Options

Snowdonia Marathon

Comments

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    • carrot top #384  ellesmere port RC  2:57:46 (always aim for a PB,image)
    • Karl w.b.h.  #332  3:00
    • John Bach   #168  3:05 (1st mara)
    • Flying Ant #293  sub-3:15
    • Ru   #1362  3:30
    • Chris22   #1590 3:30ish  Port Talbot Harriers  
    • RunGaryRun #264   3:45ish
    • davemac #975  3:45ish (hopefully) 
    • luna man  #423  3:45:06
    • Sinatra #928  3:45-4:00
    • taffyduck  #1253   3:45-4:00
    • T Rex   #933   3:50
    • Cragrat  #51  sub-4:00
    • Dafo  #596 (1st mara)  sub-4:00
    • Sole Runner  #615  3:59:59
    • b-oing  #1298 Teign Valley Running Club 4:00ish with a prevailing wind  
    • collie dave  #342  4:00something
    • steve-zodiac  #769 (1st mara)  4:00something
    • LassfromLancs #1457  4:00 - 5:00
    • Run Jono #119  4:15ish
    • Wharfedale Plodder #543 - to get round, under 4:30 would be great  (1st mara)
    • Iron Tractor Boy  #1177  4:30
    • Squonk #555  - just to get round....maybe 4:30 (1st mara )
    • Paul F  #606  4:30?
    • Toomuchtoodo #1257 (1st mara) will finish eventually
    • Marcus crompton  #287
    • Will Crash #759
    • Mr Phil  #800
    • Tortoise Legs too #1273  
    • Andy Hayles  (1st mara)
    • Asteroid
    • captain nugget
    • Charlieabbey
    • Damian Miles 2   (1st mara)
    • Dead Lift  (1st mara)
    • Denbigh Doodle
    • El Gordo
    • fellrunner
    • Flatters
    • Flying Pig
    • froghopper
    • Ian Hadley
    • Loza
    • Marky Mark 17  (1st mara)
    • Martin Holland  (1st mara)
    • Martin Nobbs 2
    • Nods Dad
    • Nurse Gladys
    • paul davey 2
    • Paul Fitzgerald3 (1st mara)
    • Pie and Salad  (1st mara)
    • Rain Bow
    • Raithdancer
    • Richard Williams 11
    • Ripped Dap
    • safety pin
    • SARA CLARKE 4
    • Shades
    • Steve Hayes 6
    • Steve P
    • stilldreaming
    • stone-monkey
    • teacake (1st mara)
    • Team Strawberry
    • The Juicer
    • Ultra Hamster
    • Ultra Minnie
    • Woj

• biziliz
    • Lorraine Evans 3
    • more of a tortoise
    • Pugheaven
  • Options
    That is excellent T Rex...
  • Options

Nice job TR .. I guess from that then.. the last in buys the beers..

Looks like that's me then... image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Mine's a Guinness image.  Good luck with your Welsh 3000ers plans!  btw there's 15 of them.  Garnedd Uchaf is now considered to be a mountain, although it says it's a Pile of Stones on my map ...

Oh dear.  14 degrees.  Light rain.  Moderate visibility.  That's all to be expected, but ... 24 mph south-south-westerly.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Nantgwynant is not going to feel like a nice 7-mile downhill. 

Should blow us over Waunfawr though.

• Options

there's a race on? In Snowdonia? On Saturday? A marathon? Why didn't someone tell me?! 

Technology's amazing - finally on bus back in UK with wi-fi, but this late night is NOT what was intended by way of preparation, so I'll be the one sleeping at the start line.

Good luck all! image

• Options

Have a Good'un everyone,

training over, time to roll the dice, take it easy up pen-y-pass go through your LT and you will regret it for 22miles. but saying that when it comes to hill running its a bit like running a Mara the best rest is at the end, so why put it off by resting halfway.  Also remember reading that;-

YOU USE MORE ENERGY WALKING UP A HILL THAN RUNNING IT image

not sure if its true, but it works for me. 

Hopefully, i may catch up with one or two on sat, if not

enjoyimage

• Options

morning whoever's left

starting to feel like the marie c'eleste on here

keep the posts rolling and let RGR have a final 3000th post to put it to bed for another year

T Rex - don't forget your checkpoint card! (OK i'll drop that joke for good now..until i see you anyway)

SZ - don't worry about getting the stuff today. as we get closer to tomorrow my start time in my head's getting earlier and earlier. so don't get worried if someone starts banging on your door at 3 in the morning. image

i'll pop back here later. ta-ra

• Options

Hello everyone

My first post on this thread, but I've been checking it out for months. It's been very entertaining!

We're setting off at lunchtime to get to Llanberis this evening. I did this one last year in beautiful sunshine and was hoping for more of the same. Never mind, I'm sure Snowdonia is beautiful in all weathers?!?! This is my all time favourite marathon and I am looking forward to it.

I don't know many of you by name but always recognise lots of faces. T Rex - haven't seen you since Connemara I don't think. We have got slower throughout the year, so we might see you at the start before you disappear  up the little slope!  We're going for numbers rather than times, and it shows!

Have a good one everyone.

Best wishes

OBL

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone.

Im chauffer for this race for Mrs Kwaka (supertec). Injury and lack of miles meant I had to pull out. My plan is to run a couple of miles with her then double back. I'll then cycle to a point about 18 miles and wait for a few others from the club to hand out drinks, eats, etc

I'll have my camera with me so if you see someone at that point shouting at the Stockport runners give me a wave and I'll take your picture. (I might put my Stockport vest on)

Fingers crossed for the weather.

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Hi OBL - will see you tomorrow, this is one of my favourite marathons too.

Hammie - thanks for the text, that's a different number than I had.   Haven't keyed in my message call number yet so not able to text back.  I'll call you later to arrange time to meet on Sat morning.

Right off to iron, pack and faff around, leaving in a couple of hours.

See you all tomorrow.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Mornin Dave! Im still ere, hoping to have a fairly relaxed day if possible! 6 weetabix and banana for breakfast, so im positively booming. Leaving the house at 4.30 tomorrow morning just in case the traffic on the A55 is as bad as it was last year!

Hello blue leg and Kwaka, im sure T-Rex will be adding you to our already impressive list very soon! Best of luck to those departing today, I'll be hanging around the kit storage vans in the run up to the gun going off, so will be looking out for Roobarb and Custard!

• Options

OK,

My final posting while i get ready for my chaffeur to collect me (in the form of Mr.Phil)  image

Nice chatting to you all during the course of this thread, it has been quite lively on times, hope to catch up with you post-race or at travelodge (ie, RW Motel) .

T-Rex,  Good job on sorting out list !

Carrot Top, my aim is to go off at 6.22 pace and hold it for as long as possible, i'm hoping to accrue enough time to see me over the last hill, it seemed to work at Loch Ness recently and allowed me to ease up at the end. 

Shades, i'll text you when i get to travelodge.

Hope its raining as i want to try out my pre-race 'bright lemon' colour warm up suit ! LOL

Bye....

• Options

Good luck everyone.. and thanks for the support.. the encouragement on here has been fantastic, especially when injured or sick!

I should be easily spottable, I've been "persuaded" by everyone that's sponsoring me to wear the Beating Bowel Cancer "Moony Shorts" - i.e. red and white stripes with a plastic bum out of the back!  image  Delightful - though I ain't running in them - too much chafing thank you, I'll  have to wear them at the start for at least a photo! 

Thanks guys and fingers crossed we all come through it in one piece and uninjured.

Nik x

• Options

Hello Shades

Hope to see you there, and Hammie too.

PaulF - I cannot believe you are leaving in the middle of the night! I wouldn't be able to run if I got up that early. Have you seen on the website there is a warning about roadworks on the A55, so I hope it won't affect you - probably not at that time in the morning.

My number is 1236 and my friend is 1237. We will be the two short women who don't stop nattering all the way round. If you don't see us, chances are you will hear us - sorry in advance for that!

Have fun everyone!

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Respect to you Ant, 6.22 is my 10k pace on a good day!
  • Options

leaving in about an hour - ant -will see you soon

best of luck everyone, if you see me face down or wandering tomorrow night please right me and point me to a bar!

• Options

not managed to leave yet

FA- my plan is to take it easy until reach the top of pen -y-pass, then try and claw the time back with my HRM, I reckon i will be 5-10 min down by mile 4 and will need to 5-10 min up by 20 for any chance of a PB.  I was looking at your time for Edinburgh, we must have been very near to each other. As i reckon we will be tomorrow, plus JB + Karl, give us a shout, i will be in a orange vest.

• Options

6.22! just about manage that for my 800 reps! different league

paul - i can see a special wheetabix ad coming on featuring your good self. sz - have you got time to pen one?

i went for beans on toast for brekkie. jacket with beans for lunch. then pasta (without beans) for tea.

might see you on the road paul. no point sitting at home once i wake up.

off to pack now. map, compass, whistle, torch, full body waterproofs........

• Options

Kwaka, would you also look out for me (#100) and Mark wearing Sale vests?  Its Mark's first marathon!

OBL, is your friend the one with you at the Cornish last year?

• Options

see y'all tomorrow. We're setting off for Llanberis now image

Good luck to everyone

• Options

Hi Hammie

Yes, and you saw us at Wolverhampton. We have done about 14 together so far this year - we keep each other going.

All the best with your magic 100 - I hope to see you before the start.  We have got about 4 or 5 years to go before we catch you up. I don't know if I c an keep up doing this many in a year, I am very tired, and I don't know if it is the marathons or just my age!!

xx

• Options

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!...and enjoy the custard, you would have earnt it

See you next year x

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Is that a cheeky smile there from fellrunner?

Whats up?

Thats a lot of beans Dave. When the forcast for tomorrow mentions a brisk               north-westerly its probably referring to your @rse! What kit/colours are you opting for? Chances are I'll be around your pace for the majority of the run...

• Options

Time to turn this computer off and get ready. 

Safe Travelling, Happy Running.

Over and Out!

• Options

Nah someone must have stolen FR's pooter..

STUFF THE SMILIES!  imageimage

• Options

most likely red solamon t and bit of red in shorts, definitely yellow nathan bottle belt. gel kayanos

i know you'll be in kinsei's. any other outstanding features paul?