace judgment and pace despite that hiccup - were you on the road or track?

laughed at you getting the cool down wrong - that wil teach you image!

Tomorrow will be a day of rest for me - well apart from cutting lawns for the first time, clearing borders, catching up on some work and a threatened vist by grandchildrenimage

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

TS - to more you are cross training image

Just hope my legs are not too tired for standing aroun on Sunday.

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭

I am online again. I have googled my virus win.32.monster.fx. It seems that it is a rogue scam. But a bl**dy annoying one. If I believe that I have read then it won't do any harm, despite it making my computer appear to crash. Well it did crash but had the wrong words on the blue screen. I have seen one persons way of deleting the virus if that is the correct name for a scam. But it looks very long and I am hesitant to follow the instruction. Now what Norton virus check is doing letting in such a scam I don't know. I am not so fearful of it now. But it will take some getting rid of, it is very persistent and lots of very professional pop-ups that resemble the Norton 360 antivirus.

Tracey
    Good going from you. How many miles this week?

TS
    cheeky northernerimage. I was on pavements, farily flat, well as flat as I can find around here apart from the track. However, I did have to turn 360 degrees after a mile on each rep, which must have lost a second or two!!! I am glad I didn't have to run it at 5k pace as it felt as if I was running flat out.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Ceal - I have done 25 miles this week. There is a limited to how many I can fit and how many I can do before I get injured. I have done more miles this year so far compared to last year.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Ceal - that fast 6.72 miles on Tuesday at the club has taken it toll on my legs.  I am trying to do a 100 miles a month, not a lot to some but will be my highest mileage year ever. After FLM and Halstead I am going to try for a 10 mile pb in the summer months. Then I am hoping that if I keep the mileage up I will get more long runs in for Beachy Head marathon in October.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Ceal - So terribly sorry to hear about Blueberry. Right if not painful decision it is terrible when we have to say bye to our pets. Poor Blackcurrant won't know what has happened

Empty - Hope iz is feeling better today

Ceal - good run from you today

Tracey - Good run, What 10 miler were you thinking about?

Nervous about todays run after yesterdays pleasing run (thanks for your comments) could i replicate it again. Noy as windy today but it was still there felt i was flowing i could have gone slower but didn't want to put my feet on the brakes

4.1 miles  37:07 - 9:03 pace 149 avg HR 77%whr

Split time Avg. HR Max. HR
    9:27 135 147
    8:51 150 157
    8:59 154 161
    8:53 157 162
    0:54 160 160

on my way out of the park saw a dog lab cross type dog off lead it was with a young man who was running (too quick for me) he put lead on dog and ran home i guess the dog seemed to be throughly enjoying him/herself

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

((((Ceal)))) sorry about you cat.

Pammie - you must be pleased with todays run.

• Options
    Mick6Mick6 ✭✭✭

Just got time for a quick hello.
    sorry to hear about your pet ceal, It has been obvious how attached to them both you are.

Got in a 5 miler around the streets and bridges of Venice this morning, it was great if not slow.

Mick 

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Well done Mick. I wore my shorts today and short sleeve top and I now have a slight suntan line.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Hi MIckC, impressed!

Thanks Mick, Tracey and Pammie.

Tracey
    It was quite cool early this morning. I wore long everything with gloves, took my gloves off for the last interval and they got cold. The fact that you are putting in more miles this year has to be good. If the fast 6 miler took it out of you means that your will benefit from the effort you put into it.

Pammie
    Remarkable. Perhaps you should think about the 5000 next week rather than the mile!!
  • Options
    Graham LGraham L ✭✭✭
    I've just popped on for a quick look with no time to reply properly but I just had to say, ceal, I'm so very sorry to hear about your cat. What a horrible experience it is to have to go through and it's one all of us with pets dread. A PC problem is the last thing you needed on top of that. I hope you get it sorted. Best wishes.
  • Options

In haste too, as I will be going out running with the club soon.

Really sorry to hear about Blueberry, ceal. It was obvious you were very fond of him. Hopefully it's some comfort to know he lived a long and happy life, but a real wrench to have to bid farewell.

• Options

Pammie Cor, missis. The adjustments to style are paying off. Or do you reckon this fab new speed is also down to the slight reduction in mileage caused by your recent injury? Meaning that it's payback time for all the mileage you have ALREADY put in.

ceal Sad. Just a big Blueberry shaped sadness. Poor you. xx

Empty Good run.
    Tracey And you.

TS  'Kind of flowed' sounds very nice indeed. Been a while since you said that.

Me last night....
    4 x 180m, 8 minute recoveries.
    Ok, it doesn't sound so arduous, but honest it was.

Just me and the boys. Sometimes that final 20 metres can feel like hell, even when there's only been 160 in front of them. 

Mr. S just ran some laps - probably a couple of miles. That was more than any of his fellow Sundays HHalfers did, although they were all there. Mainly standing around chatting and watching the rest of us.

Afterwards he remarked that although now he knows otherwise, it looked like we hardly did anything. That to an outsider it appears so, well, 'nothing'. I was on the 180s with Pete and four of the others were running 250s. With three 8 minute recoveries plus a bit of standing around waiting for the middle distance group to get out of the way that makes 25 mins to weigh against 2 to 2.5 minutes actual running! But our fastest and youngest boy found it so hard he threw up after rep 3. He's not one of the more frequent vommers either. He then had the dubious honour of running the final rep on his own, as he was determined to finish the session.

• Options

Ceal - I'm sitting here wondering what turning 360degrees after each rep achieves. Is it something I should know about? I'm also wondering if it was actually 180degrees. Enlightenment  please.

al

• Options

Ceal,

Very sorry to hear of Blueberry going.  We pet lovers know how it feels to lose a companion whether it's a cat,dog or even a budgie!  Hope Blackcurrant keeps up her  healthy appetite and won't be too upset that her friend is not around.  She will miss that extra bowl then! 

TS/JJ/Ceal,

Thanks for encouraging words re my hr etc showing that fitness is not that badimage

Wished I'd worn my Concurve jacket when setting out on the afternoon run.  After  completing some intervals the drizzle suddenly turned into heavy rain.  By the time I'd got back to the car my clothes were saturated. Had to strip off and virtually drive almost naked back to the house with only the Concurve covering body !!  Luckily I had a spare towel to dry myself but no spare tackle.

Morning (10.00) Resting HR 52.  BP 104/58

Started with 1.4 miles warmup on a trail.  Followed by 200m/400m intervals. Then 2 and half miles steady run back.
    The full miles were....
    10.21     111/120
    10.33     125/131
    10.19     128/135
    10.42     127/133

Intervals...
    200m...9m.11s pace
    200m...8m.22s
    400m...7m.42s
    400m...7m.39s
    200m...7m.34s
    400m...8m.06s
    400m...7m.50s
    200m...7m.27s.

Total done including bits 6.5 miles

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭

Impey
    thanks. Naked, no spare tackle. The mind boggles. Good intervals though.

aws
    yes 180, mind not on things properly.

Graham
    thanks. I think I did most of my grieving over the last 2 weeks and yesterday was awful but today sort of brought relief. Although I am not looking forward to telling Stewart.

JJ
    yes a real aristocat!

• Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭
    Sorry just read the previous page.

Diana and sharkie thanks.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Impey nice running, even nicer intervals

Sharkie - thats what i am wondering, is it cos i'm a little fresher from reduced mileage, could be only time will tell on that one.

• Options

Evening all

Impey
    ceal beat me to it. Very enterpising to even think of carrying spares!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    JJ - You need all the help you can get on the Queens Way, from one that know too.
  • Options
    cealceal ✭✭✭

Good Monring,

JJ
    enjoy your D D this evening, I can see that it wouldn't marry too well with Hastings the next day!!!

sharkie
    interesting session for you yesterday. I suppose the 8 mins recovery means that one ( a sprinter) puts 99.9% or even 100% into the rep, hence the occasional throw-ups after the effort. Will the structure of your sprint sessions be changing very soon now to get one ready for the summer season?

I will be doing a recovery run later, only about 4 miles I think. Although everything feel fine (courtesy of the compression socks), but I have another hard session planned for tomorrow. Although that doesn't meant that I will definitely carry out that plan.