Options

Snowdonia Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't sound too bad to me, possibly just a bit early!!
  • Options

just thinking after demolishing a bowl of wholewheat spaghetti in tomato sauce for the second lunch in a row that in 48 hours it will be (almost) over ... image ... for me anyway, all you lot will be well finished and half way home!

• Options

ITB - as long as they weren't liquid lunches LOL

FA - ta re parking. (You know I like pizza, good job I've had lunch before reading that post).

5 mile run to loosen the legs tonight, followed by a bath, maybe a massage this afternoon.  Head down tomorrow a.m. with the family, staying in Betws y Coed so not too far to go Sat a.m.

Badge ready - shout if you see me. image Will be in custard yellow Skyrac AC shirt.

This may be last post - so thanks all for some bright moments and good tips and hope everyone achieves what they want, and if not remember it's doing you good anyway !

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    SZ - I'm a woman, of courseimage
  • Options
    Funny - it's one of those pyscomatic things - your avatar shades look Male - will you be wearing those shades you can get with little car wipers on them for Sat?
  • Options
    What are you Shades? Man? woman? what? I'm easily confused?
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

SZ - I have perfected a sexless way of posting on this forum and I am often mistaken for a bloke - until you meet me!  

I thought those shades looked sporty, not male.

yes, will be wearing shades, visor will keep rain off shades and shades will keep rain and wind out of my eyes.    Don't want to ruin my eye make up, do I?

• Options

right, that's me done on the forum til Monday ... see you on saturday, will be wearing various badges

• Options

Ooo in 48 hours I'll probably be nearing the end...

Yikes

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Have woken up with a bit of a stiff back this afternoon. Whilst at work last night I sat on a swivel chair and the right arm rest thingy was broken, so when I put my weight on it it gave way. Just feels a bit awkward. A few brufen throughout the night eased it, but after sleeping this morning ive woken up a little stiff.

I just need to find the idiot that had clearly been sat on it during the afternoon and not bothered to throw it out!!image

B-oing, im instructing you as my 'no win - no fee' lawyer!

I can just picture myself on one of those tv aderts on Sky now, the one where somebody happens to trip on a banana skin on the floor in the middle of the room and gets £7,500 for their trouble! image

• Options
    Funny - it's one of those pyscomatic things - your avatar shades look Male - will you be wearing those shades you can get with little car wipers on them for Sat?
  • Options

SZ,

you seem to be having a bit of a 'groundhog day', or do you always repeat yourself, repeat yourself  image

I'm full now, just some pasta and spuds before i go to bed tonight and i'm carbo-loaded.

My legs feel like they could go 12 mph for 26 mls, no probs, just the rest of my body that can't  ;)

• Options
    I didn't do that!  FA! What's Going on!!!
  • Options
    How many carbs in one sitting FA?
  • Options

PF ... shall i bring a no win no fee agreement with me and sign you up? 100% compensation you know .... right i shouldn't be here, battling to catch the 420 train ..... see you saturday

• Options

SZ

I don't really count my carbs, but ate 11 slices of pizza for dinner at pizza hut, have had 2 bowls of cereal today too, 5 bagels, gallons of water, and now a big bowl of pasta for tea, i'm sure i'll burn it all off on saturday morning though.

early night tonight !

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Christ Ant, that sounds a lot!
  • Options
    Im really going to miss this forum so many funny,friendly and great people.Safe journey to you all and  see you there.image
  • Options

PF,

I know, i may have overdone it a bit  image

I'll probably be too fat to run on saturday, i'll get my excuses in early for a poor race shall i !!!

Mmmmm, kids have left a nice ice lolly and ice cream in freezer, think that'll have to disappear too !

• Options

fa - that sounds like the scene from monty python with mr creosote...'and just a small waffer thin mint to finish of?'

paul - hope it doesn't hold you back. i'll be up early too as my pilot has gone down with the flu (bloody inconvenient i'd say) and i'm going to have to drive there now picking sz up along the way.

just spent two days in london probably walking (and drinking) more than i should. well my serious prep starts here and now (i think)

• Options
    11 slices of pizza, finally someone with the same diet as me! I've been a bit slack on the old forum, was anything decided about identification, you could say anything now couldnt you...I'll be the only one dressed up as a pink cat or a bowl of custard!!

see you all saturday, and good luck everyone, it's been great chatting, same time next year??...ok maybe make that decision some time next week.
  • Options

I have already planned that I will be stopping at a chippy on the drive back for some "recovery" food, mmm.

For those staying at the Snowdonia Forumite Hotel (aka Travelodge Bangor) I may see you Friday or on Saturday at the race, I will be the one with lots of layers on. I may even get some usage out of my pirate umbrella this weekend.

• Options

Good luck to all - hope to meet a few of you on Saturday, but if not, look forward to reading reports on here.

Mixed emotions at the moment - one minute excitement, the next terror!!!

Bring it on!!

• Options

11 slices of Pizza? I wouldn't want to be standing behind you in the morning - CD got a tough day at work tomorrow but still trying to get away and back to wales to pick up our numbers etc.

I'm gonna try and squash some chocolate pudding in now. 

• Options

a fitting final post fr - pragmatic to the death

hope we meet you. until then

Stuff the 2008 race, i'll be 100% off road by then

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Bye, fellrunner.  Nice knowing you.  I expect it's a case of stuff reports.

Yes, got to be one of the most lively threads I've been on.  And at times quite informative.

Hope everyone's preparation has gone OK (bit worried about CD though image), especially the first timers!  Nothing more to do now except eat and pack - or you shouldn't be doing anything else!  Did my last quick 8 this afternoon.

I'm camping at Snowdon House, Nant Peris.  Anyone else braving the elements?

On Sunday I'll be making the most of my time in the area and doing some recceing for my own 3000ers attempt.  My plan is not only to do them in a day, but to do them starting and finishing at the same point (instead of the usual Snowdon - Foel-fras).  I'll probably be nipping up to Y Garn and Glyder Fawr, both of which you can get to from Llanberis Pass, or possibly driving over to Tryfan and having a go at the Central Buttress route.  Not sure how I'd be getting down - no route is easy.

New, revised list will be coming up at some point ...

• Options
    just want to wish you all a wonderful race, good luck, I'll be somewhere near Beddgelert cheering you all on. 
  • Options

So that's that then. 

It seems everyone is slowly leaving the thread.  Hasn't time flown since the 23rd February 2007? 

Over 2500 posts and loads of forumites as they say.  The jokes phase was funny...and then the sometimes 'heated' debates with the forum die hards...CD, SZ, FA and of course FR, plus T Rex, WP, Paul F and B-oing, plus many more, too many to mention.

I will look out for any Roobarbs and Custards and give my very best regards...

Have a wonderful race, I know I will.                

• Options

I mean 2700 posts!!  Crikey that went up quick!