The Psychiatric Wing

Comments

• image I shall only hope you were comforted by cheese...

I am trying to get out of going somewhere I don't want to or NYE...really I'd like to just stay home as I am working and on call NYD night. 

• I am off NYE but no secured invite and currently looking after the germs for the last week so I may well opt for staying in and being in bed before the bells ..

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    We had 15 kinds of cheese at Christmas and are working our way through the leftovers.

I am not working this weekend, but am likely to stay at home for Hogmanay anyway
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Happy new year!

We skated on the canal outside our house at midnight, and I've been for a 'run' in the snow this morning, so all good so far ????
  • HNY! I was at work yesterday, went to a party and didn't drink last night (I know! A shock!), worked today, on call tonight, tomorrow depends upon my being called or not and at what time...

Tonight it's tea with Mother and Father Funkin. Off Tuesday and Wednesday, so might go for a run then. Well done on your good start to 2017, Deb image 

• I did my first weekday bimble in months and months today, as per the above message. Only two miles and took ages but I was glad to be out the door in the sunshine even though it was pretty chilly. I WILL make this the year I get my running back on track. I have to for my own mental health image

Hope everyone is well and happy. 

• HNY wingers!

Good to have you back on the road Mrs F, who cares if it took ages, chilly and sunny runs are ace image

I'll leave the well and happy side of things for a few days image

Changed accounts I work on at the beginning of the week and I'm discovering that the old dog and new tricks maxim may well be quite accurate, we shall see, is it time for bed yet?

• HNY Whingers!

I have joined the beginners group at one of my local Running Clubs as I want to do the local Half Mara

I had a shit summer with certain aspects at work and was really chuffed to be told today that I am moving to another role which will challenge me and put me back on a learning curve

Here's to a successful 2017 for everyone and for whatever challenges/difficulties you may face/set yourself
  • Hi all

3017 is going well... if I can just crack these 3 assignments

• seren nos wrote (see)

Hi all

3017 is going well... if I can just crack these 3 assignments

Hello Miss Busted imageimageimage

• Just popping in at the end of my lovely days off....only two left (& I really don't wanna go back to work *waaaaaaaaaa*)...have done a lot of resting and a jigsaw. Nothing else image Bliss! 

How's everyone? Injured Wingers doing alright? Healing nicely? Scholarly Wingers studying hard and still doing well I trust. 

We are currently trying to decide on flooring for the hallway, it's a real pain in the bum, as it's cream carpet which means there's an immediate need to take shoes off. We are currently thinking Amtico, as I want something I can clean easily but still looks like wood, you can get a parquet style in it, which is good I think, as we have an L shaped hallway - so whichever way you lay the floor, the boards would be right one way and wrong the other. I can't justify real wood in the hallway, much as it would be fab...anyone had Amtico? 

*whips around with hoover on the way out*

• Hmm...parquet would look lovely but there is a pattern issue .. 

Real wood also would look lovely and you can work out a better pattern with boards, what about tiles ? I've no experience with amtico image

middle of 3 night shifts for me ...weekend off which is nice image

• Just about to have the floors put down in the new kitchen and extension, using Quickstep flooring from Belgium ( subliminal advertising by the bike team worked ) it's a random slate pattern, but they had a couple of natural wood patterns

i remember Sprog 2 having an issue with an L shaped lounge and he laid the boards on a diagonal that didn't line up with anything....

Hope all are well btw 

• Ha! I have been looking at Quickstep too, Dave  image

Went to optician today as I haven't been happy with my right eye. Transpires the reason I am not happy is not because my prescription is worse but because I have cataracts. FFS, I'm not even 45 yet! Sigh. 

I'm going back to flooring, it's less scary than googling about cataractsimage 

• Afternoon all,

curiously I'm due an eye appt soon and I'm also in the cataract club as well.  Part of the aging process apparently.

I've got a tile effect laminate in my upstairs bathroom which looks swish but doesn't get the traffic that a hallway would.  Friends who've recently "done up" a house have proper old fashioned linoleum in their hall which looks gorgeous.  I've got tiles in my kitchen (inherited from previous owner) which are durable but very cold on unslippered tootsies in the mornings.

• I didnt think that cataracts affected those quite so young?  I am sure tho that recovery will be ten times quicker for you whipper snappers

I need to make a decision about new glasses as I keep popping in to opticians and not actually making a choice, think I need a responsible adult to come with me  image

• Mrs F - I am someone who always takes their shoes off the moment I cross the lintel.  I was always brought up never to wear shoes indoors

I am a dab hand at fitting laminate flooring (Quixktep for me everytime)  as I did my kitchen ages before I had the renovations and recently did The Gadget Room, Snug and both bedrooms in the last three years. 

I don't have cataracts but recently had my eyes tested and I have gone up three lens strengths in a year.  A tad worrying image

Meldy - have you tried Glasses Direct.  They send you frames you can try on in the comfort of your own home

• Bump so I can find this on the clubhouse front page- and morning all...
  • I dont think the bump will solve much .. I had to resort to the search function which luckily is one thing that does seem to be working !!
  • Looks like most of the indexing is squiffy.  I also don't understand why the suggested first thread when you put psychiatric in the search box seems to be entirely in French.

I've been ballot selected for the Royal Parks half (must remember to pay by Friday)- for future reference the correct way of doing it is to enter the ballot on the last afternoon while thinking 'It'll just end in another rejection'.
  • Ahaa!   Is that how its done!
    Ive been rejected by both Ride London and VLM this year already, having done both I am less than bovvered ...
  • Forgot to enter ride London this year and I don't fancy VLM unless I can get a GFA (and that isn't going to happen).  I'll have to check my results spreadsheet to see what year I last did the Royal Parks, it's a lovely course, but I don't know what they're going to do about baggage for the event.  I got one of the special bigger bags at Brighton last year and that was scarcely big enough for my teeny Outlaw backpack.  
  • For all its faults at least the migration of the forums has brought Hailey back to the beginning of this thread!
  • FerrousFerretFerrousFerret ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    ... and TMW as well.  Also looks like notifications are now working.
  • I couldn't find us! We've disappeared...but the ever-so-helpful Meldy Moo suggested searching and I've found us. Wonder if we are lost for good? 

Anyway, nothing much going on here except I joined the running club I said I never would due to it's ridiculous name (and the bleeding awful kit but there you go, nothing I can do about that!) and since then I've not been able to go due to sciatic/back issues...and my foot which had been much better since the orthotics was playing up again on Saturday after parkrun. 

Besides that, we've booked in the decorator and then the flooring can be done. We've decided on Amtico, after much deliberation. Then the house might be nearly just about done...except for carpet on the landing. Might think about that in the Autumn, need to enjoy Summer first. I have only ten more days at work before I start my three-days-a-week life on 3rd April, hurrah! 

Hope all are well and happy  :smiley:
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Woohoo to three day weeks Mrs F.  I couldn't find us either, despite you posting yesterday.  What bollocks.

Winter is fast disappearing here, much to my disgust - I haven't done nearly enough skiing and skating yet.
  • Ooh hello Mrs F and Debbo, glad you managed to find the new super secret HQ.  

Sorry to hear you're still not fighting fit Mrs F.  What colour/style of Amtico did you go for?  Enjoy the new work/life balance.

Happy St David's day for anyone claiming any Welsh heritage.  To mark the occasion here's a quiz about famous Welsh women.
    http://standardissuemagazine.com/quizzes/the-midweek-quiz-37/

Busy weekend just gone, we had someone collapse at the parkrun which was somewhat alarming- fortunately we had both a nurse and fireman among those closest to him so they took care of the CPR until ambulances arrived (mercifully quickly).  Expected to make a full recovery says the run director on FB.  I then spent most of the rest of the weekend trying to tame a beech hedge (it's still winning)- my arms feel like they're made from rubber. 

• Cor lorks and luv a duck etc., etc. 

My mother is here with her partner. NOTHING is right. Absolutely nothing. I'm losing the will and there's only so much prosecco I can drink before I lose my temper. Obviously the house is not right, the bedding isn't right, the shower is too fecking showery. Sigh. 

I think I saw a post from the chap who collapsed, FeFe. Amazing story - I think he's back volunteering already! We have now got enough pennies at our parkrun to get the defib installed, which is excellent. 

Right, off to make polite conversation. Toodle pip!
  • There is nothing worse than a shower that is too showery  :)

i have 2 night shifts to do and then I get 5 days off, two of which I shall be a shoutin' and a hollerin' at the O2

i have hundreds of gawjuss daffodils and other springlike colours in my pots, the days are longer and sunnier and I can sniff a whiff of Spring  :D