Options

Snowdonia Marathon

Comments

• Options
    we want the uefa cup this year anyway - nice to win that one once in a while - we have no space in the trophy room for ANOTHER european cup!
  • Options

Haha, you mean the 'useless cup',  perhaps you could win the Carling Cup this time around instead.

I have sent you an email btw regarding friday, no doubt i'll hear from you before then image

• Options

should have had  a return mail ant - all set for 11

bring back the milk cup, and the zenith data systems trophy

• Options

Final moral boost before Saturday - went to see Run Fat Boy Run with the kids - had a good laugh and thought if he can do it, I definitely can !  (I know he was only pretending for the camera's but a bit of kid-ology never hurt...)

Anyone know anything about parking in Llanberis prior to the start, do they make lots of space available ? image

• Options

WP,

I've never had any probs parking at Llanberis, i have always parked just to the rear of the train station (large car park), adjacent to main road. nice stream nearby to cool your legs after the race, and plenty of trees to have a quick pee !

Also, in the past i've found all parking to be free, !

Phil,

I have your mail now, ta

Ps, Have you tried soaking legs in hot bath for about half hour (with radox)  and as soon as you're out of bath and dry, try rubbing in massage oil, i got some from boots with arnica in it and it seems to ease my muscular aches,  freezing the leg and ice packs may only ease swelling and i usually only apply anything cold straight after i've finished a run. Hope it clears up for you though.  Probably a lot to do with nerves as well.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

• fellrunner

• Andy Hayles  (1st mara)
    • Asteroid
    • b-oing  #1298 Teign Valley Running Club 4:00ish with a prevailing wind
    • captain nugget
    • carrot top #384, ellesmere port RC, 2:57:46 (always aim for a PB,image)
    • Charlieabbey
    • Chris22   #1590 3:30ish  Port Talbot Harriers
    • Cragrat  #51  sub-4:00
    • Dafo  #596 (1st mara)  sub-4:00
    • Damian Miles 2   (1st mara)
    • davemac #975  3:45ish (hopefully)
    • Dead Lift  (1st mara)
    • Denbigh Doodle
    • El Gordo
    • Flatters
    • Flying Ant #293  sub-3:15
    • Flying Pig
    • froghopper
    • Ian Hadley
    • Iron Tractor Boy  #1177  4:30
    • John Bach   #168  3:05 (1st mara)
    • Karl w.b.h.  #332  3:00
    • LassfromLancs #1457  4:00 - 5:00
    • Loza
    • luna man  #423  3:45:06
    • Marcus crompton  #287
    • Marky Mark 17  (1st mara)
    • Martin Holland  (1st mara)
    • Martin Nobbs 2
    • Mr Phil  #800
    • Nods Dad
    • Nurse Gladys
    • paul davey 2
    • Paul F  #606  4:30?
    • Paul Fitzgerald3 (1st mara)
    • Pie and Salad  (1st mara)
    • Rain Bow
    • Raithdancer
    • Richard Williams 11
    • Ripped Dap
    • Ru   #1362  3:30
    • RunGaryRun #264   3:45ish
    • Run Jono #119  4:15ish
    • safety pin
    • SARA CLARKE 4
    • Shades
    • Sinatra #928  3:45-4:00
    • Sole Runner  #615  3:59:59
    • Squonk #555  - just to get round....maybe 4:30 (1st mara )
    • Steve Hayes 6
    • Steve P
    • steve-zodiac  #769 (1st mara)  4:00something
    • stilldreaming
    • stone-monkey
    • taffyduck  #1253   3:45-4:00
    • teacake (1st mara)
    • Team Strawberry
    • The Juicer
    • Toomuchtoodo #1257 (1st mara) will finish eventually
    • Tortoise Legs too #1273
    • T Rex   #933   3:50
    • Ultra Hamster
    • Ultra Minnie
    • Wharfedale Plodder #543 - to get round, under 4:30 would be great  (1st mara)
    • Will Crash #759
    • Woj

• collie dave  #342  4:00something/spiritual enlightenment

• caterpillar girl
    • dpryce
    • Jakes Progress
    • Johnny Mac
    • mark
    • marshallini
    • Podologue
    • "The Socks"

• aunty moggy

• biziliz
    • Lorraine Evans 3
    • more of a tortoise
    • Pugheaven
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Hammie - I said to you that I was staying at Bangor Travelodge and you told me you were staying at the other one!

I will leave my phone on, must top up my credit tomorrow and I can't send texts at the moment but will try and fix that before I leave.   (I sat on my phone and wiped out the message call centre number and need to look it up and re enter, if I can find the book).   What time do you expect to arrive at Travelodge?

Well who's been messing with the weather forecast?   They wouldn't cancel the race unless it was storm force gales.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    sorry, should have said this is where we're all staying...lol
  • Options

leaving today to drive up as far as Telford, breaking up the journey as my granddaughter will be in car and she's only 2, couldnt stand the thought of being in a car for 6/7 hours with a tired child if we drove it all on Friday.

Thanks to everyone for making this thread such a fun one, even if it has taken me hours to catch up .

Hope the weather is kind to us not much we can do about it anyway.

never did discover if it was last in buys the drink ..if it is then alot of you will die of thirst waiting for me!!

Safe journey to all of you, hope to meet some of you there.

most important of all, enjoy the day.

TLT. x 

• Options

morning all ... very strange day ... no gyming no running, feel like a fish out of water, thankfully I still have the three flights of stairs that link me to the rest of the office so plenty of exercise today down to my total lack of organisation

really looking forward to saturday, me and OH travelling up tomorrow. staying at Erw Fair B&B on the high street in llanberis ... it boasts quite a breakfast menu so will be taking full advantage of that on sunday morning, i mean i will be able to because i will have run a marathon ...

weather's looking a bit wobbly, OH is going up snowdon so fingers crossed ... i like a bit of rain, not to keen on wind unless its from behind ... me that is not my behind ... i'll start work then ......

• Options

Trotted out a quick 3 miler to test the cold out this morning, lots of phlegm but raring to go  image

YHA Snowdon Ranger for me in Beddgelert.

Good luck everyone

• Options

Cd's happy as he's on his way back from the Chelsea win - i'm happy as Steven Gerrard's reffing ability doesn't extend to Turkey! 

• Options

Latest weather I can find.. MetOffice

Outlook for Saturday / Rhagolygon ar gyfer Dydd Sadwrn

Cloudy with outbreaks of rain, drizzle and hill fog. Fresh to strong southwesterly winds and visibility moderate or poor, occasionally very poor. 

The moutain weather site is not updated past Tuesday yet image

Last run tonight, just a few miles to remind myself what to do.. Travelling up on Saturday am as would like my own bed the night before and only 90 mins away. Staying over in brother-in-law's in Anglesey Sat night, so will be around for a scoop or two.

Also, there are some bad road works around Bangor A55 so if your coming that way, leave some extra time.. image

Has anyone got an idea what they want to do AFTER this?? My brother in law and I have made a pact for the 14 welsh peaks in one day next year... image

• Options

toomuch ... i saw the forecast as well, decided to ignore it especially the windy bit ... as for what to do after this, doing a local 10k on 30 December so doing specific training to have a break from long distances ... then I might do the dartmoor discovery next june (32 miles around dartmoor) and/or a tri locally ... marathon wise going to wait and see how the new job works out but possibly loch ness next october.  like the sound of the 14 peaks in one day, is that walking or climbing? would be interested to know. 

looking forward to meeting everyone, got me badges sorted, will also be in running club vest ... not that anyone will remember but purple with white writing .. teign valley running club.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Toomuch - Cornish marathon is my next race after this, 18th Nov.   Over the roads of Bodmin Moor, scenic and about as hilly as Snowdonia marathon
  • Options

Shades,

You have email  image

No runnning for me today, had a nice walk down the beach with the dog instead,   then lots of pizza from Pizza Hut lunch time buffet !  (yummy)

• Options
    shades ... we've had this conversation before but you're from down south west also arn't you ... was put off by doing the Cornish Marathon at Pensilva because its sponsored by the company my dad works for and i just cannot eat anything he's been meddling with!
  • Options

For those driving along the A55, there are road works between Penmaenmawr and Llanfairfechan (only one lane open) and there have been some quite long queues there at times.

Safe journey to all (just down the road for me) and good luck for the race - enjoy!

• Options
    Shades, I must still have been suffering from post pb brain death at Leicester then!  We should get to Bangor before 8 but I anticipate getting stuck in rush hour traffic plus road works so we might go straight to the Italian place by the pier.
  • Options

not long at all until saturday now!!

thanks to everyone who has filled in the sport psych online questionnaire. i really appreciate all of you who've done it. It's been a great response but i'd really like to get even more. the more people who are represented by filling it out, the more complete view we get of marathon runners.

to fill it out go to the following web address:

http://www.smith425.f2s.com/snowdonia/main.php

thanks again!

ali

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

boing - yes, we have, I live in Newton Abbot.   I'll eat your pasty at the Cornish then!

Hammie - I'm hoping to arrive about 6ish depending on traffic etc.   Are you still on same mobile number, ends 883?

• Options

I'm on the same number I was on 12 months ago but I can't remember what it is!

I'll text you

• Options
    shades, you're a brave man eating not one but two of those pasties ... my thoughts will be with you!
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

boing - I'm not a man at all!!!   

I rarely eat processed food but before and after marathons I eat stuff I would never eat normally

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Hammie - OK but just remember I can't text back at the moment!
  • Options
    Not a problem, just making sure you have current number.
  • Options

oops sorry shades .... blame me having my friday head on!

• Options
    I have had 2 pub lunches in the last two days due to people leaving work plus a few cream cakes today. Not ideal carbo loading before a marathon.
  • Options
    What are you Shades? Man? woman? what? I'm easily confused?