Options

SUPPORT GROUP 2

Comments

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Well done GD (on the training, not eating all the eggs!!)

Where will Georgia and GM be on Sunday?
  • Options
    My lot do this:

They will be holding a banner saying "GEORGIA'S DAD"

First port of call should be the Children With Leukaemia stand at the Cutty Sark.
    Second about 17 miles just before Mudchute Station on the runners left hand side.

Last on the Embankment, should be on runners right hand side. I will find this out only on the day at about 1pm, so if anyone in thr group is running near me I'll pass it on.
  • Options
    Sezz - you wouldn't notice the extra fat on me as am already rather large so have eaten all my eggs :-)))

Right, last run d&d as not able to get a babysitter to run any other time this week. V. excited now.

Georgia's Dad - I'll be at the expo on Wednesday - am going to stay with friends in Chelmsford tomorrow until Thursday to do that.

Am also a meeja star as was in local paper tonight - I was amazed to see that both my feet were off the ground in the photo - crumbs a real runner!!!
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Cool! We'll look out for them at Mudchute.

Ooooh, get Sian! A meeja star, luvie.
  • Options
    I'm eating my egg in small, treat-sized pieces every evening after dinner. I've given up alcohol and coffee for the week, please don't take away my chocolate too!

3 runs to go. 11 miles to go.

And I've finally managed to read through the last magazine and final instructions calmly, without so much as a hint of an anxiety attack. I think my mind needs the taper more than my body...

Anyone else at the Expo on Friday?
  • Options
    hey SianH - you sure you werent just jumping in the air?!?!? ;-)

going down the expo on thurs after work if anyone is there - trying to avoid having to go to karaoke with the office (normally i love it, but its not as much fun when you are the only sober one there!!!)
  • Options
    Caspaccino - LOL! - probably :-)
  • Options

Morning all . . sorry . . can't stop . . I'll come back and chat this evening . .

. . hope everyone's had a good weekend and is raring to go on Sunday!!

I've added photographs of all the Supporters and Runners that I had photo's of to my Mudchute pages now, over at www.richk.co.uk/FLM06prep/Mchute06.htm

if you'd like to add your photo to the galleries, or if you have a better one than the one I've used, send it to me at mailme@richk.co.uk and I'll add you . . not immediately . . I've got work to do . . but sometime in the evening . .

see you later . .
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    That's a truly dreadful one of me! Please don't let that photo scare any of you off.

So, for any of you with niggling injuries, I think my body has come out in sympathy.

This morning my neck and shoulders are hurting and I can barely move my head. My left ITB is complaining and my left ear has gone on strike.

Can't hear a thing.

What?

• Options
    Cheers Rich mailed you a picture

Wow it is getting close now - going for a gentle 6 miler today and maybe a 4 on Thursday

Hope everyone else ok and those with niggles are getting over them - whats the latest
  • Options

Hi Sezz . . I know you're not very fond of any of the photo's I have of you so I hoped you wouldn't mind the one of you celebrating your 10k pb at Dysart . .

and get well soon . . we need our Supporters to be fit and well :)

thanks Runner Martin . . picked up your e-mail . . I'll add you this evening after work . .

kettle's boiled so my mini-break's finished!!

later Two's . .

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    No problemo Rich!

Sadly, unlike Debster, I am lacking severely in photogenicity! Oh, apart from one that Scotty took at the last social - must find it. But that's good I spose, coz then people get a nice surprise when they meet me ;-))
  • Options
    rich - dropped you an awful one of me that they took at work for the intranet site...terrible - and i wont look anything like that at 17 miles!

have actually strained my neck so doing hot/cold treatment from now on - late fitness test - all v pro!!!
  • Options
    Hi Rick, I sent you a pic this morning, hope you got it OK. It's me in the same kit I'll be wearing on the day!!!
  • Options

Hi GD . . yep . . I've just added your photo, together with those of Runner Martin and Caspacinno . .

and several from other Groups too . .
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Rich, got the big 2 thanks :-)

Jackie, got your gel and jellie beans.

If anyone else wants anything given to them on Sunday, please send them to me asap.

Caspaccino - hope you're neck feels better soon. I've done a similar thing and it don't 'alf hurt!

• Options

Sezz, I feel so much better knowing that

:/
  • Options
    I still think my suggestion about the 'big 2' would have been much more fun Rich ;)
  • Options

do you think we could get away with it though, Trin?

Morning Two's :)

My big choccy Easter egg is still in it's box <beams smugly> and I've only eaten half of the little ones that I got as well <more beaming> . .

but don't worry, I've not been suffering from choccy deprevation . . there was plenty around at the weekend and I got my share!!

KatieS . . Trin and I plan to be at Expo/Registration on Friday afternoon . . by the time we've driven over and checked into our hotel and DLR'd it over to Custom House then probably it'll be around 3pm when we get there . .

will look out for you . .

and on Saturday we're going back to Excel to see who we can bump into coz we love it so much!!

got to go . . bloomin' Training Day today and tomorrow . . back this evening . .

have a good day everyone . . hope those stiff necks and everything else that seem to be bothering some disappear quickly . .

bye for now . .

• Options

okay . . so what did I say?

:(
  • Options
    Sezz
    Thanks for letting me know you got the post - posting from Northern ireland is not always reliable. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Who's suffering taper madness then?

My neck's still hurting and I'm not evening training.

Rich, I could make good use of your uneaten egg if you like seeing as I didnt get any :-(
  • Options

phew!! . . thought I was billy nomates there for a while!!

sorreee Sezz . . that egg's got my name on it and it'll be a reward for Sunday . . for me!!

not that you don't deserve a reward as well for all you're doing . .

<<aware that deep hole is being dug for self and attempts to withdraw graciously!!>>

• Options
    I dont know about the rest of you but I feel C***. I did about 4 miles today and couldnt get me breathing sorted at all - hopefully just nerves but am definitely not a happy bunny. I keep telling myself I have done all the training just enjoy the day but...
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    I seriously am having sympathy pains in sympathy for you lot.

I've just run a very poor 3.3 miles with in excess of ten minute miling. Neck is still hurting and now left ITB is sore.

• Options

that's exactly what you should do runawayb . . relax and look forward to the day . .

you too Sezz . .

and runaway bride's photo is now up there with the rest of us in the Group Two Rogues Gallery :)
  • Options
    Just walked in from the EXPO

Had a great day bought a copy of Haile Gebreselassies book "THE GREATEST" which he signed and he also signed my race number!!!

To day was a good day!!!
  • Options
    Fecking hell. can't believe you still have that hideous photo of me Rich!!!!

Promise you all my mouth is not really that big - just camera jiggery pokery.

Do we need to blow up some blue and yellow balloons??? I'm good at that, me.
  • Options

but but but but Debster . . that's the one after your Marathon . . so it's the most appropriatest one I could find . .

there is a kind've theme here you know . . I don't just throw this stuff together ;)

think Plum's providing helium for the ballons . . so you won't need to pucker up . . and you can save your breath for screamin' at us runners :)

sounds good G'sDad . . looking forward to my turn on Friday :)